Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) (43751 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2009
Religion, western and local are usually bastions of people's faith and a cumulative expression of their long acquired experiences supper-imposed on a futuristic ideal. We need religion to serve as repository of things that astonish and wonder us.

As educational pace has increased, so has our understanding of our environments. As our understanding of our environments has increased, so also should our reliance on religion for the explanation of physical theories decrease. Civilized societies have since understood this principle of adaptive religious practices, but Africans have continued to lag behind. They have tended to trivalize proven physical principles, placing belief over knowledge.

This was done initially done out of ignorance, but modern day practices have been cloaked in superstition, fraud, and sheer ignorance. There is no question that most of these fraudulent pseudo-religious practices or juju will be cleared with time, because it's not based on a truthful philosophical foundation.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by yeancah007(f): 12:07am On Oct 23, 2009
nuzo:

How many of them actually surf the net for constructive info if not for scamming people (419)? I have to tell you that most nairalanders are scam artist who uses nairaland to cool off whenever thy are not "working".
You're either really,really stupid . . . or one of the scammers .
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by becomrich15: 12:14am On Oct 23, 2009
Juju is like a magic show , you watch on television. Magic by the great Harry Houdini. You can use science to explain it. magic has no science thoery or law backing it.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2009
While we are still at it, I heard on radio that a witch was contracted to inflict injury on Christian Ronaldo of Brazil. Came into the office and did a search and found this.

This is not Nigeria, this is not Africa. This happened in Europe where physics and science are well respected.

++++++++++++++
Cristiano Ronaldo Cursing His Luck After Witch's Spell - Report
The world's most expensive player has been tackled by something other than an opposing player,

Oct 22, 2009 12:13:51 PM
Photo Gallery Zoom
Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid (Peace Cup)
Related Links
Teams
Real Madrid
Players
Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo may put fans under his spell with his magic and trickery on the ball, but he is now the subject of a curse that a witch claims is going to ruin his career.

The Portuguese star has been ruled out for four weeks with an ankle injury, and though many felt it was down to a hefty tackle, there may be more to it than that.

Pepe the witch, a self-described occult practitioner based near Malaga and not the Real Madrid defender, has been talking regularly to the media about the spell that he was paid around €30,000 to cast on Ronaldo by a former lover of the Real Madrid star.

Describing the woman as a "jilted lover", "non-European" and "a very wealthy heiress form a well-known family", Pepe has told AS that he is the reason behind several of the player's recent problems.

A car crash earlier this year and a groin injury suffered after the end of last season were just forerunners for what the player is now experiencing.

One thing that is perplexing people in Spain and Portugal is that Pepe stated that he would injure the player before he suffered his ankle problem against Olympique de Marseille in the Champions League.

That issue was then aggravated during Portugal's World Cup qualifier against Malta, and now Ronaldo's mother is reported to have hired another witch to counteract the curse on her son.

Pepe has made headlines again by stating that he now aims to end Ronaldo's career, but that he has refused to do the same to Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

"He will spend more time injured than playing. There will be many small injuries or one that keeps him out for five months. The aim is to keep him from playing football," he was quoted by The Daily Mail as saying.
"It is voodoo. First I need a recent photo. Then I use a doll with nails piercing the ankles, spine and head.

"Other people have called me to do the same to Messi, but I refuse. One woman asked me to go against Beckham and (Brazilian) Ronaldo, (Esteban) Cambiasso, (Fabio) Cannavaro, "

If Ronaldo is superstitious then this could be a dent to his confidence as he looks to return from the injury, which will see him miss another three weeks of action.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by mazaje(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2009
Afam:

While we are still at it, I heard on radio that a witch was contracted to inflict injury on Christian Ronaldo of Brazil. Came into the office and did a search and found this.

This is not Nigeria, this is not Africa. This happened in Europe where physics and science are well respected.

I LOL after reading this post. . . .Are you now trying to say that the laws of physic were suspended because Ronaldo got injured?. . . . .A so called witch came out and made a claim that he casted a magic spell on him AFTER he got injured for reasons best known to the magician. . . . .No law of physics was suspended here because Ronaldo was injured DURING a foot ball match as a result of contact. . . . .Since the magiccian claims his aim was to make sure that he ends Ronaldo's career why not cast a spell and make his legs disappear? Why depend on natural events like injury through contact or a car accident to achieve his goals?

If Ronaldo comes recovers from his present injury and does not get injured again all through the season the same magician will come up with other funny thoeries or explanation as to why his predictions or magic failed. . . . These people are fraudulent. . . . .
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2009
mazaje:

I LOL after reading this post. . . .Are you now trying to say that the laws of physic were suspended because Ronaldo got injured?. . . . .A so called witch came out and made a claim that he casted a magic spell on him AFTER he got injured for reasons best known to the magician. . . . .No law of physics was suspended here because Ronaldo was injured DURING a foot ball match as a result of contact. . . . .Since the magiccian claims his aim was to make sure that he ends Ronaldo's career why not cast a spell and make his legs disappear? Why depend on natural events like injury through contact or a car accident to achieve his goals?

If Ronaldo comes recovers from his present injury and does not get injured again all through the season the same magician will come up with other funny thoeries or explanation as to why his predictions or magic failed. . . . These people are fraudulent. . . . . 

My friend, in order to minimize friction and misunderstanding I implore you to read posts as they as and stop reading meaning that may not exist in everything due to a mindset you may have developed.

I have an open mind and believe we learn everyday. This means that I don't know everything as there is always something somewhere to learn unlike some of you that have claimed to know all based on your limited understanding of what happens around you.

This reproduced article is not a proof that juju exist but to show our own people who easily label Nigerians, Africans and the Blacks as people who subscribe to such things forgetting that Europeans, Whites etc also do so.

Read and understand post before jumping to conclusion lest you end up fighting with people based on issues that don't even exist.

So, your questions about why the witch did not make the legs disappear should be channeled to the website, the witch or even Ronaldo's mother herself.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by mazaje(m): 10:25am On Oct 23, 2009
Afam:

This reproduced article is not a proof that juju exist but to show our own people who easily label Nigerians, Africans and the Blacks as people who subscribe to such things forgetting that Europeans, Whites etc also do so.

It seems you have are yet to understand what some of us are saying. . . .The fact that you believe something to be true does not make it true. . . . . A lot of Nigerians believe that human body can be turned into crispy note but that does not make that belief to be true. . . I live in Europe and I KNOW that those that belief in the myth of witches and wizards are considred to be a crazy fringe. . . . .
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 11:25am On Oct 23, 2009
mazaje:

It seems you have are yet to understand what some of us are saying. . . .The fact that you believe something to be true does not make it true. . . . . A lot of Nigerians believe that human body can be turned into crispy note but that does not make that belief to be true. . . I live in Europe and I KNOW that those that belief in the myth of witches and wizards are considred to be a crazy fringe. . . . .

Stay on one page and tackle any issue raised so that you don't end up confusing yourself.

If I see a house turn into a car in my presence I believe it happened unless it was in a trance, I was dreaming or I was drunk. The event remains true to me because I witnessed it.

Now, does it mean it is a fact that you must accept? No. The decision to accept it as a fact or not is your own right which I respect because you did not witness it.

So, to claim that what I saw is a lie is the height of stupidity in my opinion. It is the same stupidity that is at play if you witnessed something and someone far away tells you that what you claimed to have witnessed does not exist.

Sometimes, we are desperate to push our positions that we throw away all forms of common sense and mutual respect.

Sometimes, I am inclined to believe that one may be dealing with a bunch of teenagers here because the level of reasoning is low while the level of intolerance is high.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 11:29am On Oct 23, 2009
SEFAGO:

come was, oba ovonramen that short- i think that is the only interesting thing I am gleaning from thsi article.

If you take a closer look at the picture you'll notice that Oba Ovonramwen was seated.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 11:51am On Oct 23, 2009
Afam:

++++++++++++++
The world's most expensive player has been tackled by something other than an opposing player,

Photo Gallery Zoom
Related Links
Teams
Real Madrid
Players
Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo may put fans under his spell with his magic and trickery on the ball, but he is now the subject of a curse that a witch claims is going to ruin his career.

The Portuguese star has been ruled out for four weeks with an ankle injury, and though many felt it was down to a hefty tackle, there may be more to it than that.

Pepe the witch, a self-described occult practitioner based near Malaga and not the Real Madrid defender, has been talking regularly to the media about the spell that he was paid around €30,000 to cast on Ronaldo by a former lover of the Real Madrid star.

Describing the woman as a "jilted lover", "non-European" and "a very wealthy heiress form a well-known family", Pepe has told AS that he is the reason behind several of the player's recent problems.

A car crash earlier this year and a groin injury suffered after the end of last season were just forerunners for what the player is now experiencing.

One thing that is perplexing people in Spain and Portugal is that Pepe stated that he would injure the player before he suffered his ankle problem against Olympique de Marseille in the Champions League.

That issue was then aggravated during Portugal's World Cup qualifier against Malta, and now Ronaldo's mother is reported to have hired another witch to counteract the curse on her son.

Pepe has made headlines again by stating that he now aims to end Ronaldo's career, but that he has refused to do the same to Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

"He will spend more time injured than playing. There will be many small injuries or one that keeps him out for five months. The aim is to keep him from playing football," he was quoted by The Daily Mail as saying.
"It is voodoo. First I need a recent photo. Then I use a doll with nails piercing the ankles, spine and head.

"Other people have called me to do the same to Messi, but I refuse. One woman asked me to go against Beckham and (Brazilian) Ronaldo, (Esteban) Cambiasso, (Fabio) Cannavaro, "

If Ronaldo is superstitious then this could be a dent to his confidence as he looks to return from the injury, which will see him miss another three weeks of action.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay, this is what I'm talking about. That witch is a fraudster!

I do not have much interest in football and I do not follow it. Can any of those who follow football closely put this witch's claim (in bold) to the test?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2009
naijaking1:

Ol boy you don try for this juju education-o.
I commend your patience and hard work for the research you have done so far. Many people will not understand the concept of freewill, nature vs nurture, and the principles of fatality. A modern day Socrates or Pluto could be walking around this forum, and yet people wouldn't understand or agree to one word he would be saying.

naijaking1,

Thanks. I started doing research to show that ALL juju claims were fraud 12 years ago! Over that period, I have amassed a lot of evidence against those claims, questioned juju practitioners, witches, cultists, Catholic priests, pastors, an Anglican Bishop, a Satanist, U.S. soldiers, air-force pilots, etc. I have also dug deep into the archives of many libraries in the U.S., the UK and Canada.

Based on over a decade of research, there is absolutely no question in my mind that juju claims, e.g., "Zik clap hand turn to fly" or "If you point Oba of Benin palace your finger go bend o" or "Na spirit dey inside Egungun" are false!
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ChinenyeN(m): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2009
mazaje:

[b]. .Since the magiccian claims his aim was to make sure that he ends Ronaldo's career why not cast a spell and make his legs disappear? [/b]Why depend on natural events like injury through contact or a car accident to achieve his goals?
This is a clear example of how neither side of this argument can not set limits. How exactly does leg injury equate to leg disappearance?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by bilymuse: 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2009
RichyBlack

Going through most of richy's postings and his argument shows his of science background. He used scientific argument to try solidify his position without following basic scientific principle. His wild statement regarding juju is based on gross misconception, lack of proper understanding and fraught with double standard. He is eager to post example that suite him but reject eye witness accounts that contradict his views.

Solution:
Richy could put forward an hypothesis regarding the efficacy of juju , and test that hypothesis by conducting an experiment using samples that adequately represent the data population; without disregarding the control experiment.

Alternatively, he could post detail of any research work done that prove beyond reasonable doubt that juju is fraudulent.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by wirinet(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2009
Thanks Richy for the education, our people is in need of more people like you who would open our eyes and our minds from the shackles of superstition and religion.

The most annoying thing is that even our so called juju men are not very innovative. The juju men in ancient Europe could turn stone into gold, turn humans to animals at will and disappear and appear in broad day light. Those of China and India were even more astonishing, they levitate during the day without broom, and the can disappear in a puff of smoke.

Afam keeps on telling us that the has seen jujumen perform wonderful thinks without giving us details.

I wonder if a Juju man can evade a well aimed arrow or a catapult, or is it only guns that they can evade?  

bilymuse:

RichyBlack

Going through most of richy's postings and his argument shows his of science background. He used scientific argument to try solidify his position without following basic scientific principle. His wild statement regarding juju is based on gross misconception, lack of proper understanding and fraught with double standard.  He is eager to post example that suite him but reject eye witness accounts that contradict his views.

Solution:
Richy could put forward an hypothesis regarding the efficacy of juju , and test that hypothesis by conducting an experiment using samples that adequately represent the data population; without disregarding the control experiment.

Alternatively, he could post detail of any research work done that prove beyond reasonable doubt that juju is fraudulent.

My brother let richy have details of the eye witness account before he can take a valid position, it is not enough to say i say i saw a demonstration of a gun being fired at a man and the bullet did not enter. He will need more details on whether the bullet missed or hit the target but did not penetrate.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by wirinet(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2009
Furthermore before anyone can test the efficacy of Juju, you will need to provide some sort of Data. Then the validity of the data can be put to test. Also where can one get the samples, samples of juju men with accurate data and details of their magic.

I was also very interested in the concept of Juju in my youth days and visited quite a few, they were all charlatans. One Juju woman actually foresaw my death in two months, unless i appease ogun, with some Red oil, a while goat, a white cock, some palm wine, i can't remember the list now, as this was over 20 years ago. The ceremony was to happen at mid night beside a river, somewhere in Ikorodu. Let me add that it was a girlfriend that took me there because she went to consult her, and was told that her boyfriend had two months to live. Anyway, i was not ready to appease any ogun, (when i was not even ready to appease the popular Gods of Yahweh and Allah). And guess what 20 years later and i am still alive.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by MyJoe: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2009
SEFAGO:

come was, oba ovonramen that short- i think that is the only interesting thing I am gleaning from thsi article.
RichyBlacK:

If you take a closer look at the picture you'll notice that Oba Ovonramwen was seated.

And in a reclining position.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by platinumnk(f): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2009
Afam, You speak well.

RichyB- U never answered my question, was the majic performed during Moses time real or fake?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2009
platinumnk:

Afam, You speak well.

RichyB- U never answered my question, was the majic performed during Moses time real or fake?

It's impossible for rods to turn into snakes. There are some possible explanations:

1. The snakes were housed in brittle rods (clay is a possible material due to it's high brittleness) that disintegrate and set loose the snakes on impact with the floor.

2. The story could be metaphoric, and hence should not be taken literally.

There are more possibilities.

@platinumnk,
Have I now answered your question?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by wirinet(m): 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2009
platinumnk:

Afam, You speak well.

So your idea of a powerful magic is turning a rod into a snake?, and that was to show pharaoh the extent of God's powers?. I thought a better show of power was to turn the rod into a fire breathing dragon. A simple man with a rod will easily kill the snakes not to talk of holding a sword. Unless of course the snake was a spiritual snake.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2009
Interesting conversation. I think this should be in the Religion section.

Being said that, I agree with Afam. I have seen a lot of things in my life time. We cannot and should not use physical laws to explain the spiritual.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by platinumnk(f): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2009
Exodus 7:8

Then the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron saying "When Pharaoh speaks to you, saying 'Show a miracle for yourselves,' then you shall say to Aaron, ' Take your rod and cast it before Pharaoh, and let it become a serpent." So Moses and Aaron went in to Pharaoh, and they did so, just as the LORD commanded.

Exodus 7:11 But Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers; so the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

The bible did not say the snakes were in the rods. Dont add things to the bible. I honestly hope you're saying these things just to make your argument look good.

RichyBlacK:

It's impossible for rods to turn into snakes. There are some possible explanations:

1. The snakes were housed in brittle rods (clay is a possible material due to it's high brittleness) that disintegrate and set loose the snakes on impact with the floor.

[s]2. The story could be metaphoric, and hence should not be taken literally.[/s]

@platinumnk,
Have I now answered your question?

wirinet:

So your idea of a powerful magic is turning a rod into a snake?, and that was to show pharaoh the extent of God's powers?. I thought a better show of power was to turn the rod into a fire breathing dragon. A simple man with a rod will easily kill the snakes not to talk of holding a sword. Unless of course the snake was a spiritual snake.

Please go and read exodus! I am sure you are familar with the plagues of egypt. The only thing that the Pharaoh's socerers couldnt copy was the first male child's death.

where did their powers come from?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Interesting conversation. I think this should be in the Religion section.

Being said that, I agree with Afam. I have seen a lot of things in my life time. We cannot and should not use physical laws to explain the spiritual.

@POSAKOSA1,

Can you give us ONE example of what you've seen that made you believe juju is not mere fraud? Thank you.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2009
platinumnk:

Exodus 7:8

Then the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron saying "When Pharaoh speaks to you, saying 'Show a miracle for yourselves,' then you shall say to Aaron, ' Take your rod and cast it before Pharaoh, and let it become a serpent." So Moses and Aaron went in to Pharaoh, and they did so, just as the LORD commanded.

Exodus 7:11 But Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers; so the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

The bible did not say the snakes were in the rods. Dont add things to the bible. I honestly hope you're saying these things just to make your argument look good.

Please go and read exodus! I am sure you are familar with the plagues of egypt. The only thing that the Pharaoh's socerers couldnt copy was the first male child's death.

where did their powers come from?

@platinumnk,

Stop wasting your time. You can NEVER use any story in the Holy Bible or any other religious text to give any form of credibility to the fraudulent claims of juju proponents. That will not work.

You have to do something or show us evidence of any of these claims. A good start may be showing us some evidence of a corpse turning into crisp dollar notes.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by platinumnk(f): 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2009
RichyBlacK:

@platinumnk,

Stop wasting your time. You can NEVER use any story in the Holy Bible or any other religious text to give any form of credibility to the fraudulent claims of juju proponents. That will not work.

You have to do something or show us evidence of any of these claims. A good start may be showing us some evidence of a corpse turning into crisp dollar notes.

Who says that scientfic texts are valid? Or they push for what you should believe?

You cannot use science to prove magic, therefor there will not be any scientific evidance.
Science works on what is physicaly or chemicaly quantifiable, where the parameters of magic (visualization, concentration and psychic power) cannot be quantified in that manner
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by bilymuse: 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2009
RichyBlack
[size=15pt]It's impossible for rods to turn into snakes.[/size] There are some possible explanations:

2. The story could be metaphoric, and hence should not be taken literally.

Are you saying the bible account is wrong or Moses is a fraudstar who deceived the people by hiding snake in a brittle rod, or you are the only person who fully understood the metaphor of the story
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2009
bilymuse:

RichyBlack

Are you saying the bible account is wrong or Moses is a fraudstar who deceived the people by hiding snake in a brittle rod, or you are the only person who fully understood the metaphor of the story

bilymuse,

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, or you want me to use juju and enter your head to draw them for you? grin
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2009
platinumnk:

Who says that scientfic texts are valid? Or they push for what you should believe?

You cannot use science to prove magic, therefor there will not be any scientific evidance.
Science works on what is physicaly or chemicaly quantifiable, where the parameters of magic (visualization, concentration and psychic power) cannot be quantified in that manner

But money is by its nature quantifiable; how come juju can turn a corpse into something quantifiable?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 3:32am On Oct 24, 2009
Afam:

++++++++++++++

Photo Gallery Zoom
Related Links
Teams
Real Madrid
Players
Cristiano Ronaldo

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++

[size=18pt]HOKUS POKUS[/size]
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 3:50am On Oct 24, 2009
Yet another Hokus Pokus:

[size=28pt]We sell human parts to a herbalist in Kwara - Suspect[/size]
Dipo Laleye, Minna - updated: Tuesday 20-10-2009

The Police in Minna, Niger State, have arrested a family of three that specialized in the sell ing of human parts to a Kwara State based traditional herbal seller.

The herbalist and the blacksmith that produced arms for the family were also arrested by the police.

The head, Zubairu Makun Jibrin and his two sons Mohammed Zubairu (20) and Ibrahim Zubairu (22) years were said to have been involved in the business since 2004.

Though, the family head, Jibrin denied knowledge of his children being involved in the ritual killings his sons said their father was culpable as he had benefited several times from them after they had sold human parts to the Ilorin and Share based herbalist.

Ibrahim Zubairu who appeared to be the leader of the ritualists, narrated how they used to get the human pars which they sold to the herbalist, Yakubu Adeshina.

According to his confessional statement, they usually waylaid farmers on their way to the farm, killed the victim and removed the parts needed by Adeshina.

He said that most often, it was the head and the fibula bone that they used to collect and sell.

The last time they killed a farmer on Lanle Road according him, they sold his head to Adeshina at N20,000, while other parts were sold for between N10,000 and N15,000.

Zubairu said that they always left the remains of their victims to rot in the bush, but the police claimed that they had evidence that the ritualists usually cooked and ate the remains of the human parts.

He said that in 2004 they were able to buy a Mazda salon car for their father and continued to fund their education.

Ibrahim only wrote his senior school certificate examination this year, while his elder brother, Mohammed passed out last year at the same secondary school in their Edogi village in Kwara state.

The herbalist, Yakubu Adeshina, however, denied that he was a receiver of human parts, saying ‘I only sell herbs to the people’.

“People know me everywhere they know that I don’t do such a thing,” Adeshin who wept profusely said, but when asked how the boys identified him as the receiver of the human parts, he said it was possible they had seen him on the television.

He was however, speechless when confronted with the fact that the ritualists knew his house at Ilorin and Share and took homicide detectives there without missing their way.

Jibrin, father of the two boys, said he was surprised by the action of his children and denied that his sons bought him a car.

“I bought the car for N360,000 in 2004, I have shown the police the receipt” Jibrin said.

He described the action of his children as “embarrassing, disgraceful,” adding that “I am ashamed about what they have done.”

The state Police Commissioner, Michael Zuomukor, who paraded the ritualist before newsmen, said they were arrested by men of the Special Anti Robbery squad during a stop and search operation at Mokwa.

Zuomukor said that a locally made pistol, two live cartridges two handsets a bone, one Honda car with registration number AE 258 MKW, seven uncompleted guns, 15 dane guns and a jincheng motorcycle, were recovered from the suspects. The police boss said that the suspects would be arraigned in court soon.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaway(m): 4:26am On Oct 24, 2009
Nigeria and most of black africa is a funny place. Matter of fact, the world at large because there are those who believe this around the world but many have not seen or somehow cannot explain what they saw because of  their lack of information at the time.  They forget that if it were realistic as they claim, those who pratice it most, are the ones that will lead the world because they have the power to. We all know that the world powers or even G50 don't depend on this to lead others even militarily.
   I doubt all that claim from nigeria because it is mostly a mind game, a strong nigerian trait. Is good to play mind games by bringing up impossibilities and so on. If someone commands lions and elephants on stage, many places in nigeria will say he used juju. Like the mami water story that use to rain, come to find out that it has been one of the weapons that the oyinbos used in defeating us by staging scare crows in white garments in and around streams, lakes, and rivers and popular trails.
  I don't doubt herbalist even though they are not too efficient because most plants and natural resources are the starting point of technologies. Nigerians have good and wicked hearts but due to overwhelming knowledge of wickedness it is easy to capitalize on evil. People forget that they are also some leaves/plants that can change hormones, change your attitude, change your life through health wise or death. Nigerians are scared/have a more than tolerant fear of nigeria and it doesn't matter if you are home or abroad, when you are out of your zone and sometimes within your zone it is easy to fall for crap. We forget about the word magicians. Happens anywhere but our own too much.
  My advice is that, let us take technology, innovation, education, and even herbalist and grow them to our advantage then let all those around us keep having those fetishness and lets see who would win in prosperity, long life, miltary strength,  and jobs for all in the next 50yrs.  We can archive all those juju stories and go back to them for another look if we don't do a good job; afterall, we have been believing this stuffs for centuries and it hasn't helped.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 24, 2009
People are still on this juju is fraudulent issue? RichyBlack made this thread to suit his own beliefs and standings, he didn't make it so anyone can prove him wrong or argue with him. Let him bask in his own ideas abeg.

The snake might have been hidden in a brittle rod? Hahahaha. What a joke.
Do you have explanations for water into wine, Splitting of red sea, raising of the dead, feeding hundreds with two fish, most of all walking on water!!! Do you have physical explanation for those too? Both sides of this argument remains unproven therefore there can be no conclusion. But what YOU richyblack must understand is that you can't say juju is fraudulent while saying Jesus is immortal and he was given power by your "god". Why are you a Christian then? think freely and obey the laws of physics you like preaching instead of believing in a story that goes against your beloved law of physics. You only quote that law when it suits you and that is hypocrisy at it's best. Metaphoric? tell me what metaphor goes with rod into snake? river into blood? red sea opening up, walking on water. If all this are metaphors then I see no reason to believe that "god" created me which I don't believe by the way. instead since it says he or she made me out of dust, I can take it as, he or she enlightened me when I wasn't intelligent and taught me things not created me and breath the breath of life into me with magic. Read the Bible with a critical mind, you'll see that "god" is not sacred instead he or she is just someone who knows things not someone up in the sky who sees it all and can curse you with his or her mouth.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Jakumo(m): 6:07am On Oct 24, 2009
While the prevalence of irrational belief systems does go a long way towards explaining the all-encompassing backwardness and dim prospects for meaningful development in many third-world nations, the entertainment value of discourse with individuals so afflicted does tend to diminish rapidly, due to the uni-dimensional repetitiveness that characterizes their shrieked claims of being tenth-hand "witnesses" to the paranormal, who NEVER offer a shred of corroborating evidence to substantiate the existence of their quaint Alice in Wonderland world-view.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.