Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (64733 Views)

President Buhari And His Wife, Aisha Back In Abuja After Sallah (Photos) / Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
Kai.. a man who can't manage his own home is managing a complex country like Nigeria shocked

Dear Lord, I plead you give me a FUTURE wife who I will humbly wash her feet and she will wash mine in return and not like this Buhari kind of wife undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
YesItWillWork:
really? like seriously?

You stand next to a female President and state that your wife belongs in the kitchen and bedroom?? Sadly, I think we have just witnessed the beginning of the fall of Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
soberdrunk:
Like a boss!!! grin grin The "feminists" will not like this....... grin grin
i won't take this seriously because they are northerners and if Buhari decides that she should stay indoors there is nothing anybody can do about it.
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Nzobodo: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
Continue to deceive yourself with those cabinet members in Aso Rock. If you don't quit playing games with them, I won't tolerate you in 2019. I've had it up to my neck. I will tell BBC more things since you said I belong to the kitchen and bedroom. Enough is enough!

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by 989900: 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
It's funny how people like taking paracetamol for other people's problem. He said "my wife", not your or our wife.

He said that right next to Merkel, and you think he is totally oblivious of what he is doing, or oblivious to the fact that women can and do run things?

How this relates to Trump grabbing other married/unmarried women's p***y, beats me. Trump didn't say he'd like to grab his wife's puna.ni.

BTW, you call the man a dullard, but he's just successfully changed the convo to that of gender equality/inequality -- mission accomplished -- main issue forgotten.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Xapio: 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
crixtex:

Bros.. Buhari knows dem... He will send EFCC after them, d worse is dey will bring out placards to support deir corrupt leaders. ..

Assuming dey listened.... cheesy
They've not seen anything yet.. The president is a proud member of this Mafia and he attended all their meetings before the 2015 election where they categorically stated that power MUST return to north or they execute their plan B which is war.. Now they've gained the power and they are ready to do whatever it take to consolidate and hold grip of that power.. The game just began!
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by peterphd(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
soberdrunk:
You know this!
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Excuzeme: 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
newbornmacho:
Fossilised old brain of an naked king
When this story was first reported I thought it was a joke. Now its clear the headstrong dullard is also shameless.

Why is the life of people like YOU so full of hate?

Is it just poverty?
Is it a combination of poverty and ignorance
Or do we add tribal hatred to the mix?

You are killing yourself SOFTLY but you dont know. grin grin

Meanwhile, Buhari is flexing all over the globe
. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Ngasky(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
The truth is apart from wife of the President what position is she talking from?
Nigerians voted for a party APC and candidate Buhari/ Osinbajo not Aisha.
To all feminists and assumed feminist if you wanted to be recognised in terms of government we should change the constitution to make the office of the first lady an elective post so that whoever became President we elect a spouse for him as wife

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by peterphd(m): 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
awa:
Buhari should not insult the female folk. This statement is the climax of insensitivity to female gender from a President.
Aisha like every other woman in Nigeria deserve an apology from the president.
This is not 18th century just in case the President has forgotten.
Like Donald Trump like Buhari.
Hehe be there fooling yourself. White Knight racing to save females

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Haywhymido(m): 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
Admin401:

Dude, there like literally no need to defend Buhari in this one, he just showed you how he regards his wife as someone who shouldn't take part in men's affair (aka politics)
How much more other women? that is backward thinking. This is 21st century, wake up. A woman is about to be the president of the most powerful country on earth and you want to defend a man that thinks his wife should stick to kitchen and palour. Don't even try to take what he said "literally" because there is a lot of meaning in what he said.
though I'm not in support of his reply. But on a serious note what concerns aisha in how her hubby runs nigeria to the extends of saying those sh!ts on tv. Is she the president the people voted in ? Those words r ment to said in their house. A woman is abt to become d president of the blah blah. Did she poke nose into her husband's affair, said bedroom words on air while he was in power? Though the advices she gave r gud but they r not ment to be said on tv.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Wadeoye(m): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
JumiR:
President Buhari has reacted to the interview his wife Hajia Aisha Buhari granted the British Broadcasting Corporation(BBC) where she said she may not support his re-election bid in 2019 if he so decides to run. Buhari reacted to this interview to reporters in Germany where he stood side-by-side with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Speaking on his wife's interview, President Buhari said, "I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."

Buhari, who laughed off his initial statement, further told the reporters that he hopes his wife will remember that he ran for president three times before succeeding on the fourth attempt. In his words, "So I claim superior knowledge over her and the rest of the opposition, because in the end I have succeeded. It's not easy to satisfy the whole Nigerian opposition parties or to participate in the government."

http://dawntodusknews.com/wife-belongs-kitchen-living-room-room-president-buhari/

This is the man I voted for... That can't be pushed around by a woman - hopefully I will also be able to do this.

The woman is not happy that her husband is not dancing to her whims and caprices.

Compare this with the former mumu we had as president.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by rosieluv(f): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
mehn let the president and wife keep embarassing themselves in the media. And he just had to say this to his wife,really?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
4everGod1:
I said it earlier on another thread that her comments when bbc interviewed her shows she wanted to be part of the running of the affairs of the Nation and was advocating that her husband surround himself with northern loyalists but Buhari is having none of that so she decided to hit back with that interview.

Buhari has spoken well. A man of few words who will not give an inch for anybody not even his wife when it comes to the running of Nigeria.

Yes as far as the Nigerian government is concerned there is NO OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY SO SHE BELONGS TO HIS KITCHEN, LIVING ROOM AND THE OTHER ROOM.

Case closed!

#ISTANDWITHBUHARI.

A man that single handedly chased away investors with his "few words" in other country and you think he has spoken well?
You are far gone, at this point even if Buhari steps on your balls and crush it you will still be convinced that he is doing it for your own good
You brain is being controlled in a way that even you don't understand.
Saraki confirmed what Aisha has said but what does he know, he's probably not running any affairs in Nigeria even as the senate president. He just wants to be part of the arms of government. Am i right?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by repogirl(f): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Wow, this man has no clue ...... just because Angela Merkel is laughing doesn't mean she is laughing with you o. Fool.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by 4nobody4every1: 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
soberdrunk:
tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Newmanluckyman(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
JumiR:
President Buhari has reacted to the interview his wife Hajia Aisha Buhari granted the British Broadcasting Corporation(BBC) where she said she may not support his re-election bid in 2019 if he so decides to run. Buhari reacted to this interview to reporters in Germany where he stood side-by-side with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Speaking on his wife's interview, President Buhari said, "I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."

Buhari, who laughed off his initial statement, further told the reporters that he hopes his wife will remember that he ran for president three times before succeeding on the fourth attempt. In his words, "So I claim superior knowledge over her and the rest of the opposition, because in the end I have succeeded. It's not easy to satisfy the whole Nigerian opposition parties or to participate in the government."

http://dawntodusknews.com/wife-belongs-kitchen-living-room-room-president-buhari/
... If a presidential candidate makes this comment in abroad, that's suicidal let alone the President. I am so disappointed with this comment.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by alphajoe: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
I have said it over and over that mr. Buhari don expire the war really started in their living room

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Excuzeme: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
vodutive:

You stand next to a female President and state that your wife belongs in the kitchen and bedroom?? Sadly, I think we have just witnessed the beginning of the fall of Buhari.

When did Aisha become a Female Chancellor Merkel.......... or when did Buhari become Mr. Merkel?

Buhari is talking about HIS WIFE, not Angella Merkel

And BTW, Buhari, if his health permits, will win again in 2019 (we will vote just as we did in 2015), as long as he continues in this path of rebranding Nigeria and crippling corruption.

His domestic flexing is his personal problem

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
soberdrunk:

I think many women take feminism a step or 2 too far but and I think Aisha messed up by granting such an interview but after his comment, If I were a woman in his cabinet, I would tender my resignation immediately.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by tete7000(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
See hypocrisy, the man didn't know this when he took his wife and daughters to United Nation general assembly.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
Excuzeme:

When did Aisha become a Female Chancellor Merkel.......... or when did Buhari become Mr. Merkel?

Buhari is talking about HIS WIFE, not Angella Merkel

And BTW, Buhari, if his health permits, will win again in 2019 (we will vote just as we did in 2015), as long as he continues in this path of rebranding Nigeria and crippling corruption.

His domestic flexing is his personal problem

I agree with you that Aisha should have kept her mouth shut and is the root cause of the problem but his response is just as bad hers. A good wife does not huniliate her husband in public, she is not 1st lady and we did not vote for her, she is an overambitious housewife who does not know her place.. but you need to get some sense, as a president,you don't make such a statement on the international stage. A man with sense would simply say something like " it's unfortunate" or "no comment" or if must talk "my wife is entitled to her opinion but he people did not vote for her"

You don't in 2016 open your mouth in front of the world's press, next to a woman who is probably the most powerful woman in the world and your host and say that a woman belongs in the kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Saicology212: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
I hope he said all of that in Hausa, because if that German woman hear say him wife belong to his kitchen, na this night BooBoo go return Naija

When woman wan begin to dey quarrel ehn!!!
I'm pretty sure Madam asked for access to some easy cash which was blocked by Mr. "Upstanding Gentleman", and which led to this public denouncement.

Madam Aisha must have illustrated her point with the on-going EFCC investigation on Mama Peace and how Uncle Jonah must have been very flexible and amenable to allow her access to some "medical expenses". So she must have demanded for hers which Oga happily declined.

Perhaps she pulled the "I won't cook and do the other STUFF for your" stunt......and BooBoo called her bluff.

So Madam was left with no choice than to call for an Exposé, and what better medium than the bastion of every evil news unmasked: the BBC.

Abeg Oga BooBoo, quick quick settle this domestic wahala before wikileaks follow join the matter O. A word is enough for the wise......
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by devilson(m): 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
let me make trouble small

Beremx modath1 nd ngeneukwu is it true u guys are only useful in their kitchen

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Mikkyblack: 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
That was y buhari has said nobody should broadcast his wife speech because she want to speak d truth....#We don't need change
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by searay(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
Haywhymido:
how old r u? How did the phrase my wife{aisha} represent women? When did aisha become minister of women affairs? R u trying to be funny or u av comprehension problem? Tell me plz

I'm old enough to be your father.
So in your own opinion what can you deduce from the statement.
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by pimplucious: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
I bet wailers are busy finding what the price of the jewelry Aisha has on in that pic is so they can have something else to wail about grin
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by 4everGod1: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
Admin401:

A man that single handedly chased away investors with his "few words" in other country and you think he has spoken well?
You are far gone, at this point even if Buhari steps on your balls and crush it you will still be convinced that he is doing it for your own good
You brain is being controlled in a way that even you don't understand.
Saraki confirmed what Aisha has said but what does he know, he's probably not running any affairs in Nigeria even as the senate president. He just wants to be part of the arms of government. Am i right?

I am igbo and speak in favour of Buhari so take that!

Why would Saraki not stand with Aisha as long as he can get his own pound of flesh after being trolled by the government for corrupt practices.

What is going on between Buhari and Aisha is bedroom talk and Aisha STUPIDLY brought it out to the open due to her selfishness and not true patriotism.

Buhari even tried to protect her by asking that the interviee not be aired and even after it was aired he still made a joke of the whole thing but has passed the message across to her both in germany and at home.

WE HAVE NO OFFICE OF THE 1ST LADY so she should mind to her home...PERIOD! He it was who ran for office 3 times and not her. He it was who had been in office before and not her. He knows way more than she does so whats her fuss?

People have been whispering into her ears and instead of listening to her husband she is listening to people outside her home and with disregard for her home and image she dropped that silly interview. If you really investigate the BBC news report you would b shocked to discover that she was probably the one who requested to have an interview done and not the other way round.

#ISTANDWITHBUHARI.
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by edris09(m): 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
JESUS !!! THIS GUY CRACK ME UP.....WHICH KIND OPA EYIN U WON SELL FOR OUR PRESIDENT
IMASTEX:
Mr. President my interest is in that "other room" hmm.

You need our herbal tea to meet up with her demand in that other room. See signature for contact.
Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Sheggy13(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:
Afonjas and Zombies will call her a wailer

Don't ever insult the woman who cooks your food, 20 naira can buy rat poison

Meanwhile, hunger is killing the Afonjas but they will rather die of hunger than say something about Buhari
Only God will cure you of your obsession with Yorubas. Your stupidity even led you to operate a moniker which translates to you spitting on your lineage and ancestors.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
I'm utterly disgusted but honestly, not surprised. I simply feel sad for my country sad

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' by Originalsly: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
awa:
Buhari should not insult the female folk. This statement is the climax of insensitivity to female gender from a President.
Aisha like every other woman in Nigeria deserve an apology from the president.
This is not 18th century just in case the President has forgotten.
Like Donald Trump like Buhari.
This is still Nigeria... still Africa.... not the USA..different culture.... Buhari should drop his and adapt someone else's? Guy lighten up...get a sense of humour... at least Buhari just showed he has one... maybe too coded for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Masquerade Kneels, Begs Buhari To Free Nnamdi Kanu (Pix, Video) / Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / South Leaders To Malami: Why Is Amotekun Illegal & Hisbah Legal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.