Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship (1461 Views)

She Friend-zoned Me For Over 5yrs But Now Wnts A Committed Relationship / Why Cross-Gender Friendships Don't Work / Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2009
I went out with couple of my friends recently, and one of my gal friends starts talking to this boy and they hit it off very well.

Now, they probably don't know this but they are both in committed relationships but either of them did not talk about relationships, they just talked about work, and other things, I sensed that it was a good convo. By the end sha, the boy ends up giving my friend his number and business card, My friend is only looking for friendship because she has a man. They both added each other on facebook to keep in touch and she has called the guy and sent him a message on facebook but the guy NEVER returned her call nor did he respond to her FB messages,

Now my friend is thinking, the guy probably thinks that SHE wants him but she only contacted him because she thinks that they would be good friends and nothing more,

1. Why do you SOME Nigerian men think that a girl that chats them up wants to be in relationship with them ?

2. Can a man begin a new friendship with a woman even though he is in a committed relationship ? or Men who are in relationships shouldn't establish new friendships with women ?

My friend is confused by this behavior ? She wants to send this man a message that she has a MAN but I told her to just forget it and move on.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2009
posakosa:

I went out with couple of my friends recently, and one of my gal friends starts talking to this boy and they hit it off very well.

Now, they probably don't know this but they are both in committed relationships but either of them did not talk about relationships, they just talked about work, and other things, I sensed that it was a good convo. By the end sha, the boy ends up giving my friend his number and business card, My friend is only looking for friendship because she has a man. They both added each other on facebook to keep in touch and she has called the guy and sent him a message on facebook but the guy NEVER returned her call nor did he respond to her FB messages,

Now my friend is thinking, the guy probably thinks that SHE wants him but she only contacted him because she thinks that they would be good friends and nothing more,

1. Why do you SOME Nigerian men think that a girl that chats them up wants to be in relationship with them ?

2. Can a man begin a new friendship with a woman even though he is in a committed relationship ? or Men who are in relationships shouldn't establish new friendships with women ?

My friend is confused by this behavior ? She wants to send this man a message that she has a MAN but I told her to just forget it and move on.

I guess its the big ego. Even if you stare at some for more than 1millisecond they think you want them grin
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I guess its the big ego. Even if you stare at some for more than 1millisecond they think you want them grin

I guess but it just doesn't make any logical sense. She NEVER asked for his number. He gave it voluntarily. I guess its because they just enjoyed the conversation, she's soo confused, I tell her she just needs to forget it. She has a man and he should be her priority.

1 Like

Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2009
I guess the guy enjoyed the conversation but the girl never said she had a bf so thats probably the problem.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I guess the guy enjoyed the conversation but the girl never said she had a bf so thats probably the problem.

Then, he should have NEVER given out his number. She didn't/never asked for it. Or what do you think ?
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2009
Then he should have just enjoyed the convo and left it at that. Him giving out his cell number/office address/phone number is like saying explicitly lets keep in touch,
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by platinumnk(f): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
are they peeps on Nairaland?? seems like ure sending a message. . .

point is drop it and move on, he isnt worthy to be called friend.  cool
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by omega25red(m): 11:11pm On Oct 07, 2009
did it ever occur to your friend that the guy only gave her his number as a networking contact? maybe they have a lot in common as far as work is concerned and he figures if she would contact him it would be about work and not trying to cultivate a friendship. Or maybe the guy's girl found your friends number with the guy and he got in trouble with his gilr so he has blocked your friend out to maintain a happy home.

your friend is making too much out of nothing seems like she liked the guy and she is now upset that she was blow off
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:11pm On Oct 07, 2009
platinumnk:

are they peeps on Nairaland?? seems like ure sending a message. . .

point is drop it and move on, he isnt worthy to be called friend.  cool

No doubt. Same thing I told her.  Now does she take him off her fb, since he added her ?
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by TOPE20001(f): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2009
why give a girl your number and not return her calls or msg . . . . i mean wtf undecided
u guys do have egos . . . . shior tongue
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:15pm On Oct 07, 2009
omega25red:

did it ever occur to your friend that the guy only gave her his number as a networking contact? maybe they have a lot in common as far as work is concerned and he figures if she would contact him it would be about work and not trying to cultivate a friendship. Or maybe the guy's girl found your friends number with the guy and he got in trouble with his gilr so he has blocked your friend out to maintain a happy home.

your friend is making too much out of nothing seems like she liked the guy and she is now upset that she was blow off

Valid point! and makes sense.

whats the point of giving out your number as a networking contact if you won't talk to the person ?

and whats the point of networking if you can't build friendships? I mean there are different types/levels of friendships. Anyways, I rest.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2009
TOPE2000!:

why give a girl your number and not return her calls or msg . . . . i mean wtf undecided

Abi ooh!

Its not like the girl asked for his number, He gave it willingly and voluntarily.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by omega25red(m): 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
posakosa:

Valid point! and makes sense.

whats the point of giving out your number as a networking contact if you won't talk to the person ?

and whats the point of networking if you can't build friendships? I mean there are different types/levels of friendships. Anyways, I rest.

well true talk why give out your number if you wont pick up the phone but home girl is pushing to be friends with this guy HARD. i wonder what her man thinks about her calling some dude she met at some place talking about she wants to forge a friendship.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by TOPE20001(f): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2009
posakosa:

Abi ooh!

Its not like the girl asked for his number,  He gave it willingly and voluntarily.

Yeye boy, he prolly playing hard to get cheesy
he must think the girl is really digging him undecided
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by omega25red(m): 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2009
TOPE2000!:

if i met you some where and you told me you were involved, even if we struck up a good convo and we exchanged numbers i would still respect the fact that you have a man and also who knows if your man found my number and is calling to start wahala??
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2009
omega25red:

if i met you some where and you told me you were involved, even if we struck up a good convo and we exchanged numbers i would still respect the fact that you have a man and also who knows if your man found my number and is calling to start wahala??

Do people still think like this ? To me sha, its not a big deal. What if its a job that requires that one builds up a contact/clients database, anyways, If your heart is clean, one shouldn't feel guilty about building/establishing new friendships. My opinion.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Yeye boy, he prolly playing hard to get cheesy
he must think the girl is really digging him undecided

yea, lol. I told her that if she really feels uncomfortable she can take him off her fb page,
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by TOPE20001(f): 11:27pm On Oct 07, 2009
omega25red:

the poster said they didnt know anything abt each other's relationship, didnt u read the post first? undecided
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
omega25red:

well true talk why give out your number if you wont pick up the phone but home girl is pushing to be friends with this guy HARD. i wonder what her man thinks about her calling some dude she met at some place talking about she wants to forge a friendship.

No, not really. She's one of those girls who is weak and shy when it comes to like dating/relationships and but when it comes to building a contact base she connects/contacts people aggressively; she's an investment banker.

I know that if she liked him, she would be more timid, yea, i think she just have to forget it. Its just sad that something soo simple such as friendship can have greater/unnecessary meaning.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2009
TOPE2000!:

the poster said they didnt know anything abt each other's relationship, didnt u read the post first? undecided

Yea they don't. It was a very innocent/work-related convo. Thats why she's shocked at the "ignoring."

He willingly and voluntarily gave up his cell, work phone/address, now if she showed up at his work/or called him at work, NOW THATS CRAZY, LOL.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by noetic15(m): 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
posakosa:

Yea they don't. It was a very innocent/work-related convo. Thats why she's shocked at the "ignoring."

He willingly and voluntarily gave up his cell, work phone/address, now if she showed up at his work/or called him at work, NOW THATS CRAZY, LOL.

The dude is busy, . .he will get in touch in due course.
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by omega25red(m): 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
TOPE2000!:

i actually read it i was giving a hypothetical scenario guess you didn't get that undecided
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

The dude is busy, . .he will get in touch in due course.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

How are you ? long time!
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by noetic15(m): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2009
posakosa:

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

How are you ? long time!

I am cool. . . .whats up with u? how is the states doing to u? kiss wink wink wink
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by TOPE20001(f): 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2009
omega25red:

i actually read it i was giving a hypothetical scenario guess you didn't get that undecided

ur hypothetical scenario has got nothing to do with the post right now cuz ur scenario is the complete opposite of wat the thread is abt cheesy
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:43pm On Oct 07, 2009
Im fine. doing well. so far soo good. Parents are coming over to check on me, undecided undecided undecided hahahahaha!

hope u don't get banned again ?!
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:43pm On Oct 07, 2009
@Omega, I see u're in the Bronx, where there are you ?
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by noetic15(m): 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2009
TOPE2000!:

your hypothetical scenario has got nothing to do with the post right now cuz your scenario is the complete opposite of wat the thread is abt cheesy

do u normally think upside down?
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by TOPE20001(f): 11:47pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

do u normally think upside down?

yes. . .got a prob? grin cheesy grin
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2009
abeg ooh, make una no fight ! kiss kiss
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by omega25red(m): 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2009
174th you close by

@ tope stop being a hard ass and get over it
Re: New Friendships While In A Committed Relationship by posakosa(m): 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2009
yup. I am. Is that like the hood ? tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? / Re: Why Is It Hard To Forget Your First Love? / Can You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.