Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK (56371 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Secretly Acquired Power-Bikes, DSS Operatives Sacked - Daily Post / "Buhari Should Withdraw Army From The East & Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone" - FFK / Why I Think Buhari Fired The Army From Aso Rock! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nutase:
Okay shocked ....what continent

grin grin grin
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Fearcom(m): 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
I wish you were a soldier and daily have to contend between God and Man. God says "Thou shall not kill" Man says "go and Kill". The oldest living person is about 117years old. I dash you 100years. You will die on or before 2116 then you must face God. The issue of "Thou shalt not kill" must be resolved before you spend your eternity.

Did you ever read about King David? God told him that he couldn't build a temple for him because he(David) had 'shed much blood in my sight in the earth'. David is now in heaven with God. Abraham had trained servants who went after those wh
o captured his cousin lot. They Killed those who took Lot. Abraham is in heaven with God. When you kill in self defense then you have heaven's backing
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by ReubenE(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

Ok name a gun better than ak47
M4 is far better than AK.
AK is old fashioned
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by jpphilips(m): 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Government should also buy some sophisticated guns for our soldiers,i always feels like crying any time i see our soldiers carrying AK 47 in 2016

Those who are mentioning me seriously need orientation,I wonder why you are stilll singing AK47 like AKON when it's out of arsenal of Russia that made it

We are talking about assault Riffles that can release 2000 bullets per min not AK 47 with just 60 bullets

AK 47 is only good for Arm Robbbers not battlefield

while AK 47 is our standard issue riffle, the DSS, Navy and special forces use the French FAN Fal and Tavor 21 respectively.
CTU uses AK 103 used by Iran.
Nigeria is a poor country we can only use what we can afford
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by jpphilips(m): 11:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
mrvitalis:
Ok name a gun better than ak47
are you aware that the country that gave you AK 47 have advanced beyond that.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by jpphilips(m): 11:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
ReubenE:

M4 is far better than AK.
AK is old fashioned

I doubt if the US will licence you to produce the M4 unlike the Russians licensed the AK.
You really want the US to license you to use the carbine? guess you want to fly the raptor too.

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by ReubenE(m): 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
jpphilips:

I doubt if the US will licence you to produce the M4 unlike the Russians licensed the AK.
You really want the US to license you to use the carbine? guess you want to fly the raptor too.
grin
I guess our problem is bigger than I thought!
Whichever way, our security concern is now bigger than the AK, hence the call for change....
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Mobsync(m): 2:05am On Dec 07, 2016
erico2k2:

REad here, these are all assault rifles.By definition
http://www.military-today.com/firearms/top_10_assault_rifles.htm

All the weapons she mentioned (L115A3 AWM, Cheytac, Barrett .50 Cal, AS50, Dragunov SVD, PSG1, M21, etc) are all marksman/sniper rifles. They are used to take out enemy combatants and sometimes, vehicles, from behind the frontlines.

The weapons in the list you shared includes weapons like the M-16, AK 103, H&K G3 and the FN Scar-L, which are all assault rifles. Assault rifles and marksman/sniper rifles are in different classes altogether and cannot be compared together.

We also have other classifications of rifles like anti-materiel (not material) rifles and battle rifles. each classification has its purpose and weapons should only be compared with those in the same classes, not in different classes.

Also, in the link you shared, you'll notice that the M-16 is listed in number 1 followed by AK 103 in number two and FN Scar in number 10. I do not know if the list was listed accordingly but the M 16 should not even appear in a list of rifles yet it did because the site is American.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by davidif: 10:56am On Dec 07, 2016
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by jpphilips(m): 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
dopedealer:

Bros a Tavor can release 1000bullets in a minute .

who is this guy? Assault rifle or CIWS? im sure Tavor doesn't make CIWS. So long as you will have to replace your 30 rounds magazine, the whole RPM is for statistical purpose not a realistic assessment.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by jpphilips(m): 1:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
ReubenE:

grin
Whichever way, our security concern is now bigger than the AK, hence the call for change....

You must be in one alliance or another with the US before you can easily have access to their platforms, in most cases, their export variants are stripped to give them superiority against adversaries and friends turn foe.
That is why I get worried when kids talk without understanding Global complexities.

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by jpphilips(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
SmartyPants:

No doubt the M16 is a superior weapon to the AK47 but not by that much. Especially looking at the figures you posted for range these have to be wrong. I think what you have posted there is the total range for the M16 vs the AK47's effective range. In reality AK47 rounds should generally travel well into kilometers but with a much shorter effective range, close to the figure you posted (200-300m). The M16 though better is not that much better and it's max effective range will be around 500m.

confirmed from this source: http://www.military-today.com/firearms/m16_vs_ak47.htm

You know the M16 ammo is smaller than the AK47, that should be a determinant of its effective lethal range, i doubt if AK is a mere 200m though, it should be in the range of 350m
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by jpphilips(m): 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
dee02:
MASSOB in deep sh*t

Massob dont use landmines do they?
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by SmartyPants(m): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
jpphilips:

You know the M16 ammo is smaller than the AK47, that should be a determinant of its effective lethal range, i doubt if AK is a mere 200m though, it should be in the range of 350m

probably true...i was just being conservative
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by jpphilips(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
ReubenE:

grin

You should be talking about higher variants of the AK, not suggesting a different platform altogether, especially one that is subjected
to restrictions, it is one thing to suggest what you think, it is another to read and study widely to know how feasible the opinion is or better still, just ask the right questions. the only problem I have is that I have lived long enough to understand how the world works, I don't know about you.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by ReubenE(m): 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
jpphilips:

You should be talking about higher variants of the AK, not suggesting a different platform altogether, especially one that is subjected
to restrictions, it is one thing to suggest what you think, it is another to read and study widely to know how feasible the opinion is or better still, just ask the right questions. the only problem I have is that I have lived long enough to understand how the world works, I don't know about you.
First, my comment was not a suggestion but an answer to a question raised by a nairalander.
For clarity, here is the question I quoted "which riffle is better than the AK?"
Perhaps you were too excited so could not read the comments from the beginning.

I am not a weapons expert but I sure understand how the world works especially the dynamics of international politics and how it affects nation-states.

Lastly, about whether I have lived long enough to understand how the world works, I think I do.
Good afternoon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Aisha Buhari Wearing N8m Chopard Diamond Wristwatch" - TheSignal Says / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun / PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS CURRENT STANDINGS (UPDATED -31/03/2015, 5.53pm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.