Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,277 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon (7837 Views)

"After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady / My Pre-Wedding Pictures, I Am 21 Years, While She Is 19 / My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by dissybling(f): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
Tolulope95:

Yes.. he is quite comfortable from a well to do family background.. I think he is only trying to cage me with the proposal or something
are u listening to yourself don't boda wasting his time you aren't ready,but think twice u can even pray about it

1 Like

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Gofwane(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
Why did you go into dating since you know you are too young to marry?

4 Likes

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
IamNawty:
who will be ur bestlady grin wink kiss
if you never marry sha grin, you go be my best lady cheesy
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Trudiee(f): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
my dear, don't listen to all these people telling you to get married to that guy.

okay look at it this way, what guy would sincerely want to marry at 24? like, from the bottom of their hearts, parents are not forcing them, they want to settle down, have kids, responsibility..

shine your eyes! its not genuine. some guys can do that. dont get me wrong. but your boyfriend! I'm sorry to say, he is definitely trying to lock u down babe. why would he insist you sleep over the night you say no to his marriage proposal? babe you get liver. you're lucky he didn't stab you in your sleep. some dudes can't take it when their ego is bruised.. especially in front of their friends.

now coming to you. you're 21, working. you got a bright future ahead of you. do you wanna start having a family now? 21 is too young my dear. travel. go places. you l find guys better than ur boo. then when youre married, you ll start cheating and become miserable??

my point is, see the world first. then agree to be locked down.. cuz that's the reality of life.. lol.

be sure that's what you wanna do. and you're pretty, don't listen to certain ppl saying you look old

3 Likes

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Tolulope95(f): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Trudiee:
my dear, don't listen to all these people telling you to get married to that guy.

okay look at it this way, what guy would sincerely want to marry at 24? like, from the bottom of their hearts, parents are not forcing them, they want to settle down, have kids, responsibility..

shine your eyes! its not genuine. some guys can do that. dont get me wrong. but your boyfriend! I'm sorry to say, he is definitely trying to lock u down babe. why would he insist you sleep over the night you say no to his marriage proposal? babe you get liver. you're lucky he didn't stab you in your sleep. some dudes can't take it when their ego is bruised.. especially in front of their friends.

now coming to you. you're 21, working. you got a bright future ahead of you. do you wanna start having a family now? 21 is too young my dear. travel. go places. you l find guys better than ur boo. then when youre married, you ll start cheating and become miserable??

my point is, see the world first. then agree to be locked down.. cuz that's the reality of life.. lol.

be sure that's what you wanna do. and you're pretty, don't listen to certain ppl saying you look old

Well said, Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Synzu(m): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
Tolulope95:

I commend you on this; I just spoke to my mum about this.. she said it's one thing for my boyfriend to be hurt by me saying no. But he's handling it really destructively. It sounds like he's the immature one for not just accepting that "the timing isn't right" and "I'd like to discuss my future in a proper grown-up conversation before making a life-changing decision on the spot."

Perfect! Glad you got my drift wink

2 Likes

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by IamNawty(f): 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
Iamhatey:
if you never marry sha grin, you go be my best lady cheesy
c dis one.. Who is marrying first eh? Me dat am still in skul or u serving soon ? Eh ? undecided
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Synzu(m): 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
Trudiee:

Tolulope95, observe the bolded.

1 Like

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Trudiee(f): 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Tolulope95:

Well said, Thanks so much
anytime
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Synzu(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Gofwane:
Why did you go into dating since you know you are too young to marry?

Did it occur to you that perhaps she just wants to fucckk

1 Like

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
IamNawty:
c dis one.. Who is marrying first eh? Me dat am still in skul or u serving soon ? Eh ? undecided
ore forget ooo.

What if a cool guy that tooooo hot propose to you with gold and car next week, won't you say yes undecided
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by agrovick(m): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
21 and already working. Aswear I need to go and wash my head.
I think the Op did well by rejecting his proposal considering his knee-jerk reaction to the rejection. Come on this is somebody you are planning to spend the rest of your life with and you went all guns blazing with accusations.

Dear Op, it's your life and your concern is your happiness, if you feel getting married now & to him will compromise that happiness. Take a chill pill
RadicallyBlunt:
OP COMPARE THESE 2 LIVES BELOW

YOUR LIFE AT PRESENT;

You're just 21

You're a graduate at 21

You have a well paid job

You have a man who definitely has a well paid job too and ready for marriage

You probably would be a grand mother by 45 and b4 retirement ur last child is married

THE LIFE OF ABOUT 80% NAIJA GIRLS AT PRESENT

They're 30

They've graduated and still searching for job. Infact planning to learn tailoring after years of post nysc unemployment as certificate isn't yielding any good income

They have dated minimum of 5 guys who promised marriage and failed but knack their kpekus katakata..many rods have paddled d canoe

Some saw serious guys who are ready for marriage but snurbed them with yanga just like you're doing now.

The present guy they luckily found is either a garri marketer or doing casual labour at a factory at age 35. But will package like banker or unilever snr staff

Some are even educated than their guys but still try to manage him since there's no other guy and can't afford to lose him

Now op judge by urself, which of these 2 lives would you choose now and in the next world?

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Amarachi1(f): 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

YOUR LIFE AT PRESENT;

You're just 21

You're a graduate at 21

You have a well paid job

You probably would be a grand mother by 45 and b4 retirement ur last child is married

They're 30

They've graduated and still searching for job. Infact planning to learn tailoring after years of post nysc unemployment as certificate isn't yielding any good income

They have dated minimum of 5 guys who promised marriage and failed but knack their kpekus katakata..many rods have paddled d canoe

Some saw serious guys who are ready for marriage but snurbed them with yanga just like you're doing now.

The present guy they luckily found is either a garri marketer or doing casual labour at a factory at age 35. But will package like banker or unilever snr staff

Some are even educated than their guys but still try to manage him since there's no other guy and can't afford to lose him

Now op judge by urself, which of these 2 lives would you choose now and in the next world?
grin grin
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by falconey(m): 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
Trudiee:

explicitly what I told her, she should take her time and persuade the dude to understand she isn't ready cognitively.
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by jamalnation(m): 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
If u rilly luv him u should hav said yes timing shouldn't be the issues here. I think u are afraid

Tolulope95:
Hello Guys, There's this thing that has been bothering me i would love to share..

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a over a year, now this past Friday. On Friday we went on a night out with few friends... While gisting he got on one knee and asked me to marry him.

I was shocked; we hadn't discussed being engaged in the immediate future at all. When I didn't immediately scream "YES!" he deflated and asked me what was wrong, and in the most awkward conversation of my life, I had to tell him that [s]I feel like I'm too young to get engaged and it's too soon in our relationship, even though I love him very much[/s]. He was understandably very depressed and told me that he'd decided he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and that he thought proposing in the presence of friends would be really romantic. I told him the truth, that I felt nowhere near ready or old enough to consider marriage to anyone yet. He took the ring back and we went back to his house, where I stayed over for the night at his insistence. I tried to have a better conversation about what had happened, but he told me that he didn't feel like talking about it and that I should just go to sleep.

Around 7 the next morning he shook me awake and started screaming at me, asking me the real reason why I wouldn't marry him: Did I want to "LovePeddler around" with a bunch of guys? Was he too short? He even asked me if I ever loved him and if that was why I turned him down.. I was pretty offended by everything he was suggesting. He called me soulless for crushing him like that, said that me saying no meant that I didn't love him. He has not talked or called me since then.

I do too love him; maybe in a couple years I would have said yes without hesitation. I get that I crushed him and I feel guilty.

It is Wise Enough to get early at a Young And Tender Age!!

No insults Pls.. Im a Graduate And i have a well paying Job *Cheers*
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by HornyTiwa(f): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
Tolulope95:
Hello Guys, There's this thing that has been bothering me i would love to share..

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a over a year, now this past Friday. On Friday we went on a night out with few friends... While gisting he got on one knee and asked me to marry him.

I was shocked; we hadn't discussed being engaged in the immediate future at all. When I didn't immediately scream "YES!" he deflated and asked me what was wrong, and in the most awkward conversation of my life, I had to tell him that I feel like I'm too young to get engaged and it's too soon in our relationship, even though I love him very much. He was understandably very depressed and told me that he'd decided he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and that he thought proposing in the presence of friends would be really romantic. I told him the truth, that I felt nowhere near ready or old enough to consider marriage to anyone yet. He took the ring back and we went back to his house, where I stayed over for the night at his insistence. I tried to have a better conversation about what had happened, but he told me that he didn't feel like talking about it and that I should just go to sleep.

Around 7 the next morning he shook me awake and started screaming at me, asking me the real reason why I wouldn't marry him: Did I want to "LovePeddler around" with a bunch of guys? Was he too short? He even asked me if I ever loved him and if that was why I turned him down.. I was pretty offended by everything he was suggesting. He called me soulless for crushing him like that, said that me saying no meant that I didn't love him. He has not talked or called me since then.

I do too love him; maybe in a couple years I would have said yes without hesitation. I get that I crushed him and I feel guilty.

It is Wise Enough to get early at a Young And Tender Age!!

No insults Pls.. Im a Graduate And i have a well paying Job *Cheers*
Accepting his proposal does not mean you must marry him immediately,saying NO to him in the presence of his friends is the worst ego killing any man can cope with(I really pity him right now)
You've been dating him for a year and you don't think he will make a good husband,or you just consider yourself too young?
My school daughter married at 18,she is doing quite well 2 years after with a beautiful kid.

Well different strokes for different folks,but I don't really see the problem here.
Let him cool off and explain your point again,then assure him about your believe.

I just hope its not too late,he might end up proposing to your friend to spite you,yes some guys are crazy like that

2 Likes

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Trudiee(f): 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
falconey:

explicitly what I told her, she should take her time and persuade the dude to understand she isn't ready cognitively.

yea.. and he should try to understand too.
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Trudiee:

My dear, Life is really funny, and it doesn't come as you expect. Her parents should be the best to advise her on this issue and not us.

And about the issue of telling her she has liver, I think she knows her BF better than us, so don't stereotype her BF as other guys you know, You definitely don't know him.

And it is not in your place to tell whether it is genuine or not.

3 Likes

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by falconey(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Trudiee:

yea.. and he should try to understand too.
I believe he will
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by jamalnation(m): 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

YOUR LIFE AT PRESENT;

You're just 21

You're a graduate at 21

You have a well paid job

They're 30

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Gofwane(m): 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Synzu:

Did it occur to you that perhaps she just wants to fucckk
mhmmm...... You have a point. Afterall, konji is a respecter of no man,
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
i feel you. Marriage though good,can be stifling
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Trudiee:

I suppose you are extrovert, cos for an introvert like me, what do I want to see in the world? Travel places? I'd rather watch moviesgrin See the world in what context? I don't mind getting married at 21 as long as I am a successful woman that doesn't need to depend on my husband. I have always pictured myself getting married young, nurturing my kids and have a full blown time for my career afterwards wink My point is, the OP might not need to leave him, I don't think he wanna tie u down, he loves u enough for only himself, I have worked enough with guys, and I can say that only a crazy in love guy would do that. Just spend more time together and postpone getting married. There are wolves out there while u try to see the world o

3 Likes

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Emodeee: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
Why do i have a feeling that this tolulope95 is a pseudo account?

1 Like

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Trudiee(f): 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
HornyTiwa:

Accepting his proposal does not mean you must marry him immediately,saying NO to him in the presence of his friends is the worst ego killing any man can cope with(I really pity him right now)
You've been dating him for a year and you don't think he will make a good husband,or you just consider yourself too young?
My school daughter married at 18,she is doing quite well 2 years after with a beautiful kid.

Well different strokes for different folks,but I don't really see the problem here.
Let him cool off and explain your point again,then assure him about your believe.

I just hope its not too late,he might end up proposing to your friend to spite you,yes some guys are crazy like that

what's your point now. it worked for your school daughter at doesn't mean it will work for another person. she is doing quite well? don't be too sure of that. did she even complete school? before the teen marriage.

she z probably wishing she didn't get married when she did. she l smile when she sees you. that doesn't mean she's doing well. somebody that is entirely dependent on her husband.

maybe what you're referring to is the children. my dear, children are gifts from God and will come in God's time. stop fussing

2 Likes

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Synzu(m): 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Gofwane:
mhmmm...... You have a point. Afterall, konji is a respecter of no man,

cool

Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
Trudiee:

you've said all I wanted 2 ,I cosign this post!! grin
~~
expect on the level of his sincerity,i believe he's genuine.
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
[b]girls at ur age are married and even having child is ur decison dear think
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
am 15 years ladyf is 25 years oya ladyf come make i propose to u[/b][/b] grin grin i get 6 packs+ money
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Trudiee(f): 10:58pm On Sep 27, 2016
classicB:

I suppose you are extrovert, cos for an introvert like me, what do I want to see in the world? Travel places? I'd rather watch moviesgrin See the world in what context? I don't mind getting married at 21 as long as I am a successful woman that doesn't need to depend on my husband. I have always pictured myself getting married young, nurturing my kids and have a full blown time for my career afterwards wink My point is, the OP might not need to leave him, I don't think he wanna tie u down, he loves u enough for only himself, I have worked enough with guys, and I can say that only a crazy in love guy would do that. Just spend more time together and postpone getting married. There are wolves out there while u try to see the world o

lol lady, you're funny.

but no, I'm actually a big introvert. the context i mean about seeing the world is meeting a wide range of people. then she l have better choices.

you can't sit at home watching tv n reading novels then decide to get married cuz u have a job. like.. your thinkin is kinda 'myopic' in a sense.. guarded.. safe.. kinda secluded.

content with the piece of bread you're handed kinda. yea.

but you see.. a lot of women that married early tend to wish they didnt. i know a lot.. trust me and they don't like it.
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Trudiee(f): 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
~~

thank u dear
Re: I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
~~
That she agree to accept his proposal at 21 doesn't mean she will marry at 21. Some guys are sincerely crazy about getting married early without no pun intended. Where are the better guys? In the club? Banks? I guess oil companies too. I have a friend that is going places and enjoying life too but it makes no much sense to me. In the real sense it doesn't work. These guys they are enjoying life with are nothing other than hearbreakers. You might still be young, but you can nature your relationship till you're sure it's the time. There's no fun in "enjoying the world" if I get your context right, guys would use and dump u. Who says u can't travel to places as a married woman? Why am I carrying ur matter for head angry seems to me that the guy is sincere and I don't want a sis to be lost among the demons kiss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Weird Sea Creatures (Jelly Fish That Looks Like A Woman's Vagina) [Pictures] / I Asked For A Laptop As A New Year Gift But His Response, Shocked Me. / Good Things Your Exes Taught You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.