Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) (43748 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 6:56am On Oct 24, 2009
9jaganja:

People are still on this juju is fraudulent issue? RichyBlack made this thread to suit his own beliefs and standings, he didn't make it so anyone can prove him wrong or argue with him. Let him bask in his own ideas abeg.

The snake might have been hidden in a brittle rod? Hahahaha. What a joke.
Do you have explanations for water into wine, Splitting of red sea, raising of the dead, feeding hundreds with two fish, most of all walking on water!!! Do you have physical explanation for those too? Both sides of this argument remains unproven therefore there can be no conclusion. But what YOU richyblack must understand is that you can't say juju is fraudulent while saying Jesus is immortal and he was given power by your "god". Why are you a Christian then? think freely and obey the laws of physics you like preaching instead of believing in a story that goes against your beloved law of physics. You only quote that law when it suits you and that is hypocrisy at it's best. Metaphoric? tell me what metaphor goes with rod into snake? river into blood? red sea opening up, walking on water. If all this are metaphors then I see no reason to believe that "god" created me which I don't believe by the way. instead since it says he or she made me out of dust, I can take it as, he or she enlightened me when I wasn't intelligent and taught me things not created me and breath the breath of life into me with magic. Read the Bible with a critical mind, you'll see that "god" is not sacred instead he or she is just someone who knows things not someone up in the sky who sees it all and can curse you with his or her mouth.

Your mistake is equating religious verses with our interpretation of juju power in Nigeria today. Those religious verses are either allegorical, deep proverb, or even an occassional misinterpretation from an ancient language, so your biblical example are invalid.
Next, you would compare Abraham's attempt to sacrifice his only son with the above article where Nigerians are killing each other for valuable body parts
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 24, 2009
@ Naijakin

If you don't understand my post simply ask me to explain instead of bashing it with assumptions. Me quoting the bible wasn't in any way comparing juju with the bible in that post even though they are both one and the same (unseen/unproven myths). I was merely stating that richy give explanation for other  "magical" events that happened in the bible since he attempted explaining the rod turning into snake thing. Now you are just being hypercritical here. Aren't both juju and Christianity etc,  forms of religion? They are all forms of religion so what's your point exactly? Maybe cause you are a Christian or Muslim and you won't like to categorize the barbaric/"evil" juju with your religion but they are all forms of religion no matter what you think. 

You see that's a straw man's argument you just made. How can your Abraham attempting to sacrifice his only son equal Nigerians killing each other for parts? How can I say that? Oh wait Naija king said I'm going to say that. So truly I'm going to say that?. That's a lame way to refute points you don't agree with. But wait human sacrifice was also in the Bible and was Jehosaphat's daughter. Now that I can compare with people sacrificing human for power or other reasons.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2009
9jaganja:

@ Naijakin

If you don't understand my post simply ask me to explain instead of bashing it with assumptions. Me quoting the bible wasn't in any way comparing juju with the bible in that post even though they are both one and the same (unseen/unproven myths). I was merely stating that richy give explanation for other "magical" events that happened in the bible since he attempted explaining the rod turning into snake thing. Now you are just being hypercritical here. Aren't both juju and Christianity etc, forms of religion? They are all forms of religion so what's your point exactly? Maybe cause you are a Christian or Muslim and you won't like to categorize the barbaric/"evil" juju with your religion but they are all forms of religion no matter what you think.

You see that's a straw man's argument you just made. How can your Abraham attempting to sacrifice his only son equal Nigerians killing each other for parts? How can I say that? Oh wait Naija king said I'm going to say that. So truly I'm going to say that?. That's a lame way to refute points you don't agree with. But wait human sacrifice was also in the Bible and was Jehosaphat's daughter. Now that I can compare with people sacrificing human for power or other reasons.

Juju and christianity are not exactly on the same level. Traditional African religion, christianity, and islam are on the same level, religiously. Juju is not African traditional religion, but one of the ways of practicing it. You'd agree that there're many ways of practicing christianity that don't equate to christianity itself. For any juju practice in one part of Africa, there's another way of expressing the same principle in another part of Africa.
Once again, the problem with local juju practice is that it falsely claims to disobey natural physical laws as a selling point.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 24, 2009
naijaking1:

Juju and christianity are not exactly on the same level. Traditional African religion, christianity, and islam are on the same level, religiously. Juju is not African traditional religion, but one of the ways of practicing it. You'd agree that there're many ways of practicing christianity that don't equate to christianity itself. For any juju practice in one part of Africa, there's another way of expressing the same principle in another part of Africa.
Once again, the problem with local juju practice is that it falsely claims to disobey natural physical laws as a selling point.

We'll keep going in circles. But that was funny. You see this only in local juju? How about Christianity that has eternal life, miracles etc, as a selling point? These also defy laws of physics. We can throw the spear in both directions. There are thousands of African traditional religions juju is not an aspect of any of them at all. If juju is based on getting you rich, deflecting bullets etc, I'm sorry to say, juju is not an aspect of any African traditional religion. Take juju as a form of science (real or not) not an aspect of African traditional religion. I haven't seen any Ifa priest saying he can disappear etc, Ifa deals with the most advanced form of possibilities and it's well acknowledged in China, South America etc, I haven't seen any Osun worshipper saying he or she can fly etc, Osun is basically a goddess in Yoruba myth and people worship her not for money, not for power or whatever reason people practice juju. African science is different from African religion. Ogun is god of Iron why? He discovered Iron in Yoruba land now that's true science. Just like many Western scientists has made claims they end up not being able to prove, same goes with juju priests, Pastors (especially who are subjective and claim to perform miracles)

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2009
@POSAKOSA1,

Can you give us ONE example of what you've seen that made you believe juju is not mere fraud? Thank you

When one of our housemaids turned into a cat in front my korokoro eyes.  She said that she was a black cat in the spiritual realm. Though she was probably in late teens years 19, old women around the neighborhood always used "Ma'am" when speaking with her. Apparently she was a well-respected witch.

Funny thing is, she never, never harmed us. She also smelt badly.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 10:25am On Oct 24, 2009
wirinet:

Thanks Richy for the education, our people is in need of more people like you who would open our eyes and our minds from the shackles of superstition and religion.

The most annoying thing is that even our so called juju men are not very innovative. The juju men in ancient Europe could turn stone into gold, turn humans to animals at will and disappear and appear in broad day light. Those of China and India were even more astonishing, they levitate during the day without broom, and the can disappear in a puff of smoke.

Afam keeps on telling us that the has seen jujumen perform wonderful thinks without giving us details.

I wonder if a Juju man can evade a well aimed arrow or a catapult, or is it only guns that they can evade?  

My brother let richy have details of the eye witness account before he can take a valid position, it is not enough to say i say i saw a demonstration of a gun being fired at a man and the bullet did not enter. He will need more details on whether the bullet missed or hit the target but did not penetrate.

@wirinet,

You're welcome. Thanks also.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 10:26am On Oct 24, 2009
9jaganja:

We'll keep going in circles. But that was funny. You see this only in local juju? How about Christianity that has eternal life, miracles etc, as a selling point? These also defy laws of physics. We can throw the spear in both directions. There are thousands of African traditional religions juju is not an aspect of any of them at all. If juju is based on getting you rich, deflecting bullets etc, I'm sorry to say, juju is not an aspect of any African traditional religion. Take juju as a form of science (real or not) not an aspect of African traditional religion. I haven't seen any Ifa priest saying he can disappear etc, Ifa deals with the most advanced form of possibilities and it's well acknowledged in China, South America etc, I haven't seen any Osun worshipper saying he or she can fly etc, Osun is basically a goddess in Yoruba myth and people worship her not for money, not for power or whatever reason people practice juju. African science is different from African religion. Ogun is god of Iron why? He discovered Iron in Yoruba land now that's true science. Just like many Western scientists has made claims they end up not being able to prove, same goes with juju priests, Pastors (especially who are subjective and claim to perform miracles)

Something tells me we really don't any difference of opinion just differences in terminology. You've just validated my assertion above, because African Traditional religion is different from juju, superstition, and all these fraudulent attempts to decieve and corrupt. While many Osun worshippers may know the impossiblity of flying like a bird, it very common to see charlatans all over the place trying to sell a "flying-walk-onwater-pass-through-a-wall-invisiblity amulet for a few dollars, food, or property in the name of Osun.

One more thing, there's no African science, European science, American science, or Asian science. Science is science, it's true or false. Religion and science are different, and sometimes mutually oppose each other.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by naijaking1: 10:34am On Oct 24, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

When one of our housemaids turned into a cat in front my korokoro eyes. She said that she was a black cat in the spiritual realm. Though she was probably in late teens years 19, old women around the neighborhood always used "Ma'am" when speaking with her. Apparently she was a well-respected witch.

It seems your korokoro eyes no dey well. So, she had to 'tell you' she's a black cat in the spiritual realm. Hope you do listen to yourself.
Anyway, there is a psychiatric explanation of young teenage girls thinking and even hoping that they have magical powers. Blame it on hormonal changes, not on juju or mammy water.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2009
naijaking1:

It seems your korokoro eyes no dey well. So, she had to 'tell you' she's a black cat in the spiritual realm. Hope you do listen to yourself.
Anyway, there is a psychiatric explanation of young teenage girls thinking and even hoping that they have magical powers. Blame it on hormonal changes, not on juju or mammy water.

Richy requested for an example so I gave him one.

One thing I know in this life is that we are free to believe whatever we want

1. Christianity

2. Islam

3. Juju

<its up to you, its your choice> Until you encounter with any of these spiritual religions, there is no point wasting my time arguing., Seeing and encountering is believing,
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2009
Everything is debateable even the truth.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 11:06am On Oct 24, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

When one of our housemaids turned into a cat in front my korokoro eyes.  She said that she was a black cat in the spiritual realm. Though she was probably in late teens years 19, old women around the neighborhood always used "Ma'am" when speaking with her. Apparently she was a well-respected witch.

@POSAKOSA1,

Okay, can you describe, as best as you can, how this transformation occurred? Let me give you some pointers:

In-transformation
1. How fast was the transformation? How many seconds, minutes or hours, approximately?
2. Were there any noises/sounds being made as the transformation occurred?
3. If so, can you describe the nature of the sound? Was it cat-like or human-like? Loudness - how loud? Pitch - how high?
4. Were there any secondary light source(s) from the housemaid/cat during the transformation?

Post-transformation
1. How big was the cat in relation with the body size of the housemaid?
2. After the transformation, did the cat make any human-like sounds?
3. How complete was the transformation? Were there any human-like features left on the cat, e.g. human ears, human fingers, etc.

Re-transformation
1. Did the cat later transform back to the housemaid?
2. If so, what was the duration between the completion of the housemaid-to-cat transformation and the cat-to-housemaid re-transformation?
3. How fast was the re-transformation? How many seconds, minutes or hours, approximately?
4. Were there any noises/sounds being made as the re-transformation occurred?
5. If so, can you describe the nature of the sound? Was it cat-like or human-like? How loud? How high was the pitch?
6. Were there any secondary light source(s) from the housemaid/cat during the re-transformation?

Post re-transformation
1. After the re-transformation, did the housemaid make any cat-like sounds or had any cat-like behaviors?
2. How complete was the re-transformation? Were there any cat-like features left on the housemaid, e.g. cat eyes, cat tail, cat ears, etc?

Thanks.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2009
RichyBlacK:

@POSAKOSA1,

Okay, can you describe, as best as you can, how this transformation occurred? Let me give you some pointers:

In-transformation
1. How fast was the transformation? How many seconds, minutes or hours, approximately?

Speed of the transformation maybe like 5 mins, it was like she magically transformed

2. Were there any noises/sounds being made as the transformation occurred?

There were no noises, in fact she told us not to scream

3. If so, can you describe the nature of the sound? Was it cat-like or human-like? Loudness - how loud? Pitch - how high?

4. Were there any secondary light source(s) from the housemaid/cat during the transformation?

No light source. It seemed regular to me.

Post-transformation
1. How big was the cat in relation with the body size of the housemaid?

She was a normal looking black cat, like the real animal

2. After the transformation, did the cat make any human-like sounds?

The cat never spoke. It had piecing yellow eyes

3. How complete was the transformation? Were there any human-like features left on the cat, e.g. human ears, human fingers, etc.

No human features, it was a real black cat.

Re-transformation
1. Did the cat later transform back to the housemaid?

I never saw the cat transform back to the maid. The transformation took place in the maids quarters and it left that area and walked towards the front,  we never followed it, we were very afraid and shaken

2. If so, what was the duration between the completion of the housemaid-to-cat transformation and the cat-to-housemaid re-transformation?

IDK, but I do know, she came back in person from the front quarters to the back,  how she got to the front

3. How fast was the re-transformation? How many seconds, minutes or hours, approximately?

It was only mins of when the cat walked towards the front. <like 10>

4. Were there any noises/sounds being made as the re-transformation occurred?

Never heard a sound

5. If so, can you describe the nature of the sound? Was it cat-like or human-like? How loud? How high was the pitch?

6. Were there any secondary light source(s) from the housemaid/cat during the re-transformation?

Didn't see any light.

Post re-transformation
1. After the re-transformation, did the housemaid make any cat-like sounds or had any cat-like behaviors?

No she looked normal to me

2. How complete was the re-transformation? Were there any cat-like features left on the housemaid, e.g. cat eyes, cat tail, cat ears, etc?

No cat like features. She was normal to me.

Thanks.

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2009
^bull bull bullshit grin grin grin grin, na only cat witches like to do- so many cool animals- like hippotamus, zebra, squirrel- in this world but na stupid animals like cat they go they do
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2009
It is very clear from the posts thus far that

1. Those who claim to have seen juju work believe that there are supernatural powers that we cannot explain and that they defy physical laws as we know them today. I have seen juju at work.

2. Those who claim juju does not exist only do so because they have never experienced it and as such any claims don't make sense until they themselves see the juju work.

3. Those who claim juju does not work seem to be looking for opportunities to see it work, hence the numerous questions from people who believe it does not work yet want to know how something transformed (wanting to know but not bold enough to admit that), why Ronaldo's leg did not disappear (it was reported that even his mother had hired another witch and they are not Africans), why black people are not very rich through juju, why US is not using juju (since some believe that they can only believe something if the US says so, real shame) etc.

Therefore, there will never be a meeting point on this issue because an overwhelming majority of people here have stiff mindsets and will do anything to support their positions even if it means turning logic on its head.

Be it known that any christian that believes in the recorded events in the bible that clearly defy physical laws and at the same time claims juju does not exist because it will defy physical laws is a hypocrite, confused person and a bloody sycophant.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. A mind that believes everything has been understood by it is already dead.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by wirinet(m): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2009
@POSAKOSA,

I have some questions of my own,

When did this transformation take place and where?

How long did the transformation take?

What was the size and specie of the cat?

What was immediate reaction?

Were there other eye witnesses?

What did the cat do after transformation?

when did it transform back to your housemaid?

Did she continue to be your housemaid after the transformation?

Your answers would be appreciated.

Afam:

It is very clear from the posts thus far that

1. Those who claim to have seen juju work believe that there are supernatural powers that we cannot explain and that they defy physical laws as we know them today. I have seen juju at work.

2. Those who claim juju does not exist only do so because they have never experienced it and as such any claims don't make sense until they themselves see the juju work.

3. Those who claim juju does not work seem to be looking for opportunities to see it work, hence the numerous questions from people who believe it does not work yet want to know how something transformed (wanting to know but not bold enough to admit that), why Ronaldo's leg did not disappear (it was reported that even his mother had hired another witch and they are not Africans), why black people are not very rich through juju, why US is not using juju (since some believe that they can only believe something if the US says so, real shame) etc.

Therefore, there will never be a meeting point on this issue because an overwhelming majority of people here have stiff mindsets and will do anything to support their positions even if it means turning logic on its head.

Be it known that any christian that believes in the recorded events in the bible that clearly defy physical laws and at the same time claims juju does not exist because it will defy physical laws is a hypocrite, confused person and a bloody sycophant.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. A mind that believes everything has been understood by it is already dead.

I want to point out that the human mind is capable of accommodating contradictions, without being hypocritical. Most I know a lot of Christians that believes literally in the Bible but do not believe in Juju. Even the Europeans that brought Christianity to Us did not believe in all our Juju and babalawos, they desecrated our shines and took away our sacred idols and objects. That is the way the mind works. Another example is that you will see a lot of our Born again friends (especially the ladies), visiting babalawos when they encounter serious problems, only to be seen in church the next sunday singling " Babalawo Power Powerless Power, Jesus Power Super Power".
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2009
I will say this. There is a reason why people believe in JESUS in Nigeria, aside from poverty, many have also experienced various types of powers and choose the one they deem most powerful.

You can't debate or argue a spiritual idealogy, <its impossible> you have to encounter or experience it.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2009
SEFAGO:

^bull bull bullshit grin grin grin grin, na only cat witches like to do- so many cool animals- like hippotamus, zebra, squirrel- in this world but na stupid animals like cat they go they do

Cats have a spiritual significance in the spiritual realm. Something you probably can't and would never understand. Some people are SNAKES, OWLS, DOGS,
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2009
wirinet:

@POSAKOSA,

I have some questions of my own,

When did this transformation take place and where?

The transformation took place in broad daylight. I was in the maid quarters with my brothers and close cousins.

How long did the transformation take?

It was quick trust me. She squatered and turned.

What was the size and specie of the cat?
Specie i don't know. but it looked like a black pet cat that could be in someone's home.

What was immediate reaction?
She had warned us not to shout or scream. One of my cousins peed on themselves. Ever since that experience, i always had nightmares whenver im in Nigeria, we were all afraid. But shock

Were there other eye witnesses?
Yes

What did the cat do after transformation?
It walked towards the front quarters

when did it transform back to your housemaid?
It walked towards the front quarters, we were all afraid. and in shock, i don't think that any of us could move. I don't know exactly when but she transformed into a cat in front of our eyes, and that cat walked towards the front quarters and the next thing we knew, i didn't see it transform back but she walked back to the boysquarter in human form.

Did she continue to be your housemaid after the transformation?
Yes, she was not the only maid in the house. There were about 5 of them. some Pastors told my parents that as children of god they should not be afraid, then she said that her powers were in her hair, they chopped her hair off and then the next thing, probably after a year or so she ran away,

Your answers would be appreciated.

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2009
Closed minds, stiff mindsets and and ignorance all contribute to the level of backwardness in Nigeria not belief in the existence of juju.

It is now obvious that people simply want to experience this before they believe - something that is very difficult as not everyone will experience it.

I have seen people die while fighting themselves with guns while others clearly repelled bullets shot at them at close range others died. This is no movie.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2009
Afam I totally agree with you. Spiritual ideology is something one has to experience or encounter. You can't debate it.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2009
Yes Afam you have to experience it to believe it. But no one will believe it for you.  Posakosa can not be called a liar for what he said he saw but can only be doubted. I'm yet to see magic or juju work but I'm not disputing it's possibilities. There is a Monster in Okanagan river, B.C in Canada. A dragon like serpent only a few people have seen it while others are saying it's a product of illusions. Those who have seen it will die to prove themselves right while those who haven't will laugh at those who said they've seen it. Same in juju. Let's not try to ridicule or insult people who make claims not only one person is claiming to have experience. We'll keep going back to previous pages if this thread continues. It should be moved to religious section though.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2009
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2009
Tpia that looks like a giant horse. Where is that?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2009
she's trying to convey the notion that perception is everything
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

she's trying to convey the notion that perception is everything

Exactly!!! Perception is everything. Some say curiosity killed the cat, I'll say curiosity taught the cat.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2009
Cats have a spiritual significance in the spiritual realm. Something you probably can't and would never understand. Some people are SNAKES, OWLS, DOGS

I dont think you know how much i understand- i understand

1) What you claim you saw was total bullshit
2) juju doesn't exist
3) Again, it doesnt exist
4) The existence of the supernatural is at best, speculative

Why are ppl snakes, owls and dogs? why can't they be animals from a different country like pandas- why do they have to fit the animals of a certain locale?

My argument stands that juju follows the typical motifs of myth-telling- for example, the creation of constraints that  prevent its veracity. The problem with myths is that they are all the same regardless of cultures- the fear of animals like cats, dogs, snakes, rats are seen in all cultures. That doesn't mean that they are harmful- it is more an evolutionary instinct. The fact that juju is rarely displayed in the open but is all hearsay- who placed such constraints on juju?

Yes, she was not the only maid in the house. There were about 5 of them. some[i] Pastors[/i] told my parents that as children of god they should not be afraid, then she said that her powers were in her hair, they chopped her hair off and then the next thing, probably after a year or so she ran away,

That was what I was looking for before i commented on your experience . Religious views. For all of us rational agnostics/atheists- we are aware that the christian religion is a major fraud- not because we have anything against God (or maybe Satan possessed us and is deceiving us) but because we have decided to learn about our beliefs, examine and question them- not taking them based on faith (faith is not enough alone to justify holding a religious belief since muslims have faith and christians would argue that muslims end up in hell)

Now why am i bringing religion into this, because religion is important , when considering the origins of the supernatural. It is all in the mind- this supernatural crap. That is why all men of god are frauds- because i am sure nothing supernatural exist and if people claim to  be able to do the supernatural- then they are frauds. So if your pastor- after hearing the story of a girl turning into a cat, and conveniently goes and cut her hair with no fear- when the god he worships doesnt exist and is powerless, then i can conveniently say your story is a load of crap.

I can say that because (1) I know christianity is crap; and I am sure it is crap
(2) it is possible that juju exists but if it does it would have more power than christianity
(3) so i am still surprised that men of god no dey fear when they go against the supposed real juju except if they themselves get their power from juju
(4) The majority of white ppl know that christianinty is a made up religion even during the eary 20th century so if they can unfearful go into a medicine man's house with no fear, and no protection don't you think that they were aware that juju is false grin grin grin

If I dont see something, i can still believe in it as long as it is rational- everything you guys have mentioned is irrational. I am shocked you guys cannot see the irrationality of everything and are agreeing with each other like cattle.

Take for example this statement:

You can't debate or argue a spiritual idealogy, <its impossible> you have to encounter or experience it.

Anyone with some high school knowledge would know that christian spiritual ideology was as a result of constant debate. So was islam and other world religions. And a lot of ppl here profess to be christians while unaware that what they hold so dear and as gospel truth was made by a group of jewish ppl. The first gospel was supposedly written 80 years after jesus died. theologians had to constantly argue on what the trinity meant and other stuff before they finally decided on something. But at least they made their arguments rational- you guys are just flailing. grin
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2009
the 10 pages you have written here is JARGON. TOTAL CRAP. Pls accept my sympathies. cry cry cry cry
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2009
dont worry it took me 3 minutes (i knew it would be wasted on lesser minds) but i just felt like typing
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2009
SEFAGO:

dont worry it took me 3 minutes (i knew it would be wasted on lesser minds) but i just felt like typing

cool cool cool cool cool cool

next time write sensibly. you don't make sense, NEEEEEXT!
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2009
I knew you would avoid issues raised because your claims are false
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:02pm On Oct 24, 2009
SEFAGO:

I knew you would avoid issues raised because your claims are false

u're entitled to ur low-level of reasoning and close mindedness, there is NOTHING i can do to change ur level of ignorance or stupidity. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2009
yeah yeah, whatever-

fraud

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.