Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK (56325 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Secretly Acquired Power-Bikes, DSS Operatives Sacked - Daily Post / "Buhari Should Withdraw Army From The East & Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone" - FFK / Why I Think Buhari Fired The Army From Aso Rock! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by ibrahimbashir99(m): 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kingbuhari:
Trump said we are lazy and I agree with him.. instead of buying it abroad why not send our vibrant youths to go and learn how to build that machine from scratch.... only in Nigeria u will see certificateless incompetent cattle rearer as a President

And your professor enmeritus Gej didn't know he should've done that b4 the boko's took over.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
modern weapons are carried by our AF special forces regulars carry the AK 47, y'all would just be shouting we need better weapons ... Now you know we do

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by ibrahimbashir99(m): 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
adegeye38:

Guy, no army uses ak47s again, except armies of third world countries like somalia, Afghanistan and other african countries, but not by an army of our standing, it is also mostly used by terrorists.

The ak47 the NAF are using was designed in 1947 and started production 1949 -1959, barrel: 7.62 × 39mm .

New assault rifles are now being produced with, better accuracy, light weight, easy handling,and can be used to launch grenades, like the MI6, m4 and beryl assault rifles etc
Please educate them more...
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
see

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2016

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
UN peace keeping

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Pylony(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Government should also buy some sophisticated guns for our soldiers,i always feels like crying any time i see our soldiers carrying AK 47 in 2016

Those who are mentioning me seriously need orientation,I wonder why you are stilll singing AK47 like AKON when it's out of arsenal of Russia that made it

We are talking about assault Riffles that can release 2000 bullets per min not AK 47 with just 60 bullets

AK 47 is only good for Arm Robbbers not battlefield
The pass administration thought of replacing the Ak47 with a more sophisticated Battle field rifle but was not possible with the weapon embargo place on the country.

It will be possible only when America take off the embargo they placed on us, prohibiting the sales of more sophisticated weapons to Nigeria on the grounds of a said human right violations by our Arm forces in the North east.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Kingbuhari(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
ibrahimbashir99:

And your professor enmeritus Gej didn't know he should've done that b4 the boko's took over.
since ur Messiah buhari is here let him solve the problem
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by dabossman(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
morbeta:
Our army don learn selfie, all NIGERIA army are modeling for Nairaland. Is okay.....continue

It's funny you should be making this comment in 2016. Are these soldiers not part of the larger community? Do those soldiers not look like young men who know what current trends are? Or you think because they are soldiers they shouldn't be socially conscious?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Lamzzyy(m): 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
This is rubbish.. What is that a desert swiper or what? mtcheew wasting of money we need aircraft not stupid tractors no ISIS fighter can show their face now in afghanistan because the whole place is mounted by drones and jets......
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Harvigh:

While won't argue that the ak47 is a very good assault rifle, but saying its the best ever produced is just mere exaggeration. C'mmon man, its not even better than the ak74 which is actually an improvement on the ak47. I've done my research on that, u can also do ur research to understand what am talking about.
why not tell us that assault rifle that bests ak47 in durability, ruggedness, range, availability and price.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by idupaul: 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
dopedealer:

What do you know about guns ?
Do you need to be told that Ak47 is obsolete
The govt can acquire tavor , garlin or even F2000
For this men ready to serve there country.
I hope i answered ur question.

Its called a Gatlin not a garlin and it's not even an assault rifle
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by wasuka14(m): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
CastedDude:
The Nigerian Army has acquired a new military hardware: Armtrac 400: The Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) which is manufactured in the United Kingdom -is inducted for Conventional Demining and EO Clearance Operations, Technical Survey and EO Reconnaissance, Support to C-IED operations Support to Route Clearance operations and Surface/Sub-surface IED Disposal. See photos below;

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/nigerian-army-acquires-sophisticated.html
Pipeline vandals and BH boys, your end is near.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by honestpoju: 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

Ok name a gun better than ak47

bros they are very many of them. you can start from that list up above you. there's quite a few there. then google is also your friend. God bless..
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Mobsync(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Government should also buy some sophisticated guns for our soldiers,i always feels like crying any time i see our soldiers carrying AK 47 in 2016

Those who are mentioning me seriously need orientation,I wonder why you are stilll singing AK47 like AKON when it's out of arsenal of Russia that made it

We are talking about assault Riffles that can release 2000 bullets per min not AK 47 with just 60 bullets

AK 47 is only good for Arm Robbbers not battlefield

Nigeria does not use AK-47. In fact, it would be very difficult if not impossible to find any standing army or terrorist group using the AK-47 today. The variant we use is the AK 74 and several similar derivatives.

The AK 74 is not outdated. Military hardware do not become outdated that easily. They simply go through series and series of upgrades before they are put into storage and finally, taken out of use.

Modern AK's - which are derivatives of the AK 74 and consequently, AK 47 - have polymer (and not wooden) buttstocks, rails for scopes and other accessories and the likes. Nigeria simply needs to either upgrade the existing AK's in its armouries or just buy the modern variant.

Either way, the AK is still relevant but it seriously needs upgrades.

Note that the 72nd mobile strike force of the Nigerian Army makes use of the Beryl carbine, another AK 47 variant made in Poland. The Quick Response Force of the Nigerian Air Force, the Special Boat Service of the Nigerian Navy and the State security Service (SSS) also make use of the Israel made Tavor 21 bullup rifles. The SSS also uses the Belgan FN F2000 bullup rifle and the FN Minimi machine gun. They are all sexy looking weapons.

Also, 30 round magazines is the standard for assault rifles.

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

you know dat long machine gun dat have 50 mouth.dat arsenal dat Terminator used on judgement day wen he was blasting those police cars wit d gun and d police were running for their lives.am sure dat gun is way better Dan ak47.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by brojoshua: 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Righteousness exalts a nation( not even weapons of war), But sin (of injustice, corruption,.. ) is a reproach to any people.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Mobsync(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
kenonze:

It depends on purpose.

Funny enough Ak47 is not even among top 10 rifle in modern combat.

1:L115A3 AWM (British)

2:Cheytac .408 cal 

3:Barrett .50 Cal

4:AS50 (Bristish)

5:Dragunov SVD (Soviet Union)

6:PSG1 (German)

7:M21 (American)

These are marksman (aka sniper) rifles. The AK is an assault rifle.

It is also difficult to compare weapons. Different sites would always give different rankings. What might be number 1 in one would be number 10 in another. There is also the issue of politics. An American site would never put a Russian weapon over theirs just as a Russian site would never say an American weapon is better than theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Rozaystunna(m): 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
kenonze:

It depends on purpose.

Funny enough Ak47 is not even among top 10 rifle in modern combat.

1:L115A3 AWM (British)

2:Cheytac .408 cal 

3:Barrett .50 Cal

4:AS50 (Bristish)

5:Dragunov SVD (Soviet Union)

6:PSG1 (German)

7:M21 (American)
some of these afor mentioned are snipers

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by 1stdammy: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
falcon01:
This one na harvester na
Of coz, BOKO HARAM time don ripe nah, so na to harvest them na e remain.......or dem no they harvestable
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by dihno4real(m): 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
illitrate:
I no like AK47, I like that one wey boko haram dey carry shoulder, shout something then shoot grin
I no remember wetin dey they shout grin grin grin

RPG.... rocket propelled grenade
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

kalashnikov, m16, m103, dragnov
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by HERSLEY(f): 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

It might not be the best in all aspects but for all round in African whether it is surly more flexible far better than any M-series in its class

Russians, China still use it till today
sometimes, wen u dont know something, itz better u keep mute.

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by mrvitalis(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
flamyd:
kalashnikov, m16, m103, dragnov

Lol m series better than ak47 joke of the year
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
nigerians are hungry but the slowpoke!c leaders are spending money buying tons of metals. for what? Adonno!
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
Boko harams wl be in very serious trouble this days grin
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by MrMontella(m): 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
SmartyPants:

The AK47 is a highly competent assault rifle in the hands of a well trained soldier.

With regards to your bolded, why are you spinning figures out of thin air? there is not a single assault rifle in the world that can churn out anything close to that many bullets in a minute. The only weapon i know of that can do something similar is a minigun which are usually mounted on helicopters.

First of all do you know how heavy a weapon that can chamber 2000 bullets would be?

I can't stop looking at this post and shaking my head. Assault rifle that fires 2000 rounds per minute? There is not even an assaullt rifle that can fire up to 500 rounds a minute.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAMAS
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Tavor_TAR-21
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/T91_assault_rifle
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_G36
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Micro_Tavor-21
and many more
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by erico2k2(m): 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by erico2k2(m): 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mobsync:

These are marksman (aka sniper) rifles. The AK is an assault rifle.

It is also difficult to compare weapons. Different sites would always give different rankings. What might be number 1 in one would be number 10 in another. There is also the issue of politics. An American site would never put a Russian weapon over theirs just as a Russian site would never say an American weapon is better than theirs.
REad here, these are all assault rifles.By definition
http://www.military-today.com/firearms/top_10_assault_rifles.htm
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by MrMontella(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
adegeye38:

Guy, no army uses ak47s again, except armies of third world countries like somalia, Afghanistan and other african countries, but not by an army of our standing, it is also mostly used by terrorists.

The ak47 the NAF are using was designed in 1947 and started production 1949 -1959, barrel: 7.62 × 39mm .

New assault rifles are now being produced with, better accuracy, light weight, easy handling,and can be used to launch grenades, like the MI6, m4 and beryl assault rifles etc
afghan's army is not a third world army...
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Cannonleo(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

Don't mind that dude who doesn't have an idea about gun and you too there are guns better than AK but AK is one of the best for close range Combat like this.

The m4 riffle is a good shit.
I admit that the varient of the Kalashnikov ie AK 103,74,Berly(used by NA SF), 109 etc outclassed the basic type 88,nd AR-45 models of the AK-47 but only because of one word. modifications shekina. all Kalashnikovs still maintain the intricate gas powers chamber and displacement system that has made the Ak the weapon of choice in all engagement.
In Vietnam Us troops threw away their M-16s after they got jammed or wet from moisture to pick NvA Aks. in the first and second gulf wars. the baby M4A1 was ditched by coalition troops in places like Al quassa for fallen iraqi troops AK-47 due to the clothing of dust in their chambers.

the Ak will fire in the sun,rain,mud and 200m under water without problems.
weapons are not about beauty but effectiveness I admit that most weapons beat the 350m range of a good shot with an AK but just the addition of scopes and pistol grip to the annoying AK will make it a killer weapon.

immerse an M4,M16 in water for 30minutes and do same to an AK and see which would fire without jamming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye Burnt In Kogi. Photos / MC Oluomo Was Only Joking About 'iya Chukwudi' - Police PRO, Muyiwa Adejobi / Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.