Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps (21297 Views)

Ambode To Buhari: Lagos Truly Deserves A Special Status / Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by robay1(m): 9:27am On Dec 08, 2016
Godprotectigbo2:

wetin happen
cheesy

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:27am On Dec 08, 2016
malel1:

Even if it's 2million u don't grant one state in a country special status, meanwhile the resources used is not gotten from that state

Funny how you people have no problems with no niger - delta state being on the list.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by abdulkayus(m): 9:28am On Dec 08, 2016
nonsobaba:
Remove the sparsely-populated Enugu, Cross River, and Kaduna from that list.

By the way, this new revision to the bill is very thoughtful of its proponents. It should be given accelerated hearing and passage.

Any afonja thinking that only Lagos will be given special status must be deluded.

did u just called Kaduna sparsely populated? SMH for ignorant flocks like u

2 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by kstix(m): 9:28am On Dec 08, 2016
abdulkayus:

Kano being called Center of Commerce is nt just a mere statement. Kano is among d most industrialise state in Nigeria and has huge commercial activities goin on there.
U dont know the difference between being a centre of commerce and having a fast growing economy and GDP? Lagos has a larger economic growth than Kenya, which is a country.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Goke7: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2016
drnoel:

Yep well said but where the fault lines are so clear is where they couldn't hide the fact that they wanted Kano supported cos of its footwear industry. What does that now say for Aba foot wear industry? Don't get me wrong the idea for such a bill is nice but why should it just support 3 geopolitical zones alone where there are 6? I am not saying aba should be chosen over onitsha cos everyone knows onitsha to rightly deserve the attension.
Why give federal support to kano footwear industry knowing full well the aba footwear industry has over run that of Kano?

Some fools will come here and call me ipob supporter without answering the question. I am no ipob sympathizer but just someone who honestly wants to discuss and understand what is not understandable.
The bill looks good but is full of flaws. What happens when other geopolitical zones want to add their zones inside too?

This is why the bill is very unnecessary, when the Lagos status bill was thrown out initially, it should have been left alone just like that.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by abdulkayus(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2016
kstix:

U dont know the difference between being a centre of commerce and having a fast growing economy and GDP? Lagos has a larger economic growth than Kenya, which is a country.

and Kano also has a larger economy than Niger,Chad, Central Africa Republic, Burundi, which are also countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by abdulkayus(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2016
kstix:

and Kano also has a larger economy than Niger,Chad, Central Africa Republic, Burundi, which are also countries..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Arrow24: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2016
abdulkayus:

While Anambra in d east contribute fake products, armed robbery, prostitutions, drugs dealing and scammin to d nation. Right?
how did you even know d BOY you quoted is from the east? Or u just looking for the reason to insult Easterners

3 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by KevinDein: 9:36am On Dec 08, 2016
LorDBolton:

People will hate u for this statement, but you have hit the nail on the head
but of course he hit the nail on the head. After all that narrative perfectly fits into your hateful bigoted heart.

4 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by SIRmanjar(m): 9:38am On Dec 08, 2016
Nansense!why shuld dey add dat backward useless ancient kano city ad dat dirty dustbin state anambra?I smell sumtin fishy.
They wannto b like lagos but dey can never ever ever never b lagoz.They must giv us d lionz share I can't shout.
Imagine anambra ad kano.wot do dey hav to offer?mmmttccheww

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by wristbangle: 9:38am On Dec 08, 2016
nonsobaba:
Remove the sparsely-populated Enugu, Cross River, and Kaduna from that list.

By the way, this new revision to the bill is very thoughtful of its proponents. It should be given accelerated hearing and passage.

Any afonja thinking that only Lagos will be given special status must be deluded.

As an afonja, Lagos, Kano, Ogun, Anambra, Oyo and Rivers are states that really deserves the special bills.

I still think Enugu or perhaps Abia, Kaduna and Cross rivers deserves it but since you stated how sparingly their population are, can u mention states that deserves the special aside the ones I mentioned on the italics?

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Anchuna: 9:41am On Dec 08, 2016
BlueRayDick:
Anambra my asssss......Why must everything in Nigeria have to be done with Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa Tribal line in mind,huh? So they had to include two states representing the Igbos and hausas just to appease the phoools in the house of reps......Why not Rivers instead of Anambra?
Kano does not have any business being on that list, the same Kano that will erupt in flames at the slightest religious argument, yet someone up there is telling me kano is wiling to accommodate 10 million Nigerians.......smh.
One major problem in Nigeria is ignorance and gross inadequate knowledge of our country. So in your imagination, Kano does not have any business. I will only pardon you, if you are less than 16 years old, but if you are more, then, try and do some research about Kano. In terms of business and industry, only Lagos and recently Ogun state top Kano in Nigeria. As for Rivers state where I have lived for more than ten years, I can authoritatively tell you that the state does not come close to Kano in terms of numbers of businesses, factories, and companies. The only economic activity in Rivers state is oil and gas with only Shell among the multinational having its headquarters in Port Harcourt. Mobil, Chevron, Agip, and Total have their headquarters in Lagos. Others are the oil and gas servicing companies not more than 50, most, their headquarters still in Lagos, cluster mainly in Trans Amadi Industrial Area. So my brother, even in your imagination, never assume or think that Rivers state has more businesses or even infrastructure than Kano. We have only three cities in Nigeria. They are: Lagos, Abuja, and Kano. Others are just mega towns including Port Harcourt which is still far less developed than Kaduna. Ask people you know who have been to Kano about the city and you will be awe-inspired about your findings.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by lezz(m): 9:45am On Dec 08, 2016
Buyeradvertcom:
ABUJA—MEMBERS of the House of Representatives yesterday passed through second reading a bill seeking to grant special economic status to Lagos State and some other deserving states in the federation.

This is to ensure that the state receives the necessary support from the Federal Government to develop critical infrastructure and cater to its rising population. A bill of similar request was turned down in the Senate, but the House repackaged it to include consideration for special status to Kano, Anambra and states with cities within the threshold of 10 million inhabitants, which meet the criteria for megacity by the United Nations.

The bill is entitled: “a Bill for an Act to Alter the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004, to grant Special Economic Consideration to Certain States in Nigeria and other matters related thereto.” If it is eventually passed into law, any state with Special Consideration Status would be entitled to 20 percent of all proceeds accruing to the Federal Government from the state, to mitigate the pressures of urbanisation, overcrowding and decaying infrastructure. The Bill was promoted by Rep Babajimi Benson APC, Lagos, Rep. Linda Chuba Ikpeazu PDP, Anambra, Rep.

Danburam Abubakar Nuhu APC, Kano and Rep Sadiq Ibrahim Adamawa, APC, who described it as the ‘unity bill’. Benson, who led the debate said the 20 percent would assist in revival of the economic potentials of such states to contribute significantly to economic prosperity in the country.

“This bill, asides being in conformity with global demands, will position Nigeria as a proactive country ready to address the urban challenges of overpopulation, poverty, infrastructure decay and environmental degradation, also cater for the teeming youths who represent 70 percent of our demography,” Benson said.

The Lagos lawmaker noted that Onitsha has been known for trading and inflow of people from all regions of Nigeria since the mid-1850s, following the abolition of slave trade. It should therefore be considered for special benefits that will enhance its economic output and rich potentials.

“In the same vein, the textile, apparel and footwear industry in Kano, played dominant role in the manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy in the 70s and 80s, but today the textile industry that influenced the inflow to such cities, is moribund and require urgent attention that can only be achieved if the states have a sustainable fund dedicated to economic regeneration,” he said.

Kano also has the capacity to host more than 10 million Nigerians if given the needed support, Benson added. He passionately made an appeal for Lagos, where he represents, emphasising that the state remains the economic hub of the country, and provide 60 per cent of Nigeria’s gross domestic product.

“The GDP of Lagos State ranks fourth in Africa below Cairo, Johannesburg, and Cape Town. Lagos houses headquarters of national and global companies, and the complex business and professional services that support them,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/special-status-lagos-bill-passes-second-reading-house-reps/

No state, especially Lagos, should be given any special status. Lagos state is an artificial creation of the unitary system of Nigeria.

Being the only state with an operable sea port for export and import to the detriment of other coastal states and cities, it is double punishment for other Nigerians to grant more recognition to Lagos after sacrificing their economic opportunities and infrastructure to Lagos.

Importing and clearing cars in Nigeria is more cumbersome and expensive than in any other West African country because everything has to go through Lagos, creating a bottleneck and gridlock for business and the economy.

I think each state e.g Rivers, Delta, CrossRiver and others that have the capacity to open up ports should do so and there wouldn't be so much migration to Lagos to begin with .

2 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by blacbard(m): 9:50am On Dec 08, 2016
we will forever be nagged with balancing interests at the expense of exigencies in this country.
Its tge dynamics of this nation which we have to live with.
Lagos requires special status, away from Kano and Onitsha but as it seems for Lagos to have its way, Kano and Onitsha must be in the equation
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by boyt1: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2016
clevadani:
Just to grant Lagos special status, they had to add other unproductive states just to satisfy some elements. Only God can help this country.
A product of economic recession, hunger and frustration has affected your brain sorry.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by rabzy: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2016
I thought it was said that it is 20 percent of what the states contribute to the Centre will be given back to them. Then I will suggest all states are included, then the ones that contribute zero to the Centre should have 20% deducted from what is normally given to them.

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by LorDBolton(m): 9:52am On Dec 08, 2016
KevinDein:
but of course he hit the nail on the head. After all that narrative perfectly fits into your hateful bigoted heart.
I'm the bigoted one? Interesting

Pls rationally explain to me how kano, anambra can be compared to lagos, that special 'economic' status should be accorded to them b4 lag can be considered.

If you're only happy & satisfied with the news cos it touches the SE then obviously you're the one with a ethnic / regional mindset ergo you're the one filled with bigotry.

In-btw b4 slowpokes like you even think i'm yoruba... i'm proudly EDO.

If u got nothing intelligent to say don't quote me.

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Sheggy13(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2016
malel1:

Even if it's 2million u don't grant one state in a country special status, meanwhile the resources used is not gotten from that state
But it's ok to give states that have the resources 13% derivation, Ministry of Niger Delta and NDDC while a place like Lagos is allowed to have increased rural-urban migration from all over the country with pressure on the infrastructure without the government seeing how it can help ease that. Whichever way you look at it,Lagos is a peculiar state in this country and as such deserves to be given a special status. It's a microcosm of Nigeria.
Mind you, I'm from a LG that benefits all of the aforementioned before you accuse of looking at the issue from a tribal prism.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by clevadani: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2016
boyt1:

A product of economic recession, hunger and frustration has affected your brain sorry.
WTF is wrong with you. Did I insult you? Can you justify the inclusion of Anambra and Kano? If you insult someone for airing their opinion, then your problem is beyond T. B Joshua
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by BlueRayDick: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2016
Anchuna:

One major problem in Nigeria is ignorance and gross inadequate knowledge of our country. So in your imagination, Kano does not have any business. I will only pardon you, if you are less than 16 years old, but if you are more, then, try and do some research about Kano. In terms of business and industry, only Lagos and recently Ogun state top Kano in Nigeria. As for Rivers state where I have lived for more than ten years, I can authoritatively tell you that the state does not come close to Kano in terms of numbers of businesses, factories, and companies. The only economic activity in Rivers state is oil and gas with only Shell among the multinational having its headquarters in Port Harcourt. Mobil, Chevron, Agip, and Total have their headquarters in Lagos. Others are the oil and gas servicing companies not more than 50, most, their headquarters still in Lagos, cluster mainly in Trans Amadi Industrial Area. So my brother, even in your imagination, never assume or think that Rivers state has more businesses or even infrastructure than Kano. We have only three cities in Nigeria. They are: Lagos, Abuja, and Kano. Others are just mega towns including Port Harcourt which is still far less developed than Kaduna. Ask people you know who have been to Kano about the city and you will be awe-inspired about your findings.

The problem with people like you is, u think u understand English when in actual fact u don't. I said Kano has no business being on the list, but the only thing ur weak mind picked out is 'Kano has no business'......Where did u keep the remaining part of the sentence?

U really need to work on ur comprehension skills because I don't think u grabbed anything in my post u read. Nowhere in my post did I compare Kano with refers, but for the sake of ur long epistle u were able to find ways to link the two together. I asked why Anambra cant be substituted with Rivers, while also pointing out Kano as being a volatile state as against what one of the reps said that 'Kano is willing to accommodate 10million Nigerians'

Am surprised how u missed all these points and came up with what u have up there. Its a shame for someone who claims he his reasoning skills is way above a 16year old..... undecided undecided
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Sheggy13(m): 10:01am On Dec 08, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Funny how you people have no problems with no niger - delta state being on the list.
You dey mind them. Later they'll claiming fake SS/SE alliance a.k.a Biafra when we all know it's their selfish interest only they're after. The wise, discerning ones from the Niger Delta should know that already though.

2 Likes

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by basic23111: 10:05am On Dec 08, 2016
clevadani:
Just to grant Lagos special status, they had to add other unproductive states just to satisfy some elements. Only God can help this country.
u are right, without adding those two state , sentiment will not allow the Bill to fly. we still have a long way to go in this country
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Omudia11: 10:08am On Dec 08, 2016
I will stoop low to your level as to trade words with you. Onitsha is nowhere on my radar as I have lived in places you can only dream of. To your myopic mind, anyone who isn't been to Onitsha isn't exposed right?

Read and comprehend thoroughly before quoting me next time. Onitsha may be heaven to you, but not to me and many on this forum.

I won't even give you the privilege of explaining my earlier comment. Go get an English tutor.

I won't read or reply your next comment!
malton:

It's not as if your comment surprised me, because you have always been dumb!

It's just that this is a hateful lie! A dangerously foolish comment!

Have you ever been to Onitsha in your miserable life? I doubt so. Like it or not, that place is deserving of some kind of help to encourage its growth. Rivers State deserves consideration, yes, but to talk down other places as less deserving of such on grounds of some silly reasons is the peak of stupidity.

Labelling Kano an unproductive state tells of a creek soldier who barely knows a thing.

You should seek whatever god you believe in sometime, you need profound cleansing! Your kind of hate could consume you otherwise.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Omudia11: 10:10am On Dec 08, 2016
Beautiful comment. No need of adding anything, you've said it all.
kstix:

My thoughts too. But for the greater good, it just has to be done this way to push back ethnic sentiments and bigotry which i'm sure is why it was kicked against in the first place. Lagos is the 5th fastest economic growing city in africa, it deserves the 20% but our ethnic diversity wont let that happen, hence wisdom is applied to include a south eastern and northern state, even though they are below par, to let peace reign

1 Like

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Drinkspub: 10:13am On Dec 08, 2016
Drinkspub Nigeria we focus on drinks provision for all occasions; our broad range of drinks comprises both alcohol and soft drinks. info@drinkspub.com.ng
you can call us on +234 818 499 9969

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Ugosample(m): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2016
clevadani:

Anambra and Kano are unproductive States? shocked shocked
How old are you?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by proffc: 10:21am On Dec 08, 2016
Why not a state from each geo-political region? And instead of Lagos for the south-west why not Oyo? Some states are not doing bad (yes, they can be better) by themselves already, why not pick the next with potential?

Buyeradvertcom:
ABUJA—MEMBERS of the House of Representatives yesterday passed through second reading a bill seeking to grant special economic status to Lagos State and some other deserving states in the federation.

This is to ensure that the state receives the necessary support from the Federal Government to develop critical infrastructure and cater to its rising population. A bill of similar request was turned down in the Senate, but the House repackaged it to include consideration for special status to Kano, Anambra and states with cities within the threshold of 10 million inhabitants, which meet the criteria for megacity by the United Nations.

The bill is entitled: “a Bill for an Act to Alter the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004, to grant Special Economic Consideration to Certain States in Nigeria and other matters related thereto.” If it is eventually passed into law, any state with Special Consideration Status would be entitled to 20 percent of all proceeds accruing to the Federal Government from the state, to mitigate the pressures of urbanisation, overcrowding and decaying infrastructure. The Bill was promoted by Rep Babajimi Benson APC, Lagos, Rep. Linda Chuba Ikpeazu PDP, Anambra, Rep.

Danburam Abubakar Nuhu APC, Kano and Rep Sadiq Ibrahim Adamawa, APC, who described it as the ‘unity bill’. Benson, who led the debate said the 20 percent would assist in revival of the economic potentials of such states to contribute significantly to economic prosperity in the country.

“This bill, asides being in conformity with global demands, will position Nigeria as a proactive country ready to address the urban challenges of overpopulation, poverty, infrastructure decay and environmental degradation, also cater for the teeming youths who represent 70 percent of our demography,” Benson said.

The Lagos lawmaker noted that Onitsha has been known for trading and inflow of people from all regions of Nigeria since the mid-1850s, following the abolition of slave trade. It should therefore be considered for special benefits that will enhance its economic output and rich potentials.

“In the same vein, the textile, apparel and footwear industry in Kano, played dominant role in the manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy in the 70s and 80s, but today the textile industry that influenced the inflow to such cities, is moribund and require urgent attention that can only be achieved if the states have a sustainable fund dedicated to economic regeneration,” he said.

Kano also has the capacity to host more than 10 million Nigerians if given the needed support, Benson added. He passionately made an appeal for Lagos, where he represents, emphasising that the state remains the economic hub of the country, and provide 60 per cent of Nigeria’s gross domestic product.

“The GDP of Lagos State ranks fourth in Africa below Cairo, Johannesburg, and Cape Town. Lagos houses headquarters of national and global companies, and the complex business and professional services that support them,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/special-status-lagos-bill-passes-second-reading-house-reps/
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by winterfell007(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2016
those people arguing against Onitsha and Kano being included in the special status consideration are cynical. the population within those states dramatically going up. a city like Onitsha is home already to six million people already and counting talkless about those they that come in from asaba to do business on a daily basis. Kano state is remarkably huge despite some insecurity still present there. i acknowledge the fact that Lagos needs a special status. but if these state must receive good amount of the nation economic resources, they must be ready to reflect a state that accomiodates all in their civil service.
sate like lagos should be ready to overhaul its civil service to include non indigenes to justify the need to have that special status, so to Anambra and Kano since they are all being considered for equal status. these state must be ready to show they give equal opportunities indigenes and non-indigenes alike to aspire to the offices within the state. that's the burden of one Nigeria. my name remains Emeka Anetoh Stefan thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by Goke7: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2016
winterfell007:
those people arguing against Onitsha and Kano being included in the special status consideration are cynical. the population within those states dramatically going up. a city like Onitsha is home already to six million people already and counting talkless about those they that come in from asaba to do business on a daily basis. Kano state is remarkably huge despite some insecurity still present there. i acknowledge the fact that Lagos needs a special status. but if these state must receive good amount of the nation economic resources, they must be ready to reflect a state that accomiodates all in their civil service.
sate like lagos should be ready to overhaul its civil service to include non indigenes to justify the need to have that special status, so to Anambra and Kano since they are all being considered for equal status. these state must be ready to show they give equal opportunities indigenes and non-indigenes alike to aspire to the offices within the state. that's the burden of one Nigeria. my name remains Emeka Anetoh Stefan thank you

na trouble you de find bruv, all what you have said is the reason why the bill is unnecessary, it will create more problems than solutions simple
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by QuotaSystem: 10:43am On Dec 08, 2016
BlueRayDick:

The problem with people like you is, u think u understand English when in actual fact u don't. I said Kano has no business being on the list, but the only thing ur weak mind picked out is 'Kano has no business'......Where did u keep the remaining part of the sentence?

U really need to work on ur comprehension skills because I don't think u grabbed anything in my post u read. Nowhere in my post did I compare Kano with refers, but for the sake of ur long epistle u were able to find ways to link the two together. I asked why Anambra cant be substituted with Rivers, while also pointing out Kano as being a volatile state as against what one of the reps said that 'Kano is willing to accommodate 10million Nigerians'

Am surprised how u missed all these points and came up with what u have up there. Its a shame for someone who claims he his reasoning skills is way above a 16year old..... undecided undecided

The point he made in his response was that Kano has every reason to be on that list, even more than the Rivers you were recommending, and he outlined the points below, against your statement that Kano had no business being on that list.

Anchuna:

In terms of business and industry, only Lagos and recently Ogun state top Kano in Nigeria. As for Rivers state where I have lived for more than ten years, I can authoritatively tell you that the state does not come close to Kano in terms of numbers of businesses, factories, and companies. The only economic activity in Rivers state is oil and gas with only Shell among the multinational having its headquarters in Port Harcourt. Mobil, Chevron, Agip, and Total have their headquarters in Lagos. Others are the oil and gas servicing companies not more than 50, most, their headquarters still in Lagos, cluster mainly in Trans Amadi Industrial Area. So my brother, even in your imagination, never assume or think that Rivers state has more businesses or even infrastructure than Kano. We have only three cities in Nigeria. They are: Lagos, Abuja, and Kano. Others are just mega towns including Port Harcourt which is still far less developed than Kaduna. Ask people you know who have been to Kano about the city and you will be awe-inspired about your findings.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by wristbangle: 10:52am On Dec 08, 2016
vodutive:

You might as well add Ekiti and Zamfara!

If you think Ogun does not deserve the special bill status, then u are an enemy of progress.
Re: Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps by winterfell007(m): 10:55am On Dec 08, 2016
Goke7:

na trouble you de find bruv, all what you have said is the reason why the bill is unnecessary, it will create more problems than solutions simple

Goke7 i know it doesn't. it just because we yorubas and igbos are fond picking on each other. i see how we e-fight on nairaland everyday. calling eachother unprintable names. i'm igbo and a practical one. i don't believe in insulting other enthic groups and i expect likewise. these states being included must be ready to display such magnitude if they are to be considered in the special status request. a state like lagos even though historically is a yoruba state must also recognize that it;s success comes from the contribution of other Yorubas, igbos, Hausas and other ethnic groups being productive and paying their taxes.
that's why i shake my head (SMH) when i see my fellow igbo brothers boasting about their trade helping Lagos, it really pathetic because Lagos is so much more than just trading though they make significant contribution but that doesn't mean others don't contribute or the yorubas saying eko alantic city is for them only makes me laugh. because that city is meant to be inhabited by every Nigerian that is tax compliant.
so Anambra, which is also my state and Kano must be show that they can allow non-indigenes to aspires to the offices within the civil services. my honest contribution

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

IPOB Members Storm Abuja High Court Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Hearing. PICS / Okorocha - My Suspension By APGA Is Irrelevant / FFK: Welcome Home Dino, It Is Not Good Enough To Say That You Are Leaving Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.