Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die (56626 Views)

Please Have Mercy On Your Children / Please Have Mercy On Me. / Need Advice! Married People Please Come In!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Onegai(f): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
Mynd44:

Wait, what?

NOTHING OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Look away, look away!!
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Pamelayoung: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
thorpido:
Hmmm,you said someome gave you pregnancy in South Africa and you haven't even sorted yourself out before getting pregnant again?Na wa!

Anyway,give further details about your condition and location if you are for real.

When you eventually deliver this baby,I'm interested in putting you on family planning contraception.

Guy u'r mean
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by EfemenaXY: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
MizMyColi:

Actually, I would have written something meaner but decided to change it.
This is just my mood today, and I feel very okay about it.

I wouldn't be the first to be hurt by someone and instead of raining curses on them, choose to bless them.
If I can help it, I would always want to pray for people who hurt and defraud me....always.

It is my understanding.

You see, what you fail to understand is that people own themselves actually.
If something does not resonate with you, why bother? Why give because I urged you to give when in reality every part of you is screaming "DO NOT GIVE"

I see beggars on the streets who claim the are blind or disabled, I give to them anyway, not because I am so sure of their status but because I feel compassionate enough to.

I see a woman who claims to be a mother and carrying an autistic child and I give. For all I know, she could have rented that child, for all I know she could have stolen the child, for all I know, none of her begging proceeds might ever get to that child.

But I give anyway...
why?
Because I am moved to to. Because I felt this wave of compassion for them.

These people might have one thing in common - fraudsters.
They also have another thing in common - they are in need.

it is that need that pushed them to all sorts of desperation including lying to me to collect my money.
If i eventually find out that they lied, I won't feel soooo bad for two reasons

1. I did not give away something sooo huge that actually told on my pocket.
2. I have an understanding that they don't. I have sowed a seed into their lives, one that will continually speak till they become better people, whether in this life or in the next.

But none of this changes what I felt then. I have seen lots of "help me" thread on NL.
You hardly see me feature actively on them. People who know me off of here can testify that I like money, I hate being cheated and nothing riles me up like feeling my intelligence has been played on.

But I don't feel this one is aaallll scam. This one made me go to work late. This one made me forget the braxton hicks et al. This one made me forget myself for a while there because I wanted to see her comforted no matter how short the while.

If she turns out fake, well God Bless Her. Posterity never judges wrongly.

Then all I can say is, "Good luck to you ma'am", especially if you feel empathy towards an obviously false cause.

I get that your hormones might are playing up, we've all been there, but scamming fraudsters? C'mon.

If you really, really want to make a positive difference in someone's life, why not go to the children's ward of your nearest hospital, take a look at the suffering kids, choose one, ask to make a donation towards their hospital care / bills?

Or better still, offer to help a resident child at your nearest orphanage?

Those are good examples of vulnerable people in genuine need who can't afford, nor have the means / knowledge to come online and beg.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Dyt(f): 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
MizMyColi:

I am too quick to have empathy for humans.
I consider it a strength, not a weakness.

I prefer that I be called mugu at the end of the day than allow myself be too wise and smart to the extent of passing up an opportunity to be the Change I desire in this world. Thank you.

Epppp me with $45
Plis
cry cry cry

17 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by EfemenaXY: 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
5minsmadness:

Lol this made me spill my beer grin

T'is barely noon and you're drinking?

Come, I hope you're off duty doc? lipsrsealed
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by MizMyColi(f): 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
Onegai:

She's not fake, she just depending on others for money. You're in your last trimester and are going to work, she's in her 1st trimester and she's unable to get a stool, a comb or 2, some cheap bottles of nail polish and a chair and break a sweat. People like this exist, not a big deal smiley

My dear.
The emboldened might be the case.
It might be truly.

But she just needs money now.
Shebi if I give today, will you still come tomorrow and tell me to give you?
No na.

Per working, I will just call it God's grace.
I was at the verge of being sacked, but heaven spoke up for me.

Imagine I was sacked, no certificate, no extra means of income, no husband, one toddler, no mother to comfort me or even share her garri with me.

For some people it is not just easy to get up and get something doing like that. The onus is still on people like us to give her food first then lecture her on the importance of owning yourself with dignity including earning your meal. It lies with people like us to make her understand that she cannot continue to blame her mother for her woes. She put herself in this situation to begin with.

But shebi it is someone that has eaten bellefull that will listen to any empowerment lecture that you have to give.

5 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Dyt(f): 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
MizMyColi:

No na.

Gimme $45
cry cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by jaybee3(m): 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
keepingmum:
I remember this lady posted whilst in SA regarding her baby daddy and how he had deceived her 2 come bk 2 9ja. Her mum was very disappointed in her for coming bk home wt an extra mouth 2 feed/ no source of income etc and she had being having challenges with her mum. ....this was on a thread about 2 yrs bk.

For the life of me I cannot understand how you can get pregnant again for another man who hasn't married you. You can barely feed urself not to talk of the 1st child .

I do not think you need antenatal. You need to terminate this pregnancy , get urself busy making hair. I am sure there are areas in igando where ladies go 2 make hair. Go there daily with ur child and you ll get customers and be able 2 feed.

After a few months when you hv established ur customer Base, redirect them to ur house and continue frome there.

Raising a child is not beans and NOBODY owes you nada!!. Your mum has done all she can for u and whatever else she chooses to do is a bonus not an entitlement.

Finally, learn to have protected sezz. A condom/contraceptive is cheaper than a pack of pampers.

Nairn landers who want to help pls help this lady bit encourage her to utilize her time . I know she is genuine. I know these because I recall her earlier thread ...with a similar moji type of username
GBAM

Someone is thinking rationally

Thank God

2 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by thorpido(m): 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dyt:

You see
They ignored me
cry cry cry cry

We're ready to help you but I hope you know you will be verified.

Can you provide your grandmother's birth certificate?Original o.

4 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by EfemenaXY: 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
Onegai, Ifyalways, and Thorpido...

Question for you: I've been toying with the idea for sometime of sponsoring a child in need in Naija with their Education. Ideally, a young child in nursery to start with. How can this be done without being tricked? Or the money for the child diverted elsewhere?

Is this possible? What would I need to do and know? My preference is for a little girl.

5 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Onegai(f): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
MizMyColi:

My dear.
The emboldened might be the case.
It might be truly.

No na.

Per working, I will just call it God's grace.
I was at the verge of being sacked, but heaven spoke up for me.

Imagine I was sacked, no certificate, no extra means of income, no husband, one toddler, no mother to comfort me or even share her garri with me.

For some people it is not just easy to get up and get something doing like that. The onus is still on people like us to give her food first then lecture her on the importance of owning yourself with dignity including earning your meal. It lies with people like us to make her understand that she cannot continue to blame her mother for her woes. She put herself in this situation to begin with.

But shebi it is someone that has eaten bellefull that will listen to any empowerment lecture that you have to give.

But you're not her. Making hair and beauty concerns is a very steady source of income. Every Thursday to Saturday is a party, nothing stops her from even taking a chair, going to a field and tying gele for N50p apiece. Is LASU not around Igando, plenty customers. But she came here to spread a tale of woe and anguish, who makes the choice to starve their child rather than get productive? I'm not going to reward that sort of thinking, I don't have a steady income coming in and if I do, I will go down to the mall and take a Saleslady job and get ready to swallow all embarrassment from friends finding out. I'll give her money after she has the baby and puts it up for adoption and gets fitted with a 5-year Contraceptive.

cc moji26 suzzy16

Jaybee3, it's really expensive to terminate after 3 months (if she's upto that sef).

3 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2016

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by MizMyColi(f): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Then all I can say is, "Good luck to you ma'am", especially if you feel empathy towards an obviously false cause.

I get that your hormones might are playing up, we've all been there, but scamming fraudsters? C'mon.

If you really, really want to make a positive difference in someone's life, why not go to the children's ward of your nearest hospital, take a look at the suffering kids, choose one, ask to make a donation towards their hospital care / bills?

Or better still, offer to help a resident child at your nearest orphanage?

Those are good examples of vulnerable people in genuine need who can't afford, nor have the means / knowledge to come online and beg.

You see, Ify talked about this too, but I deliberately didn't want to delve into that.
There are humans everywhere.
The people you see online might seem faceless and unreal to you till you reach out.

You help people because you fee a sort of connection to them. You help people because an opportunity presented itself, be it offline or online.

If I tell you I will visit motherless babies and give my all to them, it may never happen, not because I am wicked but because my path just doesn't cross with such.

But here on Nairaland which I have called a home/community of sorts, I see a case that gets me interested and I have to ignore and go "out" there to give the help when I actually see an online neighbor who needs such. That person begging online might as well be your neighbor offline whom you may never get to meet or attend to because you are equally engrossed in your real life issues as well.

The reality is this.
We have different callings. My calling is not to be looking for people who need help, but if I am moved to help one whether online or offline, then surely I will.

It is one thing to see a person who needs help (online or offline, I do not discriminate), it is another thing for their case to attract my attention.
If/when it does, I try to give it my all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Dyt(f): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
thorpido:
We're ready to help you but I hope you know you will be verified.

Can you provide your grandmother's birth certificate?Original o.

Yes
Can I paste it here?
It's GTB and it will be instant
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by jaybee3(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
Please you guys should CC me once the case is fully verified

Thanks Y'all

1 Like

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Onegai(f): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Onegai, Ifyalways, and Thorpido...

Question for you: I've been toying with the idea for sometime of sponsoring a child in need in Naija with their Education. Ideally, a young child in nursery to start with. How can this be done without being tricked? Or the money for the child diverted elsewhere?

Is this possible? What would I need to do and know? My preference is for a little girl.

I can look around and recommend someone. I think the important thing is to not let them know why you're interested in the child until you're ready and then paying directly to the school.
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by thorpido(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Pamelayoung:

Guy u'r mean
I'm not mean,I'm actually far from being called a mean person.Compassionate is apt to describe me.

But I don tire for girls to dey get belle.There are just so many ways to prevent pregnancy and they're not that costly.
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by sisisioge: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dyt:

I lost $45
I am angry
Crying
Wailing

Wowzer! Pls good people of NL, help this lady. She's been verified. I was there when the money lost o. It was in 50-5O naira dollars. Pls help her biko.

4 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by 5minsmadness: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dyt:

But iyamu crying
I need the money
Oh God pls help me
cry cry cry cry

I am genuine
If I don't get the $45 I will cry
I have been crying sef

Pls do you know any of them?
I need the money badly
Else no outing for my son this weekend
cry cry cry

EPPPPPPP ME PLIS

My friend stop all this noise and send me your bank account angry

4 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by EfemenaXY: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
MizMyColi:

You see, Ify talked about this too, but I deliberately didn't want to delve into that.
There are humans everywhere.
The people you see online might seem faceless and unreal to you till you reach out.

You help people because you fee a sort of connection to them. You help people because an opportunity presented itself, be it offline or online.

If I tell you I will visit motherless babies and give my all to them, it may never happen, not because I am wicked but because my path just doesn't cross with such.

But here on Nairaland which I have called a home/community of sorts, I see a case that gets me interested and I have to ignore and go "out" there to give the help when I actually see an online neighbor who needs such. That person begging online might as well be your neighbor offline whom you may never get to meet or attend to because you are equally engrossed in your real life issues as well.

The reality is this.
We have different callings. My calling is not to be looking for people who need help, but if I am moved to help one whether online or offline, then surely I will.

It is one thing to see a person who needs help (online or offline, I do not discriminate), it is another thing for their case to attract my attention.
If/when it does, I try to give it my all.

Okay oh.

1 Like

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Dyt(f): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
5minsmadness:

You no gimme number/email
cry cry

2 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by EfemenaXY: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
sisisioge:

Wowzer! Pls good people of NL, help this lady. She's been verified. I was there when the money lost o. It was in 50-5O naira dollars. Pls help her biko.

5minsmadness:

Lol!

You're all wacko on here. Seriously.
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Dyt(f): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
sisisioge:

Wowzer! Pls good people of NL, help this lady. She's been verified.

Teeeeeeel them oooo
Owo yen dunmi
And in this recession
Haaaaa
Okamilara
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by 5minsmadness: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
EfemenaXY:

T'is barely noon and you're drinking?

Come, I hope you're off duty doc? lipsrsealed
Lunch break embarassed embarassed
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by jaybee3(m): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Onegai:

Jaybee3, it's really expensive to terminate after 3 months (if she's upto that sef).

I honestly don't mind paying for that with additional family planning or whatever

Her history suggests her major problem is self control hence the need to solve the pregnancy ish

5 Likes

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by EfemenaXY: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jumaii:

If there will be an application for sponsorship, please ma'am do well to mention me o so i can apply.

You aren't a child.

1 Like

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by toksbisola: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
@OP, I took some time to look at your Moji26 post and Suzzy16 post and I just don’t get it why with the Moji26 monica you write as an illiterate (excuse my language) and with the Suzzy16 monica you write like a literate/educated person. It baffles me.

Your battery was fully charged when you opened this thread and responded to queries on this thread; now that you have been asked to provide more information, suddenly now your phone battery is to low for you to come and answer the questions you’ve been asked. In theory, you have gone silent. This baffles me again.

You’ve been asked to send details of your antenatal card (send to Onegai/Ifyalways/Mizmycoli) and evidence of your pregnancy and other things; again you have not sent those details.

Thorpido has kindly volunteered to assist to register you for antenatal at the general hospital and I’m hoping that you will consider the Doctors kind gesture at least just to make sure that some form of medical care is provided for you and for the unborn child.

TEHN have asked you to provide information on your case to see how they can support you, not sure if you have responded to their request.

You have an international passport and you don’t have a bank account for yourself; oh please; who are you kidding? You were even told that it is free to open a bank account and yet you are still saying that you will need money to open the account. Are you saying that those who are telling you that it is possible to open an account without money don’t know what they are saying?

You’ll rather have people send money into someone else’s account that they don’t know (just listen to yourself; does that sound right to you?) as against you opening your own account and the money sent to your account directly? Another thing that baffles me again.

You have a handy work for nail painting, doing hair and make-up etc; try and build on using them successfully (some have suggested to you on how to start small) to get some money to cater for you, your little one and the unborn child.

I am all for helping people in need especially when children are involved; but please be sure you are genuine and not playing on people’s intelligence. Waiting for your information to be verified.

I rest my case

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Dyt(f): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jumaii:

If there will be an application for sponsorship, please ma'am do well to mention me o so i can apply.

EfemenaXY
Can you consider

Now I serious forget me crying over $45

EfemenaXY:

You aren't a child.
She has a child
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by MizMyColi(f): 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
Onegai:

But you're not her. Making hair and beauty concerns is a very steady source of income. Every Thursday to Saturday is a party, nothing stops her from even taking a chair, going to a field and tying gele for N50p apiece. Is LASUTH not around Igando, plenty customers. But she came here to spread a tale of woe and anguish, who makes the choice to starve their child rather than get productive? I'm not going to reward that sort of thinking, I don't have a steady income coming in and if I do, I will go down to the mall and take a Saleslady job and get ready to swallow all embarrassment from friends finding out. I'll give her money after she has the baby and puts it up for adoption and gets fitted with a 5-year Contraceptive.

I really don't fault any of what you said because it is the truth.
I just hope she can sift the the "harshness" and see the wisdom you have proffered.
I just tried the number again, still switched off.
Re: People Please Have Mercy On Me Before I Die by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2016

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply)

10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.