Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) (64548 Views)

Soldier: The Python We Killed At Front Line Today / See The Big Snake A Lady Killed In Her Farm (Photos) / A Huge Python My Brother Killed In His Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

The name of the snake is Black Mamba

You don't wanna come in contact with that evil

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, it froze the blood

And for the people saying that it's a king cobra, how old are you guys ?? Even a 4 year old kid can tell you how cobras look like but you guys stupidity is amazing

Cobras have flat hooded heads

There are no cobras in Nigeria

The only cobra you will find in Africa is the black-necked spitting cobra, and it's only in Mozambique

The second picture i will attach is how a cobra looks like

What does identifying a snake have to do with age now? Why lunge straight for age as your first defence? and what is the crime in bieng young anyway? I have no idea why the "i'm older than you therefore more knowledgeable than you" argument seems to acceptable on this forum.

Now with regards to your false assertions and so-called facts:

1. There are several different types of cobras found all over Africa including in Nigeria.

2. I really hope for your sake that you do not mean to insinuate that cobras always appear with flat hooded heads? wow!! so you really do not know anything an yet are the one making so much noise! for your info, cobras only display display the flared neck/hood when acting in aggression. in their normal state they have a regular looking head.

3. The picture in questions is from my superficial analysis definitely a cobra.

avail yourself of this resource (http://animals.mom.me/countries-cobras-4322.html), and avoid further embarrassing moments.

8 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by festusbarry(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
SeanBeezy:
Photos Of A Poisonous Snake That Was Killed Today At MOUAU Fish Farm In Umudike

Below are photos of a poisonous snake that was actually captured by a trap today at our University fish farm. I don't even know the particular specie, I hope someone helps me

This doesn't look like a real snake to me ,someone should look closer , u claim to have killed a snake and their is no mark on the body and the lady is holding the snake like say she wan vote for Buhari again
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by sod09(m): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
ncoolsome:

Pls ooh remind me again..how does a dead snake bite??to many Nigerian home video..even plus people that liked d comment wonder why??
if d fangs scratch any part of d body it's can still release venom
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by ringi82(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, it froze the blood

And for the people saying that it's a king cobra, how old are you guys ?? Even a 4 year old kid can tell you how cobras look like but you guys stupidity is amazing

There are no cobras in Nigeria

The only cobra you will find in Africa is the black-necked spitting cobra, and it's only in Mozambique

You are mistaken. What makes you think there are no cobras in Nigeria? I've seen a cobra in the north. It was trapped inside an abandoned and empty swimming pool at the kano campus of the Nigerian law school, bagauda. That was in 2005. We saw it live with its hooded head raised head and ready to strike when we taunted it with stones.
You should also know that black mambas are not necessarily black but got its name originally from its forked black tongue. They are also very scarce in this part of the world, they are mostly seen in East Africa. Source; National Geographic.

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Laconfidential(m): 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
sod09:
abi
d size is giving me headache
but there are no king cobra in africa

Heard of the Egyptian cobra and Mozambique spitting cobra?..
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
Polyestar:

Where will you find King Cobra in Nigeria? Or even Africa? grin
King Cobra is found only in Southeastern Asia, especially India.

LOL! Maybe you don't know King Cobra is so big and poisonous it can kill and swallow a full-grown python, that's why you're comparing it with that small thing the Op is showing us.

Well, I saw one in Tema, Ghana.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

Do you know what i studied in the university and what i do for a living ??

I will school you about snakes
Who cares what you studied are you not a Nigeria graduate or student? Watin una know.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by C505: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

There are scarcity of cobras in Nigeria

that cant be mamba bro. you see the yellow/black stripes around the belly, mambas dont enjot that colour. If it's not a cobra, definately it'll be a water snake. even the cobra you put in the pix comes close to what the op posted and cobras head arent flat. they make it flat themselves when hooding

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by sod09(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
Laconfidential:

Heard of the Egyptian cobra and Mozambique spitting cobra?..
yes...cobra are mostly populated in Egypt
do u know king cobra is different from cobra

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Polyestar(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
NovusHomo:

Ask them well, it was imported from Asia.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SIRmanjar(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
We have black mambaz in west Africa but dey are very few.Black mambaz are mainly found in the eastrn ad southern part of Africa.
Cobras can b found almost everywere in Africa ad dey can be found in Nigeria.we have two types of cobraz..The spitting cobra ad d non spitting cobra.The cobra we hav here in Nigeria iz the spitting cobra which iz very deadly.

3 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by arabianights: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Polyestar:

Where will you find King Cobra in Nigeria? Or even Africa? grin
King Cobra is found only in Southeastern Asia, especially India.

LOL! Maybe you don't know King Cobra is so big and poisonous it can kill and swallow a full-grown python, that's why you're comparing it with that small thing the Op is showing us.
cobra swallo? Oookkkk.. I need to hit Google now but I never read on cobra swallow na python. However let me hit Google and stand to be corrected
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by gretblue: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mikylopez:
awwwwn tnx
Hope u understand the figurative expression in his quote?
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by arabianights: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
sod09:
yes...cobra are mostly populated in Egypt
do u know king cobra is different from cobra
what is the difference?
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by femi4: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mikylopez:
dah girl tried ooo i cant touch a snake o I've never even seen a snake
nice boobs

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by ShokiScientist: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
Looks like a black mamba.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by arabianights: 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
NovusHomo:

hope you know snakes can be imported and bred? America did it and see how Florida is facing Burmese python issues. The snake is one he'll of a huge evil
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by gretblue: 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
greg42:

Lolzzzzz. I wan die with laugh grin grin grin
The guy na badoooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Laconfidential(m): 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

There are scarcity of cobras in Nigeria

Though I agree that the snake in question is a black mamba rather than a cobra.............. The Mozambique spitting cobra isn't the only cobra found in Africa...............though on really rare occasions you would encounter both cobras and black mambas in Nigeria
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
balanceofterror1:

How can you tell someone who's in Nigeria to visit a zoo, is there any other zoo than....

Don't call my Nigeria a zoo angry undecided
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Polyestar(m): 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
arabianights:
cobra swallo? Oookkkk.. I need to hit Google now but I never read on cobra swallow na python. However let me hit Google and stand to be corrected
King Cobra, not just any cobra.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

Do you know what i studied in the university and what i do for a living ??

I will school you about snakes
who cares what you studied, are you not a Nigeria graduate or student? Watin una know you calling this snake a black mamba show that you know nothing about snakes, in fact you are an embarrassment to the school you represent.

4 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SIRmanjar(m): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
NovusHomo:

The guy funny wella he shuld know d diffrence between a king cobra ad a normal African cobra.He tinkz we are kidz he can jxt tell anytin.We hav spitting cobraz here in Naija nt king cobra but hiz still insisting derz none.
He said he did experiment wit a black mamba venom.can u imagine d akara hiz frying 4 little kidz?

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by redsun(m): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
One would have thought that supposedly educated agriculturists will know what better to do with a snake than killed it brutally. At a time when institutions like that should be researching different kind of snakes in nigeria,differentiating the venomous ones from the non venomous and working out ways to milk the venomous ones for anti venon and data gathering.

Lazy intellectualism is the bane of africa inexcusable backwardness,

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by arabianights: 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
Polyestar:

I got you well make I finish with Google. Why do we have snakes? I can't even seem to understand as if we are now having an epidemic. Everyday snake snake. I hate them
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by eaglechild: 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
That is NOT a black mamba and it is not a KING cobra.

However, it is an AFRICAN FOREST COBRA.

It matches the size and the dorsal striations.

Also another pointer is the habitat. They like water and are deemed semi aquatic.

Cobras will expose there hood mostly when threatened so absence of the hood in the picture does not rule out a cobra.

It is a forest cobra.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by GourmetChef: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
donfemo:

Yeah agreed, you could scratch the fang and venom will pass, but not that the dead snake will bite you. In fact the venom could be transferred in various ways i get that.

Actually, a snake can still bite even after it's killed.

The reason is simple: snakes have extremely sloooooow metabolisms: they use energy very slowly. This means that their brains don't completely or immediately die and are still capable of activity from residual oxygen in the blood up to 30 minutes after bodily death. Thus, a snake's head can strike even after it has been cut off.

Search the internet. There are many stories of snakes biting people after they've supposedly been killed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by arabianights: 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
Polyestar:

OK... But according to my research, it states small pythons. I don't c king cobra swallowing a large python especially a Burmese python. That one na lie. It might be the longest but width plays a part also . what's the largest python you have seen?
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SIRmanjar(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
maxwell60:
who cares what you studied, are you not a Nigeria graduate or student? Watin una know you calling this snake a black mamba show that you know nothing about snakes, in fact you are an embarrassment to the school you represent.
I wanted to kwote u b4 I mistaknly kwote dat nuvoshomo guy.
Now im go skool abi?im even talk say im use the venom do experiment.
Abeg help me ask d proffesur how im take catch d blackmamba ad were im catch am,ad again d lab wey im use,ad Wetin make am start d research,ad Wetin im wan use d result do?
Abi im tink say we be pikin.Infact im don yab person intelligence.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by JosephYbholy(m): 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
[size=20pt] I fear snakes more than girls [/size][size=20pt] I fear snakes more than girls [/size][size=20pt] I fear snakes more than girls [/size]
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by humblemikel(f): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
Klamour:
Hmmmmm

I know that Lala will be automatically interested.

I'm wondering why so many snake deaths these days.

Lala, your Undergraduate pet has been slayed in school oooo
I CANT FIT LAUGH.... UNIVERSITIES NEW COURSE OUTLINE
(1) LALASTICALISM--- THE STUDY OF SNAKE AND RELATED ISSUES
(2)BUHARILISM--- THE STUDY OF RECESSION AND ECONOMIC MISMANAGEMENT

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Mikylopez(f): 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
gretblue:

Hope u understand the figurative expression in his quote?
wait i jes did.... shii some guys sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice / Man Dies In Car Accident In Asaba, Three Days After His Wedding (Photos) / Big Snake Seen Inside A Toilet (WC) In Ekpoma, Edo State (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.