Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

I Think I'm Losing My Belief - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (37418 Views)

This Is My Belief Regarding Fish Rain / These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. / How I Lost My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by otemanuduno: 12:34am On Oct 26, 2016
Vick4rill:
were was your god when yahweh took over the earth?
Atum my god was making findings which the scientists will experience after. Atum my god doesn't fight for territory like Yahweh my dog. Atum my god is the god of Egypt(god of civilization). He isn't an angry and selfish god like yours. cheesy

However, the ALMIGHTY GOD, our GOD(the creator of all gods, including Allah, Yahweh, Atum, Vishnu) isn't concerned about possesing the earth because he has trillions of earthlike places and he is selfless.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:36am On Oct 26, 2016
obinna58:
No you are very wrong atheism Is more of a mental freedom rather than mental slavery and talking about darkness meanS you are a Dumpass

Mental slavery can defined as a state of mind where one becomes trapped by misinformation about self and the world ;and when someone is shrouded by darkness , he is lost and is vulnerable to almost anything - that's what atheism can do to you .

You lack moral compass , you have no reason to love , to have compassion , to achieve , you lack any sense of purpose and motivation because you believe there is no purpose for life , no good or evil - its a sad empty life for an atheist .

According to Atheist's high priest , Richard Dawkins :

"The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.”
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by JSoE(f): 12:37am On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin .
Sorry to spoil the fun you're having. Read my reply to the guy you quoted. grin
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Bamz(m): 12:39am On Oct 26, 2016
Seun:
Not true. You will still lose everything if the God you worship happens to be the wrong God. Only one of the Gods people worship can be true.

Well I spoke from Christian perspective. smiley
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by JSoE(f): 12:40am On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin .
Sorry to spoil the fun you're having. Read my reply to the guy you quoted. grin
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 12:41am On Oct 26, 2016
Akdegreat:
...Gradually, I had stopped going to my church as frequently as before. They had nothing new to teach me. I also began to form my opinions using empathy, rational enquiry, logic and reason rather than religious dogma. I dropped all my superstitions in favour of evidence about the natural world and things in it. I sought to understand the cause of things rather than stare at them in awe and ascribe them to unseen forces. I accepted reality, made informed decisions about my life and took responsibility for outcome of these decisions.
I suddenly developed this 'strange' love for all of humanity irrespective of religion, culture and race, as much, I try to make it enjoyable for everyone around me. Afterall, what's the point in hoping for a blissful afterlife while living a miserable life. I never felt so happy with so much satisfaction. Unfortunately, I tend to disagree severally with religious people on some issues, especially family. It's quite disheartening that they perceive me as 'bad' & 'lost'. All these happened within the space of 3 years, just before my graduation.

I joined Nairaland earlier but recently stumbled on a post and to my amazement, I wasn't alone after all. I'd love to met some people here in person e.g Johnny, winner, sharon and Seun. You guys are great. Though the atheists make such sarcastic arguments, their points are valid most of the time, while many Christians know so little about religion. These arguments really did a good job in further weakening my belief in the Bible God. If He is there, he'd understand my reasons for doubting the Bible account of him. He should be a just judge.

Well as much as so many people don't know this, the newly found zeal in humans now, especially in the younger generation is because we are entering a new age, the age of Aquarius, And its an age where humans will eventually reach their peak in spiritual enlightenment, its an age that is meant to usher in a new spiritual evolution for man, where the veils of all the lies and and mythology surrounding the true nature of the Universal mind which we all call God will be lifted off from our eyes because just as it as always been in the history of human kind, upon the dawn of every new age, one must shed the Old age. The age of Pisces which is the age we are about completely leaving was an age where the human soul was completely influenced by spiritual forces of the age to try and connect with its long lost spiritual self, an effort to try and explain Our relationship with our divine source, the universal mind which is present in each and every one of us, as a human being or any other life form living on this planet, And so religion and other mythological beliefs were born as an attempt to try and answer these deep and persisting questions of our yearning soul. But now the Age of real illumination and enlightenment has come, and all the obviously ridiculous lies religion is based on will begin to shatter like a broken glass and once that happens, One by one, just like u are doing now humans will eventually discover the presence of the one true universal mind, that entity whose existence is solely based on truth and whose only weapon and tool for bringing existence into being is Love, And when that happens, All humans will come together with a force of joint consciousness To shift the vibrational level of the earth to a much higher one And in doing so, Create a new world where there will be no War, no suffering, No Government, No Money, No Hate, No forms of Ego, selfishness or strive for power by anyone because then There shall only be one Power binding us together, which is our Highly intimate connection with the universal mind, Understanding our oneness and thereby possessing the power of Love, which is still the strongest force in the universe, to eradicate every form of evil from the earth Thereby building a new and perfect world for ourselves, A world of total peace and genuine Happiness for everyone living in it(You can call it paradise on earth if you might). My good friend, do not stop on your quest of finding the truth because it is natural. you are being moved by a powerful but unseen force which is the coming of a new age in human existence, and i am sure you will find your truth before the end of this your current earthly journey. One thing of outermost importance i would like to point out before i leave is that in your search for the ultimate truth, Stay very clear from atheism because it is simply not based on truth. There was a beginning in existence, and before that beginning there was a purpose, And behind that purpose there was a consciousness, A mind That first envisioned that reality, A mind which has never Stopped being because it exists in another dimension outside space and time, outside our physical universe, And our universe is just a manifestation of a Great thought Brought into being by The Infinite and most divine power of Love. We can never in a billion years, even come close to understanding this Entity because as long as we Are a part of this physical universe, Its Existence can ever be fully comprehended by any being in this universe, human or alien no matter how advanced their Evolution might be. Some extraterrestrial beings in the universe might comprehend this entity more than we do to a Way more higher level, But never to its Totality because its existence is Beyond the confines of the space and time reality of our physical universe. Atheism in a way, is a bit like religion, still an attempt By some humans to explain the entity called God but instead decided to choose an escapist way out, by saying it does not exist simply because they don't and cant comprehend its existence. I'd take it that You are a really intelligent and curious person which are exactly the tools u need to become an enlightened fellow. All you have to do is Look really deep inside your mind, your consciousness, be at one with it as you search for the truth and i tell u my brother u will b able to find the real truth, even in the midst of so many lies. You will find your purpose for being a part of that one great mind/consciousness And you will also understand that You are not confined to Any specific Do's and Dont's here on your journey on this earthly realm. Those are just man made devices created to keep you more confined to the system and maintain the balance structure of the New world order pyramid. The only sole Duty ascribed to your soul, and the main criteria for your soul to follow while here on earth, so it can Move to a higher level of spiritual existence, just like the enlightened men of old, who are now being worshiped now as saviors now have always tried to teach us humans(Every single one of them), Are basically just these Three things, and you practice Them on your own, by yourself and to the Best of your ability, which are, THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS, DOING GOOD DEEDS, AND SPREADING THE MOST LOVE YOU CAN TO PEOPLE AROUND YOU, WHEREVER YOU GO, FOR AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. Hope my contribution was quite helpful to your post.
With all love, Have a blissful life of joy, love and Peace my friend.
- Akdegreat

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by JSoE(f): 12:45am On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
the funniest tin is dat atheist know more about religion more than those pple claiming one religion and the others... they are just ignorant of what they practice

Do they even read?
My mum is a staunch holy-ghost-fire christain but I tell you solemnly,she doesn't know shi.t about the bible likewise my siblings.
I just happened to be the overly inquisitive one in the family.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Wilgrea7(m): 12:46am On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
Your story book said little about it that jesus is d son of yahweh... And yahweh is one of d first homos(gods) that came to mak findings about the planet earth among others which are atum(eartum), chimides, largas(lucifer), murmoh, chaleb and ephradites. later many other joined them on earth which are enki, enlil, el, abassi, olorun, vinshu, odin, etc... And each god make homos(humans) and because of their fight for land and power they began SPIRITUAL POLITICS(RELIGION) which is the origin of many religions on earth today

so you're a follower of the doctufos...

if u can question the bible(nothing wrong with that) then why can't u question d doctrine..

truth is ... you're just in some other kind of belief... when you're arguing with a Christian you'll quote doctufos while he/she quotes the bible... its the same thing... following a book.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 12:46am On Oct 26, 2016
Proffdada:
so you have based your conclusion on the Bible?
dont quote me wrong... what i meant was that your fact to believe in your book is the fact that makes me believe in my research
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:46am On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
your proof ?

Everything that exists
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by doobyScoo: 12:50am On Oct 26, 2016
The ops story is very similar to mine. My dad is even starting to notice.

The things we do for love

What I would add is that everybody should do what brings him peace #innerGod

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 12:52am On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Everything that exists
everything that exists is from evolution not from one non-existing god

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:53am On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
the funniest tin is dat atheist know more about religion more than those pple claiming one religion and the others... they are just ignorant of what they practice

Say what?!

Atheists still ask who created God ? They lack basic understanding of the tenets of Christianity like the trinity etc . They are suffused with misconceptions about creation , heaven , hell etc .

I argue with them a lot and the ignorance shown by the atheists about Christianity is unbelievable ! The atheists flounder a lot especially on topics like religion and morality .

https://www.nairaland.com/2931676/dealing-misconceptions-receive-mansions-heaven

https://www.nairaland.com/2305535/dealing-misconceptions-10-things-bible

https://www.nairaland.com/3073131/soul-immaterial-how-does-it

https://www.nairaland.com/3210816/bible-slavery-answering-ignorant-atheists

https://www.nairaland.com/3000111/dealing-misconceptions-does-god-literally

https://www.nairaland.com/3031728/reasons-why-god-not-subject

On Morality

https://www.nairaland.com/3202859/nairaland-atheists-incest-right-wrong

https://www.nairaland.com/3246878/nairaland-atheists-bestiality-right-wrong

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 12:54am On Oct 26, 2016
otemanuduno:
Atum my god was making findings which the scientists will experience after. Atum my god doesn't fight for territory like Yahweh my dog. Atum my god is the god of Egypt(god of civilization). He isn't an angry and selfish god like yours. cheesy

However, the ALMIGHTY GOD, our GOD(the creator of all gods, including Allah, Yahweh, Atum, Vishnu) isn't concerned about possesing the earth because he has trillions of earthlike places and he is selfless.
Are you talking about Domino Reverad ?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:55am On Oct 26, 2016
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:55am On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
everything that exists is from evolution not from one non-existing god

Oh dear God !

And how exactly does evolution preclude the existence of God ?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 12:58am On Oct 26, 2016
JSoE:

Do they even read?
My mum is a staunch holy-ghost-fire christain but I tell you solemnly,she doesn't know shi.t about the bible likewise my siblings.
I just happened to be the overly inquisitive one in the family.
they see me as a black sheep in my family cos am an atheist which makes me hate religion more cos their religion doesn't preach love

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Wilgrea7(m): 12:58am On Oct 26, 2016
MrPresident1:

True words brother. God is nowhere near organised religion. Organised religion is a cage, it is of satan.

The only religion that God recognises is

James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

God bless u... please continue to tell them.. let them stop deceiving themselves
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Wilgrea7(m): 1:02am On Oct 26, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Pentecostalism as expected. Not to single out RCCG (you shouldn't have mentioned it anyway) but what I suspect is and I know it's not far from the truth is that there are many atheists who remain pastors because it is their source of livelihood. It is obvious to those who read -you don't even have to read the whole Bible even. They front with charisma preaching what they don't believe in themselves and when someone starts thinking, one becomes the devil's incarnate and once you get to lose the fear of damnation and guilt tripping, one can unfortunately lose belief in Jesus Christ our only hope of salvation.

you have a huge point... i was a member of RCCG. i still attend due to some duties but I've exempted myself from them. they have a serious problem
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:03am On Oct 26, 2016
JSoE:

Sorry to spoil the fun you're having. Read my reply to the guy you quoted.
grin

The article stated "better source needed" as a way of saying that the veracity of that statement on the New Testament cannot be confirmed . More reputable sources say 80 AD and 96 AD as the final date .

You just took a cursory glance at it ba ? undecided

I forgive you !
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 1:06am On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh dear God !

And how exactly does evolution preclude the existence of God ?

dont twist my word, i only counter wat u said dat everything dat exist is d proof dat your god is real and which is actually from evolution. i never said evolution preclude d existence of one god that doesn't exist
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by dippx: 1:06am On Oct 26, 2016
Make I carry mouth put for this matter

Op am not here to make you feel that you have lost it cos sometimes it is in asking that we find and as I too have asked many of this questions in the past.

It is true there isnt any tangible proof of the existence of God going by logic or science and it is also true that no scientific theory or logic has been able to explain the origin of living cell.
I am an open minded Christian and I can say that the story of a Supreme being creating the world is far more acceptable than the scientific big bang theory or that all cells come from pre-existing cells but never say where pre-existing cells come from.

I total believe that there is a supreme being, greater in wisdom than humans and the only proof of this is the unanswered questions of life.
For God knows how long the world has existed, for people of different races, culture and religions to share a similar view on the word love; is one of such unanswered questions. Many others I may not be able to mention here stil stare us in the face.
when you look around you there are so many things without scientific or logical reasons that happen yet they never never cease to happen, there u will come to accept that truly there is a greater being than humans.

That God is good or bad is always a subject to which angle you view from and what previous knowledge u had of God or that he loves Christians or muslims or otherwise is dependent on ur fellowish and this is in my opinion is false, that a Holy book exist somewhere that gives an absolute insight to this very Supreme being I doubt.

I have also come to see dat the existence of God cannot be cannot also be a grand scam, due to the fact that very many religions in the world with different beliefs and goals can not all seem to agree on this idea of a superior being and the life after.
If u need to talk more jst send me your number. I got to sleep
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:06am On Oct 26, 2016
skywalker001:
they see me as a black sheep in my family cos am an atheist which makes me hate religion more cos their religion doesn't preach love

Your hatred for religion does not mean God does not exist . People who repudiate religious concepts of God or teachings become deists . You are not an atheist man , you are simply irreligious . Deists are irreligious too .

Most of you people claiming atheists upandan because of your hatred for and rejection of religion need to have your brains examined . You are just low-key deists .
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Seun(m): 1:06am On Oct 26, 2016
Bamz:
Well I spoke from Christian perspective. smiley
From the Christian perspective, heaven and hell are real, so your argument about "if heaven and hell are real blah blah" is irrelevant.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I strongly doubt you know anything about the contents of your meme . You obviously picked it from somewhere .
Hey bro...... I'd like to have a private conversation with you. Do you have any problem with that?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Mujtahida: 1:09am On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=mastermaestro post=50508024]

I wouldn't have responded but for your brazen ignorance of Christianity. Christianity is NOT based on sight but wholly on faith. If you can't believe without seeing, it's your cup of tea. GOD owes no one any special appearance of persuasion![/quote]
Any faith that remains only at the threshold of faith without substantiating evidence is fraudulent and will eventually rob you of life in many ways. Your Bible says faith without works is dead abi? I say believe without evidence is dead and rotten! Now let's see what you book has to say:Go read Hebrews 11 and see how the words 'evidence' 'substance' 'heard' 'saw' feature. For example it says that Moses SAW the INVINSIBLE. If Moses can see, we ought also should be given the privilege to see. Again this is how 1 John 1 reads: that which was from the beginning which we have HEARD, which we have SEEN with our EYES, which we have LOOKED at and our HANDS have HANDLED - this we proclaim concerning the word of life. Again they heard, they saw, they touched not that they believed. 2peter 2:18 reads:We ourselves HEARD this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain. Again note the word HEARD. So if they could refer to their senses-physical or spiritual - to back up their claims why should christians today not hear, see and touch? Are today's christians not heirs to the same commission as the Apostles? If Christianity dispensed with it's over reliance on believe/faith without evidence churches will disappear and evangelism will be carried out with reference to personal experience not belief in the experience of people who lived and died years ago in a book . No body believes the sun shines. It shines and you and I know it. When the blind man in John 9 was being hassled with questions by the pharisees regarding his healing he referred not to believe but to concrete evidence, he said, one thing I KNOW, I was BLIND BUT NOW I SEE! I will conclude by saying that from the day the word became FLESH (became concrete, became substantial) and dwelled(showed himself, manifested himself) among us as written in John 1:14, Christians lost the right to demand for believe without evidence! I too want to hear, see and touch. I am done believing! Let me go sip some tea.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:10am On Oct 26, 2016
Michael1812:
Hey bro...... I'd like to have a private conversation with you. Do you have any problem with that?

Not at all bro .
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Mujtahida: 1:12am On Oct 26, 2016
Lennycool:

Actually you can if you had your great great great grandfathers DNA. So his point against you is flawed.
I wanted to give him the latitude, the benefit of the doubt and then show him that even at that he has a poor case.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 1:12am On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your hatred for religion does not mean God does not exist . People who repudiate religious concepts of God or teachings become deists . You are not an atheist man , you are simply irreligious . Deists are irreligious too .

Most of you people claiming atheists upandan because of your hatred for and rejection of religion need to have your brains examined . You are just low-key deists .
your opinion
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Wilgrea7(m): 1:12am On Oct 26, 2016
Akdegreat:

Yes! It was drummed in my mind as early as I could remember. I was also convinced all the time.

However, I took my conscious and self determined step of salvation in September 2007. I joined the baptismal class, got baptized and undertook 'workers-in-training' a training course for intending workers in RCCG. I met and worked under several Pastors

wow... you're really a member of RCCG. when i went for one useless leadership interview they asked me what day i got born again.. i was like wtf.. how the hell am i supposed to remember that?
the whole system z wrong

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by coolbreezy01: 1:12am On Oct 26, 2016
Seun:

From the Christian perspective, heaven and hell are real, so your argument about "if heaven and hell are real blah blah" is irrelevant.
So as from the atheist perspective that atheism Is free and there is no God blah blah is totally irrelevant.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 1:14am On Oct 26, 2016
mastermaestro:

It's your choice! Every entity including where you work, school, and your family has a head, so does this world. GOD is the head. You will answer to HIM when the time comes. Heaven or hell, your choice to make. Others can state it euphemistically, I won't. Accept JESUS CHRIST and be saved to an eternal life with GOD in Heaven, or live as though you were your own god and secure for yourself a one-way ticket to hell.

There is no compulsion in Christianity! Choose whom you wish to serve. To GOD be the glory, I have chosen to follow JESUS CHRIST forever!

My friend, if you still believe that there is an "Ever Loving" God who will allow you to undergo the most gruesome act of Terror and eternal pain, i Mean a state of pure and constant suffering for all of eternity just because of sins you commited during just one lifetime on earth, some of which might not even warrant a stroke of cain in this short inhumane world we are currently living in right now, talkless of eternity, then its either ur mind cannot decipher the difference between Love and Wickedness, Or you simply cant decipher aincient man made logical thoughts And REAL TRUTH.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Holy Ghost Event In Yola, See Crowd / Love Potions, Love Charms, Love Spells, Enchanted Love... / Leke Adeboye Denies Osun Election Comment: 'Na Lie, I Checked If I Was Hacked'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.