Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? (12850 Views)

Things To Know Before Dating African Men / Memo To The Good Nigerian Men Who Are Tempted To Cheat / Reasons Ladies In Diaspora Should Marry African Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by wills(m): 11:49am On Feb 04, 2006
ocho:

really? how simple? undecided

It,s this simple......

Look amongest your male Friends shocked, its the most unlikely place to look, but there in lies your Good African man, and Why you may ask?, because these are the ones you know already , their , Good ugly and bad parts, and you still liked him all the same, If in your minds eye, you can build over the Platonic level,then you can see him as some one you can love much deeper, other than just plain friendship ( with the right Turbo power its possible for a rocket to fly from earth to Pluto)
So with the right heart its possible for you to find in your friend what you really wish for in a man.. i agree,its uncharted territory, but its the best way to go.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by Idekeson(m): 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2006
Good men in general are a premium. If you want one you must give yourself a realistic chance and hope for the best. However, if you are not up to it, you can always settle for the generic.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by babymine(f): 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2006
Probably married or hooked! cheesy
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by wills(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2006
babymine:

Probably married or hooked! cheesy

Nay!!!, all the Good fellas are not married or hooked.. Here is one 4 ya-all, in flesh and blood,
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by babymine(f): 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2006
Hmmmmm...I reserve my comment. smiley
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by wills(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2006
wink.... you will soon find out, and then testify..... grin
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by ObiOne(f): 12:22am On Mar 20, 2006
Oh yes girl!!!!!! I am Nigerian myself, and Have never ever dated a Nija man in my 28 years. I really want to but as you stated they seem to just want one thing. The sad part is I've always thought that Nija men were supposed to be alot more courteous to us because we're Nija but it seems to be the opposite they seem to be ruder to us than these akta women. I've grown up in the states, and if the guys are somewhat cultured and westernized you only find them with white women. i just don't get it. i feel your pain and girlfriend you are not alone. smiley
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by bebe6(f): 7:28am On Mar 20, 2006
I have one of the good Nigerian men winkThank God everyday for him
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by Rhea(f): 10:18am On Mar 20, 2006
why do i seem to be running into some African men who have been complete assholes. i am a Nigerian myself but it's so sad that i have never dated or had a serious relationship with a Nigerian because of their aggressiveness toward women. i always try to give the benefit of the doubt to the ones i meet but they can't seem to be gentlemen to me. they always want to rush to have sex without even getting to know me. i just don't know what is wrong. i don't want to be one of those Nigerian girls who doesn't give Nigerian men a chance. so far all my bad encounters with men have been with Nigerians or other African men. is there anyone else who has gone through what I've gone through and have you met any good ones out there. sorry to all men on this board, don't take this personal. I'm just saying what I've been through.

So sad to hear of your ordeal. Try out other men from other races/countries. That way, you can compare apples to apples and decide for yourself which is for real. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by babymine(f): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2006
Married. grin
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by handsomeG: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2006
Babe,every thing boileds down to altitude.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by Bright2(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2006
Well dont blame us my dear,we are practicing what we understood as relationship,dont equate relationship 2 marriage (4better or 4worst).If u are searching 4such men as u said,then go 4 de local ones not de flashy ones & they will worship u,or finally comeback 2 Naira land & make ur choice there are many good Nigerian men HERE.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by curiousNja(f): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2006
Huh, They don't exist. It's like trying to find Santa Claus and Unicorns.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by ocho(f): 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2006
hmmm, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by ajiboye(m): 12:39am On Mar 26, 2006
okay why is everybody quick to jump to the conclusion that there are no good nigerian guys out there anymore, well not to blw my own horn opr something but i beg to differ, i am proud to say that i am the exception. yeah a good man is hard to find but like somebody said earlier, it goes both ways, i have been looking for a nigerian girl like that too but my search keeps coming up empty, maybe we can be able to help eachother out, holla
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by Bright2(m): 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2006
Good Nigerian/African men? hahaha 50 in heaven 50 in Nairaland finish.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by ocho(f): 3:39am On Mar 27, 2006
so umm, are you in a way trying to say they don't exist? lipsrsealed
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by Bright2(m): 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2006
Ocho it's not like dat,we exist in nairaland am telling u where i know we exist.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by ocho(f): 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2006
In Niraland?ok ooo! lipsrsealed
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by curiousNja(f): 8:55am On Mar 29, 2006
Bebe, how long have you been with yoru Nigerian man? Ok, get back to me in 6 months about how great he is.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by gem87(f): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2006
i now 3, one is my biffie, the other 2 are his bruvas, i think they were born wiv a goodness trait in them lol
oh and u don't think a man is good unless he's really for you.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by bebe6(f): 11:50pm On Mar 29, 2006
Bebe, how long have you been with yoru Nigerian man? Ok, get back to me in 6 months about how great he is.

I've been with him going on 2 months now embarassed- -yeah it's still a young relationship, but it's all good. Why look at him sideways because of what I've heard about Nigerian men from females who have had bad experiences with them? Besides, he's not the only Nigerian man that I have dealt with so I know the +/- about them and other men I have dated. Just like they know the +/- about females. I refuse to discount him because of what I might have experienced with another man.

You have to put all of that "all men are dogs", "there are no good men out there", "men just want one thing", - - etc. mentality out of mind because the man God has for you could be right in front of your face, but because of your own insecurities and judgments the good man will slip away.

See, when you think on the positive that same attitude flows into the relationship--don't get me wrong every relationship has its ups/downs, but it's up to the intellectual individuals who are together to either make it or break it. smiley

Just know this- - - -I won't let this one get away because I'm overshadowed by my own anger, frustration (however you want to slice it) from being hurt in past relationships (no way!).

Oh yeah, in six months I'll be sure to let you know how much MORE wonderful he is! wink
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by curiousNja(f): 6:10am On Mar 30, 2006
Dont worry. You dont have to do anything. When it hits you in the face, you will find out. Nigerian men in Texas? i have been there. You might even be dating one of the ones I dated. Like I said, get back to me in 6months. 2 down, 4 more to go.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by Anjuli(f): 9:32am On Mar 30, 2006
Chigurl, you are not alone with your experience. Here in London, where I am living, people do not have nice stories about the Nigerian guys. I have a lot of Nigerian girl friends here and the stories they tell me are often so sad. They all turned away from their own men because of that. It is really heartbreaking what these guys are doing. I myself suffered badly from a Nigerian guy. I would never again fall for one. The white guys know much better how to treat a woman, how to make her feel appreciated and happy.
I never thought I would say something like this one day.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by madam: 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2006
Looks like the girls worst hit are those of u abroad, But really what do u expect from guys there. Most of them had nothing back home (a lot of them are drop-outs and only got polished abroad) they hustled* their way to get there and defintely wld hustle their way thru any woman that lets them,

Anyway back home are still some nice young men, At least i can say that cos i married one.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by bebe6(f): 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2006
When it hits you in the face

I have never been hit by a man nor will that ever happen! Please, I wish a man would put his hands on me angry If you got hit, I hope you beat him down and then reported him to the men in your family so that they could finish the job.

Like I said, get back to me in 6months. 2 down, 4 more to go.

Like I said, I'll be sure to tell you how much MORE wonderful he is! Don't try to insinuate that I will endure the same experience you did. I'm sorry that you came across such a-holes, but I advise you to brush yourself off and know that something better awaits you. Please don't allow yourself to get bogged down in bitterness.

madam:

Looks like the girls worst hit are those of u abroad, But really what do u expect from guys there. Most of them had nothing back home (a lot of them are drop-outs and only got polished abroad) they hustled* their way to get there and defintely would hustle their way through any woman that lets them,

Anyway back home are still some nice young men, At least i can say that because i married one.

Please! Anyone can be hustled if they allow themselves to be whether it is a Nigerian man abroad or one who still lives in Nigeria, an American man or one who has relocated abroad- -etc. the list could go on forever. If one is selective in one's choice of men, a whole lot of the drama discussed here would be less. *sighs*
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by bebe6(f): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2006
@ madam

Anyway back home are still some nice young men

- - - - - - -and there are still nice young men here as well

At least i can say that because i married one.

Great! This is exactly what you are suppose to feel about your mate; otherwise, what would be the point of being with them?

So, just like you have the upmost respect for your better half, I too have that same respect for my boyfriend because he has not led me to think any differently.

Call it what you want, but my current boyfriend is a God send smiley
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by curiousNja(f): 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2006
Bebe, I said when IT hits you in the face, meaning when REALITY hits you in the face. Nobody said anything about being hit in the face. Learn to read between the lines before commenting. The rest of your post I didn't read, so I dont have much to say about it.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by bebe6(f): 5:21am On Mar 31, 2006
curiousNja:

Bebe, I said when IT hits you in the face, meaning when REALITY hits you in the face. Nobody said anything about being hit in the face. Learn to read between the lines before commenting. The rest of your post I didn't read, so I don't have much to say about it.

Ok, I'm woman enough to admit I read your post wrong. It is said that negativity is infectious so I guess my eyesight was temporarily infected *rubs eyes*, *addresses this thread again*, *bypasses all your posts*- - ok, problem solved cheesy

Learn to read between the lines before commenting

Was this a moment that you were feeling very womanly and decided you would put me in check? Ineffective wink, post it up to the forum winds boo wink

The rest of your post I didn't read, so I don't have much to say about it.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste so please don't ever miss out on an opportunity to get educated.

Nigerian men in Texas? i have been there. You might even be dating one of the ones I dated.

Naw, I doubt this because you are not even on my level. Being the bitter-negative female that you are, the men I have dated would not even acknowledge your presence. smiley

Am I done here? *Re-reads my post* Yes, I believe I have covered everything.

Now, back to the topic at hand:

Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men?
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by madam: 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2006
@ b e b e

b_e_b_e:

@ madam

- - - - - - -and there are still nice young men here as well

Great! This is exactly what you are suppose to feel about your mate; otherwise, what would be the point of being with them?

So, just like you have the upmost respect for your better half, I too have that same respect for my boyfriend because he has not led me to think any differently.

Call it what you want, but my current boyfriend is a God send smiley

I am lost, did i miss something here

4 Gods sake i wasnt refering* to u or anyone in particular afterall u said u just started to date the guy why wld i want u guys to fall out, at least thats how ur response sounds to me, Pls i mean no harm at least i wasnt the one that said u shd give them 6mths.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by bebe6(f): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2006
I am lost, did i miss something here

4 Gods sake i wasnt refering* to u or anyone in particular afterall u said u just started to date the guy why would i want u guys to fall out, at least thats how your response sounds to me,

Thanks for the clarification and I appreciate the fact that you do wish me well.

Please i mean no harm at least i wasnt the one that said u should give them 6mths.

This is true; therefore, I extend my apologies since you meant no harm.
Re: Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men? by madam: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2006
@ b e b e

Na wa sha, U can really be touchy when u want to be

b_e_b_e:

Thanks for the clarification and I appreciate the fact that you do wish me well.

This is true; therefore, I extend my apologies since you meant no harm.

Accepted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Konji Go Hold You! What Will You Do If A Female Guest Wears This On Your Wedding / My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! / How Expensive Is Your Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.