Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju (41273 Views)

Apc Rally In Umuahia, A Case Of Runaway Nun Talking Ill Of The Convent / Not Until I'm Disgraced by lasisi olagunju / Fayemi Denies Attacking Bola Tinubu, Says He Can Never Speak Ill Of Tinubu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by RockHard: 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
jamesversion:

Apart from Lagos, no SW state can match Rivers by any developmental index. Lagos is worthy of its accolades having developed for itself a model that works. But it is not a function of Yoruba magic but rather a collective effort of Nigerians in general.

Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and AkwaIbom have the potential to get to the heights attained by Lagos, if not to even better it. Lagos has gotten enough of our commonwealth, she shouldn't unnecessarily get greedy.

You contradicted yourself by saying Lagos developed a model for itself and in another breathe saying it's not a function of Yoruba magic. Yoruba administrators are responsible for that 'magic model' you speak of. Lagos ceased from being a capital over two decades ago, and since then its administration has been firmly in the hands of Yorubas. Its prestige and acclaim since then rests on the shoulders of its Yoruba administrators who have done everything to breathe life into its abandoned infrastructure, urban renewal and phenomenal IGR increase.

Without Tinubu and his successors' ingenuous and commendable creativity in fashioning out a developmental roadplan and creating sustainable models of development for the state, Lagos gdp and igr would be a shadow of what it is today. The potential may have always been there but it took these men's uncommon vision and innovation to harness that. There's nothing stopping the likes of Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and indeed every other state/region from doing the same today with the right crop of leadership. We all saw what Akpabio was able to achieve in his state. Give the Yoruba administrators of Lagos their due credit and quit being a hypocrite.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 9japride(m): 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
shigothang:

No, evry tribes will enjoy Lagos not just the Yorubas .its just so annoying wen pple say shit and intentionally go against their host tradition. An australian Pm once warned d arabians to respect the culture and foundation of australia or get booted out of the country .its like that everywhere .I hope we focus more on our regions or state and stop relying on the centre .

An advice,I thonk d east should plan mor and develop a regional hub for bizz within their region .

Thumbs up u are on point. I believe Anambra state is working towards that. As par d issue of disrespecting the host community I don't support that. It's just some few miscreants that do that, the larger number of easterners are well behaved. Anyway, we all hope for a better country with peace, love, fairness and unity

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by RockHard: 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
90xtr09r:

Lying propagandist, you can continue your delusion...

Why not also pull out a snippet of the same Kemi Olunloyo denouncing Biafra and calling you lots bast.a.rds from SE baby factories?? You are such a hypocrite.

7 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr09r: 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
RockHard:

You contradicted yourself by saying Lagis developed a model for itself and in another breathe saying it's not a function of Yoruba magic. Yoruba administrators are responsible for that 'magic model' you speak of. Lagos ceased from being a capital over two decades ago, and since then its administration has been firmly in the hands of Yorubas. Its prestige and acclaim since then rests on the shoulders of it Yoruba administrators who have done everything to breathe life into its abandoned infrastructure, urban renewal and phenomenal IGR increase.

Without Tinubu and his successors ingenuous and commendable creativity in fashioning out a developmental roadplan and creating sustainable models of development for the state, Lagos gdp and igr would be a shadow of what it is today. The potential may have always been there but it took these men's uncommon vision and innovation to harness that. There's nothing stopping the likes of Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and indeed every other state/region from doing the same today with the right crop of leadership. We all saw what Akpabio was able to achieve in his state. Give the Yoruba administrators of Lagos their due credit and quit being a hypocrite.

You lots should stop propagating lies with your hypocrisy and unstable nature. The combination of Tinubu and Fashola are no match to any of Igbos' Peter Obi or Chris Ngige of Anambra or Chime Sullivan of Enugu State or even the current governor of Anambra - Willie Obiano.

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 9japride(m): 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
omonnakoda:
You know and I know let us leave it at that
[color=#006600][/color]

No we won't leave it like that. I am not like others that do that. I've been using this moniker for more than 6yrs now. U don't know me
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by omonnakoda: 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

No we won't leave it like that. I am not like others that do that. I've been using this moniker for more than 6yrs now. U don't know me
Ok don't leave it, but you are........

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=90xtr09r post=50277908]

4 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 9japride(m): 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
omonnakoda:
Ok don't leave it, but you are........
[color=#006600][/color]

Kia guy free me nah. Are u DSS? I say things the way I see it, it's not my type that do all those wayo wayo stuffs
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr09r: 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
shigothang:
Try and hook up with unbiased and sincere elder from ur region .he will educate you on what u don't know and whr u making mistakes.

Take out some time and go through this piece by one of your Yoruba brothers and maybe you'll gain some sense:

Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell A Adeleye -https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by RockHard: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
90xtr09r:

You lots should stop propagating lies with your hypocrisy and unstable nature. The combination of Tinubu and Fashola are no match to any of Igbos' Peter Obi or Chris Ngige of Anambra or Chime Sullivan of Enugu State or even the current governor of Anambra - Willie Obiano.

Lol. Yeah. That's why all of una still wan die ontop Lagos matter. grin grin Just fvck off my mention. Your mental state is beyond redemption. Seek help FAST!

9 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by dreams77: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
jamesversion:

You are foolish to think Yorubas developed Lagos. Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and was therefore developed by the Military regimes which were mostly Northerners. In essence, Northerners developed Lagos with oil proceeds from the ND.

Showcase the capital of another Yoruba state aside Lagos, let us see how developed it is. Foolish people.
Your daddy is foolish for bringing ur an angry ipob like you... I just wish Nigeria can split so this ipob duns can go there way...u will so suffer

6 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr09r: 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
RockHard:
Lol. Yeah. That's why all of una still wan die ontop Lagos matter. grin grin Just fvck off my mention. Your mental state is beyond redemption. Seek help FAST!

Frustrations of a deluded and deranged generation of parasites and backstabbers who are too confused to ever stand for anything good in life and yet choose to miserably earn a living out of Igbos quest for self-determination...

Useless fagg0t!

THE BEST INDUSTRIAL CLUSTER IN NIGERIA
"Nnewi people have already blaze the trail in the area of building the nation's economy through individual efforts, I have gone round to see the factories in the town and I can say with all sense of responsibilities that this is the best industrial cluster in Nigeria. People from other areas should come to Nnewi to learn how the industrialists here are doing it."

- General Abdulsalam Abubakar, August 19, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3300590/abdulsalam-abubakar-preaches-one-nigeria-in-nnewi

4 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by RockHard: 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
90xtr09r:

Frustrations of a deluded and deranged generation of parasites and backstabbers who are too confused to ever stand for anything good in life and yet choose to miserably earn a living out of Igbos quest for self-determination...

Useless fagg0t!

THE BEST INDUSTRIAL CLUSTER IN NIGERIA
"Nnewi people have already blaze the trail in the area of building the nation's economy through individual efforts, I have gone round to see the factories in the town and I can say with all sense of responsibilities that this is the best industrial cluster in Nigeria. People from other areas should come to Nnewi to learn how the industrialists here are doing it."

- General Abdulsalam Abubakar, August 19, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3300590/abdulsalam-abubakar-preaches-one-nigeria-in-nnewi

That's not what an Nnewi based industrist said about SE commerce and industry. I'll rather take his word than that of an uninformed a.b.o.ki. cheesy

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Now will you just quit mentioning me?? Jeez!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr09r: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
RockHard:
That's not what an Nnewi based industrist said about SE commerce and industry. I'll rather take his word than that of an uninformed a.b.o.ki. cheesy

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Now will you just quit mentioning me?? Jeez!

Wailing a deluded Afonja whose generation of backstabbers and parasites have merely survived by being perpetual ab0ki ass-lickers just to stay relevant in the polity and continue to gain undue advantage over others...

https://www.nairaland.com/3378585/re-nigeria-cant-stand-without-igbos-ben-bruce

"For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don't forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective."
Maj. Gen Adebayo Adeyinka (rtd.)
https://www.nairaland.com/3173893/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu

4 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=9japride post=50278424]

2 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=90xtr09r post=50278753]

4 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr09r: 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
shigothang:
I will not insult you . Pls post more to back ur point . I ve lots to back mine but don't ve d time to discuss this with u . You should ve grown more than this . Ok.

Then you need to grow up to know the truth and stand for it no matter whose ox is gored...

Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye

"...my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity...."
https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by RockHard: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
90xtr09r:

Wailing a deluded Afonja whose generation of backstabbers and parasites have merely survived by being perpetual ab0ki ass-lickers just to stay relevant in the polity and continue to gain undue advantage over others...

"For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don't forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective."
Maj. Gen Adebayo Adeyinka (rtd.)
https://www.nairaland.com/3173893/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu

Why do you keep dishing out quotes by uninformed outsiders, when a son of the soil is saying otherwise?

Anyway, that's your cup of tea. This is my last exchange with you. From hereon if you quote me you are on your own.

5 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 9japride(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
shigothang:

Let's a bit of politics .All southerners are not happy the way things r . The northerners knew given Tinubu a chance to control d centre .he will introduce some policies like regional integration whill favor the west and other southerners and to the detriment of their owm .I meant their fear.

They will only allow a westerner that has no tribal interest at heart to run d centre (like OBJ and whoever and same goes with th east and Other southerners ) to promote their own interest .
[color=#006600][/color]

No problem, it's very unfortunate that those who ruled us from the south were all a waste of space and opportunity. People never learn, the easterners whom people accused of hate are the realist kind of tribe in Nigeria. We know who the northerners are and their antics. If APC at centre remove Tinubu from power then my advice is for all westerners to denounced APC, if it happens to northerners they will never take it. Southerners needs to come together to move for a better political benefits. It's a good thing we all are a witness to what is happening, our parents failed to inform us on our history. I am very sure u'll tell ur kinds about the situation of things now so as not to make mistakes in future. As for me I am first my tribe before a Nigerian, regional politics will always happen until we as a country are matured

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr09r: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
RockHard:

Why do you keep dishing out quotes by uninformed outsiders, when a son of the soil is saying otherwise?

Anyway, that's your cup of tea. This is my last exchange with you. From hereon if you quote me you are on your own.

You can keep on with your decades old lies and propaganda against Igbos who are ever determined to have a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous parasites...

https://www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-neighbourhoods-streets-made

https://www.nairaland.com/3103641/south-east-safest-place-live-UN

5 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I don't have a problem with that, leave Lagos for d original indigene to run things. It was a former federal capital which was developed by the sweat of all Nigerians. All tribes have a stalk in Lagos, after all its d Aworis that can claim Lagos

Lagos was not developed by the sweat of all Nigerians. This was Lagos between 1940 and 1950

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjjuAi-WIvM

As you can see, the port was already busy and running and was obviously not built with oyel money.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Ahmadgani(m): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
RockHard:

Guy, you are talking rubbish. You even went as far as lying to try to misinform people. I did a fact check of your claims about California's gdp contribution to the u.s economy compared to Lagos to Nigeria's and discovered that you don't even know what you're talking about. California's gdp is $2.5-trillion while the total U.S gdp is 16.7-trillion (so Cali merely represents/contributes 15% of America's gdp and not the 30+% you claimed). Lagos gdp is $131-billion while Nigeria's rebased gdp was $510-billion (meaning Lagos contributes atleast 25% of Nigeria's overall gdp). Therefore the premise of your argument doesn't even hold water.

But in any case, Lagos will be fine while all you haters can help yourself in the Lagoon. cheesy

probably you did not read my post. you did not pay attention while your math teacher was busy teaching you simple arithmetic. 13% not 30%

Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Nigeria
was worth 481.07 billion US dollars in 2015 which has declined by 2.06% between the month of may and September do the math, that is if you can.

by the end of august Lagos GDP stands at US$33,679. do the math.

and you lied that you carried out a research, just tell us that you flip through the pages of internet with the help of your favourite teacher Mr. Google. read what you like but don't be received by all u see on the internet.

peace
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by RockHard: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ahmadgani:

probably you did not read my post. you did not pay attention while your math teacher was busy teaching you simple arithmetic. 13% not 30%

Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Nigeria
was worth 481.07 billion US dollars in 2015 which has declined by 2.06% between the month of may and September do the math, that is if you can.

by the end of august Lagos GDP stands at US$33,679. do the math.

and you lied that you carried out a research, just tell us that you flip through the pages of internet with the help of your favourite teacher Mr. Google. read what you like but don't be received by all u see on the internet.

peace

Dude, quit trying to be clever by a half coz your argument lacks any sound basis. Your data on Lagos Gdp is outdated at best (from 2010) and spurious at worst coz it's from Wiki. Okonjo Iweala rebased Nigeria's economy in 2014 and arrived at $510-billion usd, while Ambode is on record for declaring Lagos gdp at $131-billion -- he's the governor and should know,.

https://newsofnigeria.com/lagos-state-gdp-hits-131-billion/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/04/rebased-gdp-world-bank-nigerias-realities/

Those are the current facts.

8 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
k

90xtr09r:

Then you need to grow up to know the truth and stand for it no matter whose ox is gored...

Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye

"...my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity...."
https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

2 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
ok

2 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 90xtr09r: 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
shigothang:
Soon u will grow to know the truth.
Take care dude

If your folks have not been dwelling and feasting on lies and falsehood for survival this wouldn't have happened:

https://www.nairaland.com/3412653/tinubu-misled-yorubas-into-political-slavery-sen-okurounmu

1 Like

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 9japride(m): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
shigothang:
Good from u .Just pray,focus and be determined to attain ur dreams,so u can help ur tribe,region,ur country ,africa nd d world atlarge .

[color=#006600][/color]

For sure, thanks. I wish u and ur tribes men d best too
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by 9japride(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
Aigbofa:

Lagos was not developed by the sweat of all Nigerians. This was Lagos between 1940 and 1950

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjjuAi-WIvM

As you can see, the port was already busy and running and was obviously not built with oyel money.
[color=#006600][/color]

Yea no doubt Lagos is really blessed and as seen in the vidoe it's like the British started something there, but oyel money upgraded the ports and other infrastructural development in the state. U can't deny the fact that all resources were pour on Lagos. The people I pity in this present Nigeria are the Niger deltans who have refused to use their common senses, when the oyel cabals are done with them they will all go further in the sea to catch fish because their communities will be polluted.

3 Likes

Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by BarryX(m): 7:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
shigothang:

Yeah west ve well exposed,intelligent and classic beings than the east ,so also we ve touts and area boys than the east . We agree .

Only d easterners claims to be better than the westerners ,whil other tribes and othe nationals believed the westerners are more exposed (sages,sophistiated and the home of beaurecrats) than d easterners .
With these spellings.. hmm!!

Continue
Re: You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju by comrChris(m): 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
You people should continue killing yourselves here on nairaland while the real people are busy owning properties n investing in lagos..only the poor stricken people have this kind of time for worthless argument.

I have travelled to so many states n some are working very hard in creating a conducive environment for investors n in a very short time the population in lagos will reduce

As long as this country continue to exist every state is important n belongs to all nigerian. .there is nothing special in lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) / Buhari’s Top Aide In Trouble Over Attempt To Usurp Osinbajo’s Powers / President Buhari Delivers Address At Bola Tinubu's 12th Colloquium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.