Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,076 members, 7,957,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

Alarm #Nlwriters - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alarm #Nlwriters (28483 Views)

How To Get Up Right Away When Your Alarm Goes Off / The Connection Is Now..( For All Nlwriters) / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Creeza(m): 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
I'm not the best guy to ask for opinions. Trust me, but Ralph , hmm the bad boy! No comments,

Why is kels nt a main character? Or is that an alias?
grin

Denzel Washington, hmm he should just let Kim have a peaceful problem management- her family.

Thats mine, Its Useless I know. But hey! check my signature grin before you judge me, just yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by akinkudin: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kim is obviously the protagonist in the story, so we all trying to like/understand her. She is in a crazy marriage and trying to do things right by her daughter. She makes decisions on the spot without thinking of their consequences and has in the past given herself to debauchery which cost her the loss of relationship with her family.

Tara is a self entitled individual who thinks she is better than everyone. She hangs with people she feels are not up to her level so as to always get the feeling of importance. She probably was devastated when Ralph chose Kim over her.

Denzel gives the impression of care and affection but there's the feeling that he's hiding something. Probably someone that has a family somewhere or perhaps children out of wedlock.

Ralph for some reason has his heart stuck on Jennifer. After two girls & even a kid he still goes back to her. He was into hard drugs and we don't know if he's clean now. Kim was an adventure & after the initial infatuation he can't seem to find any attachment to her apart from their daughter.

Hailey is just a kid caught in the middle of a dysfunctional family. Her parents are undecided with what they want and as a result she has gained understanding of relationship from their behaviours (as seen when she ignored kim)

Favorite character: Kim's mom..lol

Leriebloom is the awesome writer who is capturing our imagination

2 Likes

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by iykekelvins(m): 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
Leriebloom:

Cool. I do love your analysis smiley
Gracias Mademoiselle wink

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 11:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
akinkudin:
Kim is obviously the protagonist in the story, so we all trying to like/understand her. She is in a crazy marriage and trying to do things right by her daughter. She makes decisions on the spot without thinking of their consequences and has in the past given herself to debauchery which cost her the loss of relationship with her family.

Tara is a self entitled individual who thinks she is better than everyone. She hangs with people she feels are not up to her level so as to always get the feeling of importance. She probably was devastated when Ralph chose Kim over her.

Denzel gives the impression of care and affection but there's the feeling that he's hiding something. Probably someone that has a family somewhere or perhaps children out of wedlock.

Ralph for some reason has his heart stuck on Jennifer. After two girls & even a kid he still goes back to her. He was into hard drugs and we don't know if he's clean now. Kim was an adventure & after the initial infatuation he can't seem to find any attachment to her apart from their daughter.

Hailey is just a kid caught in the middle of a dysfunctional family. Her parents are undecided with what they want and as a result she has gained understanding of relationship from their behaviours (as seen when she ignored kim)

Favorite character: Kim's mom..lol

Leriebloom is the awesome writer who is capturing our imagination

Awww, how sweet.

Thanks for helping out smiley

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Leriebloom:
So guys, I want us to have an interactive section. I actually want to build more on my characters so I am going to be asking,

Who is your favourite character?

What do you think of all the major characters in the story?
Tara
Ralph
Kim
Denzel

my favorite character is Hailey, she touches my heart wen ever I read any update.

Tara has a good heart I think but she's spoilt n feels entitled to whatever comes her way.

Ralp is a kid who needs to grow up n I think he ought to start thinking of someone else apart from himself.

Kim : She deserved what she got but what I don't understand is why she's still with him.

Denzell I think he has a closet full of secrets n he's not really as nice as he seems. he seems too smooth for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
Episode 12.

Kim was about to speak when Kells beat her to it.

"Tara is mummy's best friend " she said bending a little to touch Hailey's face.

Hailey raised a brow in confusion," but momma has no friends. Mum tell her" she said tugging at Kim's hand.

Kim swallowed hard.

What was she going to say?

That she snatched her best friend's boyfriend?

There was no way she was going to say that.

"baby, mummy had a best friend once upon a time " Kim said softly.

" I would love to meet her mummy " Hailey said jumping with excitement causing Kells and Kim to exchange a look.

Kells forced a smile," mummy and Tara are no longer friends. Tara was bad, so mummy had to get rid of her. Bad friends influences you negatively"

A slight frown marred Hailey's face, "What did she do that was bad?" she asked with curiosity.

Kim sighed exasperated, "enough with your questions already" she said sternly, causing Kells and Hailey to look at her in shock.

Hailey looked like she was going to cry.

Kells looked like she was going to open her mouth and say something, but she stopped.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Six years ago.

Kim loved the lifestyle she was leaving.

A life of fame, where she got to be shown on TV.

You see, the thing here was that Ralph's father was a legend in the movie industry and his mother was
a British woman who had her clothing line in Nigeria.

It was amazing how much attention Ralph got from the media. Ralph was a man every girl wanted, but she had him.

Tara was already suspecting something was up, giving the fact that they were always shown together.

Kim was typing on her laptop when Tara batched into her room.

"Kimberly Peterson, what is this?! " she all but screamed, causing Kim to look up in shock.

She saw Tara pointing a picture of her and Ralph. Her holding Ralph's arm and her head thrown back in laughter with Ralph staring at her intensely. Kim noticed that the picture had been taken at the beach. It must have been one of Ralph's fan girls who had taken the picture.

Tara frowned, 'Damn it!, you still haven't answered me. Why is Ralph looking at you this way eh? " she asked with anger and jealousy written all over her features.

" it's just a picture Tara, I really don't know why you have your panties in a twist" Kim said putting her system aside as she turned her concentration fully on Tara.

Tara frowned, "oh my gawd, look at this tramp talking to me like this. Kim who the heck are you to open your mouth and talk to me" she asked shoving Kim with a manicured finger.

Kim stood up in annoyance. "And who do you think you are, a goddess or what?" she asked with a frown.

Tara laughed cynically, "oh my God, see this small thing that I made" she said talking to herself.

Kim frowned, "You have no right to come to my room and insult me. I want you out of my sight now" she said pointing at the door.

Tara smiled. "You have no idea what you have gotten yourself into, enjoy while it last, it's only going to be for a while" she said walking out.

⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕ ⭕

Kells stared at her elder sister with a frown when Hailey had finally gone to the sitting room.

"You didn't have to do that "Kells said still frowning.

Kim sighed," you don't know my daughter as much as I do, she would have kept on asking questions until she had gotten the truth, I know Hailey really well "

Kells was still frowning," but that's no way to treat a child " she said trying to make her sister understand.

" That was the only way to shut her up, please let's stop talking about this " she said ending the topic.

" so why did you come back, I thought that I was never going to see you again " Kells said with so much sincerity causing guilt to rush through her.

" I missed you, I missed our family, that was why I came back" Kim said softly causing Kells to roll her eyes.

"I know that's a lie, I am not a five year old. I know that the reason you are back is not because of your love for this family. You are running away from something that that's why you are here, I can bet my life on it" Kells said plainly.

"why would you think that I am running from something? " Kim asked raising a brow in question.

" that's what you always do Kim, when you have a problem you run instead of facing it,that's what you did when you left six years ago" Kells said bluntly causing Kim's eyes to go teary.

"Kells the pressure was so much on me then, I was pregnant and I knew that I had brought shame on our family. I thought about what people would say, what the church would say. I had disappointed this family and I knew it. The only way to get rid of the shame was to cut ties, I am so sorry if my absence had hurt you" she said tears rolling down her cheeks like little crystals.

"I hated that you left. You left every one hanging, even Tara. Tara became a part of us, she was always there to fill in the gap" Kells said softly causing Kim to give her her full concentration.

"What do you mean by Tara filling in the gaps? " Kim asked wiping her tears.

Kells frowned at the question," the gap you obviously created. Tara had been nothing but nice to us. She told us how you stole Ralph from her. I can't believe that you would do that Kim. You snatched another woman's man. That is just out of it " she said bluntly leaving Kim speechless for a bit.

" What exactly did she tell you? " Kim asked, her heart beating.

" Everything " Kells said looking straight into Kim's eyes.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by iykekelvins(m): 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hmm, I'm itching to hear what Tara told kels

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Creeza(m): 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Captivating piece. More ideas to your twist. Ride on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 9:56pm On Nov 21, 2016
Creeza:
Captivating piece. More ideas to your twist. Ride on!

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by akinkudin: 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
Another nice one Leriebloom!

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by LoveSpirit: 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hailey had better mind her colouring book.. Must she know everything? Kells too, you talk too much. You guys should stop troubling Kim for me please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 6:43am On Nov 22, 2016
akinkudin:
Another nice one Leriebloom!

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Jay542(m): 7:05am On Nov 22, 2016
What could Tara have said that can make kells believe her more than her sister
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Prinxxdave: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2016
Jay542:
What could Tara have said that can make kells believe her more than her sister
the Truth
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Jay542(m): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Prinxxdave:
the Truth
How do you know the truth sir.
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by drnairalov: 6:16am On Nov 25, 2016
passing by

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by iykekelvins(m): 11:16pm On Nov 25, 2016
Leriebloom just forget person.
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Jay542(m): 10:47am On Nov 26, 2016
Nasoo leriebloom dey put Men on hold. Smh
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by yorhmienerd(m): 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
Everything, Captivating

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Episode 13.

Kim was really confused about every single thing. She wasn't expecting to hear that Tara had been close to her family when she had left them to Lagos.

"I don't understand what you mean by everything "Kim said with a frown.

Kells glared at her elder sister" mum won't like the idea of me telling you anything" she said plainly causing Kim's frown to deepen.

"mom is not here, so I want to hear every single detail of what she told you " Kim said with all seriousness.

Kells sighed in defeat," I knew that you were ambitious but what I never knew was what length you would go through to achieve your dirty fantasy. You used Tara's wealth as a stepping stone to your dreams. You influenced her negatively, you introduced her to drugs because you wanted to try it. You made her go in so deep that it was so difficult for us to help her out of it. Then, you stole her man and worse of all, you went ahead to get pregnant for him. You are my elder sister but I would tell you when you are wrong. Kim, you were wrong to have destroyed Tara's life".

Kim's mouth was opened by the end of Kells speech. She couldn't believe that Tara would play the guilty card. She had been the one to destroy her life. She had been the one to introduce her to the world of drugs.

She needed to find Tara.

"Is Tara in town? " Kim asked already standing up.
Kells stared at her with a raised brow.

She needed to find Tara.

" What do you still want with her " Kells asked angrily.

Kim frowned," You know what?, never mind" she said walking out.

She needed to look for the woman that destroyed her life.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Kim walked into Tara's compound, and was surprised to see that the compound hadn't changed a bit.

She understood why.

No one in the house actually had the chance to change a thing.

Now she saw clearly. She understood why Tara had been so dark and wild.

She was actually lonely.

It was only a means to get a distraction from the real world.

Kim climbed the front porch and rang on the bell.

The door opened almost immediately by an elderly woman who was dressed in a blue sequenced gown matched with diamond accessories.

She screamed flamboyant.

"Good evening ma " she greeted the woman with respect, she had not forgotten her manners.

The woman smiled broadly," I know you " she said ignoring her greetings.

Kim wanted to say" I really don't think you know me. " but she refrained from saying anything.

The woman kept on staring at Kim trying to recall her face.

" yea, I know you. You are the famous script writer married to the business mogul Ralph Wales " she said still smiling broadly.

Kim smiled a little," yea, that's me " she said shyly.

" The Wales have made quite a name in the entertainment industry, little wonder why Ralph Wales didn't follow his parents footsteps " she said trying to fish out information from her.

Kim on the other was beginning to feel uncomfortable already.

" movie production isn't his thing" she said shrugging.
"Sorry, please may I come in? " she added.

" oh!, my manners. It has been so long since I answered the door, the maid took a week leave" the woman said opening the door wide for her to come in and leaving the door for Kim to close.

Kim raised a brow, and followed the woman to the sitting room.

"So, if I may ask, why are you here " she said sitting down and crossing her leg as she picked her phone from the stool to reply a message.

"i came to see Tara" she said plainly. Her chest rising in anger as she remembered why she was here.

"My daughter isn't around presently. She doesn't tell me where she goes, you know, she is a grown woman" the woman said trying to justify her actions.

"Tara and I were close friends six years ago, but I never saw you around. She was a young woman back then, but you never seemed to care about her whereabouts because you were never around" she said dryly standing up.

Tara's mother wore a fake smile, "our family is our business and not yours" she she said sternly as she continued wearing her fake smile.

"Yea, true. Like my family is my own business, tell your daughter to stay away from my family" Kim said using the same tone the woman had used while she stood up.

Tara's mother stared at Kim in confusion.

"You wouldn't understand. I suggest that you have some mother and daughter bonding with Tara. It would go a long way",she said softly and added afterwards "sorry I have to cut my visit short" she said walking out.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

When Kim got back to her parents house, she saw Hailey playing with Kells and giggling as Kells tickled her.

She was happy to see her daughter happy.

She sighed.

She needed to find Tara. To ask her why she was bent on destroying her reputation.

She turned around at the sound of her mother's voice.

"She is so beautiful and innocent. You were once like this kim" she said with a sad smile.

Kim stared at her mother with glassy eyes, "that girl is all gone" she said sniffing.

Kim's mother held her daughter's hand softly, "What happened to you baby" she asked

Kim shrugged, thinking about how she had felt being caged at home, "life happened" she said unable to look at her mother.

"I would forever see that little girl in you. You let the dark over shadow you, but it's still possible for the light to overcome. You still have it in you, it's just for you to shine forth" her mother said and Kim burst into tears.

"How can you still love me mum" she said wiping her eyes .

Kim's mother smiled sadly hugging Kim, "because I brought you to this life" she said patting her back as she led her out of the sitting room quietly.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Everything, Captivating

Thanks a bunch
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Jay542:
Nasoo leriebloom dey put Men on hold. Smh

Abeg, forgive me smiley
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
iykekelvins:
Leriebloom just forget person.

Laye I did not o
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Jay542(m): 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Leriebloom:

Abeg, forgive me smiley

I just dey observe you oo angry na 1 update you come dropsad
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by gal10(f): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2016
Lovely lovely lovely! This is beautiful! !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by LoveSpirit: 11:36am On Nov 28, 2016
Following..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Horlorlardaey: 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
Horlorlardaey is here!!!!

kwantinu
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
Leriebloom:
Heemah, akinkudin, prinxxdave, lsofdk, jay542,iykekevins,Lawlahdey, bibijay123, lovespirit, Yuneehk, Eniqurl, krystalzkris, Emodeee, Chromite, Ololadewrites Samwell247 Omeira Leighs

I'm here!!

Following like monitoring spirit

kwantinu pls
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Missmossy(f): 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
The innocent Kim is gone cheesy beautiful piece Leriebloom ladies should learn from this. More wisdom and inspiration to you dear.

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
Missmossy:
The innocent Kim is gone cheesy beautiful piece Leriebloom ladies should learn from this. More wisdom and inspiration to you dear.

Awwwn. Thanks so much
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
gal10:
Lovely lovely lovely! This is beautiful! !

Thanks so much.
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
Horlorlardaey:
Horlorlardaey is here!!!!

kwantinu

Welcome bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / The Hypocrisy Of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. / Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.