Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm (48722 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Wife Doesn't Work And Wants Her Name On My Home / When A Woman Doesn't Mind Sharing Her Husband With Other Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by aghaibiam(f): 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
Please take your wife to a neurologist or a psychotherapist. Your wife might be suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder ( ocd).it is treatable. Good luck!
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Odunharry(m): 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
crackhaus:
Everything is good bro, thank God. Are you with Zenith now?
Yes bro.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by loshybab(m): 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
yetseyi:
Sorry OP, from what your posts she's not Lazy, it's a family habit which can be quite difficult to change simply because she doesn't really see whats wrong with eating past 9pm. I would have thought 6 years is enough to adjust sha.

I stayed with a family like that too, these people can eat by 11pm, me that latest 7.30pm I have eaten most times except I come late.This family can sleep by 1am, when me I am alreadt sleeping for hours. The first time I tried eating at their time it seemed the food didn't digest. Different families have different way they do things I have also seen someone that said if she eats the time I eat she will be hungry overnight lool.

Make her see the disadvantages of eating late, especially for the children if they eat past 9 when will they sleep? Let her know you appreciate her and all she does for the family BUT you don't like the timing. You can start with saying you would like dinner to be ready by 6.0pm and see how it goes hopefully she will settle around.7-7.15 permanently.

By the way does she cook soup every blessed day? Or is it every day you guys eat soup based meal?
Rice can be ready in 30 mins. Soup should be able to last 3 days even without freezer. She can cook soups that will last a week and freeze naaw. Once its 6pm she just warms and prepare the swallow to accompany.
Maybe it's my family u talkin abt....lol, coz most atimes,we eat late nd I personally like it.

The times I've ate early was wen I ws in boardin house nd jst lyk u said,I often feel hungry at night.
Maybe coz I hardly sleep late coz sleepin bfor 11pm or latest bfor 10:30pm to me is like torture or mayb if I'm feelin feverish coz I mst read posts on Nairaland jst lyk ds 1 nd also browse...lol
Even wt all dis,I dnt hv a pot belle no matter I loaded I am.

So,sometimes when d table gt set bfor 8pm,I evn delay till later xcept wen 'super-hunger' plan coup for my belle
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by bigerboy200: 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Cutehector:
why do I need to do light work out wen my belly is flat already? undecided
To maintain it...
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by bigerboy200: 10:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
loshybab:

Maybe it's my family u talkin abt....lol, coz most atimes,we eat late nd I personally like it.

The times I've ate early was wen I ws in boardin house nd jst lyk u said,I often feel hungry at night.
Maybe coz I hardly sleep late coz sleepin bfor 11pm or latest bfor 10:30pm to me is like torture or mayb if I'm feelin feverish coz I mst read posts on Nairaland jst lyk ds 1 nd also browse...lol
Even wt all dis,I dnt hv a pot belle no matter I loaded I am.

So,sometimes when d table gt set bfor 8pm,I evn delay till later xcept wen 'super-hunger' plan coup for my belle
Same as me..just eating dinner nw..and itz 12 here already...dinner by 7pm? na hunger go fire me wake up..
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Schwartz: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2016
The man and his wife had long sorted themselves out. He posted that that they had a romantic dinner and guys are still here offering advices grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by lilachiever(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
that's *work to rule* in progress...
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by paey30c(f): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
Get a house help maybe DAT would be better
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by loshybab(m): 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
bigerboy200:

Same as me..just eating dinner nw..and itz 12 here already...dinner by 7pm? na hunger go fire me wake up..
Naso
#nightCrawlers going #yagirgrin
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by donatus101(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2016
[quote author=crackhaus post=49334989]I really can't wait to see how our beloved resident defenders of women spin this one around...assuming your story is true of course. cool

If it were up to me though, I would say divorce her dammiit.
What insolence! undecided

[/quot

na so them dey divorce? it's a common occurrence in marriage. meanwhile consider their children before giving useless advice.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by crackhaus: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
donatus101:

na so them dey divorce? it's a common occurrence in marriage. meanwhile consider their children before giving useless advice.
If I slap your teeth ehn.. angry
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by crackhaus: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
Odunharry:

Yes bro.
Congrats man.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by ziga: 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
fortunejum:
I thank God for my wife. I don't need to instruct her twice.

I hope you return the favor and she never "instructs" you twice as well.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by emma2002(m): 5:18am On Sep 22, 2016
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by emma2002(m): 5:20am On Sep 22, 2016
yorhmienerd:
The last time I visited a relatives place, it was the day Barca vs Bayern played last, I came back around 11pm expecting to meet food setup and the kids sleeping but was suprised to see the kids watching telemundo while the father is suggestin they cook BEANS, that day I slept around 1am

Oh my days!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Pinkiwinki(m): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Rocktation:
OMG, I can't bear staying in the kitchen for too long or I'd develop a fever. The heat annoys me. And Nigerian foods especially the soups, ogbono and co, take tooo effing long. Yuck. The sweat and stench are motivation enough to go matrix on the foods' arses. Hubby is always wowed at my efficiency to deliver.

Sorry man, I guess you just have to keep giving her that ultimatum. Mayhaps, it'll sink in someday.
hmmmm Rocktation are you married?
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by 3sexy: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2016
Huston1:

She doesnt cook food everyday. When she knows she isngoing to make a meal that wont take much of her time, then she will not start early at all. Even when i remind her that it is getting late, she will tell me something like "Is it not just to make eba" but when she eventually gets into the kitchen she starts doing other things. Maybe that is when she will realise the kids will not eat eba and start frying plantain for them, or she will tell me she checked the soup and found there is no "Kpomo" or fish again because I dont like beef. Then she will start making jollof rice or something. She actually does a lot of things to make me happy. The timing is what I am not comfortable with. I have told her many a time she doesnt have respect for time. Anytime we have to get ready together and go out, I will tell her to start getting ready 2hrs before the time. She doesnt even make up. But we will still get to the place late. I go angry to church every sunday because even if she wakes up by 6am for a service of 9:30am, we still get to church late. I dont know what to do anymore. Whenever i talk to her, she makes adjustment for only few days and she is back to her old self. In the area of food, I feel I will make her feel bad if I start eating out but I dont know how to remedy this I am in. I will not forget to mention that she is a very nice wife and mother and very respectful. [/b]My family and friends like her. But this shortcoming of not respecting time is what I dont like. And you should all know that a woman who doesnt have respect for time is very untidy. And of course she is. I actually knew all these before I married her but I thought I can work on her and change these about her. Is this a cross I have to bear for the rest of my life because she doesnt compliment me the area of tideness and being timely. She scores Zero in being clean and timely. I employed someone who comes to clean my house everyday and wash too. I will not fail to mention that I still love her and [b]she loves me with her life. She is very LOYAL, Caring, pretty, kindhearted and receptive. Family and friends enjoy her company. If she is not around, they misses her. I wish she can make little adjustment in these two areas of respecting time and being clean. There is nothing to write home about her in these two areas. I am always angry.

From the bolded , it seems u have a wonderful wife , why do u expect her to be perfect. The good part of her is just awesome , some men have worse wives , yet they will still post senseless advise for u.

I think u should join her in the kitchen , u can create ur own family values , she is doing exactly what she was taught in her own family , why not assist her into the kitchen , while she is frying plantain or making EBA u can wash plates , microwave the soup, stir the food , this is what my hubby does ,

Hubby and I always discuss in the kitchen while I'm making meals , he assist in a little way ,it makes the work faster , and with time I got to learn a few kitchen tricks from him. Ur wife can be taught in a more practical and loving way!

For those insulting your wife , they should know that being a wife isn't as easy as they think !and being a full time house wife doesn't make it easier either

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Can I Get My Baby Back? Pls Help Me Guys / My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. / After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.