Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

"Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome (49279 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
cara06:

Pastor Chris and Lies
He just spoke the truth, evidenced by millions of years of human evolution!

And Your JPEG is stale by the way!

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Then you should see what GOD said in Ephesians
I would charge my cell if I were you.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by revolt(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

For you to understand that, you need to understand what leadership is. I am a leader and my organization's definition of leadership is "the process of influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation while operating to accomplish the mission and improve the organization.” It is a very targeted definition. To answer your question, you are expected to lead in order to achieve desired objectives. Whatever that is. At the core of it, is being the standard. Do as i Do, not as i say. It also means being at the beck and call of whoever you lead. Because as leaders, we are expected to serve our followers. Not the other way around.
okay! So why is it the man that's expected to lead? Why not vice versa.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by ever811(m): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
MulticolourDeco:

God forgive you. So you only heard the split, you read that one. Did you read there beautiful union. His wife is right beside him you "Lucifer".
angel Gabriel,stop fooling your self they are separated till the second coming of Christ who will ask your god Chris what he was doing with his female members..
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Thriveplus: 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, the scripture did not admonish the husband to be domineering, rather to love his wife as Christ love the church., the scripture did not mandate us to be married, rather apostle Paul in 1 Corinthian 7:9 stated that if you can't control yourselves you should go ahead and marry to avoid the sin of fornication. The reality here is Christ, the bible did not say is only when you serve a domineering husband is when you make heaven. It is an individual raze. 1 Corinthians 11:11-12, stated that in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman and verse 12 says, for as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman, but everything comes from God. Therefore, man love your wife, and wife reciprocate his love by obedience! Jesus is Lord!!

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:
Religion and sexism are close pals. You cannot separate them from each other. Personally, I think it's shocking that all women are not atheists.
Not everyone believes in what you believe in.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by computerboy: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Then you should see what GOD said in Ephesians

You see? All the chapters are saying the same thing with different words.

The chapter made it clear that you're under your husband just that it also said the husband should treat you like himself. It never said men and women are equal, it just said men shouldn't make women feel less. I don't know if you grab the logic.

Oh! how I love reading this book of wisdom. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:
I think you're awfully maladjusted!

Conformed to 21century code of conduct which is all about pleasure devoid of responsibility and purpose!

Let me point you to some horrible statistics!

Women who resist male headship have been shown to be more sad and unfulfilled. They are also incapable of sexual fulfilment as they can't even fück properly in sweet surrender.

A British statistics have shown that women today are attaining menopause in their early 30s-- 16% of women will hit menopause before 40 and the tide is increasing. It is due to stress and stubborn behaviour.

Women are biologically programmed to look up to men for headship, protection, leadership and provision.

But your godless and myopic feminists lied to you that you're equal to men.

Well.....stats don't lie.

Check out women's health today, and i don't mean prenatal or child mortality, I mean general women's health.

It's falling like pastries set before a hot oven.

smileystatistics are always grossly wrong.
They are based on 2 small a group and prove true among none but the people studded.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
computerboy:

You see? All the chapters are saying the same thing with different words.

The chapter made it clear that you're under your husband just that it also said the husband should treat you like himself. It never said men and women are equal, it just said men shouldn't make women feel less. I don't know if you grab the logic.

Oh! how I love reading this book of wisdom. cheesy
WRONG. You are putet the wife and the single woman together.
The husband heads a household
But a regular man has no heading over a single woman
••••••
And even a wife is a equal in all humanly rights.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by nonjebose(m): 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:
Unfortunately 90% of men need guidians themselves. How can a woman be submissive to an abuser,drunk and manipulator? Religion is a curse indeed.
A wife, not a woman. A wife MUST be submissive to the husband. A woman has no right to submit to a man she is not married to. These are too different things. A woman should take her time to choose a man she can submit to, and call her husband.

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by torqque7(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:
...And he that has sense, use it smiley

Good day.

Lol grin send me your boyfriends number let me just start reporting you to him now so that he will know and not be taken unawares when you become his wife in the future.

A good day to you too miss.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
smileystatistics are always grossly wrong.
They are based on 2 small a group and prove true among none but the people studded.
You're impossible!

And you live in denial.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
WRONG. You are putet the wife and the single woman together.
The husband heads a household
But a regular man has no heading over a single woman
••••••
And even a wife is a equal in all humanly rights.
Dumb!!! That's talking of inheriting God's kingdom!

Not husband and wife mode of conduct.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:
Dumb!!! That's talking of inheriting God's kingdom!

Not husband and wife mode of conduct.
Don't insult me angry
You missed those passages, go track my convo with that guy angry
••••••
and don't quote me again angry
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Alphaoscar: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
adedayoa2:
I am a believer of the verse that says believe in your Prophets and it shall be well with you. But I am also like the Berian Christians, I know how to read my Bible and I am not a slave to my Husband and will never be. My Mother thought me well to know that my husband is the head meanwhile I am not the tail but the neck that makes the head turn well. my view

Madam, I can't see anywhere the Pastor called for the women to be treated like a slave ( even a slave deserve to be treated well not to talk of someone's wife) .

What I failed to understand is all this new found femine agitation and husband-wife equality by force .

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
revolt:
okay! So why is it the man that's expected to lead? Why not vice versa.

Go back and read what i wrote. I said "traditionally". Which means the role can be reversed.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bluffly:

Please do not be paranoid and act like a confused being. You work on your mentality. In what I wrote, point out where I said the interpretation is a master. Try to re-attend an English Class.

Comprehension is your main problem. If you did not have a problem with what i wrote, then why respond in the first place. And to enlighten your small mind, common sense should tell any rational human being that if you have a master it automatically means you have a subject or slave. How do you people think for God's sake. I know the educational system in Nigeria is bad, but it can't be that bad na.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Don't insult me angry
You missed those passages, go track my convo with that guy angry
••••••
and don't quote me again angry
Nails drawn! You always run for cover when faced with superior postulations.

Why did you quote that biblical passage if not to support your submission that men aren't the head?

Alright, don't quote me again!

Mrs statistics-are-false!
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by revolt(m): 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

Go back and read what i wrote. I said "traditionally". Which means the role can be reversed.
so can the role be reversed when it comes to security. My friend be a realist. Men are bigger, stronger, faster, amd think rationally not emmotionally for a reason. Nature created it so. Women don't even respect weak men sef.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
Tremor007:

Seun you need Jesus Christ in your life, the doctrine of atheism appeals more to the physical and unexplained, obscured abstract which tends to figment of warped imaginations. God who created Heavens and Earth is A SPIRIT and those who seek and worship him must do so in Spirit and Truth. Seun I beg of you denounce your atheist belief and embrace JESUS!
money,power and position can be intoxicating
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:
Nails drawn! You always run for cover when faced with superior postulations.

Why did you quote that biblical passage if not to support your submission that men aren't the head?

Alright, don't quote me again!

Mrs statistics-are-false!
Tsom T5om ? undecided No wonder the logic was flawed!!!!!
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:

Oh I did...

I think you should too.

Is he trying to say this was what he had expected of his exwife? Was that why they had issues?

I am not a feminist but I know darn right when something lacks reasoning. And this does....

Maybe a closet feminist you are...btw Aside biblical emphasis on marriage and marital life of individuals...We are Africans who have culture and tradition...Which I noticed is somewhat in tandem with the biblical injunctions about marriage... Unfortunately, divorce rate has INCREASED simply because women revolt against this biblical principles and their African cultural setting...

Most of you pick the flamboyance and exhibitionists lifestyle on the internet...and apply same to destroy a supposedly happy home...only to turnaround and play victim card...

Your comment on this thread proves you are already picking up such qualities either consciously or unconsciously...##Watch It Because We Are Africans with culture & tradition coupled with biblical teachings##...Good day!!!

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Tsom T5om ? undecided No wonder the logic was flawed!!!!!
It's not him, virgin girl grin

This here is his friend!

Don't quote back, Americana. Bye
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
revolt:
so can the role be reversed when it comes to security. My friend be a realist. Men are bigger, stronger, faster, amd think rationally not emmotionally for a reason. Nature created it so. Women don't even respect weak men sef.

You are thinking like an African. My wife will cut you down with her glock 19 in a blink of an eye. And she's an expert with it. Your first thought was security because you are not used to it. Security is a very easy thing to manage. Nigerians just don't know how to manage it yet. I have jumped out of Airplanes countless times. Guess what? So have tons of women in my unit. Bigger does not mean stronger. I know a lot of women who will take you down before you can say, WTF?, just by using combatives 101. The African mentality is yet to evolve and understand this fact. This is why you all are always amazed when you see women who are plumbers, mechanics, barbers, pilots, soldiers etc. Where i'm from, it is a normal thing. Move to an organized society and you will completely understand what i am talking about

4 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Gariga: 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
Some husbands are companions, confidants lovers and friends, while some are despots,autocratic,egocentric and MASTERS. There is one Master to whom the husband and wife pledge allegiance to.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:
It's not him, virgin girl grin

This here is his friend!

Don't quote back, Americana. Bye
oh undecided that other 1.... lezbian or whatever
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by OLLYMAX(m): 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

Why not explain! The husband is a master to whom? Christianity is so anti-women
lol at christianity is so anti-women.pls do your research or findings and show me a religious that does not refers to a man as a head/master?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by vivalavida(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:
How about I give my husband a remote control?

It will make his job and yours even easier sef

According to Pastor Chris
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Seun(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
justli:
Society worked well when women knew their place.
Yes, it worked very well. For men. Not just men, though. It also worked very well for boys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Bluffly: 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

Comprehension is your main problem. If you did not have a problem with what i wrote, then why respond in the first place. And to enlighten your small mind, common sense should tell any rational human being that if you have a master it automatically means you have a subject or slave. How do you people think for God's sake. I know the educational system in Nigeria is bad, but it can't be that bad na.

So the cleaner in your office is a slave, your driver is a slave, you are a slave to your boss in your office. You know you are dumb. Anyways, you have the right to choose your implied meanings. My advice to you is to seek God's inspiration other than a man's definition.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by elisbabs499(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
frank317:
says a man who cannot handle his wife. This man has no right to teach anything on marriage issues
is teaching by right or by knowledge? is it not d wife dat is nt ready to submit herself do d husband thinking they have equal right hence she filed divorce suit.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Pavore9: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
revolt:
your mum became that powerful cos she submitted to her husband n he learnt to let her hve her way out of love. Now that love came from submission. If there was ever a supremacy battle,(which will surely arise in the beginning)she most likely backed down. This principle is wht feminists don't get. When she submits, 98% of men leave her in control of nearly eeryfin

There are things one do not make noise about and everyone has a role to play. The formation an individual has been exposed to influences how they work their relationships and no marriage is a straight line as there have been marriages where the wives have been very submissive to their husbands but never got the love in return rather their husbands exploited that to being insensitive to their spouse feelings.

What will be the perception of a girl child growing up in such family setting?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

You Can’t Make Heaven If You Take Vitamin C And Eat Titus Fish – Preacher ) / Mike Bamiloye Condemns Christian Ladies Who Look Different On Their Wedding Day / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.