Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee (80340 Views)

"Tithing Works" Daddy Freeze Diss Pastor Oyedepo And Wife With Throwback Photos / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by aalangel(f): 9:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
All those speaking against a Man of God...hmm...
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Siscooh: 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:
the school is classy, not for everyone....if you can't afford it, just look around for cheaper schools
Merci Beaucoup
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by junnyjake(m): 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2016
aaronson:
I thought I was the only one who took offense to thrash Oyedepo was spewing and using god's name to threaten the people who criticizes his school tuition fee. That should be dead give away sign for smart people that god is not real, if he was real, he wouldn't even approve of no school as no school ever recorded in the bible. Oyedepo God of capitalism.

May Oyedepo's wife next period comes out of his mouth.

All these Nigerian atheists are as funny as they come.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by enniefamzy(f): 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
I just dislike dis man from d very first day
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Agbanagba1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
I believe the church should be a not- for-profit organization.... But come to think of it there are many costs(wages,supplies and maintenance) to be made and so, the university needs a lot of revenue to run these costs.Oyedepo only needs to stop using God's name to deceiving people.And,the price should be moderate for verified church members.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Lnxxxxx(m): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
TheSCRYPT:

There is a scholarship program but you have to prove your mettle to get it just like every other.

I used to complain about the exorbitant school fees of some of these private universities until I started my current program which is run by a federal university.

Sometimes to get the best hands to work for you, you need to do a lot of spending to bring them down. My school pays each lecturer 600k to take a course per week for a masters class of just 24. But the result? Not grades, I mean employers testimonies about the students performances is that they are rated as high as the best in the world.

We judge because we do not understand these things. If we want mediocres to take charge of our businesses then we should be prepared for no growth.

On that note I hope someday you will come to understand just like I have.

You made great sense but it seems you went of topic.

As I recall this is about bringing God into financial gain (or using God as an excuse to increase fees).

It's true that University fees in Nigeria is quite low and in almost all developed countries there is an increase of about 10% yearly.

What most people are wondering is, why not just say inflation is the reason for the price hike.

Finally, I finished from a government school and dont have a masters degree, but I stuck to the scope of the topic to make my argument. But you missed it.

Does that mean that my school is better

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:

leave that guy, some people expects papa to start broadcasting what he has done or what he is doing to the less privilege, they forget he is doing it for God and not for them to see
I wonder o. It just annoys me to see them spewing trash. He's not their president, why does he have to lower school fees... Where then would he get cash to run the school? Many people just talk stupidly
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by LORRDDD(m): 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
WONT BE SURPRISED IF WE HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE WALKING AROUND WITH SMELLY MOUTHS...lol. watch it, right or wrong let not the mockery of a man of God come from ur mouth. be wise enough

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by pacino26(m): 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
IamEntropy:

When a dog's teeth is whiter than my own

Hahahahahahahaha especially the.. ..........chewing folks.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Adaowerri111: 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
dejilg:

what a pity.... command from God to enrich ur pastorpreneurs? I thought the command was for levites only and it was never to be money! please go and read ur Bible and stop being conned!
Oyedepo may be rich...even so are the Yahoo boys and our corrupt politicians....but blessed? really? have u read the "be attitudes"?

Start attending living faith so you can understand certain things about the church, pay deaf ears to what you hear outside, its a different world entirely inside, living faith Don't prioritize offerings and tithes, you are just being misled by what you hear outside. come to think of it, will A pastor tell you what to give as tithe or offering?? no one will stop you coming with livestock or farm produce, i think Money is handy and mostly used as modern day tithe, my thoughts though

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Stephandeswardt: 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
bezimo:

It doesn't matter to me.I am a rational person, but when it comes to spiritual matters, I drop my rationality and try to align with what is commanded and it's been paying off on a personal note.
So you can apply common sense and discretion on how you approach your things but I disagree because life isn't always about common sense or rationality.

For instance tithing look stupid and foolish to an unredeemed man, but to christians tithing is as commanded by God and gives us devine insurance from misfortune and calamity.

The man should stop using God as a selling point in his worldly business...... Nigeria as a nation is struggling to MAINTAIN jets, state governmentschools don't have private jet, ......he should separate business from God ,if he can maintain those jetseeking, then he can offer scholarship to at least 150 of the less financial buoyant flock of his church......IF they can maintain a certain GPA. ....as one of the major requirements .....no be only greedy chop chop and aquisition of worldly properties.....fucking greedy man
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
as we all know. Humans are not ever satisfied. Keep judging there.. Lets see how it improves your life.

I've gotten miracles nd healings thru his preachings. If you are spiritually dead, numb or ruled my distorting spirits, don't expect to understand anythiing from him.

Only a man God works with can achieve the feats Oyedepo has attained. If he indeed was a con man, explain the signs and miracles done by God thru him.. Does God work with a sinner? Does God build one?

Just get out of my face.. Yu clearly lack understanding and sanity of the spiritual mind

eiya....sorry oh! I tot I mentioned oyedepo but I never knew u both bear same name....
so why engage in the discussion with me if I needed to "get out of ur face"
even herbalists are capable of many such feats....it seems that the devil has disguised as an Angel of light and u didn't know it (or u forgot that verse)....or that "even the very elect can be deceived"?

I can see clearly through ur pastorpreneurs' business ventures being pinned on God and dashing the hopes of people by extorting them....open ur eyes and see....

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Dantee005(m): 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
kennygee:
I'm a Christian and the church has lost it these days. We are in the end time. Is it bad if scholarships are given to poor church member's children into these schools?

If you are admitting 2000 students, and you give 800 students from the church scholarships, no on would complain that the rest are paying 500k.

But when members cannot afford the school fees, I wonder who is fooling who.
Bless u...u 're xo point....Churches of dese days are making it very difficult to defend d faith...

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Lionofdjungle: 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
My question for all the so-called men of God who established schools is this: why is it that most of the church members who contributed money in form of tithe, offering etc cannot afford the school established with their money? What will be their benefit or gain?

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by rusher14: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
Sibrah:
can u prove this?

They cannot prove anything.

God put money in Oyedepo's account.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
bezimo:

Fat liar, continue your lies.
I am a Winner.In our church no one forces anyone to buy books.If you like buy, if you like don't buy.No one insults you.
I weak for the lie when I read it. .even at the unit level nothing is compulsory but freewill

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by macphilip: 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
Lionofdjungle:
My question for all the so-called men of God who established schools is this: why is it that most of the church members who contributed money in form of tithe, offering etc cannot afford the school established with their money? What will be their benefit or gain?
their reward is in heaven. Nobody forced them in parting with their money, neither was there any
agreement that the Church would give their Children free eduction

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
dejilg:

eiya....sorry oh! I tot I mentioned oyedepo but I never knew u both bear same name....
so why engage in the discussion with me if I needed to "get out of ur face"
even herbalists are capable of many such feats....it seems that the devil has disguised as an Angel of light and u didn't know it (or u forgot that verse)....or that "even the very elect can be deceived"?

I can see clearly through ur pastorpreneurs' business ventures being pinned on God and dashing the hopes of people by extorting them....open ur eyes and see....
says the person who quoted me while i was refering to another person.,.., get lost
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
Any church or churches involved in business-like venture is not God driven. people pays church, church gives out to the poor or help the society not build schools or such. my father's house wont be turned to den for thieves
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ring7(m): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
Old age
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Dantee005(m): 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
aaronson:
I thought I was the only one who took offense to thrash Oyedepo was spewing and using god's name to threaten the people who criticizes his school tuition fee. That should be dead give away sign for smart people that god is not real, if he was real, he wouldn't even approve of no school as no school ever recorded in the bible. Oyedepo God of capitalism.

May Oyedepo's wife next period comes out of his mouth.

Dude dats offensive....remember u on a public forum...I know u're annoyed bt pls mind ur words...
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
DrayZee:

Who told you he doesn't give scholarships. Christian indeed, yet you apportion blames based on unverified facts.

I'm not saying the church doesn't give scholarships, I'm saying the scholarships should benefit its members. There is nothing wrong with what I said.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
kennygee:
I'm a Christian and the church has lost it these days. We are in the end time. Is it bad if scholarships are given to poor church member's children into these schools?

If you are admitting 2000 students, and you give 800 students from the church scholarships, no on would complain that the rest are paying 500k.

But when members cannot afford the school fees, I wonder who is fooling who.

When you search for information.. You will discovered scholarships are given even up to masters levels.....dont let the press mislead you
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by omoyowa: 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:
Oyedepo thinks like an igbo man. Everything is business tio him. He is not a pastor at all. We need to verify his roots and check if there is an igbo gene in him

You made a mistake...
D person criticising him is an igboman..
its just that d afonjas are wicked...
its not bad to make money,but helping people matters a lot..,that is where d Afonjas and their pastors get it wrong.....
A church owned by an Igboman,OPM is lending helping hand to many people in porthacourt and Nigeria..
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by IYANGBALI: 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:
the school is classy, not for everyone....if you can't afford it, just look around for cheaper schools
gbenu sohun jo.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:
I swear it,Nigerians go to schools but they lack common sense and deductive reasoning... if the school fees is 500k, doesn't that show that the wealthy in the church and in the society at large are the ones patronizing and also paying(through their wards fee) for the maintenance of the school?? how does that then translate into the not so rich members being the ones paying for the school's logistics? I don't get how people reason in this country sometimes..

Mr 'sensible' please how did the school come to be? Maybe God threw it down for him after he had molded it in heaven and ordained a certain price to be collected as school fees or maybe you enlighten us all of that other business he did that gave him money to build the school.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ronkyemma(f): 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
nigconnect:
Very interesting....
seriously running a university can be expensive, From staff payment to provision of campus facilities, research, If you know the budget of public universities you"ll understand better......
but his way of explaining things is too offensive. And for those that are saying he doesn't give scholarships, do your research well....

I am not supporting him but I'm just taking things from a clear point of view not blindly under religious stuff...
Hav done research ND hv an evidenc,my psts son won winners scholaship on merit,We ar nt winners mem,bt my pst son did ND it's al free Evn bks,al I mean all is free.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
Agbanagba1:
I believe the church should be a not- for-profit organization.... But come to think of it there are many costs(wages,supplies and maintenance) to be made and so, the university needs a lot of revenue to run these costs.Oyedepo only needs to stop using God's name to deceiving people.And,the price should be moderate for verified church members.
I beg naa think through some of the things you guys say naa..what do you mean by verified members.....lol Nigerians are amusing sometimes.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
Blessograo:
Mist pastors in winners chapel are business people. A friend told me his ordeal when he used to attend winners saying that, the pastor told people to buy the book he had just launched but my friend couldn't buy it. So the next Sunday the pastor asked for the book and he and other members were sent out and insulted for not buying the book, while some lent money to buy.

Not possible. .it can't happen in winners chapel and if you have the full details of the pastors. .we can take the issue up, there is order and discipline ,so pastors will never on any occasion send a member out in winners chapel... Am not saying a pastors are perfect, because there will always be bad eggs as well.. .but sending them out because of books is not possible. .even Bishop don't force his books on members
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by IYANGBALI: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
omoyowa:

You made a mistake...
D person criticising him is an igboman..
its just that d afonjas are wicked...
its not bad to make money,but helping people matters a lot..,that is where d Afonjas and their pastors get it wrong.....
A church owned by an Igboman,OPM is lending helping hand to many people in porthacourt and Nigeria..
[img][/img]have you ever heard the name TB Joshua before?i guess him be igbo man.

Think before you write poooo in a public forum
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by chocolateme(f): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
nigconnect:

Download it right from the post, If you're using a touch device.. Long press the picture and click on save picture.
oh! Tnx, gonna do that
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:

Start attending living faith so you can understand certain things about the church, pay deaf ears to what you hear outside, its a different world entirely inside, living faith Don't prioritize offerings and tithes, you are just being misled by what you hear outside. come to think of it, will A pastor tell you what to give as tithe or offering?? no one will stop you coming with livestock or farm produce, i think Money is handy and mostly used as modern day tithe, my thoughts though

well winners chapel (Canaanland is close to where I stay) and I attended LFC during service year. yes they don't need to tell u tithe is compulsory, all they need to do is just read Malachi 3: 9-10 "dazzall"
thank God u said urs ur thoughts tho....but money was also in ancient Israel and it was "handy" but money was never tithed and it's a yearly thing and the tithe was abt 22% all together.....ur church doesn't do Tithe the way d Bible prescribes..... it's just all a con

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Clashes With SARS Officers At Ecobank In Lagos / I Go Dye Builds A House For His Mother (Photo) / Actor Olaiya Igwe Prostrates After MC Oluomo Gifts Him A Benz (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.