Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

I Think I'm Losing My Belief - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (37416 Views)

This Is My Belief Regarding Fish Rain / These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. / How I Lost My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by timoteus(m): 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Why did your God let them suffer in the first place?
If they die they will return to the earth and bring about more life, it is the circle of life. Live grow die. Repeat.

Lol
This is not lion king .
Live grow die... are you so sure ??
I could try preaching to you but you've had that your whole life.
Why did you create the topic self ??
Are you confused or you just looking for encouragement ? Are you searching for what to believe in ?
Waheva your reason is your business, keep searching I pray you get the answers you search for .

By the way if you had been going to church since you were a kid and you still doubt the existence of God, you've wasted alot of time in your life
Not an insult but that's the truth

3 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by joeboy4reel(m): 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
[Oga! Why U come dey carry d mata for ur head. Officer relax]are you an enemy of freedom ? someone is getting out of bondage and scam and u stil tryin to draw him back... if u wanna remain in your bondage must u take someone else with u ? i'm happy for you op for accepting the truth [/quote]
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
kaylivin:
there is a fact am so sure of .. that is the fact that there is a supreme being (yes I said its a fact )
You would be unable to prove this fact if put to the test.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
firstking01:
Read isaiah 6 you will understand the true meaning of cherubin and seraphin...it's not what mere men have made it seem...just go digest that isaiah chapt 6 then i bet you view of cherubin and seraphin will change.
sorry your literature book sucks and it's full of lies... i'd rather stick wit other literature books am reading for now

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
Immorttal:
i learnt that you are now deist. so what next. agnostic? i like how you are evolving.

What ?! shocked shocked shocked

Me a deist ?

grin grin grin

I'm a staunch Christian just that I'm very fascinated by deism . Then I want to know about other depictions of God like in pantheism , panentheism , pandeism etc and also understand the heretical teachings in Christianity , just for the sake of knowledge. And have confabulations with the proponents/adherents of those worldviews and teachings - understanding why they hold such beliefs and of course point out the weaknesses of those beliefs .

And when I tell people atheism has absolutely nothing to offer , I aint joking bruh . That sh.it is empty and vapid .

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
timoteus:

Lol
This is not lion king .
Live grow die... are you so sure ??
I could try preaching to you but you've had that your whole life.
Why did you create the topic self ??
Are you confused or you just looking for encouragement ? Are you searching for what to believe in ?
Waheva your reason is your business, keep searching I pray you get the answers you search for .

By the way if you had been going to church since you were a kid and you still doubt the existence of God, you've wasted alot of time in your life
Not an insult but that's the truth
Wrong fight guy, I didn't create the thread, I was just asking why Yahweh let innocent children suffer in the first place. Again live grow die, life is continuous.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Proffdada: 11:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
skywalker001:
if you dont know the real answer let me help u wit it. jesus(yeshua) is the son of yahweh(satan)... not all the lies u've bin reading in your story book
and how did you know this?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Me a deist ?

grin grin grin

I'm a staunch Christian just that I'm very fascinated by deism . Then I want to know about other depictions of God like in pantheism , panentheism , pandeism etc and also understand the heretical teachings in Christianity , just for the sake of knowledge. And have confabulations with the proponents/adherents of those worldviews and teachings - understanding why they hold such beliefs and of course point out the weaknesses of those beliefs .

And when I tell people atheism has absolutely nothing to offer , I aint joking bruh . That sh.it is empty and vapid .
Keep learning and you might just become an atheist by accident.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by kazyhm(m): 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
Akdegreat:
With an honest aim of understanding the nature of God and his wonder displayed in nature, I had set out on a quest for 'truth'. As a very inquisitive person, a sound background in scientific methods further fueled my already curious and inquisitive nature beyond normal.

As a kid, I asked several questions;
"Since God created everything that exist, what if God never existed, and hence nothing whatsoever exists? I often tried to picture a dark and void space remaining that way for all of eternity!! Whenever I did, I got lost in my wild imaginations"
"How did God come to be? Who created him?"
"What if God never created life? How would the earth be then? I often repeated same imaginations again but this time with planets, asteroids and other heavenly bodies. Of course I got lost again, severally"
"What if I was never born? So I would never have experienced the beauty of life? Scary!"
"Why did Lucifer ruin the Paradise? For Christ sakes we all would have been there now. Why didn't God even kill Lucifer at once earlier to prevent it? He knew the future!"

I grew up into a devote Christian with different questions;
"With the so many religions on earth could we possibly be worshipping the same God in different ways?"
"If the God I worship in the bible is the one true God and creator of the universe, would he destroy non-christians in hell simply because they worshipped him wrongly?"
"Would God really condemn a devote Christian to hell after years of righteous living simply because he erred one time and dies without repentance? Would he now allow a person who has done heinous things into paradise simply because he finally accepts the salvation story in the end?". I had many more questions that bothered my mind but I'd stop there.

These questions didn't matter so much as I still upheld the Bible as truth and lived by its doctrines. On a second thought they must have sown the seed of doubt in my mind; a seed that came to germinate later on.
A lot of things happened during my undergraduate study that shook my belief but for the sake of brevity, I'd mention a few..
I held the opinion that "compared to clerics, scientists better understood the awesomeness and magnificence of God". Come to think of it this way, with every scientific discovery, scientists reveal God's wonder in nature while clerics keep 'recycling' doctrines written in our ancient Holy Bible. The beautiful works of God in nature were unreconcilable with the barbarisms attributed to him in the bible. When some Bible claims corroborate with scientific findings we're good, but when 'outrageous' claims are found in the Bible, we are convinced that they're metaphorical with deeper meaning. Gradually, it became obvious that science had more credence compared to religion. My religiosity reduced drastically as well as my total trust in the bible as ultimate truth. Not sure anymore, I wondered if there's a creator (God) or not. I mean, 'the Bible must have so poorly described God' I thought.

Aside from bible, I sought knowledge of God from various books on religion, spirituality and nature. I read the Qur'an and it bored me. I came across "Earth's Chronicles, The 12th Planet, and other controversial books by Zecharia Sitchin. They were indeed controversial, and I asked myself 'how did he know all those things?' The works of Thomas Paine is worthy of mention. I agreed with him largely, especially his 'Age of Reason'. I discussed my thoughts with another 'thinker' (I choose not to mention his name) and he introduced me to the 'Sumerian Texts', the 'Epic of Gilgamesh' among other amazing books. Wow! What have I been doing. They shared similarities with the Bible so I couldn't help but wonder and ask more questions. 'Did I believe in a big lie all these while?' ...
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by JSoE(f): 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
zfinix:

morality was built from the bible it is the basis of what is good and what is bad. the bible is the very foundation of morality if there isnt God then why try to be good. if we just live and die so we can also do any thing we like.

Will you keep quiet?
When we tell you to read good books you'd prefer to continue thumping the bible and revelling in your delusions.
I don't have the strength to start tutoring you on morality.
Look at the picture, honey.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by dustar: 11:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
Wilgrea7:
the thing that causes this kind of stuff is curiosity... curiosity kills the cat.. follow Christianity or else you'll burn forever... hahhaahahahahaha(evil laugh)

grin

JUST KIDDING

ok .. concerning your questions... I've been there before and when u try to ask your theist friends they will accuse u of questioning God. and that can be very annoying

truth is.... the qualities i used to describe God were only from what people told me.. not from research.. when u do research you'll find out many answers.

lemme tell u something about God almighty that makes him God
1. he has no beginning... if he did then he's not God
2. he wasn't created. if he was then he's not God
3. he doesn't send anyone to a burning valley for all eternity.. that was a scare tactic used by your ancient church fathers to keep u in line.. u will be judged and either rewarded or punished according to your actions
4. he is definitely not a sadistic person as people paint him to be
5. his word is infallible.. his word is perfect.. his word is Jesus and not some book.

If u learn the true nature of God you'll know that some things ascribed to him are not actually him but someone else in disguise..

questions are gladly welcomed
its as if u fixed de puzzle in my mind about the subject. kudus!! now dats Christianity.!!! its a way of life, a way of Christ. Not dis Religion dat is dividing us.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Keep learning and you might just become an atheist by accident.

How is that even possible? I just told that atheism has nothing to offer - its empty , vapid , soporific arguments with the atheists .
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by QuietHammer(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:
True confessions cheesy grin cheesy
Ignorance is truly bliss

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by kaylivin(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

You would be unable to prove this fact if put to the test.
will u conclude that a car just appeared .. or your phone built itself by chance ... so why would you conclude that the delicate position of the earth in the solar system happened by chance .. or the complexity of human DNA happened by chance .. that we dont know how it happened does not make it logical to conclude that a creator does not exited .. I did not even read the bible to have an encounter with God .. I dont even see the bible as the express word of God .. I even believe mans manipulations is in some of its writings ... but pls open your heart to search genuinely for the creator and u will find him
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by onos217(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

You're just saying complete rubbish and you think its smart or poetic.
"I lack the belief that candy is sweet, I have knowledge of candy being sweet. I don't believe candy is sweet."
Utter crap, please don't claim what you are not.
Ha ha ha ha! Please pardon the bros;this thread is just too interesting and insightful for one o just pass by without commenting.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
JSoE:

Will you keep quiet?
When we tell you to read good books you'd prefer to continue thumping the bible and revelling in your delusions.

I strongly doubt you know anything about the contents of your meme . You obviously picked it from somewhere .
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by wtfCode: 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
ObiChiz08:
You're not alone bro
I'm gradually pulling away from religion, nothing fascinates me about going to church unlike before. Christians are suffering cos of religion, Pastors aren't helping matters at all cos they seem bigger than God. What's d essence of going to church when d messages preached are repetition of previous messages? I just hope I don't slip away fully
Mean, u just took the word away 4rm my mouth

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
kaylivin:
will u conclude that a car just appeared .. or your phone built itself by chance ... so why would you conclude that the delicate position of the earth in the solar system happened by chance .. or the complexity of human DNA happened by chance .. that we dont know how it happened does not make it logical to conclude that a creator does not exited .. I did not even read the bible to have an encounter with God .. I dont even see the bible as the express word of God .. I even believe mans manipulations is in some of its writings ... but pls open your heart to search genuinely for the creator and u will find him
If the DNA is too complex to come about by chance, then whoever created it most by infinitely more complex than it.
Hence who created the infinitely complex and intelligent God?
As anything complex cannot just appear on it's own.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by BodyKiss(m): 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
datigbogirl:

If anyone does these things you wrote up there, he'll only end up becoming psychotic which will eventually make h8m "see" god

LMAO grin

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by OlufemiWhit(m): 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Raydos:
i want to ask three questions!

(1) how often do you fast?

(2) do you pray at least 10times a day?

(3) do you distance yourself from sin?

you don't do all these things and you expect GOD to show itself to you! - scientists have tried their best to find where GOD is really is but all to no avail so they conclude that there's no GOD!

just because people Don't see GOD Face to face so they have a mere intuition that GOD Doesn't exist - but funny enough you people have never seen devil in person yet you believe he exist, every bad thing that happen to you, you believe its always the handiwork of devil.

try to do all those 3 aforementioned list up there, and i asure you that GOD will see you in spirit and he will make you understand everything.

i am a living testimony
so until someone commits himself to this task can God show himself......una sef dhy make pexon dhy turn atheist

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Immorttal: 11:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Me a deist ?

grin grin grin

well, i admire your open-mindedness and unprejudiced research. Christians seldom do that. you see, knowledge is power but ignorance restricts and can even endanger someone. ignorance is soo bad that it can even useless a man grin . i will give an example: last week, i carried my three months old brand new laptop to an engineer after a purported display problem, i was surprised upon learning that it has been turned to scrab, the guy started explaining some jagons i couldn't understand, he said that the lappy was designed for european use because of their weather bla blah. he asked how i could make this mistake of purchasing IDM system instead of INTELL despite my vast experience in computer stuffs. the thing pained me i shouted back "how could i suppose to know about idm or not" .. "i forgive your ignorance" he replied.his response calmed my nerves though. i learnt that lesson of asking questions, doing rigorous research so as to arrive in a safe position. surely your stance its one of verifiable means to separate truth from untruth. keep it on but dont rule out becoming an atheist one day, who knows.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
JSoE:

Will you keep quiet?
Nice meme. Not to mention that the bible supports rape, slavery and genocide.

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Mujtahida: 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor1:

Romans 10:9
This is what wearied me with Christianity: it's all a book thing, the book called the Bible. The christian god lives in the book, talks in the book, is very active in every page in the book, does wonders in the book, intervenes in people's lives in the book, answers prayers in the book. Christians when questioned will point to that book: did Jesus exist? - book, did he die, resurrect and ascended? -book, did pentecost happen? -book, book, book! No life, the vast majority have no direct personal experience and relationship with the things written in the book or preached in church. Even their book has warned them- the letter(book) kills... No wonder a lot of them are just lifeless and spiritually effete

4 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How is that even possible? I just told that atheism has nothing to offer - its empty , vapid , soporific arguments with the atheists .
Keeping studying bro. I'll be waiting on the day you turn atheist.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Originalsly: 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
@Op..... have you ever asked or got answers regarding how the earth or world was formed?.... how everything came to be? Listen carefully with your scientific mind and you would hear A Grade BS.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by felixomor1: 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mujtahida:

This is what wearied me with Christianity: it's all a book thing, the book called the Bible. The christian god lives in the book, talks in the book, is very active in every page in the book, does wonders in the book, intervenes in people's lives in the book, answers prayers in the book. Christians when questioned will point to that book: did Jesus exist? - book, did he die, resurrect and ascended? -book, did pentecost happen? -book, book, book! No life, the vast majority have no direct personal experience and relationship with the things written in the book or preached in church. Even their book has warned them- the letter(book) kills... No wonder a lot of them are just lifeless and spiritually effete

Quiet.
That Scripture is a response to his question
It was not a request for proof.

And moreover, if u dont mind, can u show me the evidence that your great great great great grand father existed?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Proffdada:
and how did you know this?
Your story book said little about it that jesus is d son of yahweh... And yahweh is one of d first homos(gods) that came to mak findings about the planet earth among others which are atum(eartum), chimides, largas(lucifer), murmoh, chaleb and ephradites. later many other joined them on earth which are enki, enlil, el, abassi, olorun, vinshu, odin, etc... And each god make homos(humans) and because of their fight for land and power they began SPIRITUAL POLITICS(RELIGION) which is the origin of many religions on earth today
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by XaintJoel20: 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Akdegreat:

Yes I agree with you. But I was an 'active' Christian. I was captain in our children department then. I participated and represented RCCG East 1 province in children's bible quiz severally, even at National convention in the camp. I was an active chorister. I used to sweep and clean the church premises every Saturday with my parents and siblings. Anyone who knows me can attest.
I certainly would have toiled your path if I had not taken time out to study who God really is by myself.

It's not too late to have a personal relationship with him and tell a different story.

God is Real.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
Akdegreat:
With an honest aim of understanding the nature of God and his wonder displayed in nature, I had set out on a quest for 'truth'. As a very inquisitive person, a sound background in scientific methods further fueled my already curious and inquisitive nature beyond normal.

As a kid, I asked several questions;
"Since God created everything that exist, what if God never existed, and hence nothing whatsoever exists? I often tried to picture a dark and void space remaining that way for all of eternity!! Whenever I did, I got lost in my wild imaginations"
"How did God come to be? Who created him?"
"What if God never created life? How would the earth be then? I often repeated same imaginations again but this time with planets, asteroids and other heavenly bodies. Of course I got lost again, severally"
"What if I was never born? So I would never have experienced the beauty of life? Scary!"
"Why did Lucifer ruin the Paradise? For Christ sakes we all would have been there now. Why didn't God even kill Lucifer at once earlier to prevent it? He knew the future!"

I grew up into a devote Christian with different questions;
"With the so many religions on earth could we possibly be worshipping the same God in different ways?"
"If the God I worship in the bible is the one true God and creator of the universe, would he destroy non-christians in hell simply because they worshipped him wrongly?"
"Would God really condemn a devote Christian to hell after years of righteous living simply because he erred one time and dies without repentance? Would he now allow a person who has done heinous things into paradise simply because he finally accepts the salvation story in the end?". I had many more questions that bothered my mind but I'd stop there.

These questions didn't matter so much as I still upheld the Bible as truth and lived by its doctrines. On a second thought they must have sown the seed of doubt in my mind; a seed that came to germinate later on.
A lot of things happened during my undergraduate study that shook my belief but for the sake of brevity, I'd mention a few..
I held the opinion that "compared to clerics, scientists better understood the awesomeness and magnificence of God". Come to think of it this way, with every scientific discovery, scientists reveal God's wonder in nature while clerics keep 'recycling' doctrines written in our ancient Holy Bible. The beautiful works of God in nature were unreconcilable with the barbarisms attributed to him in the bible. When some Bible claims corroborate with scientific findings we're good, but when 'outrageous' claims are found in the Bible, we are convinced that they're metaphorical with deeper meaning. Gradually, it became obvious that science had more credence compared to religion. My religiosity reduced drastically as well as my total trust in the bible as ultimate truth. Not sure anymore, I wondered if there's a creator (God) or not. I mean, 'the Bible must have so poorly described God' I thought.

Aside from bible, I sought knowledge of God from various books on religion, spirituality and nature. I read the Qur'an and it bored me. I came across "Earth's Chronicles, The 12th Planet, and other controversial books by Zecharia Sitchin. They were indeed controversial, and I asked myself 'how did he know all those things?' The works of Thomas Paine is worthy of mention. I agreed with him largely, especially his 'Age of Reason'. I discussed my thoughts with another 'thinker' (I choose not to mention his name) and he introduced me to the 'Sumerian Texts', the 'Epic of Gilgamesh' among other amazing books. Wow! What have I been doing. They shared similarities with the Bible so I couldn't help but wonder and ask more questions. 'Did I believe in a big lie all these while?' ...

But come to think of it, if there's no God, why are there MORALS. Why is it that it is bad to kill, to steal, to lie, to cheat. If there was no supreme being (God), then there's no penalty for doing evil. People shouldn't av morals

So on this basis, I think this is a simple reason to see that there is truly a God there.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by gboyeng: 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
I have the same doubt as well... I always ask myself a question." What would be the greatest disappointment to human race?" What usually come to mind is if there is no God, judgment day, heaven or hell. However, the way people preach about this God may be different as you said. I've personally embarked on morality and loving my fellow men because we may never see after death.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Proffdada: 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
skywalker001:
Your story book said little about it that jesus is d son of yahweh... And yahweh is one of d first homos(gods) that came to mak findings about the planet earth among others which are atum(eartum), chimides, largas(lucifer), murmoh, chaleb and ephradites. later many other joined them on earth which are enki, enlil, el, abassi, olorun, vinshu, odin, etc... And each god make homos(humans) and because of their fight for land and power they began SPIRITUAL POLITICS(RELIGION) which is the origin of many religions on earth today
how did you know all these?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Holy Ghost Event In Yola, See Crowd / Love Potions, Love Charms, Love Spells, Enchanted Love... / Leke Adeboye Denies Osun Election Comment: 'Na Lie, I Checked If I Was Hacked'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.