Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? (12729 Views)

Poll: vote for which is the most important in a relationship to you

Trust/ Honesty: 23% (223 votes)
sense of humor: 3% (37 votes)
moral values: 9% (92 votes)
Looks: 4% (43 votes)
Respect: 9% (91 votes)
Love: 19% (185 votes)
sexual compatibility: 6% (63 votes)
materials/ properties: 0% (9 votes)
communication: 10% (100 votes)
Dependability: 1% (11 votes)
Chemistry: 3% (33 votes)
commitment: 7% (74 votes)
others pls specify: 0% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

What Matters Most To You In A Relationship? / What Matters Most In Dating, Money Or Love? / Calabar Women, Champion In Where It Matters Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 06, 2009
here's my top three:

Love= without love there is no bonding.
Trust = Love is never solid without trust.
Respect= without respect, you wouldn't know each others
importance. the rest fellow cool
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by iice(f): 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2009
Nearly all matters to me ooo grin

Honesty/Trust
Chemistry (sexual and mental)
Open-minded
Humor
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by eyonigger(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2009
iice:

Nearly all matters to me ooo grin

Honesty/Trust
Chemistry (sexual and mental)
Open-minded
Humor

All cnt be classified in the same %tage.

To me, understanding is one thing that matters the most, all others are there, but the emboldened means mor
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by idadeuk(m): 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2009
love,trust/honesty,respect,

To me Trust is wot matter most
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by whitesturd(f): 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
Respect_without respect,there is no love
Love
moral values
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by hackney(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2009
Honesty.
pure and simple
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by bouguoer: 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2009
To me relationship should be built on love and honesty, love is the foundation of any lasting relationship,any relation that is built on love can withstand any storm,just as Christ because of his love for mankind undergone the pain of going to cross just to redeemed us from the bondage of satan.Honesty breed trust between the people involve in the relationship,while trust is the pillar that help  to sustain the relationship,communication is a bridge builder of the relationship because of the fact that two people of differennt background are coming together ,  it is effective communication that  help to bridge any individual differences between the two people involve in the relationship.the product of communication in a relationship is understanding.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by denony(m): 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2009
IT'S ALL ABOUT
LOVE+TRUST+HONEST AND UNDERSTANDING = TRUE AND LONG LASTING RELATIONSHIP
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by mayonikks: 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2009
bouguoer:

To me relationship should be built on love and honesty, love is the foundation of any lasting relationship,any relation that is built on love can withstand any storm,just as Christ because of his love for mankind undergone the pain of going to cross just to redeemed us from the bondage of satan.Honesty breed trust between the people involve in the relationship,while trust is the pillar that help  to sustain the relationship,communication is a bridge builder of the relationship because of the fact that two people of differennt background are coming together ,  it is effective communication that  help to bridge any individual differences between the two people involve in the relationship.the product of communication in a relationship is understanding.

Well said, well said,
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by jmoore(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2009
honesty.trust,love and looks
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by ekoboy: 2:08pm On Nov 07, 2009
Who are all these ppl talking about love. Love cannot exist if the other options are not available. Love is the manifestation of all the other factors ranging from looks, trust, communication, sexual compatibility, sense of humour e.t.c. Guys get real, you will certainly love someone you trust, can communicate with, has a sense the sense of humour you like.

By the way i don't believe in love at first sight. You could like the person's looks, but if you guys cannot communicate, you don't trust the person, the so called love will fly out of the window. Love develops as you relate with the person and find out that you guys have somethings in common,
So i think i will take, LOOKS, TRUST, COMMUNICATION, SEXUAL COMPATIBILITY(sex is important, i mean thats about the only game couples spend time playing together, so it got to be good).

1 Like

Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by otokx(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2009
I'd suggest a regrouping of the above options.

Moral values in my own opinion covers trust, honesty, respect, commitment, dependability.

Sexual compatibility should be rephrased with "attraction" replacing "compatibility"
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by vicishow(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2009
What matters to me most in a relationship is faithfulness and truthfulness. Enjoy.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by yme1(f): 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2009
all matters to me wink

COMMUNICATION
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by ofala(m): 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2009
Many of the factors outlined are inter-related. But I think we should dwell more on compatibility. It has more of the considerations in it!
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by paddylo1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2009
love, chemistry, sexual compatibility, trust/honesty,

but to find all these in one person is the problem, lol,
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by echofamozo(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2009
To me, what matters most in a relationship is LOVE, TOLERANCE ,FRIENDSHIP and PRAYERS cos no man is perfect.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Secretz(f): 4:32pm On Nov 07, 2009
Communication. grin
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by iorhenter(m): 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2009
lol now I can see, the problem is heartbreak, well I guess u are new to love

@ sexyLeamon

lol are you saying those that are old to love have KPOMO (canda) heart that does not break? grin grin grin
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by NeroPapas(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
To me Love is the most important thing! It will make you stand when trust fails, it will make you carry on when the bridge of communication collapse, it will make you swallow your pride when you are treated with disdain, it will make your go extra mile to put a smile on the other party's face when you are perfroming below expectations, etc

It's not how people feel about you, it's how you feel about them. Read below message sent to me by a frien and you'll understand better:

A thought to share
It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On examining it I saw it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors and got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while! As she is a victim of Alzheimer's disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now. I was surprised and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?' He smiled as he patted my hand and said, 'She doesn't know me but I still know who she is.' I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm and thought, 'That is the kind of love I want in my life. True love is neither physical nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
Peace is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank. The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by slimes(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2009
A relationship only exists if there is mutual consent & tolerance.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by r231(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2009
Personality of course is very important. If you can't connect with someone then a relationship is pretty pointless.

And once you're in a relationship the most important things are trust and honesty
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Nonnyl(m): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2009
Love, trust and understanding.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by skillworks(m): 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2009
From my experiences, I have always cherished ladies who have good communication lives. That means we can freely talk about 'anything'.

skillworks
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Kay17: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2009
Cash, fast rides are prerequisite in true relationship.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Austin234(m): 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2009
i think it is the fear of God first. the rest can then follow
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2009
I can't date a guy that lacks sense of humour. I mean at a point I might kill him for being so dull. lipsrsealed
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Uniboy: 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2009
I think it goes without saying dat d most imp.ingredient in rela/ship is lov and others in ur list are actually products of lov.in these part of d world,som ppl only definition 4 lov is sex and dat is where we got it completely wrong.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by 0251: 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2009
love and trust are very important in relationship. i know i have that for my guy n he knows too. every other thing comes after.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2009
COMMUNICATION IS THE ROADMAP TO ALL THE OTHER QUALITIES.
ONE THING I BELIEVE ABOUT LOVE IS THAT ONCE YOU LOVE GOD, HE WILL CAUSE YOUR PARTNER TO LOVE YOU.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Princek12(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2009
Attractiveness, since it is, in my own opinion, the gateway to other qualities. Thereafter, friendliness, niceness, fear of God, ability to cook, and being extremely good in bed.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Pelummy(f): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2009
if u want a relatnship 2 last,u must respect each other first,trust & be honest 2 each oda,then u av 2 commit urself in other 4 d LOVE 2 grow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Leaked BBM Chat Conversation Between A Female Student And A Guy Bargainin 4 Moni / Meet The Sexiest Woman In The U.S Army (see Her Romantic Photos) / Only Babes Do This In Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.