Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? (12730 Views)

Poll: vote for which is the most important in a relationship to you

Trust/ Honesty: 23% (223 votes)
sense of humor: 3% (37 votes)
moral values: 9% (92 votes)
Looks: 4% (43 votes)
Respect: 9% (91 votes)
Love: 19% (185 votes)
sexual compatibility: 6% (63 votes)
materials/ properties: 0% (9 votes)
communication: 10% (100 votes)
Dependability: 1% (11 votes)
Chemistry: 3% (33 votes)
commitment: 7% (74 votes)
others pls specify: 0% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

What Matters Most To You In A Relationship? / What Matters Most In Dating, Money Or Love? / Calabar Women, Champion In Where It Matters Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by whiteroses(f): 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2009
eyi to nitelorun, its got to be me only. no eyes for anyone else
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Boboribo: 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2009
Moral values. Others will fall in pleasant lines once the moral test is passed.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by ritaNL: 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2009
My man has to be God fearing,dat matters to me most and all other things shall be added unto it.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by inme: 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2009
all of the above
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by koolchicco: 10:31pm On Nov 07, 2009
in me:

all of the above

. . .And more
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by linkin8k(m): 12:39am On Nov 08, 2009
Honesty n trust r important
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by violent(m): 1:34am On Nov 08, 2009
NeroPapas:

To me Love is the most important thing! It will make you stand when trust fails, it will make you carry on when the bridge of communication collapse, it will make you swallow your pride when you are treated with disdain, it will make your go extra mile to put a smile on the other party's face when you are perfroming below expectations, etc

It's not how people feel about you, it's how you feel about them. Read below message sent to me by a frien and you'll understand better:

A thought to share
It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On examining it I saw it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors and got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while! As she is a victim of Alzheimer's disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now. I was surprised and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?' He smiled as he patted my hand and said, 'She doesn't know me but I still know who she is.' I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm and thought, 'That is the kind of love I want in my life. True love is neither physical nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
Peace is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank. The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Nice one
It sounded familiar to one i have heard before:
A young boy was asked what the meaning of love is and he replied "Love is when my Granpa does pedicure for my grandma because she's down with parkinson, but he does it anyway, even though he has parkinson too"
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by violent(m): 1:36am On Nov 08, 2009
I think friendship and respect are about the two most important, Love is born out of all these. and then sex, then more sex cool
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Uche2nna(m): 1:39am On Nov 08, 2009
violent:

I think friendship and respect are about the two most important, Love is born out of all these. and then sex, then more sex cool

hehehehehe
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by triistar86: 2:50am On Nov 08, 2009
love, chemistry, respect, trust and honesty. . . .chikennah! With all that ma Mimi and Mi would make it thru. . . .!
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 08, 2009
Too much idealism here. How can one possibly underrate sexual compatibility?
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by donshaq(m): 6:05am On Nov 08, 2009
I am truly in search of a life partner which has some desirable qualities like honesty, understanding and motherly care. Please interested ladies can mail me personally at azexclusive@gmail.com.

I await ur honest reply
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Beanshead: 7:40am On Nov 08, 2009
Make this season a special one, give a special gift to that special someone, we pack xmas hampers and deliver it to ur doorstep within 48hrs you ordered for it anywhere in lagos, so why not book for one today? Call A.y on 08136094136, 07087022381, 08091610369 or call Ester on 08091639286. . . Call today, sit at home, and wait for your hamper! Its that simple.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Beanshead: 7:41am On Nov 08, 2009
Make this season a special one, give a special gift to that special someone, we pack xmas hampers and deliver it to ur doorstep within 48hrs you ordered for it anywhere in lagos, so why not book for one today? Call A.y on 08136094136, 07087022381, 08091610369 or call Ester on 08091639286. . . Call today, sit at home, and wait for your hamper! Its that simple.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by violent(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2009
donshaq:

I am truly in search of a life partner which has some desirable qualities like honesty, understanding and motherly care. Please interested ladies can mail me personally at azexclusive@gmail.com.

I await your honest reply

If you need one, u go out and get urself one, am getting sick of dudes tht hope to get chics on forums like this
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by johnnygan(m): 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2009
Well what could possible sustain my relationship are the following:
1. Sadist Sex
2. Vulgar language
3. Multiple dates
4. Terrible culture
5. Greedy habits

these 5 listed will make your relationship stronger if you try them as well. But don't say i didn't warn u
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Joe50(m): 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2009
Honesty and trust are the pillars that holds relationship. But our girls nowdays if you never f**k them, you deserve no respect yet, no matter how honest you are.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by wendieposh: 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2009
respect,trust,sense of humour and sexual attraction and compatibility is all i need!!!
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by knight4u(m): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2009
TRUST
Without trust, there can be no faith; without faith, there can be no love; without love, there can be no relationship!
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by muffins(f): 12:13am On Nov 09, 2009
Nothing. angry
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by willis2k9(m): 4:46am On Nov 09, 2009
for me,honesty.because is the foundation of others things
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by EiXoM(m): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2009
What matters most in a relationship is compromise, that has to do with understanding, the love can be there but without understanding it will not last. with understanding every other thing can follow.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:06am On Nov 09, 2009
Trust, honesty, compatibility, love, mutual respect, understanding, commitment, moral values, these things play an important role for me in a relationship.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by shollyaj(m): 9:16am On Nov 09, 2009
Sigh, That'z one Hell of A Q,but I'd Rather say don't get involve it all aint tru or worth it, No matter what u think u want in a relationship,best pray to dear lawd u get it,I think Trust and tru Lovin is it, U can't love when u don't and or can't trust ur partner, Besides, Lovin Don't even worth it, Just fuq the C,get up and act like its all smooth,cas at the end of that day, u aint gettin what u wanted, Everythin from 18 to 30 na shere shere, don't cut a dawh's head off now, Smooth
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by EiXoM(m): 9:22am On Nov 09, 2009
All these are qualities that will manifest, if both parties will understand one another, because in a case where there is no understanding there is no love, mutual respect, commitment nor moral values. u r as beautiful as the qualities u desire.

ThoniaSlim:

Trust, honesty, compatibility, love, mutual respect, understanding, commitment, moral values, these things play an important role for me in a relationship.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by kemisuga(f): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2009
Simply GENUINE LOVE.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by lorebobo(f): 11:19am On Nov 09, 2009
Love is not the most important in a relationship. Understanding, compromise, not taking your partner for granted, respect, sexual compatibility and friendship are very important in a relationship. Based on these, the love will blossom.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2009
Love can be a very complicated things when there is no understanding. I think SexyL was right tho.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by EiXoM(m): 12:11pm On Nov 09, 2009
the most important like i have always said is understandind but b4 this there must be love, cos love conquers all things.
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Abbeycity4(f): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
Wat matters most in a Relationship are Trust/Honesty Money/Love tongue
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by Jaylone(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2009
"Two are better than one, " So what matters most in this relationship?

", and a threefold cord is not quickly broken"

What is that third factor? Search
Re: What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? by jaybee3(m): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2009
trust/honesty all the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What’s Your Pretty Privilege Story ? / My Sugar Mommy Wants Us To Get Married...im Confused / Boob Movement Founder Abby Chioma Pats Her Vagina As She Twerks Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.