Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps (21294 Views)

Ambode To Buhari: Lagos Truly Deserves A Special Status / Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by malel1: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2016
TheEastActivist:
And this is awesome...

What this taught us is that selfish bills will always hit the bottom rock...

Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria so one wouldn't mind asking resilient questions why so? Why should it happen that way? For it to be accorded special status and getting the benefit all alone in the envy, discouragement and detriment of other peer states.

Now the same bill is rebranded and better and what it now means is that it will encourage states to be up and doing so as to attract development to unlock human resources by all means so as to tap into this blessing...

Congrats to the states that has already passed the first test which I also see most of the ss states being part of...
Still hoping on the resource control bill that will nail the final coffin to rest. wink

Repping Anambra, the light of the nation...

100000 likes.
Can u imagine some people asking why other states should be granted special status, really some people are just plan stupid in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by eplanning: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2016
QuotaSystem:
This new strategy of adding Kano and Anambra states to to the special status bill means the bill has a better chance of being passed, but it's a sober reminder of the geo-political fault lines in our nation that must be recognized in ways that could hinder genuine economic progress.

Above all, this is great for Lagos, it will enable Ambo-super to continue his magic in the centre of excellence. I look forward to the day that Lagos develops an effective underground rail system to solve the myriad of transportation problems and boost economic development.

Eko o ni baje!

You go school

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by kstix(m): 8:40am On Dec 08, 2016
abdulkayus:

do u just call kano unproductive state?
Please where does kano stand in economic ranking? Kano was added simply based on population only, not GDP.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by wristbangle: 8:42am On Dec 08, 2016
The states that deserve this special status aside Lagos, Kano and Anambra suppose to be Ogun, Rivers, Oyo, Enugu, Cross rivers, Kaduna and other 4 states with upcoming teeming population.

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by malel1: 8:42am On Dec 08, 2016
Sheggy13:

What's the entire population of Anambra state for it to have a city that house 10 million people? What's the rate of migration of other Nigerians and foreigners alike, which causes pressure on the infrastructure to a state like Anambra when compared with Lagos? Answer these questions with an open mind and you see the reason why those that came up with the bill considering Lagos only, in the first place did that.

Even if it's 2million u don't grant one state in a country special status, meanwhile the resources used is not gotten from that state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by XmasGoat4sale: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2016
Ok

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by malel1: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2016
abdulkayus:

do u just call kano unproductive state?

Leave that goat, to them lag is the only performing state in nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:48am On Dec 08, 2016
QuotaSystem:
This new strategy of adding Kano and Anambra states to to the special status bill means the bill has a better chance of being passed, but it's a sober reminder of the geo-political fault lines in our nation that must be recognized in ways that could hinder genuine economic progress.

I AM WITH U
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:50am On Dec 08, 2016
THEY SHOLD ADD RIVERS OR CROSS RIVER TO IIT
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by kassy777: 8:51am On Dec 08, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Above all, this is great for Lagos, it will enable Ambo-super to continue his magic in the centre of excellence. I look forward to the day that Lagos develops an effective underground rail system to solve the myriad of transportation problems and boost economic development.

Eko o ni baje!
Is that a fulfulment of the punishment for 5% voters? Nor be una fault! Na the people of south south I blame. Am sure if that bill is past this even or few minutes from now, I hope Buhari will also allow special consideration for the military invations, trespasses, high degree of discomfort the Nigerian military etc. is causing these people because of their God given natural resources, crude. Nonsense.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2016
Well, I know they can't grant only Lagos the special status.... That's why other states are being added. Anyway, this should push more States to do more

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:56am On Dec 08, 2016
clevadani:
Just to grant Lagos special status, they had to add other unproductive states just to satisfy some elements. Only God can help this country.

i know the evil and greedy in yorubas mind.. u guys are evil
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by drnoel: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Eko o ni baje!

Yep well said but where the fault lines are so clear is where they couldn't hide the fact that they wanted Kano supported cos of its footwear industry. What does that now say for Aba foot wear industry? Don't get me wrong the idea for such a bill is nice but why should it just support 3 geopolitical zones alone where there are 6? I am not saying aba should be chosen over onitsha cos everyone knows onitsha to rightly deserve the attension.
Why give federal support to kano footwear industry knowing full well the aba footwear industry has over run that of Kano?

Some fools will come here and call me ipob supporter without answering the question. I am no ipob sympathizer but just someone who honestly wants to discuss and understand what is not understandable.
The bill looks good but is full of flaws. What happens when other geopolitical zones want to add their zones inside too?

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by kassy777: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2016
clevadani:
Just to grant Lagos special status, they had to add other unproductive states just to satisfy some elements. Only God can help this country.
Their thinking is that once the north is included, the speed with which the bill will be past will be very high. Am wonder why there is no magic with which I can tear this country so that every part go his own way. Everything thing about this country is 100% useless. I spit on this country this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by drnoel: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2016
clevadani:

I won't call onitsha unproductive and Kano though now maribound was the economic heart of the north in the 70s and 80s.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by robay1(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Godprotectigbo2:

i know the evil and greedy in yorubas mind.. u guys are evil
u dis girl,e be like say na yoruba matter go give u HBP undecided

9 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by kassy777: 9:06am On Dec 08, 2016
TheEastActivist:

Some times you don't need to be blinded by selfishness...

So kano, Anambra and other states which houses cities catering for 10 million citizens are unproductive??

May God heal your soul.

Nor be small. The GDP those states contribute to the federation is very high. I agree with you on this. Nonsense
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Godprotectigbo2(f): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2016
robay1:
u dis girl,e be like say na yoruba matter go give u HBP undecided

grin grin grin grin grin my frind

how was ur night

hope say u dream of me
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by robay1(m): 9:08am On Dec 08, 2016
Godprotectigbo2:

how was ur night
angry
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by nonsobaba: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2016
wristbangle:
The states that deserve this special status aside Lagos, Kano and Anambra suppose to be Ogun, Rivers, Oyo, Enugu, Cross rivers, Kaduna and other 4 states with upcoming teeming population.
Remove the sparsely-populated Enugu, Cross River, and Kaduna from that list.

By the way, this new revision to the bill is very thoughtful of its proponents. It should be given accelerated hearing and passage.

Any afonja thinking that only Lagos will be given special status must be deluded.

2 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by CandyDiamond(f): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2016
Lagos,Ogun,Anambra,Abia and Kano should be granted special status,[/b]based on productiveness and industrial development[b].
Kiss the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by robay1(m): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2016
Godprotectigbo2:

how was ur night
angry
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2016
they should raise it to 30% of all revenue receipts. This will give states an incentive to attract people back to their states and also decongest Lagos. They should also raise Oil revenues to 25% and solid minerals to 50%, with the long term goal of making Oil 50% as well.

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 08, 2016
CandyDiamond:
Lagos,Ogun,Anambra,Abia and Kano should be granted special status,[/b]based on productiveness and industrial development[b].
Kiss the truth.

You might as well add Ekiti and Zamfara!
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by ebby9z(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2016
Omudia11:
The way things are done in this country is just laughable. Why should Anambra with a population and a GDP less than that of Rivers state be considered ahead of Rivers? Why should a unproductive state like kano even be considered at all?
Did you just say Kano is unproductive? I laugh

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by MyGeneration(m): 9:17am On Dec 08, 2016
Godprotectigbo2:
THEY SHOLD ADD RIVERS OR CROSS RIVER TO IIT
Mind ur business, leave ss to sort demselves.
If ss is not given special status hw does it concern we in d east?
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by kassy777: 9:18am On Dec 08, 2016
Omudia11:
The way things are done in this country is just laughable. Why should Anambra with a population and a GDP less than that of Rivers state be considered ahead of Rivers? Why should a unproductive state like kano even be considered at all?
Kanu is in the north and the north contributes boko haram and boko haram kill as many people as possible. That means, Kanu's GDP to the national economy deserves speciall consideration and treatment too.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Goke7: 9:18am On Dec 08, 2016
bigotry is killing this Nation and with time it will become a National disaster!

for sharia bill to go thru, christian bill have to be passed, for Lagos special status to go thru, other states have to be included, even the same Kano is included in the north eastern development agency bill when it is clear to all that kano is not in the north east.

We are killing Nigeria gradually, very soon even Aba, Port-harcourt or kaduna will soon ask for special status. This is why I never supported the Lagos status thing from day one, can't Lagos preserve its indigenous identity for God's sake?

4 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by abdulkayus(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2016
kstix:

Please where does kano stand in economic ranking? Kano was added simply based on population only, not GDP.

Kano being called Center of Commerce is nt just a mere statement. Kano is among d most industrialise state in Nigeria and has huge commercial activities goin on there.

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Godprotectigbo2(f): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2016
robay1:
angry

wetin happen
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by LorDBolton(m): 9:23am On Dec 08, 2016
clevadani:

People will hate u for this statement, but you have hit the nail on the head

3 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by abdulkayus(m): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2016
kassy777:
Kanu is in the north and the north contributes boko haram and boko haram kill as many people as possible. That means, Kanu's GDP to the national economy deserves speciall consideration and treatment too.

While Anambra in d east contribute fake products, armed robbery, prostitutions, drugs dealing and scammin to d nation. Right?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? / President Tinubu Receives Wike And Heineken Lokpobiri In Abuja / Ikoyi N43.4m: FG May Seize Osborne Towers Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.