Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju (41284 Views)

Apc Rally In Umuahia, A Case Of Runaway Nun Talking Ill Of The Convent / Not Until I'm Disgraced by lasisi olagunju / Fayemi Denies Attacking Bola Tinubu, Says He Can Never Speak Ill Of Tinubu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Omeny: 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
sarrki:
Did you say oil ?

Oil is in all part of Nigeria now

Pls bro wake up

In Lagos , bauchi and lake Chad

So the era of our oyel money is gone

How many barrels are these oil that u claimed are found everywhere in Nig now adding to the ones in the Niger-delta for Nig?
Hehehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Tundeobama(m): 10:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yorubas set the pace and others follow no matter your hatred we are winners.we lead in all ramifications cry on nairaland till tomorrow we will still dominates every sector, maybe na we we talk say make your land no det habitable foreigners are investing in ogun ibadan daily.hate us we are born to dorminate

7 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
oh
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Earth2Metahuman: 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
bayelsaowei:
oboy you finish work..

Lagos must be mad for asking for some special treatment..

We all made lagos what it is..if we all leave Lagos becomes a skeletal city..

please leave Lagos..

5 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by LorDBolton(m): 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
AnambraDota:
When Yorubas talk how much lagos made others i start wondering why lagos aint making all these army of jobless yoruba youth living with their parents in lagos squatter without ventilation.

What is lagos waiting for to make millions of yoruba youths that flock pubs by 6AM to drink while every weekend they troop to betting centers to play football pools thinking that billions is on the horizon.

Go tot major markets, parks and shops in Lagos and weep for yoruba youths, i wonder how they stay in those houses at agege, ajegunle, mushin, orile, shomolu etc with its poor states.

Why isnt lagos making those yorubas living in makeshift structures at isale eko, makoko and ilaje?

Why do yorubas think everybody owns lagos a rattass for being successful there, why are all these fuss about lagos self.

If lagos is favorable to people why isnt she favoring her citizens first instead of foreigners?

Are u saying all these things u mentioned are not obtainable in anambra?

Guy grow up even the racist whites have a tag for useless whites..."white trash". Thus u don't need people to tell u inhabitants of a city will still dominate the agbero side.

Once again are u saying there are no 'area boys" in. The east? Betting pool boys? Etc?

Emancipate yourself from myopia

7 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by kunleham(m): 10:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:
What does Lagos actually contribute to the National economy?

The FG and corporate environment are lamenting over recession induced not from a slump in business activities in Lagos but because of a fall in oil pricing at the intl market?

If Lagos was so economically relevant, why hasn't Lagos found a way to rescue our economy?

The answer to this is simply that Lagos is a mere beneficiary and not in any way a driving force of the nigerian economy.

There are now more functional operating companies in Ogun State and along Ibadan Expressway than there are in Lagos. That thus rules Lagos out as a leading industrial hub.

The only skewed advantage Lagos has over any state is the domicialation of corporate and financial headquarters (a throw back to the time Lagos was the political capital of Nigeria) and also the monopoly Lagos ports enjoy ( due to an intentional anti developmental policy towards the SS/SE by the FG after the civil war).

Even the VAT claimed is not only from yoruba Lagos but from Nigerians from every nook and cranny residing and working in Lagos.

So why should Lagos get more than it has unduly gotten from over the years?
Pathological liar. What's the source of this contraption you just vomited. E dey pain you, for posterity sake, Yoruba's are the owner of Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by wellstryme(m): 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
Back then in Mushin around 2004,there was no single igbo in Mushin,I only met some Igbo when we moved to our house in Alakuko,you lots invaded Lagos when development set in,so stop claiming you developed Lagos,you have potentials to be the best region in Nigeria but the way you don't stay to develop your land is your barrier

9 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by gentlelarry(m): 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
bayelsaowei:
oboy you finish work..

Lagos must be mad for asking for some special treatment..

We all made lagos what it is..if we all leave Lagos becomes a skeletal city..

but u can't leave, can you? NO! So shut the hell up and keep enjoying ur stay in lasgidi... its not Yoruba fault that we were so accommodating and we understood early that we as a tribe can't do it on our own, our arms were wide open and we always welcome all. The question you people should ask ourself is, are you people "tribe" welcoming in your region? U know urself d answer... So u people should keep dreaming and hating for all we care... All na story for d God's and if anybody thinks Lagos is not for Yoruba Race u can simply give us d address to ur lagos residence make we show Oba Of Lagos... Our lagoon never dry.

7 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
ohhhh
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Omeny: 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
omonnakoda:
No actually it was not when you do plus and minus ie. Net. Nigeria owes Lagos. Niger Delta oil came on stream after 1973. How was the Nigerian Civil war funded? The Port in Lagos has brought in trillions of Naira into the coffers of Nigeria for minimal investment.

Lagos was the port that sustained Nigeria for 70 years before it started oil exports

Haba now bros?
I expected more than this from u nau.
I mean, you are bigger than this petty lies because of mere sentiment.Get things straight nau and don't dose out false claim to pple.
Just go and google when oil was discovered in Nig and when exploration started.
The world is now a global village you know and information is now readily available everywhere.To say Niger-delta oil came on stream 1973 beats my imagination.
You talk of Lagos sea ports as if it became how it is now over-night and believe u me there are still rooms for change and transformation everywhere.

Like I said before,I live and sch(Unilag) all in lagos, I know what I go through to be able to achieve all these. We pray for lagos everyday nay Nig but this unnecessary sentiments that will do us no good is what we must all shun. Imagine if Warri,Uyo or ph that has coastal lines like lagos was at least develop half like lagos by FG, imagine the ships that over-crowd sea ports in lagos has alternative in Eastern port, Onne port, Calabar port or warri port? Imagine biz these things will spread across Nig.
Do u even know that, it is a risk to have a single entry point to Nig as a Nation when the Atlantic Ocean spreads from lagos up to ND down to bight of Benin which spread into gulf of guinea? We are not a land-locked country for God sake.

2 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by gentlelarry(m): 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
wellstryme:
Back then in Mushin around 2004,there was no single igbo in Mushin,I only met some Igbo when we moved to our house in Alakuko,you lots invaded Lagos when development set in,so stop claiming you developed Lagos,you have potentials to be the best region in Nigeria but the way you don't stay to develop your land is your barrier
No mind them... Low thinkers. All dey know is to say Yoruba's are coward... Na xo we dey coward our way into development and we won't stop.

7 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Justiceleague1: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
sarrki:

Online activist I ear you

Am very sure all your ranting won't even hit the front page

Not to talk of the people in power to read of it
i wonder how you fail to realise that you are quoting people way far more intelligent than you...your lines are few and 100% senseless..pls concentrate on reading comments grin

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Omeny: 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
omonnakoda:
No actually it was not when you do plus and minus ie. Net. Nigeria owes Lagos. Niger Delta oil came on stream after 1973. How was the Nigerian Civil war funded? The Port in Lagos has brought in trillions of Naira into the coffers of Nigeria for minimal investment.

Lagos was the port that sustained Nigeria for 70 years before it started oil exports

Haba now bros?
I mean, you are bigger than this petty lies because of mere sentiment.Get things straight nau and don't dose out false claim to pple.
The world is now a global village you know and information is now readily available everywhere.To say Niger-delta oil came on stream 1973 beats my imagination.
You talk of Lagos sea ports as if it became how it is now over-night and believe u me there are still rooms for change and transformation everywhere.

Like I said before,I live and sch(Unilag) all in lagos, I know what I go through to be able to achieve all these. We pray for lagos everyday nay Nig but this unnecessary sentiments that will do us no good is what we must all shun. Imagine if Warri,Uyo or ph that has coastal lines like lagos was at least develop half like lagos by FG, imagine the ships that over-crowd sea ports in lagos has alternative in Eastern port, Onne port, Calabar port or warri port? Imagine biz these things will spread across Nig.
Do u even know that, it is a risk to have a single entry point to Nig as a Nation when the Atlantic Ocean spreads from lagos up to ND down to bight of Benin which spread into gulf of guinea? We are not a land-locked country for God sake.
Lastly,Nigeria was already swimming in oil boom even before the civil war,if you doubt it,ask the British that just left Nigeria then or google it.

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Justiceleague1: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
arresa:

The usual ipob shallow, ignorant, thoughtless and misguided nonsense..
always empty....

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Sanni45(m): 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
ianSweet:

Pls remove Kwara from that your list. Kwara is not part of the SouthWest, it belongs to the middlebelt and full of many tribes whose allegiance and existence is tied to Sokoto caliphate.
Hey,miss,forget about d geo-political zones,which is for administrative convenience.Kwara might be full of many tribes..It is a Yoruba state..Go to offa,omupo,Ajase opo etc.Then u will get what I am saying.

2 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Justiceleague1: 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
oduastates:
First of all, I wrote Nigeria off a long time ago.
Like my cousin said, you are beating a dead horse if you think the country will come good.
The problems the government is struggling to deal with is child's play compared to what is piling up.
The population growth alone is destined to make the country a basket case ,not to talk of desertification.

Those asking for special status are stupidd.
You are asking for special status out of your own money again?
When Awo was building industrial estates all over the place, the rest were conspiring on how to destroy him. That is when they weren't looting.
What they should be asking for is derivation or else.
If they disagree, get mathematicians to model a state domicile tax on corporate gross income on all companies in yorubaland. The companies can take as deductibles on their corporate tax to the federal government.
If the FG resist, the FG can go to court.
In the meantime, Ambode and other yoruba governors should move quick and clear all those illegal settlements along the coast and creeks of yorubaland.
The illegal settler are destroying the wildlife which are necessary for tourism in an independent yorubaland.
Not a day goes when an alligator, python etc is killed.
This guy broke it down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NygBTITUG2Q
this is one exceptionally brilliant yoruba guy..rare type
not the numerous afonja fooling themselves everywhere

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by omonnakoda: 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
Omeny:

Haba now bros?

Lastly,Nigeria was already swimming in oil boom even before the civil war,if you doubt it,ask the British that just left Nigeria then or google it.

You see we are not in a village here. Talk with FACTS. Oild was discovered in 1956? in Oloibiri what was the quantity and what was the price of oil. I already provided the answer to the latter. oil was not an economically significant comodity before 1973. If you are ignorant educate yourself and stop guessing. Nigeria fought 30 month civil war and the Delta oil was not in her control.At the end of the war Nigeria was not in debt.HOW

When was oil exploration infrastructure installed in Nigeria? over what time frame and what was the impact of the civil war

IN 1966 OIL was $3.10. Tell us how many barrels of oil we were exporting in 1966

http://www.ogbus.ru/eng/authors/odularo/odularo_1.pdf

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by wellstryme(m): 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
gentlelarry:
No mind them... Low thinkers. All dey know is to say Yoruba's are coward... Na xo we dey coward our way into development and we won't stop.
And with time the aura of greatness that dwell in Lagos will reflect on the other parts of SW,one of my tenant an igbo man if he buys something today he takes it to his village,I asked him why he said na unah get Lagos now,that he is not comfortable having his properties in another land,do you know it is only igbos on nairaland that claim Lagos?,there is this igbo guy during the time of the severe Biafra campaign he came to petrol station met a lot of people he was like sell fuel for me I wan dey go,the fuel attendant was like who send you come Lagos,I could see in his eyes that the statement really hurt his feelings

7 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Decryptor(m): 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:
Nigeria does not owe Lagos a damn thing!

The sea ports you boast off plus all other major infrastructure in Lagos was built using oil proceeds.

Nigeria has well over 800km of coastline with Apapa and Tin Can ports not having berthing space of more than 5km max.

If the other coastal cities in the Niger Delta were developed with their rightful proportional revenue from their oil wealth which happened to have been diverted to Lagos, Abuja and Kano do you think your overcrowded slum village can compete?

If anything Lagos owes Nigeria and not the other way as the financial transactions entered in Lagos are geared towards other regions and not only Lagos.

And finally, what is this useless appellation for?

You guys ridiculed and dismissed the last confab as a waste of time which was meant to start Nigeria back on the road of genuine restructioning only for you to now employ almajiri tactics to beg for more money to fund Lagos?

FYI : Salt was a major trade commodity in the trans sahelian trade with Borno providing salt from Lake Chad. Some of the salt mined from the salty beds of the Chad lake found their way inland. And if you must know before any yoruba set foot in Lagos, the Binis had already occupied it as a war camp. You guys should as a matter of urgency stop claiming Lagos as a yoruba achievement because you had little or nothing to do with its initial occupation, development and financial progress.

@davodyguy, come and read!

No mind them. You couldn't have said it any better

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Oblang(m): 10:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
freeze001:
Fact is if u don't put ur back into it, u can be in Lagos for donkey years and still remain a pauper unless you're spoonfed. Let no one be under the illusion of any seeming magic outside of undue government and commercial patronage due to the status of former capital city.

The proper thing, if greed will allow some goats, is to start focusing on economic/regional integration so that there are recognised and viable commercial/industrial cities in each region to spread and fast track development as quickly as possible. This unitarian lifestyle of focusing development on only one place or state to the detriment of others us the reason Nigeria remains the way she is. Staggering, stuttering and never quite getting up!

Tell me a city where u sit comfortably in ur house and make money. Have u asked urself why abuja despite the focused development, has not attained the kind of commercial status of lagos. Lagos has bin a focal commercial hub of the country since time immemorial (it can only get better). Also why has ph not attain such level as lagos? The truth is gegraphically, lagos has bennefitted..

4 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Omeny: 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
omonnakoda:

You see we are not in a village here. Talk with FACTS. Oild was discovered in 1956? in Oloibiri what was the quantity and what was the price of oil. I already provided the answer to the latter. oil was not an economically significant comodity before 1973. If you are ignorant educate yourself and stop guessing. Nigeria fought 30 month civil war and the Delta oil was not in her control.At the end of the war Nigeria was not in debt.HOW

When was oil exploration infrastructure installed in Nigeria? over what time frame and what was the impact of the civil war

IN 1966 OIL was $3.10. Tell us how many barrels of oil we were exporting in 1966

http://www.ogbus.ru/eng/authors/odularo/odularo_1.pdf

Who's control was the delta oil during the civil war because many Niger-delta states then where on the side of Nigeria, oya tell us.
Mean while, I will read ur reply tomorrow.
Goodnight
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by bayelsaowei(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
gentlelarry:
but u can't leave, can you? NO! So shut the hell up and keep enjoying ur stay in lasgidi... its not Yoruba fault that we were so accommodating and we understood early that we as a tribe can't do it on our own, our arms were wide open and we always welcome all. The question you people should ask ourself is, are you people "tribe" welcoming in your region? U know urself d answer... So u people should keep dreaming and hating for all we care... All na story for d God's and if anybody thinks Lagos is not for Yoruba Race u can simply give us d address to ur lagos residence make we show Oba Of Lagos... Our lagoon never dry.
I leave just about anyhow and anytime...you guys had no choice but to be accommodating. .We came to improve your lives and your economy...why won't you be accommodating? ?...

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by bayelsaowei(m): 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
please leave Lagos..
we move we move with all investments...you end up with a skeletal city. ..you want that??
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Oblang(m): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
90xtr93r:

Mr 'Sufferstication', your diversionary question should be directed to the Indians, Lebanese, Americans and Italians who left their different countries to exploit and subdue Lagos.

THE BEST INDUSTRIAL CLUSTER IN NIGERIA
"Nnewi people have already blaze the trail in the area of building the nation's economy through individual efforts, I have gone round to see the factories in the town and I can say with all sense of responsibilities that this is the best industrial cluster in Nigeria. People from other areas should come to Nnewi to learn how the industrialists here are doing it."

- General Abdulsalam Abubakar, August 19, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3300590/abdulsalam-abubakar-preaches-one-nigeria-in-nnewi

U still have not answered why ur kinsmen troop into lagos for greener pasture abi u wan compare ur 2x2 shops with Lebanese investments in lagos ni because those ones are not looking for greener pasture, they are only enlarging their investments across border...

2 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by aresa: 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
muller101:
can u pls counter his points with reasonable facts? I am sure u got non.

what sane and rational people call rubbish is what Igbos call facts..

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by wiloy2k8(m): 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
wellstryme:

are you okay ... i was born in Mushin (198_)... how long have u lived in Mushin ...

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by wiloy2k8(m): 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
i just wish we could just leave with our investments ... our properties ,
Yoruba's are just haters ...they just hate and hate

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by alfarouq(m): 11:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
AnambraDota:
When Yorubas talk how much lagos made others i start wondering why lagos aint making all these army of jobless yoruba youth living with their parents in lagos squatter without ventilation.

What is lagos waiting for to make millions of yoruba youths that flock pubs by 6AM to drink while every weekend they troop to betting centers to play football pools thinking that billions is on the horizon.

Go tot major markets, parks and shops in Lagos and weep for yoruba youths, i wonder how they stay in those houses at agege, ajegunle, mushin, orile, shomolu etc with its poor states.

Why isnt lagos making those yorubas living in makeshift structures at isale eko, makoko and ilaje?

Why do yorubas think everybody owns lagos a rattass for being successful there, why are all these fuss about lagos self.

If lagos is favorable to people why isnt she favoring her citizens first instead of foreigners?
The truth is that it is man's nature to relax and be selective of what he wants and what he can't involve in when he is in his comfort zone, the immigrants have always been the backbone of every economy from countries to states. You people brag as though there are no touts and the rest in your region and to cap it all, the dream of most igbos is to go to Lagos, a northerner might care less but to a southeasterner , its a dream come true.
Most of the Igbo corpers o met during Nysc male and female harbor in them the dream to go to Lagos after there service. While most of the northerners sent to Lagos for nysc sought redeployment using medical reports and other things, some Igbo were trying to grease the palm of officials so they can be sent to Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by DonOrpzy: 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
I'm sure the guy who made the first comment will see this. He said Lagos was built with 'oyel'(ND) money...my question to him and to every other folks who are in support of his view(s), whose money was used to drill for oil and build the refineries NigerDeltans are now laying claim to solely own?. Secondly: Lagos is where it is today cos of so many factors. One of it is the support it gets from neigbouring SouthWestern states. When the great Awo was laying the foundation for a greater and better SouthWest...what were the other geopolitical leaders doing?. Lastly: You said and I quote, "The FG and corporate environment are lamenting over recession induced not from a slump in business activities in Lagos but because of a fall in oil pricing at the intl market? If Lagos was so economically relevant, why hasn't Lagos found a way to rescue our economy?" MY REPLY: www.financialnigeria.com/lagos-state-declares-n101-69-billion-revenue-for-q1-2016-sustainable-photovideo-details-435.html << Lagos state Internal revenue increased in the first quater of 2016 despite your 'oyel' price collapse. This only shows Lagos does not solely depend on one source for its revenue. Take Home Assignment: www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/207439-lagos-targets-n30-billion-monthly-revenue-2017.html The op already mentioned about how VAT is helping the country manage in this time of 'oyel' crash. And Lagos contribute a large chunk of those VAT. HAVE A NICE NIGHT. OneNigeria

7 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by obaloppelujo(m): 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ok, after reading comments from various angles i must say this . If igbo's get biafra , niger delta get its republic , hausa's get arewa republic and yoruba's get oduduwa republic , which republic owns Lagos ? Maybe the chinese. A state which has its culture , tradition , customs , languages and ethics , they have a monarch , is the oba of lagos an hausa man , The oba ojora of lagos is a fulani , The oba oyefusi of ikorodu is Igbo and the Oba elegushi is Niger Delta ?
The reason why law makers felt lagos cant be specially treated is best known to them , they might have coegent reasons for their objections , besides , lagos will still be lagos and even be more greater ,do you remember fed allocation was not given to lagos for years and heaven didnt fall ( the state survives) lagos state has the largest number of civil servant in Nigeria , while some state with less state workers and huge allocations can't pay their civil servant .

population is another key to the success of the state and i see it increase in population.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Padipadi(m): 12:06am On Oct 18, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:
Nigeria does not owe Lagos a damn thing!

The sea ports you boast off plus all other major infrastructure in Lagos was built using oil proceeds.

Nigeria has well over 800km of coastline with Apapa and Tin Can ports not having berthing space of more than 5km max.

If the other coastal cities in the Niger Delta were developed with their rightful proportional revenue from their oil wealth which happened to have been diverted to Lagos, Abuja and Kano do you think your overcrowded slum village can compete?

If anything Lagos owes Nigeria and not the other way as the financial transactions entered in Lagos are geared towards other regions and not only Lagos.

And finally, what is this useless appellation for?

You guys ridiculed and dismissed the last confab as a waste of time which was meant to start Nigeria back on the road of genuine restructioning only for you to now employ almajiri tactics to beg for more money to fund Lagos?

FYI : Salt was a major trade commodity in the trans sahelian trade with Borno providing salt from Lake Chad. Some of the salt mined from the salty beds of the Chad lake found their way inland. And if you must know before any yoruba set foot in Lagos, the Binis had already occupied it as a war camp. You guys should as a matter of urgency stop claiming Lagos as a yoruba achievement because you had little or nothing to do with its initial occupation, development and financial progress.
Lagos is a yorubaland. u can drink poison if it hurts u

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Youths Cover Beer With Voter's Cards, Chill With Ofe Nsala / Picture Of The Day. President Buhari And VP Osinbajo. / Look At What A Police Officer Did To This Guy Because Of Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.