Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Nigerians Taking Over Africa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Taking Over Africa (6529 Views)

Nigerians Taking Loans From Boko Haram Thanks To The Fg's Failure - Reno Omokri / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi / Earth Hour - Uniting People To Protect Our Planet: Are Nigerians Taking Part? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by hclacid(m): 1:21am On Oct 24, 2009
nigeria as a whole possesses great qualities such as brilliant minds, absence of natural disasters and so on, but i must give it to BENNY BOY11 here who i see as someone in for the real truth.  at first the absence of adequate leadership is already a big problem for the nation, secondly we nigerians see ourselves as AFRICA NUMBER 1 and a great force in the world's economy which isn't a bad thing the problem is that nigerians in general talk too much!! when would we begin to learn?!! one thing is certain without HUMILITY our system would remain stagnant despite the fact that GOD gave us everything. you see nigerian leaders always present when it comes to problems relating to other african nations when the country is in disorder, i'l explain:
1. one of the most adopted approach to measure a country's economic power is by it's stability in energy generation and consumption, i don't need to say anything further about this,
2. bad leadership has costed us lack of security, adequate health facilities (which means a great deal), proper educational system, a scary distribution of wealth out of this world's fashion, and, the funniest of all is that nigerians are still fighting for world recognition, boasting about personal achievements such as flashy cars around town, expensive edificies and houses,,  we must always learn to wait for outsiders to comment on improvement in our system and how great we are. my experience with the nigerians i met outside the country has been very frustrating as everyone says the same thing. 'make money and return home to show everybody that i'm loaded'  some even tell the women that their parents are ministers and buisness tycoons and etc,  it's hightime we started doing things properly both in and outside nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by alias64: 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2009
[b]Some people watch too many Nollywood movies.

Small observations:

It is a psychological slight of hand people fall for when they perceive confident people as noisy or boastful.  Nigerians and, Jamaicans, to some extent, are actually not talkative except when standing up for themselves.  Individuals that look aware often seem more noisy than people who look meek and stupid when in fact this is not the case.

When it comes down to it, Ghanaians are the most boastful people I know. Everyone has heard about every achievement that they have ever made or thought they made.  From the burial of Du bois in Ghana, to slave castle, to how many times they won African football. Now they boast about constant electricity and oil discovery. I do not have any qualms about them doing that but do get angry when, as is their sneaky ways, they try to pass off their boasting as if it was a Nigerian pastime. My Caribbean friends, white ones, Asian ones know more about Ghana than they do about Nigeria. This is because Nigerians rarely boast about themselves. In fact, Nigerians do not boast about Nigeria they constantly cuss Nigeria. Nigerians sometimes come to the defence of Nigeria and when we do try to defend ourselves from critics; those same critics cannot take it. In my opinion Nigerian should start boasting about themselves because all do it why not us.
[/b]

PS

By the way, many Nigerians who drive those cars of which too many Africans seem jealous, work hard for it. I have personal experience. A friend of mine, actually, he was much older than me, worked as a cleaner in the morning, a full time job  during the day and security weekends. He hooverd offices in the shell complex at Vauxhall while I worked staircase mopping up. One day, a Cameroonian guy, not knowing I was Nigerian, started telling me about the Nigerian man and how he drove a flashy merc. Soon the Cameroonian started telling me about Nigerian students driving cars to his collage and so on.

You know something; I have the measure of Africans. They are a very jealous people. Sometimes I thing Africans are horrible people deserving of their lowly status in this world. There is a feeling that because of our history of being oppressed and embracing religion, which the oppressed do, that Africans somehow deserve some sort of omnipotent, redistributions-of-fortunes-reward. However, I am starting to think Africans are lowly because of wickedness as expressed by jealousy and hatred for one another.

I no longer think of myself as African but think of myself as Nigerian.
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by Bennyboy11: 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2009
hcl_acid:

nigeria as a whole possesses great qualities such as brilliant minds, absence of natural disasters and so on, but i must give it to BENNY BOY11 here who i see as someone in for the real truth.  at first the absence of adequate leadership is already a big problem for the nation, secondly we nigerians see ourselves as AFRICA NUMBER 1 and a great force in the world's economy which isn't a bad thing the problem is that nigerians in general talk too much!! when would we begin to learn?!! one thing is certain without HUMILITY our system would remain stagnant despite the fact that GOD gave us everything. you see nigerian leaders always present when it comes to problems relating to other african nations when the country is in disorder, i'l explain:
1. one of the most adopted approach to measure a country's economic power is by it's stability in energy generation and consumption, i don't need to say anything further about this,
2. bad leadership has costed us lack of security, adequate health facilities (which means a great deal), proper educational system, a scary distribution of wealth out of this world's fashion, and, the funniest of all is that nigerians are still fighting for world recognition, boasting about personal achievements such as flashy cars around town, expensive edificies and houses,,  we must always learn to wait for outsiders to comment on improvement in our system and how great we are. my experience with the nigerians i met outside the country has been very frustrating as everyone says the same thing. 'make money and return home to show everybody that i'm loaded'  some even tell the women that their parents are ministers and buisness tycoons and etc,  it's hightime we started doing things properly both in and outside nigeria.               

It is because of people like you that I never generalise about Nigerians or any other group of people. When I see intelligent, well thought through and most importantly objective posts like yours I am encouraged that there is hope.

For every basic minded post like the one left by ceah, there is a sensible one like yours.
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by kuramo: 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2009
@ Bennyboy 11

You need to visit the Nigerian High Commission and commence the process of changing your nationality from Ghanaian to Nigerian.

If you are unwilling to do that, you need to get a life and leave us Nigerians alone with our problems.
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by Rebarobyn: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2009
kuramo:

@ Bennyboy 11

You need to visit the Nigerian High Commission and commence the process of changing your nationality from Ghanaian to Nigerian.

how can you suggest something like that when we have almost 150million people already? we don't need more additions please, especially haters angry
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by koolchicco: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2009
Rebarobyn:

how can you suggest something like that when we have almost 150million people already? we don't need more additions please, especially haters angry

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by ikeyman00(m): 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2009
It is because of people like you that I never generalise about Nigerians or any other group of people. When I see intelligent, well thought through and most importantly objective posts like yours I am encouraged that there is hope.

For every basic minded post like the one left by ceah, there is a sensible one like yours

typical ghanaian qoute

yes sir!
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by dean2725: 2:44am On Oct 25, 2009
ceah:

@Gbawe, DuduKnights and Benny,

@Gbawe, DuduKnights, I hardly reply to post on NL though i cant do without NL daily but i decided to reply to this post cos i have noticed @Gbawe and @DuduKnights are very intelligent and constructive people.I just want you guys to keep it up. I am proud of the two of you. If Seun thinks about NL award for Constructive and Unbiased Post on NL then i would have voted for you guys. As for @Benny, i think @Duduknights should understand something i noticed abouth this ghanian, There is a difference between hate and truth, I have noted hatred in all @Benny post on NL, so @Gbawe might not be wrong afterall.

@Benny, the fact is that no one can send you out of NL but you need to change your Mindset, Attitude and most of all your Mentality. Stop Hating, continue to be proactive and try not to generalise when really the statistics is there for all to see. That one egg is bad does not make the rest in the crate bad.

God Bless you all,

I have never read any post on any thraed before by bennyboy. But to be honest, it is unfair and unfounded to think there are sentiments, hatred or ill-mindset in his posts, at least on this thread! While it is a good thing Nigerians are being achnowledged for being industrious and intelligent and establishing outside the shore of Nigeria, we must not forget hat charity, they said, begins at home which is one of the point raised by bennyboy. C'mon! people we are all saying the same thing.

P.S @ Gbawa, Dudu and Benny
You guys are great!

Peace to everybody!
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by ikeyman00(m): 10:43am On Oct 25, 2009
^^^^^

how great shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by hclacid(m): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2009
there is no need to pick up on anybody here, everyone has got an opinion whether constructive or destructive which i believe is with the aim of providing possible solutions to problems in our respective societies,
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by Rebarobyn: 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2009
hcl_acid:

there is no need to pick up on anybody here, everyone has got an opinion whether constructive or destructive which i believe is with the aim of providing possible solutions to problems in our respective societies,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by hclacid(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2009
constructive posts: a person trying to see positive aspects in the society and at the same time provides possible solutions to some problems

destructive posts: a person who never sees positive aspects in the society and thus is always complaining through his post. this lad however has a similar objective as the guy with constructive posts which is providing possible solutions to problems in the society.
however a guy with the destructive post may at times seem to enumerate more possible solutions than the guy with constructive posts.
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by ceah(m): 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2009
@Bennyboy, As you can see, i am not the only one that think this way about you, I came back to read this thread after a while and i saw exactly the answer i am expecting from you. Prove me wrong if you have ever seen/say any good thing about the country Nigeria in your Posts.You always take people off the topic and start chastising and castigating Nigeria. Prove me Wrong if you have ever posted anything good about Nigeria.

@All, I have never seen @Bennyboy on any other Thread except the one that talks about Nigeria and all he come there to do is to say all the Negatives, Others see the Good and the Bad in Nigeria but he sees nothing but Bad, If someone from Nigeria has done something wrong to him, then he should let us know by posting a thread else he should stop focusing his effort on his ludicrous insult on Nigeria but Focus his effort on becoming a better Human that see some good in others,

God Bless Nigeria, God Bless Ghana, God Bless our Planet,
God Bless You all,
Re: Nigerians Taking Over Africa by Liedetect: 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
ceah
You [b]always take people off the topic [/b]and start chastising and castigating Nigeria.

You are so right, it is a common tactics used by those who have an axe to grind against Nigeria and Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judges Make Judgement Base On Thier Personality Not Only Law: CNN / Acting President Osinbajo Meets With Buhari's Look-Alike At Katsina Airport.PICS / Ugwuanyi Best Governor Enugu Ever Had - PFN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.