Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? (44912 Views)

My Girlfriend Told A Guy She Is Not In A Relationship / Lady's Wig Falls Off While Dancing Gbe Body In Public With A Guy. She Did This / Lady Was Disappointed By A Cute Guy She Met At A Bank Who Had Mouth Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by lawrence9999(m): 6:10am On Nov 19, 2016
Dfinex:

and u sleep with guys that u are not married to? he gives u stuffs and money, u don't remind him that u both are not married ....smh.

tufiakwa...running away from Pharisees.

Don't mind naija ladies. Pretence is their second name. You can't cook for your man but can have sex with him. Cheiii. Naja and hypocritical life.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by patola080(m): 6:13am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:
I find this very interesting to discuss here and I will go straight to the point.

I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him. It is important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life.if you are his friend,you act like his friend and if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife, you also act like one.
D
A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you, what threat wil I give you when we get married?
I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife! What are your opinion ladies?

men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks
dis one Na useless question to mi , so if u c ur guy In d kitchen wot will u b doing? Playing games on ur phone? So if u go to ur brothers house and c his girlfriend doing dat u will b happy with her

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by walker1994(m): 6:14am On Nov 19, 2016
suzan404:
N.P=====Jamb Question by Simi undecided

Cooking is something you should do voluntarily....so whenever you're with your bf and you're feeling very hungry....and you know quite well that your bf has foodstuffs and other things you could use for cooking,you'd tell him to take you to an eatery??when you cook for your bf,someone you love oo,there's always this feeling that would make you wanna do more than 'cooking' for him....so why do you always allow him to have sex with you when you don't want him to treat you like a maid....your bf would turn to your fiancee one day,from fiancee to husband...so since you're sure and believe that your relationship is heading somewhere or you gonna marry yourselves....why can't you cook for him...and you'll shouting upandan dat you can do anything for him.......cooking is something you should enjoy doing everyday as a lady.....don't cook for your bf and see another lady who can cook snatch him away from you undecided
GOD BLESS U infct u enter class

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Dfinex(f): 6:17am On Nov 19, 2016
Izen:

We can have sex because we both enjoy it. As for the cooking, only one person enjoys it. Get it?

no....I don't.

so she won't eat from it?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by VictorRomanov: 6:18am On Nov 19, 2016
baum1:

Very hypocritical, I cannot believe some people are arguing it...Are they saying cooking is worth more than sharing their most private being with someone who is not their husband? Wow, so this's how sex before marriage has been trivialized lipsrsealed

You've said it all. i think this is what results when you have a combination of low morals and laziness.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by JerryTemi(f): 6:19am On Nov 19, 2016
When you set a standard for yourself he will no, as for cooking for once boyfriend no vex am in support of it. OK let's face reality, do you no there is a way you can treat a man, even a player and he will go home and have a rethink about you?Is not all about sex,food but how you give your time to him and the cooking too. haven't you heard the way to a man's heart are sex,food,respect and above all peace,whether we like it or not you and I will always be African women and the mentality in which our men have about us will never change. come rain,sunshine our norm's and value as Africans will never and can never change. Forget this Western way of living my dear if you you mess up as an African woman your story must surely be used as an example to others. what is there with cooking? if you want a man for keep you as a woman you have your path to play and I mean your own role to play and no 6 too or if you think am lying ask people that have been married for more than 10 years not this new generation married women,like something I want to go back to my parents to do what? and who lose? Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by femi4: 6:22am On Nov 19, 2016
Ladies always believe the world revolve around their body. There is nothing tangible they bring to the table.

Sex: Both party enjoy it

Cooking: Is she not eating in his house? She might even do take away for herself

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Dfinex(f): 6:22am On Nov 19, 2016
baum1:

Culinary skills do not work for all serious-minded guys. Except what you mean cooking great for visitors whenever they come around.

well in that case there is actually no reason to cook, she can order the food from Kilimanjaro for ur visitors....

and when she visits mum, she should go there with the cook or still order food from Kilimanjaro.

on a second thought are you even married?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by kibra4u(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2016
The shameful thing is that most of the so called girls we have these days cant even cook a decent meal. So as a man we need to be sure of who we are bringing into the house before it turns out to be stories that slaps o.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by yoged(m): 6:24am On Nov 19, 2016
No.. Maybe you should call your ancestors to come and cook for him.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 19, 2016
Handsomecutepie:
[b]Only a lazy lady like the Op will ask this stupid question.

The most important factor here is LOVE. If you are in love with him, nobody ll tell you to cook; you ll be the one begging him to allow you to cook for him at every visit.

It's a natural thing for a well brought up Nigeria lady to cook without any hesitation while the lazy ones look for any excuse not to cook.

The first red flag for Nigeria men in a relationship is when a lady refuses or lack cooking skills. 2% of Nigeria men who were probably raised by a single mum or controlling wives wouldn't mind the likes of Op while the remaining 98% Nigeria men would throw the likes of Op out at any slightest opportunity cos good and well bred ladies are more than willing to cook...

If you are well brought up lady(Nigeria raised not all these UK/US spoilt brats), cooking becomes your second nature. Trust me, you won't be at ease at your boyfriend house when cooked foods are not available.

Nigerian men prefer to hustle and make money available for their family while their White counterparts in western world want 50/50 shared responsibilities with their wives. This 50/50 shared responsibilities mentality or culture make life difficult for western ladies to cope with domestic responsibilities which informed the reason why they do a lot of eating at restaurants. Ridiculously, our Nigeria ladies are trying so hard to copy this white culture without looking at this vital point of 50/50 shared responsibilities.
[/b]

You hit the nail on the head with regard to the bolded part.

In the West, MOST newly-wed couples or long-term boyfriends and girlfriends pull their financial resources together to buy their first home, or pay the rent on a new apartment. But I can bet that most Nigerian parents would frown at the notion that their daughter is paying 50% of the bills in her new home. Our mentality is that the man should be responsible for 90% or more of the bills.

With regard to cooking, I personally don't expect my girlfriend to cook for me every time she visits, even if we sleep together. I'll be comfortable doing most of the cooking for myself during the dating/courtship phase.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 19, 2016
walker1994:
GOD BLESS U infct u enter class
grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by blesoh(f): 6:33am On Nov 19, 2016
saintCaligula:
You must be kidding me..
Incase you dont know, I've seen men that fell for ladies just by eating their food and incase you don't know, men respect ladies that cook always to the once that goes to an eatery often
Last week Saturday, my elder bro got married to the girl that advised him to stop eating in an eatery, she started cooking for him, his first girlfriend that doesn't like the idea of cooking but eating out is still there searching.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Kanyekels(m): 6:33am On Nov 19, 2016
Mimzyy:
Except you guys are in a 'no sex' relationship then this is hypocrisy. I mean he bleeps you whenever you guys want but you Wana ration the number of times you cook for him just 'cos he hasn't paid your bride price? Talk about double standards. Pftttt.

PS: A man knows who his heart belongs to, if you like do monkey flips on his d!ck and fry his chicken on diamond oil, if it's not you then it's not you. Ce que sera sera.

You've said it all. Thanks for the wonderful post. More cucumbers to you.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Ikpangi: 6:37am On Nov 19, 2016
Nothing spoil if a woman cook for a man she dates
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by niyi123: 6:37am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:
I find this very interesting to discuss here and I will go straight to the point.

I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him. It is important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life.if you are his friend,you act like his friend and if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife, you also act like one.

A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you, what threat wil I give you when we get married?
I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife! What are your opinion ladies?

men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks

The fact is that no lady has a space in a man's life, unless she is married to him.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Dfinex(f): 6:40am On Nov 19, 2016
baum1:

Very hypocritical, I cannot believe some people are arguing it...Are they saying cooking is worth more than sharing their most private being with someone who is not their husband? Wow, so this's how sex before marriage has been trivialized lipsrsealed

bros on which side of the divide are u please?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

if you can loiter around his bedroom, cuddle all night and then fucccck like married couples, nothing can stop you from loitering in his kitchen as well.

I now understand why you all are regarded as fish brains.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by legibow: 6:46am On Nov 19, 2016
It is not important but necessary if she want to end up as his wife.....
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by hensben(m): 6:48am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

I help arranging the stuffs and he cook them
Just say you don't know how to cook. I know ya kind.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Ifeoma1992(f): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Yes.. A Lady suppose to cook for hiz man

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Fourwinds: 6:56am On Nov 19, 2016
crazymommy:
young lady look here,what mimzy is saying shows alot of maturity and common sense,if a lady goes to see her boyfriend and she allows him to have sex whenever she visit him even when he has not paid her bride price now what should now be the big deal in the regular cooking whenever she visits him??if the regular cooking For him as a girlfriend is wrong then also it is wrong to continue having sex with you like a wife that he has paid bride price on??......?sex is mutual understanding you claimed and yes !!cooking is same too because i do not think any sane guy will put knife on your neck if you do not cook for him,by the way the food you are cooking ,you sef can /will eat out of it so you are also cooking for yourself too,it is not big deal...if the regularly cooking for someone you are not married to is wrong or downgrading then Same way sex with the person you are not married too should be wrong based on your "big deal in the regular cooking"....if you are someone that you are in a "no sex" relationship and you tell me "regular cooking to someone you are not married to is somehow wrong then i would totally agree with you...but if it is otherwise then it is a stark hypocrisy.....even one of your comments you mentioned something like what if she cooks everything she can cook for him while dating then what will happen when they finally get married when he is already used to all her cooking already before the marriage,well the same thing applies to the sex,he is already eating the food between her legs already even before they got married...so they are all the same thing.do u even know that many ladies do even prefer cooking the food she will eat out of it because she does not want to eat a food that will be cooked by her boyfriend and might not be sweet or satisfying enough so she prefers to cook the food herself....what determines a good marriage is beyond rules....
this is wisdom...I take a bow

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

So she is your slave! The only thing good you think can come from her is food? I am beginning to hate Nigerian men

LoL. You're still a kid.

As get more matured you will understand life.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Realhommie(m): 6:57am On Nov 19, 2016
EmperorLee:

Area cheesy. Ose how e dey be na ?
Area.... cheesy

Ose Ehnnnn, if i hear say i be ose,grin... Bobs, everywhere just dey konki oooooo, no mata sha.

I greet you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 6:57am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

It is not a bad thing if he do the cooking
judging from your Dp, I really don't blame you for creating this thread.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by lanre147(m): 6:58am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

see sister nobody will false u to cook 4 him but one thing i know his,i can't take u serious when i know each tym i visit u na hungry go kill me.
p.s:my ex used to say same thing during our early stage in d relationship but afta some tym when d love hook her she do say me cooking for u is romantic.. so it depend on love
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 19, 2016
hmmmm this is serious. ..do whatever that pleases u .
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 7:01am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

So she is your slave! The only thing good you think can come from her is food? I am beginning to hate Nigerian men
no reasonable Nigerian man will like you either.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by linusbnn(m): 7:01am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

My thoughts too but girls feel it is their right to cook for a guy who hasn't even officially propose to you

My thought too but girls feel it's their right to request for cash from a guy who hasn't even officially propose to you
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 7:02am On Nov 19, 2016
Stupedinluv:
So you cook for a guy that you are not married to.

Good girl. Onye oma

NL guys are coming to dish out likes for you.
but you can fucccck him abi?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 7:04am On Nov 19, 2016
asuo27:
Cooking always for your boyfriend...are you his wife?, if he needs a permanent cook then he should do the needful.

if you don't cook, someone else will, I trust naija guys.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by ocheche247: 7:07am On Nov 19, 2016
infact thank you for posting this. My fiancé and I live close to each other. I cook a lot for us. Meaning he either eats at my place everyday or I cook at his place. The issue is this, he comes to my place late at night say around 10pm and expects me to wake up and make eba for him but I tell him no please he should help himself out from the pot atleast when its late. Yesterday this happened and he threatened to end the relationship that I must cook for him always. Please people tell me is he right? Concerning sex we hardly have sex cos I believe it's wrong. He is yet to pay my bride price and I feel he is demanding too much. am I wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Question Of The Day: Can You Date Without Sex? / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? / My Girlfriend Changes DP & Uploads Selfies At Least Twice A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.