Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee (80337 Views)

"Tithing Works" Daddy Freeze Diss Pastor Oyedepo And Wife With Throwback Photos / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
if yu don't know anything sharrap.. Oyedepo used togive over a thousand students scholarship every year until some people ganged against him nd he stopped.

LASt month, an announcement was passed in church asking anyone interested in going for masters to enroll for open scholarship from papa.... It isnt restricted to just church members.

You claim to be a christian but you are as blind as the majority here. Oyedepo has helped billions thru God's help... Quit hating nd get a life

Madam, how many of the recipients of these scholarships are offered scholarships to the church schools? That is my point ma. How many members can afford to send their children to the church school where they are suppose to receive Christian values?

Which one be hating there? Oyedepo doesn't know you or me sister, so take several chill pills.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ekakamba:
It's high time to tax such churches. [size=20pt]Fake churches will only preach about prosperity not salvation. God help us. cry cry cry[/size]

You are spiritually insane. ...prosperity is not a sin and it is the right of a believer and salvation is just a beginner stage in the Christian journey, there are still manyadder to climb.. ..salvation alone will never deliver to you breakthrough.. ....it is never written anywhere in the scriptures that Jesus Christ lacked OR was poor, why should you carry poverty mentality.. .......search for wisdom.. ..you are too stupid spiritually, don't let a witch kills you and repent.. .idiot

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Agbanagba1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

I beg naa think through some of the things you guys say naa..what do you mean by verified members.....lol Nigerians are amusing sometimes.
When it is becomes cheap(which is not likely) everybody will become winners member.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Mr 'sensible' please how did the school come to be? Maybe God threw it down for him after he had molded it in heaven and ordained a certain price to be collected as school fees or maybe you enlighten us all of that other business he did that gave him money to build the school.
you have a brain, use it! are you saying only paupers go to living faith? rich and affluent people don't go there? two billionaires in that church can easily fund the building of that school...even in the Orthodox church I go to, when there is a project announced, it is the rich who donate the bulk of the money needed..and that is a fact.. I have said it before, I don't care what oyedepo preaches to his congregation, but I will NEVER criticize private school fees..
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
says the person who quoted me while i was refering to another person.,.., get lost

i quoted u when u tried to defend ur pastorpreneur with a bad logic...."God" didn't stop ppl ganging up to stop ur pastor from doing charity (loosing some real cool cash for another jet to some school boys)....but "God" is gonna give mouth odour to anyone who complains that the money he sees from his business is too much!!!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
I wonder o. It just annoys me to see them spewing trash. He's not their president, why does he have to lower school fees... Where then would he get cash to run the school? Many people just talk stupidly

Ask yourself this, if Christ was to come again today in the same manner in which he came before, do you think he can afford this schools that are said to built by men who call themselves servants of His Father?

...and everyone has the right to tell him to lower the fees because the majority of people who donated to the 'school building project' in forms of offering and tithes can not afford to go to the same school the widows mite went into!

Stop following whatever a man says and reason after he has said it. God also gave you the same brain as him to reason.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ekakamba: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
are you a bastard or son of bastards? Tell your Olosho mama to repent, and may your bastardized father teach you a better way to be a humble cretin. grin
oluwatoyinadeol:

You are spiritually insane. ...prosperity is not a sin and it is the right of a believer and salvation is just a beginner stage in the Christian journey, there are still manyadder to climb.. ..salvation alone will never deliver to you breakthrough.. ....it is never written anywhere in the scriptures that Jesus Christ lacked OR was poor, why should you carry poverty mentality.. .......search for wisdom.. ..you are too stupid spiritually, don't let a witch kills you and repent.. .idiot
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
Papiikush:
Oyedepo no be pastor Abeg. Na business man. The university is just another branch of his business. grin

That is why you are too daft to apply wisdom.. .is the university a charity center before
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by greggng: 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:

Start attending living faith so you can understand certain things about the church, pay deaf ears to what you hear outside, its a different world entirely inside, living faith Don't prioritize offerings and tithes, you are just being misled by what you hear outside. come to think of it, will A pastor tell you what to give as tithe or offering?? no one will stop you coming with livestock or farm produce, i think Money is handy and mostly used as modern day tithe, my thoughts though

I know the history of that church. I was attending it when it was at rajioba street close to iyanu ipaja before they built canaaland at ota. I ve never seen a church as discriminatory as that church. They couldn't offer me scholarship cos in their view I ve not stayed long with their satelite fellowship. I told one of the pastors that when jesus was on earth he was giving freely to whoever that needed his help without recourse to if he has accepted christ or not. He was healing those that requires healing. Try visit must of this new generation churches, you ve to bribe before u can get an appointment with their pastor. I left that church cos of that incident. I am not even happy that must of their members cannot afford the tuition in a school they contributed so. Hard in building. They sowed lots of seeds in dollars, pounds etc. I know about a man that sold everything he had to sow a seed in that church. Today he is in a miserable state. I don't wanna continue but God will judge us accordingly. Oyedepo is aa business man not a man of God. Believe me

3 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
[quote author=ThatIgboBoy post=50795582]Oyedepo thinks like an igbo man. Everything is business tio him. He is not a pastor at all. We need to verify his roots and check if there is an igbo gene in him[/quote

Why not open a church and experience what he is experiencing.. ..the press are misleading you
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Adaowerri111: 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
dejilg:

well winners chapel (Canaanland is close to where I stay) and I attended LFC during service year. yes they don't need to tell u tithe is compulsory, all they need to do is just read Malachi 3: 9-10 "dazzall"
thank God u said urs ur thoughts tho....but money was also in ancient Israel and it was "handy" but money was never tithed and it's a yearly thing and the tithe was abt 22% all together.....ur church doesn't do Tithe the way d Bible prescribes..... it's just all a con

i guess you are a christian ...so Which church does?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
melejo:
Poor you. Only knows how to tell people how many scholarships to give and all that in their school. Why not lead by example, champion a school, admit 200 students and place 800 on scholarship so that Oyedepo will learn. Do you know the contribution of that school to the society? Do you know how many scholarships they actually give per year? Do you know how many people are gainfully employed by the school and are well and timely paid, do you know what is the cost of maintaining a school of that class? Only God will deliver your type from knowing how to manage another's university without attempting to establish a kindergarten

I might not have managed a kindergeten before, I might not be in a position now to open a school an admit 800 and place 400 on scholarships, but my prayer is for God to bless me enough to be able to make that kind of Impact in my life. By God"s grace, it will be a form of Corporate social responsibility from my organization to my society. That is my dream.

Are you telling me that with the way God has blessed winners, they cannot afford to give scholarships into their universities to the poor members member's children?

The scholarships you all are claiming he gives, are they to the church universities?

I'm I asking that Oyedepo should sack all his staff? Of course no be ghost go work for the school na.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mencer(m): 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
kennygee:
I'm a Christian and the church has lost it these days. We are in the end time. Is it bad if scholarships are given to poor church member's children into these schools?

If you are admitting 2000 students, and you give 800 students from the church scholarships, no on would complain that the rest are paying 500k.

But when members cannot afford the school fees, I wonder who is fooling who.

You people are making a very terrible mistake !
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
kennygee:

Madam, how many of the recipients of these scholarships are offered scholarships to the church schools? That is my point ma. How many members can afford to send their children to the church school where they are suppose to receive Christian values?

Which one be hating there? Oyedepo doesn't know you or me sister, so take several chill pills.
lol... Imma dude... Lost a dare game so i'm stuck with this for a month.

Winners members are rich while the rest are growing to the level.. Many of te church members can afford it.

People ought to stop looking up to this men like they are the government. Only the govt will build schools nd accept low fees, why? Cos they collect taxes. Anyone who did economics in school would understand where oyedepo stands. Money goten from tithes are used for charity nd the church.., the school runs on the fees.

I hope yu understand bro.. We still have some govt schools that are expensive, UNIMED and co
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ekakamba:
are you a bastard or son of bastards? Tell your Olosho mama to repent, and may your bastardized father teach you a better way to be a humble cretin. grin

I can see you have choose to remain daft and foolish till Jesus comes....happy foolishness anniversary to you

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
oluwatoyinadeol:

No where in the Bible where it says Jesus was poor?
how about "He became poor that you might be rich" -- I bet ur pastor have used that line too
and again "the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head"?
really? can u show us Jesus' wealth during his earthly ministry?
so salvation alone cannot deliver someone? are u sure u a Christian? this prosperity gospel have eaten so deep into u that u have started to misyarn o...
please search for wisdom in the word of God....please! cos none of the disciples of Christ recognise this ur prosperity gospel o

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Ask yourself this, if Christ was to come again today in the same manner in which he came before, do you think he can afford this schools that are said to built by men who call themselves servants of His Father?

...and everyone has the right to tell him to lower the fees because the majority of people who donated to the 'school building project' in forms of offering and tithes can not afford to go to the same school the widows mite went into!

Stop following whatever a man says and reason after he has said it. God also gave you the same brain as him to reason.
there they go again.. too sentimental! what has Christ got to do with attending a university? grin nawao..so the majority of the people who donated to build the school can't afford it? care to let us know how you came about such info?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
bezimo:

When you are ignorant be guided on how you submit your views.Do you know how many students benefit from scholarship from Bishop Oyedepo foundation to Landmark and Covenant Universities respectively.

The last time I heard the scholarship runs into hundreds of millions of Naira, Yet you are here talking carelessly.

Educate me with the figures please.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by luminouz(m): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

U! cheesy cheesy

What that man who says he is a man of God said got me speechless undecided
Yes ME! cheesy grin grin
U shouldn't be surprised ooo! God works in mysterious ways! grin
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ekakamba: 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Same to you mooncalf. grin
oluwatoyinadeol:

I can see you have choose to remain daft and foolish till Jesus comes....happy foolishness anniversary to you
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:

i guess you are a christian ...so Which church does?

can u define what the church is according to the Bible?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by fortunechy(m): 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
deep freezer always like to comment in every fin.mchteee!!!!old fool
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
lol... Imma dude... Lost a dare game so i'm stuck with this for a month.

Winners members are rich while the rest are growing to the level.. Many of te church members can afford it.

People ought to stop looking up to this men like they are the government. Only the govt will build schools nd accept low fees, why? Cos they collect taxes. Anyone who did economics in school would understand where oyedepo stands. Money goten from tithes are used for charity nd the church.., the school runs on the fees.

I hope yu understand bro.. We still have some govt schools that are expensive, UNIMED and co

I'm a chic. The church is not the government. But the church can be a place of refuge where people. Me I just think the church should use the scjoschool as a form of missions. Let the rich pay for the fees of the poor in the same school.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
dejilg:

how about "He became poor that you might be rich" -- I bet ur pastor have used that line too
so salvation alone cannot deliver someone? are u sure u a Christian? this prosperity gospel have eaten so deep into u that u have started to misyarn o...
please search for wisdom in the word of God....please! cos none of the disciples of Christ recognise this ur prosperity gospel o

Prosperity is your right as a believer.. .dont be deceived be deceived.. .there is what to do to surely lay your hands on prosperity legally and without offending God.. .....dont die in poverty, show me a great man of God all across the world living in poverty. ...when you walk with God faithfully, you can be a pauper.. .
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
luminouz:

Yes ME! cheesy grin grin
U shouldn't be surprised ooo! God works in mysterious ways! grin

Hahahahhahahahahaaha, how u dey
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
dejilg:

Prosperity is your right as a believer.. .dont be deceived be deceived.. .there is what to do to surely lay your hands on prosperity legally and without offending God.. .....dont die in poverty, show me a great man of God all across the world living in poverty. ...when you walk with God faithfully, you cant be a pauper.. .
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by elbaraj001(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:
the school is classy, not for everyone....if you can't afford it, just look around for cheaper schools
I don't blame you, why won't you talk like this? When your parents are among those criminals that looted our Treasury to sponsor you tru that kinda expensive institution, had it mean they use there hard end money like parents did, I don't think you will be able pick ur phone or whatsoever device you are using to type this God forsaking comment...by the remember nemesis will catch with people of your kind sooner or later, the sweat of the poor will never dry invain...nonsense!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ekakamba: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
Don't mind the sheep. Their shepherd has brainwashed them with hypo. grin
dejilg:

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
I guess the early Christians where government cos they accepted low school fees and even did schooling for free way back then.........does anyone know why Sunday school was even a thing in the church
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

yu do know tat jesus wan't poor when he was alive. He was rich enough... To keep twelve men healthy nd alive.

Jesus would afford it cos he wouldn't sit down nd loaf around talking abt how exorbitant the school fees is instead, he'll work hard nd wise to make more than enuf of the tution fees
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
conquerour:

And 40% of the lecturers' shouldgo home without wages and their families also go hungry becos they want to give scholarship. If you can't afford fee look for your size.

Na ghost for dey work for the school?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
oluwatoyinadeol:

Prosperity is your right as a believer.. .dont be deceived be deceived.. .there is what to do to surely lay your hands on prosperity legally and without offending God.. .....dont die in poverty, show me a great man of God all across the world living in poverty. ...when you walk with God faithfully, you can be a pauper.. .

there are several men of God that are in poverty.....should I start with the Apostles? did u know Paul says they are poor, hungry and even in rags? do u read the Bible at all? is God sovereign in our lives or not?
and yes Paul is an example of many "men of God" who live in poverty because they have counted this world treasure that ur prosperity gospel preaches aa "dung"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Clashes With SARS Officers At Ecobank In Lagos / I Go Dye Builds A House For His Mother (Photo) / Actor Olaiya Igwe Prostrates After MC Oluomo Gifts Him A Benz (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.