Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps (21298 Views)

Ambode To Buhari: Lagos Truly Deserves A Special Status / Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
ezeagu:

No, Bonny Estuary and Lagos Harbour are as salty as each other, the water in Lagos Harbour is from the Lagoon, the Atlantic washes into the Lagos Harbour and Bonny Estuary and at various points range between brackish and salty.

Why do you keep digging yourself in?

"As well as removing critical wrecks that were a danger to safe navigating, we needed to dredge the Port to at least -12.5m, and preferably the channels to the following depths:

Entrance -15.4m
Commodore -13.5m
Apapa -13m
E Badagry -13.5m
W Badagry -12.5m"

http://www.lagoschannelnigeria.com/dredge

You initially said "The Capacity of a port depends on the depth of water." This is what the Nigerian Ports Authority had to say for Onne in case you missed it:

"There are two major Terminal facilities at Onne Port Complex. These are the Federal Ocean Terminal (FOT ) and the Federal Lighter Terminal ( FLT )."

"The Federal Ocean Terminal has a total quay length of 2890 meters.
This terminal which is deep and large was designed to accommodate and anchor bigger and ocean going vessels and to berth vessels of 40,100 to 50,000 DWT capacity. It was envisaged to be the largest, deepest most modern Port in the West and Central African sub-regions and has potential for expansion to serve both local and international investors. Being concessional to a multinational company called Intels Logistics services (INTELS), the construction of the Ocean terminal, was designed to be in 4 (four) phases. Three of this with 11 berths are completed and being utilized."

http://www.nigerianports.org/AboutUsOnnePort.aspx

The LagooN .Which Lagoon? How does water reach the Lagoon
The Lagoon is BEHIND Badagry creek and it receives its water from the Ocean. The Lagoon is Saltwater

You take a look at the map you posted.

The capacity of a port will depend on the depth of the water in the approach to the dock and harbour size.
The depth applies to capacity in terms of Vessel size while Harbour size applies to capacity in terms of vessel number.Not the depth at the Port but depth in approach way this is more relevant for inland or river ports and the relevant marker is the shallowest point in the approach way not the berthing or anchor depth which can easily be adjusted by dredging

The berthing depth of the Port at Port Harcourt is more than that in Lagos

http://ports.com/nigeria/port-harcourt/

You are just copying and pasting without comprehension

That is not the depth we are talking about.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Yes there were a large number of abandoned vessels which serve as a focus for silting any one who knows anything about shipping knows this and those would need dredging when that occurs but is quite a different matter from dredging work that needs to be done from the beginning.
It is equally true that vessel traffic will create sediments and that will happen everywhere so there may always be a need for maintenance dredging I accept that but that is quite different from what would obtain in very shallow approaches

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by ShootToKill: 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
Sheggy13:

Isn't it laughable that Anambra is considered ahead of Rivers? Just to appease the Hausa and Igbo House of Reps members, they had to include states that have no business being given special status. Everyone knows Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria, hence it was the only state put forward initially but just because of our divisions along ethnic lines in this country, people see development in one region as a disadvantage to them. Quite unfortunate.

Unfortunately yorubas are guilty of same. For donkey years the east begged for one more state to add to the 5 states, despite being the most densely populated region in nigeria, you yoruba overlooked the human resources there and argued that they had lesser land mass and therefore deserved no extra state to make development easier for Easterners. You even started arguing for Ibadan state, Illorin state etc just to shoot down the request of the East. Now you being paid in your coin you are lamenting

Listen if there is any group of people that have long elephant memories. It is Easterners. That Emeka in your office, Nonso your good friend. They might pretend they don't care but they don't forget.

3 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
ShootToKill:

Unfortunately yorubas are guilty of same. For donkey years the east begged for one more state to add to the 5 states, despite being the most densely populated region in nigeria, you yoruba overlooked the human resources there and argued that they had lesser land mass and therefore deserved no extra state to make development easier for Easterners. You even started arguing for Ibadan state, Illorin state etc just to shoot down the request of the East. No you being paid in your coin you are lamenting

Listen if there is any group of people that have long elephant memories. It is Easterners. That Emeka in your office, Nonso your good friend. They might pretend they don't care but they don't forget.
When exactly did this begging take place .There is no need to make up stupid fictional stories just to make points on Nairaland. So Yorubas are responsible for Igbos not having the states they think they deserve? You really believe that?

FYI i do not support the special status thing and it is clear most people who have commented do not understand what it is about or means.Why should Lagos have special status??

The problem with you folk is you are too emotional and so tend to react before thinking and then all your thinking is about how to justify your reaction.

Who created states in Nigeria? Igbos always want to measure prick with Yoruba. Yoruba have 6 states so you must have 6. Instead of focussing on your own realities. You now come here to claim most densely populated

The population of the SW is 27581992 whilst the SE is 16381729 a difference of 11 million and you come here with silly sentiments

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by ShootToKill: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
omonnakoda:
[s]When exactly did this begging take place .There is no need to make up stupid fictional stories just to make points on Nairaland. So Yorubas are responsible for Igbos not having the states they think they deserve? You really believe that?

FYI i do not support the special status thing and it is clear most people who have commented do not understand what it is about or means.Why should Lagos have special status??

The problem with you folk is you are too emotional and so tend to react before thinking and then all your thinking is about how to justify your reaction.

Who created states in Nigeria? Igbos always want to measure prick with Yoruba. Yoruba have 6 states so you must have 6. Instead of focussing on your own realities. You now come here to claim most densely populated

The population of the SW is 27581992 whilst the SE is 16381729 a difference of 11 million and you come here with silly sentiments[/s]

Mr yorluba, you are deceiving yourself. You always cry about Igbos being emotional when in reality you are ones the crying everytime when Igbos pay you back in your coin as is obtainable even in InterNational politics (yes Igbo and yoruba are of different nations, so I can use that word). Tit-for-tat is a diplomatic tool used by even Americans and Russians so stop lamenting about emotions. I am a realist.

Secondly, Igbo are unarguably the most populated tribe in the south if not in the entire Nigeria. It is not commonsensical to say that a people who are second majority (after the indigenes) in 31 states outside their home states are not the majority. So keep your nonsensical statistics, we both know you are not more populated than the Igbos.

The truth is that there is an unprecedented political reawakening in the East, and your role in stemming development in the East is well documented, starting from Awolowo's 20 pound policy, and diversion of funds meant for post-war reconstrustion (RRR) of the East to your insatiables lots in oduduwaland as minister of finance.

We built our land from the scratch and we have the right to be proud of our achievement regardless of your emotions. Call it Chest-beasting we simply don't care!

4 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lawani: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
WHY CAMEROUNIAN PORTS ARE NOT AS BUSY AS PORTS IN BENIN REPUBLIC IS SAME REASON LAGOS PORTS ARE BUSIER THAN PH, CALABAR AND ETC! FOR ONE, THE IMPORTS COME FROM EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA AND THOSE PLACES ARE CLOSESR, THEN CONSIDER THAT MORE THAN HALF OF CARS FOR INSTANCE ARE CONSUMED NEAR LAGOS! HOWEVER IF YOU ARE EXPORTING IGBO PALM OIL, IT WOULD BE CHEAPER TO DO SO FROM CALABAR AND PH BECAUSE THE PRODUCTION IS DONE CLOSE BY AND IT WILL REDUCE COSTS TO EXPORT FROM THOSE PORTS. BUSINESS MEN DO CALCULATIONS! IF YOU ARE BRINGING SOMETHING FROM EUROPE OR NORTH AMERICA, BEST POINTS OF FREIGHT DISCHARGE ARE LAGOS AND COTONOU, IT WONT BE ECONOMICAL TO GO TOWARDS CAMEROON. CHECK IT YOURSELF.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Opakan2: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Igbos should leave Lagos and SW if all they have for yorubas is jealousy

we can't continue to allow them play smart and still be doing business on our soil.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
ShootToKill:

Mr yorluba, you are deceiving yourself. You always cry about Igbos being emotional when in reality you are the crying everytime when Igbos pay you back in your coin as doing in ever InterNational politics (yes Igbo and yoruba of different nations, so I can use that word). Tit-for-tat is diplomatic tool used by even Americans and Russians so stop lamenting about emotions. I am a realist.

Secondly, Igbo are unarguably the most populated tribe in the south if not in Nigeria. It is not commonsensical to say that a people who are second majority (after the indigenes) in 31 states outside their home states are not the majority. So keep your nonsensical statistics, we both know you are not more populated than the Igbos.
The truth is that there is an unprecedent political reawakening in the East, and your role in stemming development in the East is well documented, starting from Awolowo's 20 pound policy, and diversion of funds meant for post-war reconstrustion (RRR) of the East to you insatiables lots in oduduwaland as minister of finance. We built our land from the scratch and we have the right to be proud of our achievement regardless of your emotions.
I don't know who is the most populated "tribe" we are talking of populated areas
If you stay outside your home whose problem is that. Where do you generate all your dirt and pollution? Cleaning That has to be paid for in those states where you reside. Do your children not consume education and healthcare and so on where you live? If you think your population is so high why don't you take over in those states where you live. Contest elections and win that should not be hard given your vast numbers?

States are based on who lives there not where they come from. If yo don't like it go back home for the next census

You have a lot you want to say.. In summary Yoruba are the ones holding Igbos back..........Funny

You talk of Awolowo £20 Pound policy. If you had won the war and left what would you have got?

£20 in 1970 was= £40 sterling and would be £600 sterling today http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html = about 350000 Naira. I think that was very generous don't you?

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lawani: 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
ShootToKill:

Mr yorluba, you are deceiving yourself. You always cry about Igbos being emotional when in reality you are the crying everytime when Igbos pay you back in your coin as doing in ever InterNational politics (yes Igbo and yoruba of different nations, so I can use that word). Tit-for-tat is diplomatic tool used by even Americans and Russians so stop lamenting about emotions. I am a realist.

Secondly, Igbo are unarguably the most populated tribe in the south if not in Nigeria. It is not commonsensical to say that a people who are second majority (after the indigenes) in 31 states outside their home states are not the majority. So keep your nonsensical statistics, we both know you are not more populated than the Igbos.
The truth is that there is an unprecedent political reawakening in the East, and your role in stemming development in the East is well documented, starting from Awolowo's 20 pound policy, and diversion of funds meant for post-war reconstrustion (RRR) of the East to you insatiables lots in oduduwaland as minister of finance. We built our land from the scratch and we have the right to be proud of our achievement regardless of your emotions.

BROS I LIVE IN THE SW HERE, UNLESS YOU DO A HEADCOUNT, YOU CAN NEVER SAY FOR CERTAIN WHO IS MORE HERE BETWEEN IGBOS AND HAUSA! STOP DELUDING YOURSELF! AN ARAB MAN FROM MAIDUGURI TOLD ME, YORUBA SURPASS IGBOS IN THAT CITY! HOW CAN IGBOS BE MORE THAN YORUBA IN NIGERIA? UNLESS YOU COUNT, I CANT ACCEPT FROM YOU THAT IGBOS SURPASS YORUBA IN ANY NON IGBO CITY ANYWHERE ON EARTH. DONT BE PLUCKING NUMBERS FROM THIN AIR. YOUR SE HAS MILLIONS OF NON IGBOS LIVING THERE.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
lawani:

BROS I LIVE IN THE SW HERE, UNLESS YOU DO A HEADCOUNT, YOU CAN NEVER SAY FOR CERTAIN WHO IS MORE HERE BETWEEN IGBOS AND HAUSA! STOP DELUDING YOURSELF! AN ARAB MAN FROM MAIDUGURI TOLD ME, YORUBA SURPASS IGBOS IN THAT CITY! HOW CAN IGBOS BE MORE THAN YORUBA IN NIGERIA? UNLESS YOU COUNT, I CANT ACCEPT FROM YOU THAT IGBOS SURPASS YORUBA IN ANY NON IGBO CITY ANYWHERE ON EARTH. DONT BE PLUCKING NUMBERS FROM THIN AIR. YOUR SE HAS MILLIONS OF NON IGBOS LIVING THERE.
Even if they are more it is not relevant. States are based on the number of people that live there. We might as well start counting Igbos in Indonesian Jails we know they are in the millions there. But states are based on the resource and infrastructure needs of residents not indigenes in Malaysian jails
Does Imo State provide schools and roads for its indigenes in Lagos? The extra burden and demand on infrastructure and resources caused by migration has to be accounted for. States were not created for ethnic reasons only

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lawani: 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
omonnakoda:
Even if they are more it is not relevant. States are based on the number of people that live there. We might as well start counting Igbos in Indonesian Jails we know they are in the millions there. But states are based on the resource and infrastructure needs of residents not indigenes in Malaysian jails

BACK IN OAU, I MET MANY YORUBAS WHO GREW UP IN THE EAST, ENUGU, ABA, PH AND ETC, THEY SPEAK IGBO. A WHILE BACK, AN IGBO WOMAN TOLD ME HALF ENUGU CITY IS HAUSA, THEY TALK AS IF ONLY IGBOS ARE IN THE SE!. SW HERE IS OVER 85 PERCENT YORUBA IN POPULATION. EVEN IF SE IS 90 PERCENT IGBO, THEY SHOULD WEIGH IT AGAINST EACH OTHER. NC IS MORE THAN SE IN EVERYTHING AND YORUBA IS LIKE 30 PERCENT THERE. THERE ARE STILL YORUBAS IN EDO AND ITSEKIRI, ILAJE IN DELTA, SO HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE FOR IGBOS TO SURPASS YORUBA EVEN MINUS ITSEKIRI IN NIGERIA? I REALLY WANT THERE TO BE A PROPER DATA BASE. IT IS REALLY A SHAME THAT SUCH IS BEING DEBATED!.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
lawani:

BACK IN OAU, I MET MANY YORUBAS WHO GREW UP IN THE EAST, ENUGU, ABA, PH AND ETC, THEY SPEAK IGBO. A WHILE BACK, AN IGBO WOMAN TOLD ME HALF ENUGU CITY IS HAUSA, THEY TALK AS IF ONLY IGBOS ARE IN THE SE!. SW HERE IS OVER 85 PERCENT YORUBA IN POPULATION. EVEN IF SE IS 90 PERCENT IGBO, THEY SHOULD WEIGH IT AGAINST EACH OTHER. NC IS MORE THAN SE IN EVERYTHING AND YORUBA IS LIKE 30 PERCENT THERE. THERE ARE STILL YORUBAS IN EDO AND ITSEKIRI, ILAJE IN DELTA, SO HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE FOR IGBOS TO SURPASS YORUBA EVEN MINUS ITSEKIRI IN NIGERIA? I REALLY WANT THERE TO BE A PROPER DATA BASE. IT IS REALLY A SHAME THAT SUCH IS BEING DEBATED!.
Once again, with respect, all of that is interesting but not relevant. If There are 50 million Igbos and only 2 million live in Igboland State creation would be based on those that live in Igboland.

Those who live elsewhere are accounted for in the budgetary planning of wherever they reside. There are millions of Nigerians abroad and they do not consume services in Nigeria they are part of the population of whichever country they live in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lawani: 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
omonnakoda:
Once again, with respect, all of that is interesting but not relevant. If There are 50 million Igbos and only 2 million live in Igboland State creation would be based on those that live in Igboland.

Those who live elsewhere are accounted for in the budgetary planning of wherever they reside. There are millions of Nigerians abroad and they do not consume services in Nigeria they are part of the population of whichever country they live in

YOU ARE RIGHT BUT LOOK AROUND SW, NOWHERE ARE IGBOS MORE THAN HAUSAS ONLY THAT IGBOS ARE MORE INTEGRATED THAN HAUSAS, THEN WE HAVE OTHERS. SO DONT PATRONISE THAT IDEA THAT IGBOS ARE MORE SPREAD. PERCENTAGE OF YORUBAS IN PH MAY SURPASS IGBOS IN LAGOS. SO DONT PATRONISE THE IDEA THAT ONLY IGBOS STAY OUTSIDE THEIR LAND THEN EVERYBODY HAVE THEIR STYLE. HOWEVER, THINK HOME FIRST, WHAT YOU INVEST OUTSIDE BELONG TO THAT LAND, YOU ARE MANAGING FOR THEM. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT!.

IGBOS ARE NOT MORE THAN HAUSA IN YORUBA LAND, I DONT KNOW WHO IS MORE. THEY MAY NOT EVEN BE MAKING MONEY UP TO HAUSAS IN YORUBA LAND IF YOU CHECK, ALWAYS REMIND IGBOS OF THAT. THEN THEY SHOULD CHECK WHAT OTHERS LIKE YORUBA, HAUSAS ETC ARE MAKING IN THE SE. IF YOU HAVE LAND, THANK GOD FOR THAT LAND, THEN GO AND DEVELOP IT!.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
lawani:

YOU ARE RIGHT BUT LOOK AROUND SW, NOWHERE ARE IGBOS MORE THAN HAUSAS ONLY THAT IGBOS ARE MORE INTEGRATED THAN HAUSAS, THEN WE HAVE OTHERS. SO DONT PATRONISE THAT IDEA THAT IGBOS ARE MORE SPREAD. PERCENTAGE OF YORUBAS IN PH MAY SURPASS IGBOS IN LAGOS. SO DONT PATRONISE THE IDEA THAT ONLY IGBOS STAY OUTSIDE THEIR LAND THEN EVERYBODY HAVE THEIR STYLE. HOWEVER, THINK HOME FIRST, WHAT YOU INVEST OUTSIDE BELONG TO THAT LAND, YOU ARE MANAGING FOR THEM. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT!.

IGBOS ARE NOT MORE THAN HAUSA IN YORUBA LAND, I DONT KNOW WHO IS MORE. THEY MAY NOT EVEN BE MAKING MONEY UP TO HAUSAS IN YORUBA LAND IF YOU CHECK, ALWAYS REMIND IGBOS OF THAT. THEN THEY SHOULD CHECK WHAT OTHERS LIKE YORUBA, HAUSAS ETC ARE MAKING IN THE SE. IF YOU HAVE LAND, THANK GOD FOR THAT LAND, THEN GO AND DEVELOP IT!.
I prefer to avoid an argument that will not end so for me, yes Igbos are the most in the World even more than Chinese, It does not matter as far as state creation is concerned
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lawani: 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
omonnakoda:
I prefer to avoid an argument that will not end so for me, yes Igbos are the most in the World even more than Chinese, It does not matter as far as state creation is concerned

WHY DO YORUBAS HAVE HIGHEST TWINNING RATE? BECAUSE THEY KEEP PRAISING TWINS! THEY DEIFY TWINS? WHY DO WE HAVE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM TODAY? BECAUSE OF REPETITION OF INSANE WORDS GENERATION UPON GENERATION!. THERE IS POWER IN WORDS, IF THEY KEEP TALKING RUBBISH AND YOU LET IT PASS, IT WILL SOONER THAN LATER BECOME THE REALITY!. IT IS OUR DUTY AS RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE TO ATTACK SUCH ANYWHERE IT IS FOUND. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT! COUNTER THEM WITH FACTS AND FIGURES UNTIL IT SINKS INTO THEM.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
lawani:

WHY DO YORUBAS HAVE HIGHEST TWINNING RATE? BECAUSE THEY KEEP PRAISING TWINS! THEY DEIFY TWINS? WHY DO WE HAVE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM TODAY? BECAUSE OF REPETITION OF INSANE WORDS GENERATION UPON GENERATION!. THERE IS POWER IN WORDS, IF THEY KEEP TALKING RUBBISH AND YOU LET IT PASS, IT WILL SOONER THAN LATER BECOME THE REALITY!. IT IS OUR DUTY AS RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE TO ATTACK SUCH ANYWHERE IT IS FOUND. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT! COUNTER THEM WITH FACTS AND FIGURES UNTIL IT SINKS INTO THEM.
THis thread is not about twins .You need to organize your mind and focus on one thing at a time

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
lawani:

THis thread is not about twins .You need to organize your mind and focus on one thing at a time Don't allow anyone drag you here and there. Focus

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lawani: 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
omonnakoda:
THis thread is not about twins .You need to organize your mind and focus on one thing at a time Don't allow anyone drag you here and there. Focus

YOU ARE AN IDIOT. I THOUGHT ORIGINALLY THAT YOU ARE A RESPONSIBLE PERSON, HENCE MY ADVISE ON HOW YOU SHOULD BE HANDLING DEBATES. WORDS HAVE POWER IS THE MESSAGE. WORDS ARE POWERFUL. SO FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, NEVER SAY A FALSITY SHOULD NOT BE EXPOSED BECAUSE YOU THINK IT IS INCONSEQUENTIAL. I MIGHT PLACE A CURSE ON YOU AND IT WILL STICK LIKE A STICKER WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE USING A FAKE MONIKER.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by ODVanguard: 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
lawani:

Guy, you and omonnakoda don't disturb yourself. Thank God that we now have other reliable sources of data that can atleast give a ballpark estimate of the true population distribution in this country. According to NBS data on number of registered phones and internet subscribers and lines, the SW trumps the SE by more than double sef.

Oyo and Ogun subscriber numbers alone (16,074,479) swallowed up the entire five states in the SE (15,275,981), according to the data therein. That doesn't even include Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, or Kwara/Kogi o. Not to even mention Lagos at all. That explains why the SW attracts the most FDI and attention from smart investors coz we have the population/market/spending power. Even the SS is a more viable region than the SE. They are just good at making useless noises.

www.nairaland.com/3114368/nigerian-states-number-registered-phone

Active Voice Lines
Breakdown By States and Regions

1* LAGOS - 19,046,657
2* OGUN - 8,535,893
3* KANO - 7,811,290
4* OYO - 7,538,586
5* KADUNA - 6,787,117

6* F.C.T - 6,034,907
7* RIVERS - 5,849,535
8* NIGER - 5,137,400
9* DELTA - 4,934,551
10* EDO - 4,744,110

11* ANAMBRA - 4,249,792
12* BENUE - 3,812,334
13* OSUN - 3,708,809
14* ONDO - 3,473,437
15* KATSINA - 3,449,189

16* KWARA - 3,334,543
17* IMO - 3,315,208
18* NASSARAWA - 3,261,964
19* ABIA - 3,177,965
20* AKWA IBOM - 3,116,758

21* ENUGU - 3,096,071
22* PLATEAU - 3,026,409
23* KOGI - 3,004,325
24* BAUCHI - 2,747,326
25* ADAMAWA - 2,723,955

26* BORNO - 2,406,151
27* SOKOTO - 2,248,306
28* CROSS RIVER - 2,198,942
29* KEBBI - 2,050,089
30* TARABA - 2,021,112

31* JIGAWA - 1,820,249
32* GOMBE - 1,815,166
33* ZAMFARA - 1,678,476
34* EBONYI - 1,436,945
35* EKITI - 1,425,945
36* YOBE - 1,402,357

** OTHERS (UNIDENTIFIED) - 1,213,511
37* BAYELSA - 1,110,084

Total Nigerian Active Voice Lines: 148,745,464

REGIONS:
South West = 43,729,327 Active Voice Lines (29.40%)
South South = 21,953,980 Active Voice Lines (14.76%)
South East = 15,275,981 Active Voice Lines (10.27%)

North West = 25,844,716 Active Voice Lines (17.37%)
North Central = 21,576,975 Active Voice Lines (14.50%)
North East = 13,116,067 Active Voice Lines (8.80%)

F.C.T = 6,034,907 Active Voice Lines (4.05%)

3 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
ODVanguard:

Guy, you and omonnakoda don't disturb yourself. Thank God that we now have other reliable sources of data that can atleast get a ballpark estimate of the true population distribution in this country. According to NBS data on number of registered phones and internet subscribers and lines here the SW trumps the SE by more than double sef.

Oyo and Ogun subscriber numbers alone (16,074,479) swallowed up the entire five states in the SE (15,275,981), according to the data therein. That doesn't even include Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, or Kwara/Kogi o. Not to even mention Lagos at all. That explains why the SW attracts the most FDI and attention from smart investors coz we have the population. Even the SS is a more viable region than the SE. They are just good at making useless noises.

Active Voice Lines

1* LAGOS - 19,046,657
2* OGUN - 8,535,893
3* KANO - 7,811,290
4* OYO - 7,538,586
5* KADUNA - 6,787,117

6* F.C.T - 6,034,907
7* RIVERS - 5,849,535
8* NIGER - 5,137,400
9* DELTA - 4,934,551
10* EDO - 4,744,110

11* ANAMBRA - 4,249,792
12* BENUE - 3,812,334
13* OSUN - 3,708,809
14* ONDO - 3,473,437
15* KATSINA - 3,449,189

16* KWARA - 3,334,543
17* IMO - 3,315,208
19* ABIA - 3,177,965

21* ENUGU - 3,096,071
22* PLATEAU - 3,026,409
23* KOGI - 3,004,325
24* BAUCHI - 2,747,326
25* ADAMAWA - 2,723,955

26* BORNO - 2,406,151
27* SOKOTO - 2,248,306
29* KEBBI - 2,050,089
30* TARABA - 2,021,112

31* JIGAWA - 1,820,249
32* GOMBE - 1,815,166
33* ZAMFARA - 1,678,476
34* EBONYI - 1,436,945
35* EKITI - 1,425,945
36* YOBE - 1,402,357

37* BAYELSA - 1,110,084

REGIONS:

But most of the people that have money to buy phones in Lagos KAno and Oyo are Igbos we all know that

Igbos are the most people in the world so let us leave that

3 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
lawani:

YOU ARE AN IDIOT. I THOUGHT ORIGINALLY THAT YOU ARE A RESPONSIBLE PERSON, HENCE MY ADVISE ON HOW YOU SHOULD BE HANDLING DEBATES. WORDS HAVE POWER IS THE MESSAGE. WORDS ARE POWERFUL. SO FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, NEVER SAY A FALSITY SHOULD NOT BE EXPOSED BECAUSE YOU THINK IT IS INCONSEQUENTIAL. I MIGHT PLACE A CURSE ON YOU AND IT WILL STICK LIKE A STICKER WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE USING A FAKE MONIKER.
I am an idiot? Because I do not see the world your way? Efin ni iwa. It does not take long to show your true colours. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by ODVanguard: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
omonnakoda:

But most of the people that have money to buy phones in Lagos KAno and Oyo are Igbos we all know that

Igbos are the most people in the world so let us leave that

Yes o. But they couldn't buy as many or even more phones or lines in their own SE region to help their numbers. grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lawani: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
ODVanguard:

Guy, you and omonnakoda don't disturb yourself. Thank God that we now have other reliable sources of data that can atleast give a ballpark estimate of the true population distribution in this country. According to NBS data on number of registered phones and internet subscribers and lines here the SW trumps the SE by more than double sef.

Oyo and Ogun subscriber numbers alone (16,074,479) swallowed up the entire five states in the SE (15,275,981), according to the data therein. That doesn't even include Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, or Kwara/Kogi o. Not to even mention Lagos at all. That explains why the SW attracts the most FDI and attention from smart investors coz we have the population. Even the SS is a more viable region than the SE. They are just good at making useless noises.

Active Voice Lines

1* LAGOS - 19,046,657
2* OGUN - 8,535,893
3* KANO - 7,811,290
4* OYO - 7,538,586
5* KADUNA - 6,787,117

6* F.C.T - 6,034,907
7* RIVERS - 5,849,535
8* NIGER - 5,137,400
9* DELTA - 4,934,551
10* EDO - 4,744,110

11* ANAMBRA - 4,249,792
12* BENUE - 3,812,334
13* OSUN - 3,708,809
14* ONDO - 3,473,437
15* KATSINA - 3,449,189

16* KWARA - 3,334,543
17* IMO - 3,315,208
19* ABIA - 3,177,965

21* ENUGU - 3,096,071
22* PLATEAU - 3,026,409
23* KOGI - 3,004,325
24* BAUCHI - 2,747,326
25* ADAMAWA - 2,723,955

26* BORNO - 2,406,151
27* SOKOTO - 2,248,306
29* KEBBI - 2,050,089
30* TARABA - 2,021,112

31* JIGAWA - 1,820,249
32* GOMBE - 1,815,166
33* ZAMFARA - 1,678,476
34* EBONYI - 1,436,945
35* EKITI - 1,425,945
36* YOBE - 1,402,357

37* BAYELSA - 1,110,084

REGIONS:

THOSE ARE RAW RELIABLE DATA NOT SOME NIGERIAN CENSUS FIGURES. A WHILE BACK I SAW WAEC REGISTRANT FIGURES FOR 2014 OR SO AND KADUNA WAS NEXT TO LAGOS! I WILL DIG UP THE TABLE AGAIN. THE COUNTRY IS A TOTAL MESS! THAT WAEC FIGURES SHOW SW AS A CLEAR DOUBLE OF SE IN POPULATION JUST LIKE THIS REGISTERED GSM LINES. NIGERIA ISNT A COUNTRY. IT IS A SCAM. A TOTAL RUBBISH.

THIS IS THE RAW WAEC REGISTRATION FIGURES FOR 2014

https://fb-s-d-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13220943_10156839942565177_6323256965108001779_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=1bc462abeac950627e10f2cde79a871f&oe=58BF7A87&__gda__=1488512915_74cb27fefdc98ce08ddd8f00f645ec59

2 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
ODVanguard:

Yes o. But they couldn't buy as many or even more phones or lines in their own SE region to help their numbers. grin grin cheesy cheesy
They like developing other people's areas . They are very large hearted people

3 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by ODVanguard: 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
omonnakoda:
They like developing other people's areas . They are very large hearted people

Yes o. Sotay dem don carry development reach China, Thailand, Indonesia jails dem. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by ezeagu(m): 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
omonnakoda:

The LagooN .Which Lagoon? How does water reach the Lagoon
The Lagoon is BEHIND Badagry creek and it receives its water from the Ocean. The Lagoon is Saltwater

You take a look at the map you posted.

The capacity of a port will depend on the depth of the water in the approach to the dock and harbour size.
The depth applies to capacity in terms of Vessel size while Harbour size applies to capacity in terms of vessel number.Not the depth at the Port but depth in approach way this is more relevant for inland or river ports and the relevant marker is the shallowest point in the approach way not the berthing or anchor depth which can easily be adjusted by dredging

The berthing depth of the Port at Port Harcourt is more than that in Lagos

http://ports.com/nigeria/port-harcourt/

You are just copying and pasting without comprehension

That is not the depth we are talking about.

This salt water thing is such as pointless tangent all because:

You were wrong about the advantageous location of Lagos because the federal government itself acknowledges the potential in other ports in the east. You were wrong about the dredging of Lagos waterways, and the idea that Lagos does not have waterways to the Atlantic that are narrow enough to need dredging. You were wrong by implying that a port situated in adequate waterways is lesser than one on the ocean front. You were also wrong about the depth and viability of Onne and other sea ports in the east.

Now how do you know you're not wrong about the lagoon being sea water when it's the lagoon that empties into the Atlantic the same way Bonny empties out into the same ocean? They have a similar amount of salt which ranges between brackish and salty, all this said, the people who actually work on Lagos acknowledge that Lagos' harbours are located on channels that need to dredged, what I initially said and what has now been confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
ezeagu:

This salt water thing is such as pointless tangent all because:

You were wrong about the advantageous location of Lagos because the federal government itself acknowledges the potential in other ports in the east. You were wrong about the dredging of Lagos waterways, and the idea that Lagos does not have waterways to the Atlantic that are narrow enough to need dredging. You were wrong by implying that a port situated in adequate waterways is lesser than one on the ocean front. You were also wrong about the depth and viability of Onne and other sea ports in the east.

Now how do you know you're not wrong about the lagoon being sea water when it's the lagoon that empties into the Atlantic the same way Bonny empties out into the same ocean? They have a similar amount of salt which ranges between brackish and salty, all this said, the people who actually work on Lagos acknowledge that Lagos' harbours are located on channels that need to dredged, what I initially said and what has now been confirmed.
Please stop talking rubbish. I agree it is a tangent but you started it and You need educating

Where does the Lagoon come from?
Is it magic? you clearly have no knowledge of geography and are trying to bluff your way out. Every body of water except the oceans has a detectable source. We know the River Niger starts in Guinea The Benue River in Cameroon. The Lagos Lagoon is not a Lake so please tell us where does the water in it come from?

I too acknowledge the potential of ports in the east there is no argument there so stop arguing with your shadow. The truth is without investment those ports will never take off.Such investment is very unlikely to come fro the federal government that is the truth so what other way?

I am a realist,, because I present reality does not mean I am against it but you folk have this victimhood mentality and see people who do not subscribe to your fantasies as enemies.

What needs to happen to make any port in the east work? I have written about this before on Nairaland. You prefer to wallow in victimhood and indulge in Fantasy. I will reiterate the reasons why Lagos is so dominant .
Lagos was relatively cheap to develop. When Lagos was developed in the Colonial era the major rail track linking the North to the south was Kano to Lagos. This then led to the development of the major road artery in Nigeria from Lagos. Bad planning on the part of government ,coupled with limited resources meant a concentration of the evacuation infrastructure and planning around Lagos. If any ports could have been developed elsewhere equally cheaply they would. The actual port infrastructure is relatively a small part of the cost of development like I have said previously those areas on the sea in Bayelsa or Rivers state do not have a terrain that lends itself to evacuation infrastructure. Even Onne that you make so much noise about what is the road link from Onne to Aba or Port Harcourt. We must not forget that in the Military era states were governed often by non indigenes and there was no strategic planning by governors.All strategic decisions were taken at National level by a government located in Lagos

For any port in the SS/SE to prosper it must serve The NE parts of NC and Cameroon as well as the SE and that means road networks. Without those networks in place no investor will come in. I believe though that we are on the right track with the Road to Bamenda from Abakaliki and also the Calabar Highway. It makes a lot of sense to have a port in that area that serves Maiduguri and Cameroon but it requires money . And whilst that infrastructure is being awaited 2 more ports are being fasttracked in Lagos. Now we cannot blame this all on the FG . We must hold people like Ibori,Amaech,Akpabio Uduaghan and so on to account. Those 2 new ports in Lagos are not FG funded they are privately funded because investors have confidence in the way Lagos is being governed. I am afraid the 13% derivation money from $100 oil has been wasted. The money Ibori stole could have changed the region
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lawani: 5:10am On Dec 10, 2016
omonnakoda:
I am an idiot? Because I do not see the world your way? Efin ni iwa. It does not take long to show your true colours. Good luck

YOU KNOW WHY I SAID YOU ARE AN IDIOT. IF YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT, YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN WHY I USED THOSE EXAMPLES TO ILLUSTRATE THE POWER OF WORDS AND REPETITION AND SEEING IT, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SAID MY MIND IS NOT ORGANISED. I DONT PULL PUNCHES, WHOEVER YOU ARE WORKING FOR AMONG MY DETRACTORS TRAILING ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA BE IT ADEBOYE OF RCCG, KUMUYI, OYEDEPO OR THE IGBO POLITICIAN SETTING PEOPLE AGAINST ME, I WILL ATTACK YOU RIGHT BACK WHEN YOU BECOME BELLIGERENT AND YOU WILL NOT GO BACK IN ONE PIECE.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by ezeagu(m): 7:21am On Dec 10, 2016
omonnakoda:

Please stop talking rubbish. I agree it is a tangent but you started it and You need educating

Where does the Lagoon come from?
Is it magic? you clearly have no knowledge of geography and are trying to bluff your way out. Every body of water except the oceans has a detectable source. We know the River Niger starts in Guinea The Benue River in Cameroon. The Lagos Lagoon is not a Lake so please tell us where does the water in it come from?

I too acknowledge the potential of ports in the east there is no argument there so stop arguing with your shadow. The truth is without investment those ports will never take off.Such investment is very unlikely to come fro the federal government that is the truth so what other way?

I am a realist,, because I present reality does not mean I am against it but you folk have this victimhood mentality and see people who do not subscribe to your fantasies as enemies.

What needs to happen to make any port in the east work? I have written about this before on Nairaland. You prefer to wallow in victimhood and indulge in Fantasy. I will reiterate the reasons why Lagos is so dominant .
Lagos was relatively cheap to develop. When Lagos was developed in the Colonial era the major rail track linking the North to the south was Kano to Lagos. This then led to the development of the major road artery in Nigeria from Lagos. Bad planning on the part of government ,coupled with limited resources meant a concentration of the evacuation infrastructure and planning around Lagos. If any ports could have been developed elsewhere equally cheaply they would. The actual port infrastructure is relatively a small part of the cost of development like I have said previously those areas on the sea in Bayelsa or Rivers state do not have a terrain that lends itself to evacuation infrastructure. Even Onne that you make so much noise about what is the road link from Onne to Aba or Port Harcourt. We must not forget that in the Military era states were governed often by non indigenes and there was no strategic planning by governors.All strategic decisions were taken at National level by a government located in Lagos

For any port in the SS/SE to prosper it must serve The NE parts of NC and Cameroon as well as the SE and that means road networks. Without those networks in place no investor will come in. I believe though that we are on the right track with the Road to Bamenda from Abakaliki and also the Calabar Highway. It makes a lot of sense to have a port in that area that serves Maiduguri and Cameroon but it requires money . And whilst that infrastructure is being awaited 2 more ports are being fasttracked in Lagos. Now we cannot blame this all on the FG . We must hold people like Ibori,Amaech,Akpabio Uduaghan and so on to account. Those 2 new ports in Lagos are not FG funded they are privately funded because investors have confidence in the way Lagos is being governed. I am afraid the 13% derivation money from $100 oil has been wasted. The money Ibori stole could have changed the region

I guess the buzzword is "victimhood".

"The lagoon receives the discharge of the Ogun River and the Osun River."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Lagoon

"What needs to happen to make any port in the east work?"

"Bad planning on the part of government ,coupled with limited resources meant a concentration of the evacuation infrastructure and planning around Lagos."

"Even Onne that you make so much noise about what is the road link from Onne to Aba or Port Harcourt."

You've answered the question. Furthermore, the port at Onne only needs expanding in terms of cargo services and the monopoly Intels has on these ports including Onne shouldn't have been there so it doesn't have such heavy handed fees and so the designation of oil and gas ports can be set aside for cargo ports.

2 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by omonnakoda: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2016
lawani:

YOU KNOW WHY I SAID YOU ARE AN IDIOT. IF YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT, YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN WHY I USED THOSE EXAMPLES TO ILLUSTRATE THE POWER OF WORDS AND REPETITION AND SEEING IT, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SAID MY MIND IS NOT ORGANISED. I DONT PULL PUNCHES, WHOEVER YOU ARE WORKING FOR AMONG MY DETRACTORS TRAILING ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA BE IT ADEBOYE OF RCCG, KUMUYI, OYEDEPO OR THE IGBO POLITICIAN SETTING PEOPLE AGAINST ME, I WILL ATTACK YOU RIGHT BACK WHEN YOU BECOME BELLIGERENT AND YOU WILL NOT GO BACK IN ONE PIECE.
your mother will die of cancer. your mother will not go back in one piece
Her corpse will be fed to dogs
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Becki2323: 11:16am On Jan 06, 2017
really awesome, Thanks a lot for sharing. Well checkout showbox movie streaming app for android. Bets movie streaming service which is absolutely free.
http://showboxandroid.com/
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Lenorebracy: 10:25am On Dec 16, 2018
That is really a great thread with a lot of information. Really it is wonderful to play the games like soccer heads unblocked and many more unblocked games.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FFK: Welcome Home Dino, It Is Not Good Enough To Say That You Are Leaving Buhari / How To Check Voters Registration Status Without Temporary Voters Card / FG To Overhaul NNPC Next Week – Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.