Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza (31958 Views)

Uche Secondus Visits Goodluck Jonathan With PDP NWC (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Jonathan With Abu Ali In Baga, Borno / Jonathan With The Son Of Martin Luther King Jr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Islie: 5:29am On Sep 25, 2016
•Writes Bayelsa Head of Service on Patience’s pay status as Perm Sec

•Anti-graft agency recovers N1b in South-South, secures 24 convictions

THE PROPERTIES

PORT HARCOURT
•Former Customs Service officers mess
•Two duplexes at 2/3 Bauchi Street
•Landed property at Ambowei Street
•Three luxury apartments of 4-bedroom each at Ambowei Street
•Grand View Hotel on Airport Road

YENAGOA
•Two marble duplexes at Otioko GRA by Isaac Boro Expressway
•Glass House on Adaka Boro Expressway
•Akemfa Etie Plaza by AP Filling Station, Melford Okilo Road
•Aridolf Resort, Wellness and Spa on Isaac Boro Abacha Expressway

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) investigators probing ex-First Lady Patience Jonathan’s link with five choice buildings, including a N5billion hotel in Abuja, have unearthed seven additional properties believed to be owned by her.
The detectives were in Port Harcourt (Rivers State) and Yenagoa (Bayelsa State) all week trying to establish whether four properties in the two cities truly belong to Mrs. Jonathan.

The Nation can now confirm that the assignment led the investigators to suspect that seven more properties including the former Customs Service officers mess in Port Harcourt and a plot of land under construction were acquired by her.

Others in the Rivers State capital are: two duplexes at 2/3 Bauchi Street; landed property with blocks at Ambowei Street; three Luxury apartments of 4-bedroom each at Ambowei Street; and Grand View Hotel on Airport road.

Those in Yenagoa are: two marble duplexes at Otioko GRA by Isaac Boro Expressway; Glass House on Sani Abacha Expressway which serves as office of the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board; Akemfa Etie Plaza by AP filling Station, Melford Okilo Road; and Aridolf Resort, Wellness and Spa along Sani Abacha Expressway.

The anti-graft agency, which says it has so far recovered N1b and secured 24 convictions in the South South, may invoke Section 7 of the EFCC Establishment Act 2004 on the affected properties after due verification, sources said yesterday.
Already, the EFCC has written to the Head of the Civil Service in Bayelsa State demanding the pay status and allowances of Mrs. Jonathan during her tenure as a Permanent Secretary.

It also sought explanation on whether or not she was paid in dollars, besides travelling estacodes, while in office.

The investigators are already back in Abuja to continue their assignment.

A highly placed source said: “The ex-First Lady is allegedly linked with the acquisition of the former Customs Service Officers mess in Port-Harcourt.
“We also identified three luxury apartments of four-bedroom each believed to be owned by Mrs. Jonathan. The apartments are tastefully furnished with the state of the art accessories.

“After verification of these assets and completion of our investigation, we may seek the order of the court to place the affected assets under Interim Forfeiture.
“Permission will be sought to ask the ex-First Lady to explain some of the sources of her wealth in line with Section 7 of the EFCC Establishment Act.
“As a First Lady, there was no appropriation for her office and she was not on salary.”

The Nation also gathered that the EFCC last Friday submitted a letter to the Head of the Bayelsa State Civil Service demanding the pay status and allowances of Mrs. Jonathan as a Permanent Secretary.

A top source said: “The letter was submitted and duly acknowledged. We already have the acknowledgement copy with us for record purpose.

“We asked for Mrs. Jonathan’s salary and remuneration status as a Permanent Secretary while in office. We demanded to know if she was paid in dollars or in any other currency.
“We wrote the letter in line with Section 7 of the EFCC Act because we suspected that she has been living above her means.”

Section 7 of the EFCC Act says: “The commission has power to (a) cause any investigations to be conducted as to whether any person, corporate body or organization has committed any offence under this Act or other law relating to economic and financial crimes.

“(b) Cause investigations to be conducted into the properties of any person if it appears to the commission that the person’s lifestyle and extent of the properties are not justified by his source of income.”

This is the second leg of the ongoing probe of Mrs. Jonathan after about $19.8million had been frozen in five accounts allegedly traced to her.

Although she initially confirmed the ownership of the accounts, there was a twist on Friday when her counsel, Mr. Charles Ogboli, said she knew about three accounts including one belonging to Mrs. Jonathan and two others owned by her late mum, Madam Charity Fyneface Oba.
A report of the EFCC investigative team had implicated the former First Lady.

The report of the investigative team said in part: “Based on the investigation so far carried out, it has revealed that the four fraudulent VISA Platinum USD Card accounts used by Mrs. Patience Goodluck Jonathan has a cumulative balance of $14,029.881.79 which has been swept Post No Debit Card category.
“Again, her personal account, different from the four fraudulent VISA Platinum USD Card accounts, bears the balance of $5,841,426.17.

“Considering the above stated findings, we can safely conclude that a prima facie case of conspiracy to retain proceeds of unlawful activities, retention of the proceeds of unlawful activities, money laundering contrary to Section 15(3) and 18(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) (Amendment) Act, 2012 and forgery contrary to Section 1(2) (c) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act, Cap M17, Laws of the Federation, 2004 have been established against the aforementioned suspects.”

The EFCC claimed that all the funds traced to Patience Jonathan’s accounts were proceeds of gratification.
The report said: “The intelligence revealed that Dr. Dudafa Waripamo-Owei Emmanuel fraudulently received various sums of money, being proceeds of gratification and retained same on behalf of the then first Family and for himself.”

Meanwhile, the Zonal Head of the EFCC in the South-South, Mr. Ishaq Saliu has said that the zone has so far secured 24 convictions and recovered N1billion.

Saliu made the disclosures in Port Harcourt when some Niger Delta youths protested to his office on Friday against the ongoing investigation of the former First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan.
He dismissed allegations that the EFCC was selective in its investigation and prosecution.
He said the EFCC will always be on the side of the law in its operations.

He said: “There is nothing selective in the cases of EFCC. We are professionals to the core. Once an allegation is made, before somebody is even invited – the invitation is the last leg of our cases.

“Bank documents and things we need to inquire would have been gotten. Port Harcourt Zonal office alone, this year has 24 convictions and recovered over N1billion.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/efcc-links-ex-first-lady-nine-houses-two-hotels-one-plaza/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by madridguy(m): 5:31am On Sep 25, 2016
Ok
Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by HungerBAD: 5:31am On Sep 25, 2016
Lock this woman up.

If I will stop supporting Buhari. Patience Ebele Jonathan will be the reason why.

If this woman is not prosecuted,then money recovered and then she is sent to jail for a very long time,then there is something wrong in Nigeria.

Patience Ebele Jonathan puts the "C" in Corruption. If this woman is not sent to jail,then I am not taking the no corruption cry of this Government serious.

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by sarrki(m): 5:36am On Sep 25, 2016
Anyone that still support this woman should be cross

Examined properly

A criminal must always support a criminal

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by mummyson26(m): 5:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Omo see fowl yansh
No wonder she was fighting hard for her husband to remain in power

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by koladebrainiac(m): 5:41am On Sep 25, 2016
She brought all these ontop her head. Na jejely Efcc sidon with 15milion dollars wonder she has the guts n mind to come forward to claim the money who bears the name of her house help n driver -not her name ooo.

This now epp efcc to find out more about her n. People will still count witch hunting.
Did Efcc wake up to hunt her ni? I believe something still work in this country. You cant steal n still be telling us u are a thief.

Enough of people calling Tinubu or Amaechi name. They didnt come to claim public money they forget to steal well
The fact is PEJ is an unintelligent thief. She is still defending her retard actions. I dont expect anyone who is sane to come forward to defend this . The fact that Buhari n Efcc is taking second thought to arrest her is whats baffling me.

Sge shouldnt have come forward to claim that money in the first place. I could remember when people thought it was Stella Oduah that opened the account. They couldnt trace the money to Patience Jonathan. Now she unravelled the mysteries n you people are fighting for her. Are u saying they should return the money to her ni? Hian.

Pdp shud be ashamed they are even forming enemies ontop this matter.

I can understand the angle where our 5%ters are coming from. They dont care if this country is looted to last kobo. But me i still care . i still payy Tax so i should demand the best from each government.
I demand the best from Buhari cum next election if he doesnt change we go change him like Jonathan till we get it right.

Power to the people

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Deenite(m): 5:42am On Sep 25, 2016
In her voice dis lies dat efcc is sharing, Chaiiiii chaiiii chaiiii diaris God o, diaris God ooo, diaris God oooooo.

By the way abeg morning dn reach? Lol

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Aliyeous(m): 5:49am On Sep 25, 2016
K do sumtn abt it n lets move on
Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by braine(m): 5:53am On Sep 25, 2016
One thing I'm glad about this drama is that, everyone , including zombies and wailers agree that Patience Jonathan is a thief and a bloody liar. And she's rubbing it on our faces. angry

Obama, a world class lawyer, Senator and president of the world for almost 8 years is worth just $12.2 million in total assets as at August 2016.

And here is a lady who never even had a political office (except the scam of the Bayelsa permanent secretary thingy) having $15.1 million in her account alone, not even with other properties.

I honestly feel insulted as a Nigerian right now.

If she goes scot free like others, then my love for Buhari and what he stands for would be totally revised.

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by saintfellow(m): 6:04am On Sep 25, 2016
wait a minute.
Now i know that the efcc are political vampires.
So probing someone means investigating to seize all the properties and money she has.
It seems they forgot that this woman was the 1st lady of an oil Rich bayelsa state before then she moved upwards to the federal level.
So were they expecting her to be averagely rich like the ordinary Nigerian after her years in the ruling house?
Sometimes i wonder how this people think.
They go up to bring out all the properties she has even before she went into governance, all to look smart and a good investigator in the eyes of the public.
Let them probe the wives of obasanjor, tinubu and the wives of past presidents of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 25, 2016
Evil crooked woman angry angry

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:05am On Sep 25, 2016
Flat heads, over to u, come defend una daughter.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by amuokuko: 6:20am On Sep 25, 2016
If this is not selective justice, EFCC does not need to search for Tinubu's fraudulent properties because they re everywhere...

Soon they will also discover all her illegal wardrobe...

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by richidinho(m): 6:26am On Sep 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
So EFCC sabi work like this?

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 25, 2016
hey!

I've been trying to find out the owner of Igoni Grand View Hotel...
As massive as it is, IGVH was built in just two days... lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by HtwoOw: 6:45am On Sep 25, 2016
This is news with verifiable addresses and I already see someone confirming one of the hotels is massive

Like plague those eleriibu people will avoid this thread, but if you check the thread where Bode George insulted Tinubu, with all the claims there's no single verifiable address, that thread is 7 pages long, all because they want to score cheap political point

I've been through a thread where someone's hand was cut off in Anambra for stealing television , I see dem bad belle asking for thiefs second hand to be cut

But here we are Patience Jonathan, 9 verifiable properties, apart from. $$Millions that are yet to he discovered but she gets to be protected by MEND MASSOB, IPOB NDA

That's good on you people really!

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by HtwoOw: 6:49am On Sep 25, 2016
grin First lady's office? Is that a thing? If it is and constitution allows, it means she has allocation and salary, multiply that by number of years

If she has business calculate gross profit

Add all together, rove expenditure., her profit should not be billions of naira and 9 properties

Efcc has the best accountants grin
saintfellow:
wait a minute.
So probing someone means investigating to seize all the properties and money she has.
It seems they forgot that this woman was the 1st lady of an oil Rich bayelsa state before then she moved upwards to the federal level.
So were they expecting her to be averagely rich like the ordinary Nigerian after her years in the ruling house?
They go up to bring out all the properties she has even before she went into governance, all to look smart and a good investigator in the eyes of the public.
Let them probe the wives of obasanjor, tinubu and the wives of past presidents of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

43 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Day169: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2016
This lady 'Patiently' wacked our money under the mantra of 'Goodluck'!
I hope Nigerians will never be taken for such a ride again under any guise.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by vedaxcool(m): 6:57am On Sep 25, 2016
[s]
saintfellow:
wait a minute.
[/s]

shettap ... did other first ladies claim money in money laudering case?

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by amaechi1: 6:58am On Sep 25, 2016
amuokuko:
If this is not selective justice, EFCC does not need search for Tinubu's fraudulent properties because they re everywhere...

Please, I will come for you later, let me attend to more intelligent comment.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by jmichlins(m): 7:01am On Sep 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lock this woman up.

If I will stop supporting Buhari. Patience Ebele Jonathan will be the reason why.

If this woman is not prosecuted,then money recovered and then she is sent to jail for a very long time,then there is something wrong in Nigeria.

Patience Ebele Jonathan puts the "C" in Corruption. If this woman is not sent to jail,then I am not taking the no corruption cry of this Government serious.

get ready to stop supporting him cause just like many high profile cases, this will be swept under the carpet

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Abeymills(m): 7:02am On Sep 25, 2016
Tifnubu owns half of Lagos dambazau aba kayari burantashi oshomole aisha even buhari are all tifs

15 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by jmichlins(m): 7:05am On Sep 25, 2016
saintfellow:
wait a minute.
so you mean that as a first lady she should be as rich as the state. Why did they swear you will never be smart

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by DaudaAbu(m): 7:05am On Sep 25, 2016
Now rhis is getting interesting

Instead of her to forfeit $15mil

She's now going to forfeit much more

Wise by half

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by amaechi1: 7:06am On Sep 25, 2016
In as much as some supporters of this woman who has disgraced motherhood have been trying to change the narrative, I refused to fall for their cheap propaganda. In the first instance, she was the one that brought this same upon herself. EFFC all the since june try to keep away from the whole saga, maybe for the little respect left for her husband, but she decide act like the big masquerade- the ijele.
Let her enjoy it. Shameless woman.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by amaechi1: 7:08am On Sep 25, 2016
jmichlins:
get ready to stop supporting him cause just like many high profile cases, this will be swept under the carpet
With your comment you are already supporting that they should sweep them under the capart.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 25, 2016
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! If it is true that she owns all this properties, wallahi this Woman (Patience Jonathan) get investment sense more than some of our so called investors grin grin

Anyway, with time, we shall know the truth

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by modath(f): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
grin grin grin grin grin
So EFCC sabi work like this?

Quit playing, you aren't really smirking /smiling let alone burst out such huge belly laugh. cheesy

This is how you really feel: smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lock this woman up.

And tinubu is the R in righteous..... she was a first lady. Her connections are up to the neck. I dont support corruption but if a banker can buy a 2014 prado suv with an annual salary package of 3.5m, why cant she... do you think people depend on one pay slip alone these days? Talk more with the right contacts..

Give me any individual who is in a very small position of power in procurement that does not get kick backs.. talk more of contracts that run in millions of dollars?.. its corruption but its tagged PR...

When ordinary ceo wives own outsouced cleaners/security/contractors/contract staff/etc.. now talk more of when you have the fg and state govt as you client for years..

Corruption is in our bones... ordinary secretary would tell you "whats my cut inside?" For a job you have given the lowest bid to secure.. ..

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by malton: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2016
amuokuko:
If this is not selective justice, EFCC does not need search for Tinubu's fraudulent properties because they re everywhere...

Do not take this to mean that I am justifying it, but, inconsistencies characterize a lot of things in life. Differential rules apply everywhere. Should is not is.

I really do not know much about law, but in the everyday life, rules are defined subject to the circumstances of those to whom the rules are designed to apply. Buhari doesn't have to bite the hands that fed him (brought him to power) unless he absolutely has to. And for that to happen, Tinubu will have to brazenly lay claim to stolen funds like Patience is doing, for instance. What evidence have you that he built his empire with stolen funds? This, is in spite of the fact that there are discernible signs that point in the direction of "public funds". But for the search to begin, Tinubu first has to turn on the lights.

Patience Jonathan stirred up a hornets nest the instant she laid claim to the money. Blaming the government for selective justice as applicable here is like blaming flies for entering your mouth while you left it wide opened.

Bros abeg, chill, plenty thieves full naija, but e get reason why na Anini name we hear pass.

25 Likes

Re: EFCC Links Patience Jonathan With 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza by modath(f): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2016
This opinion and statement is really cliché I know but why amass so much when each person's abode is just a mere 6 footer box? shocked

Of what purpose, when the cash could have served better purposes... Donating for medical equipments, establishing some foundations to assist people with congenital illnesses, putting smiles back on the faces of people with cleft palettes, giving life back to people with coronary and renal issues.

Endowment funds for start ups, scholarships etc!!

I also can't relate with the thought process that makes limitless greed and unbridled arrogance easy... Mehn, I can't deal.. angry

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arewa Youths React To Aisha Claim That Two Powerful People Are Frustrating Buhar / 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima / Suspended Head Of Service, Oyo-Ita, Forfeits Assets To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.