Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) (43746 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2009
SEFAGO:

yeah yeah, whatever-

fraud

Soory I can't help you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2009
This is how confused people process information and make highly contradictory statements without any shame.

First, the bold but stupid statements.

SEFAGO:

1) What you claim you saw was total bullshit
2) juju doesn't exist
3) Again, it doesnt exist

4) The existence of the supernatural is at best, speculative

Next, the typical questions they are seeking answers to just to convince them or for them to learn what they think is impossible.

SEFAGO:

Why are ppl snakes, owls and dogs? why can't they be animals from a different country like pandas- why do they have to fit the animals of a certain locale?

And finally, the contradictions.

SEFAGO:

I can say that because (1) I know christianity is crap; and I am sure it is crap
(2) it is possible that juju exists but if it does it would have more power than christianity
(3) so i am still surprised that men of god no dey fear when they go against the supposed real juju except if they themselves get their power from juju
(4) The majority of white ppl know that christianinty is a made up religion even during the eary 20th century so if they can unfearful go into a medicine man's house with no fear, and no protection don't you think that they were aware that juju is false grin grin grin

The same person states categorically that juju does not exist.

The same person states categorically that it is possible juju exists.

The same person states categorically that christianity does not exist.

The same person states categorically that if juju exists then it must have more powers than christianity that he claims does not exist.

This is what you get when you allow clowns access to topics they shouldn't be allowed to even read let alone contribute to.

Highly inconsistent, low level or reasoning and a fundamentally flawed thought process.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ChinenyeN(m): 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2009
SEFAGO, do you hold any religious belief?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2009
SEFAGO, do you hold any religious belief

None, zero, and it is unlikely i will ever will. It is impossible to believe in something that has no logical proof.

Next, the typical questions they are seeking answers to just to convince them or for them to learn what they think is impossible.

As i said,lesser minds cannot grasp advanced logic. Try again (maybe hammering it into your peanut brain would help)- if juju has so many inconsistencies it is likely that it doesn't exist. The presence of inconsistencies make it impossible for something to exist

The same person states categorically that juju does not exist.

The same person states categorically that it is possible juju exists.

The same person states categorically that christianity does not exist.

The same person states categorically that if juju exists then it must have more powers than christianity that he claims does not exist.

Mugu, I am assuming it exists- it must be able to meet these reuirements (if it cannot meet this requirement, then it doesn't exist). This is very popular in philosophy- I am not going to dispel your belief without considering it- but if considering it shows so much inconsistencies then it is illogical for it to exist.

Sad, yes, I might be writing far below my standard but that is because i dont consider anyone here to be in the same intellectual level. When you are in rome behave like the romans
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2009
SEFAGO:

None, zero, and it is unlikely i will ever will. It is impossible to believe in something that has no logical proof.

As i said,lesser minds cannot grasp advanced logic. Try again (maybe hammering it into your peanut brain would help)- if juju has so many inconsistencies it is likely that it doesn't exist. The presence of inconsistencies make it impossible for something to exist

Mugu, I am assuming it exists- it must be able to meet these reuirements (if it cannot meet this requirement, then it doesn't exist). This is very popular in philosophy- I am not going to dispel your belief without considering it- but if considering it shows so much inconsistencies then it is illogical for it to exist.

Sad, yes, I might be writing far below my standard but that is because i dont consider anyone here to be in the same intellectual level. When you are in rome behave like the romans

You claim to be an intellectual but you sound far from it. pls accept my sympathies.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2009
399 Forums / Islam for Muslims / Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible on: September 22, 2006, 06:04 AM
Men you guys are not really smart. The exact date of the gospel of barnabas cannot be authenticated. If you are foolish enough to think that the bible was bound together from the beginning then you are all fools. Several scriptures were used by early christians which are not accepted now as inspired books of God. The gospel of barnabas could have been written a few centuries after the death of Jesus then gradually changed to is now available. For example, the Gospel according to Mark had several versions( That is what I was tAUGHT IN CLASS, i idn't say it was true). Also the revelations was not accepted at an authentic book by the early christians. If you read the last chapters of the gospel of mark you would see that the gospel was written by a roman(mark was a roman christian convert) because of the reference to people coming back from the dead. While the gospel of Matthew made no reference to such since it was written by a jew- jews even up till now don't believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Concerning Senator Allen, I used to be part of his campaigning team(dropped out because of school work). Anyway not me save my opinions about Islam because to be sincere I am really scared of muslims and what they can do.

Local Time: October 24, 2009, 11:02 PM

Little wonder the guy who posted the content in quote posted the crap below.

SEFAGO:

Lesson of the day - Check the age of people who keep displaying stupidity before deciding to respond to them or not.

My last response to this idiot on this thread.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2009
yadadda. so what story are u going to cookup for us again: which person did u see turn into a goat  grin grin grin and what spiritual significance do goats have.

Are you aware of how stupid your story sounds?

First it was that sheep Afam, then now it is you making subjective and unverifiable claims- without any logical proof but hearsay. That is all the proof you have hearsay- you are not thinking it out- you saw a person turn into a cat (and you just let it go like that). Not a life-changing experience for you right?

I repeat, do you know how stupid your story sounds?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by sage(m): 11:51pm On Oct 24, 2009
e be like say this Pokasoka guy think say all the people on top this forum na small pickin

Person turn to cat?? What a joke!

I didnt want to comment on this topic but i had to laugh out loud on that. Regardless of if Juju exists or not

1. No human being has the ability to turn to an animal, or yam or cocoyam etc

2. The sun cannot rise from the west and set in the east.

3. The rotation of the earth will be the same, no human beign or juju can change the earth's rotation to west to east

4. No juju can turn sahara dersert into rainforest overnight

5. Juju no fit make person fly, disappear of torpedo into space

6. Person wey hold gun power pass person wey hold juju power, Fact
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 2:39am On Oct 25, 2009
Afam totally irrelevant- lol- I was 16 then. But yeah I thot the topic was about people turning into cats grin

you guys are all the same- no brilliant statements, and people argue that the bell curve is a myth undecided
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 25, 2009
Afam
RichyBlack
SEFAGO
9jaganja

This issue is very interesting. Afam raised a very important point by challenging us to disclaim juju and at the same uphold some of the fantastic stories in the bible which by and large look like juju. RichyBlack fell into the trap; all his attempt to reconcile both position looks pathetic. 9jaganja highlight the discrepancies, SEFAGO understood the fact and excuse himself.
And I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ChinenyeN(m): 4:32am On Oct 25, 2009
SEFAGO:

Alright. Good. Thank you.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 4:35am On Oct 25, 2009
Apart from superstitious, there's another psychiatric term used to describe individuals who ascribe everything to a supernatural force or juju.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 4:38am On Oct 25, 2009
yay, mad people grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Or in Yoruba w[b]e[/b]r[b]e[/b].
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by platinumnk(f): 4:56am On Oct 25, 2009
SEFAGO:

That was what I was looking for before i commented on your experience . Religious views. For all of us rational agnostics/atheists- we are aware that the christian religion is a major fraud- not because we have anything against God (or maybe Satan possessed us and is deceiving us) but because we have decided to learn about our beliefs, examine and question them- not taking them based on faith (faith is not enough alone to justify holding a religious belief since muslims have faith and christians would argue that muslims end up in hell)

I can say that because (1) I know christianity is crap; and I am sure it is crap
(2) it is possible that juju exists but if it does it would have more power than christianity
(3) so i am still surprised that men of god no dey fear when they go against the supposed real juju except if they themselves get their power from juju
(4) The majority of white ppl know that christianinty is a made up religion even during the eary 20th century so if they can unfearful go into a medicine man's house with no fear, and no protection don't you think that they were aware that juju is false grin grin grin

Be careful what you say, this is my own witness

In July 1996 my little brother was diagnosed with brain tumor
He went for surgery to remove it but due to the delicate nature of the cancer, all of it couldnt be removed and he had to go for chemo and radiation
None of it wasnt working, and to make it worse his head was swelling at an abnormal rate and he was opted to take another surgery to reduce the swelling, but his chances of living though it were very slim.
My mom objected to it, and the doctors got a lawyer and over ruled my mom.

The night before the surgery, my brother said he saw a man in all white, reaching over to him in the hospital.
He thought it was a doctor coming to take him away and he called my mom  (who was at his bedside)
and he shook my mom until she woke up, but no one was there.
The next morning the doctors came and took my brother away.
before he went for his surgery the doctors scanned his head,
all of the fluids that was causing his swelling and the rest of the cancer was GONE.
He has been in remission ever since.

God is real / JUJU is real
God gives Satan power to decieve , but ultimately God has all the power.
There are fakery on both sides, Pastors faking miracles and Juju magicians faking tricks

But both are real.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 5:06am On Oct 25, 2009
He went for surgery to remove it but due to the delicate nature of the cancer, all of it couldnt be removed and he had to go for chemo and radiation
None of it wasnt working, and to make it worse his head was swelling at an abnormal rate and he was opted to take another surgery to reduce the swelling, but his chances of living though it were very slim.

The night before the surgery, my brother said he saw a man in all white, reaching over to him in the hospital.
He thought it was a doctor coming to take him away and he called my mom (who was at his bedside)
all of the fluids that was causing his swelling and the rest of the cancer was GONE.

interesting- i wouldn't comment because i cannot verify the veracity- but if it is true i am glad for your brother. But I repeat, God cannot exist- it doesn't make sense for it to exist. And satan doesn't exist.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 5:06am On Oct 25, 2009
SEFAGO:

yay, mad people grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Or in Yoruba w[b]e[/b]r[b]e[/b].

I'm careful not to label anybody mad, but insight and how you look at things around you makes a lot of difference. If Ronaldho broke his leg during a match, someone would insist that it was juju, instead of accepting the injury as a normal occupational hazard of soccer.

What about automobile accident? Of all the factors that could cause car accident, and are preventable or controlable in the future, an individual who believed his accident was because of juju is likely not to pay attention to the fact his own carelessness, drunkun state, bad road, or even poor driving skills might have actually caused the accident.
People who blame juju for everything are not only psychiatrically challenged, but are psychologically lazy, and refuses to accept their own responsibilities.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 5:11am On Oct 25, 2009
platinumnk:

Be careful what you say, this is my own witness

He thought it was a doctor coming to take him away and he called my mom (who was at his bedside)

God is real / JUJU is real
God gives Satan power to decieve , but ultimately God has all the power.
There are fakery on both sides, Pastors faking miracles and Juju magicians faking tricks

But both are real.

Anecdotal. Brain tumors have been know to shrink, disappear, and go into remission. I'm happy for your brother and your family, but there's really nothing magical about the remission, it's medicine, not juju.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by platinumnk(f): 5:19am On Oct 25, 2009
naijaking1:

Anecdotal. Brain tumors have been know to shrink, disappear, and go into remission. I'm happy for your brother and your family, but there's really nothing magical about the remission, it's medicine, not juju.

Ok, the brain tumor dissapeared, then what happened to the fluids? Where did they drain to? Please help me know because the whole medical team could not find the source, unless you telling me you know more than a team of trained neurosurgeons.

And what about the man in white? His hospital room was locked, no one could have entered.

And this was not JUJU it was the power of GOD.

Like i said, hard for people that havent experienced it to reason with it.

And who says we dont have witches in the States?

I live here and trust me, we have witches who are well know, and practices, I met one.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by becomrich15: 5:24am On Oct 25, 2009
there is juju, even people have PHD on it in Nigeria. Prof Wande abimbola. But there is God too.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 25, 2009
You all should pray that the rulers of the power of the world should not wage war against you. Go and ask the advice pastor adeboye gave to the late ALAKE of EGBA land's queen when she wanted to prevent the cult group in burying him. YOU ALL ARE FOOLS If you don't beleive in the existence of juju.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by dean2725: 5:32am On Oct 25, 2009
It is obvious that richy and co are just trying to divert the topic to suit their own selfish belief. And this is very disappointing as richy is one of those people on NL i always follow with kin interest on any thread. Am sorry you get this wrong especially when you jumped up on cheap distracion to manouvre the the topic to suit your own belief. Fine! Juju is fraudulent and should be discouraged ( that is my selfish interest though) but in all fariness and for the sake of logical reasoning as demostrated by 9jaganja and Afam and some other folks, if we brand juju as fraudulent because it invloves magic and voodoo, dont you think, with all the miracles in the bible and with synagoue, that christainity shoud also be declared fraudulent. To my understanding that is the point 9jaganja and Afam are trying to argue.

@ 9jaganja
Respect!!!

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 5:42am On Oct 25, 2009
You all should pray that the rulers of the power of the world should not wage war against you. Go and ask the advice pastor adeboye gave to the late ALAKE of EGBA land's queen when she wanted to prevent the cult group in burying him. YOU ALL ARE FOOLS If you don't beleive in the existence of juju.

I am waiting for the power of the world, waiting, waiting, waiting,,, grin grin grin. Wait- the devil is bloody slow , waiting- man i am still waiting, yep ok I am bored.

So whats up with the rulers of the world- they no get balls.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 5:51am On Oct 25, 2009
I ma still waiting for the supernatural- and the witches to pop up
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 5:59am On Oct 25, 2009
platinumnk:

Ok, the brain tumor dissapeared, then what happened to the fluids? Where did they drain to? Please help me know because the whole medical team could not find the source, unless you telling me you know more than a team of trained neurosurgeons.

And what about the man in white? His hospital room was locked, no one could have entered.

And this was not JUJU it was the power of GOD.

Like i said, hard for people that havent experienced it to reason with it.

And who says we dont have witches in the States?

I live here and trust me, we have witches who are well know, and practices, I met one.

There is something called the blood-brain barrier that handles fluids in the brain. Mind you the brain has a lot of electrical ctivities, some of which we interpret as vision, dream, and personal awarness. Remember I said it's anecdotal. If the neurosurgeons agreed with you that it's something miraculous the way you're describing it, they would have since rushed to be the first to publish it.
Beliveing that things we don't know is juju or a miracle is understandable, it makes us feel better.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by platinumnk(f): 6:05am On Oct 25, 2009
naijaking1:

There is something called the blood-brain barrier that handles fluids in the brain. Mind you the brain has a lot of electrical ctivities, some of which we interpret as vision, dream, and personal awarness. Remember I said it's anecdotal. If the neurosurgeons agreed with you that it's something miraculous the way you're describing it, they would have since rushed to be the first to publish it.
Beliveing that things we don't know is juju or a miracle is understandable, it makes us feel better.

Science cannot prove juju therefore a publication will be null and void.

The neurosurgeons didnt agree with anything, remember they wanted to do the surgery, you think science has an answer for everything; when it doesnt.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 6:15am On Oct 25, 2009
wirinet:
I want to point out that the human mind is capable of accommodating contradictions, without being hypocritical. Most I know a lot of Christians that believes literally in the Bible but do not believe in Juju. Even the Europeans that brought Christianity to Us did not believe in all our Juju and babalawos, they desecrated our shines and took away our sacred idols and objects. That is the way the mind works. Another example is that you will see a lot of our Born again friends (especially the ladies), visiting babalawos when they encounter serious problems, only to be seen in church the next sunday singling " Babalawo Power Powerless Power, Jesus Power Super Power".

This is arguably one of the most profound comments on this thread!

@wirinet, muchos gracias!
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 6:31am On Oct 25, 2009
I slightly agree but the fallacy in this statement is the assumption that Europeans who brought you christianity actually believed in christianity or the supernatural. you will be shocked how many europeans who brought religion to africa didnt believe in it
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 7:27am On Oct 25, 2009
Once again, I will repeat that this is not something you debate. It is something you encounter. Only fools try to debate a spiritual experience.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 7:36am On Oct 25, 2009
Once again, I will repeat that this is not something you debate. It is something you encounter. Only fools try to debate a spiritual experience

well then i am a fool for seeking the truth.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2009
SEFAGO:

well then i am a fool for seeking the truth.

you're not seeking the truth. u're looking for a NL consensus approval on ur intelligence. but no one here is going to give that to you. esp. with the lipsrsealed lipsrsealed comments u're stating.

truth finders engage in dialogue, ask questions, and have an open mind, u're just lost in ur stupidity.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2009
enitan2002:

You are the FOOL in believing the colossal fraud called juju.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2009
if u need to pick up a dictionary or use the google search key to explore what it means to search for the truth.  As a matter of fact, no such thing as the absolute truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.