Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769643 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
junior712: Pls everyone, how much is a round trip wit turkish airline. From 9ja to Ercan. Tnx all
Can you not do this yourself? angry
Go to Google
Type in "turkish airlines nigeria to ercan cyprus price"
Fill in details where it says book tickets.
As if by magic the answer is there!

Or go to thief Agent and pay more!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
junior712: Pls wip7 can I send you my payment receipt and admission letter??... I did my payment since last week and I followed the procedure as directed but couldn't get any response from the registrar

Okay send to me...i will get it down to account for you...do you apply yourself or via agent? cos the confirmation might be sent to the agent incase you are owing the agent and u want to run and not pay grin grin
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
profGinger: At wip how is my cousin application. Any head way many thanks please give me your contact via email.

Check your email.. i sent you your cousin admission offer...prepare to pay his tuition as soon as possible. Thanks....
Re: North Cyprus by mmt: 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
M
wip7:

Hi,

@megmat pls give me ur contact

@ wip pls giv me d contact of dat guy dat can do d attestation for me on NL

You need to attest the following only: bachelor transcript, bachelor cert (both are mandatory) and Olevel result (optional). There is a guy here on NL that can attest those for you if you dont live at Abuja and if you live there...its damn easy for u to do...wish you goodluck!
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
[quote author=wip7]

Using TRNC/Turkey as reference, there are tangible reasons students are denied study visas and these reasons varies according to country of origin or where the applicants reside or have lived.

1. For instance in EMU, African applicants above 25yrs coming to study undergraduate are seen as people having ulterior motive which may/may not be true. Therefore the university reached agreement with the embassy and other policy makers to reject applications from such group. Some have scaled through by submitting Age declaration of less than 25yrs and were admitted by the University but then the embassy looks at their current age and minus from when they wrote their olevel exams (Waec or Neco) and if there is any kind of foul play such will be denied. Example; A lady submitted intl passport with DOB 1991 but she submitted WAEC she wrote in year 2000, which translate that she wrote the WAEC when she was 9yrs old but the picture on the WAEC certificate showed she was matured at the time she wrote it....Automatically such person will be denied or she was denied.......the embassy do communicate back to the university and decisions will be reached. This is one of many reasons...When i have free time i will say more based on my 14years of recruiting students and my carnal knowledge as insider with EMU.

Pls sir, there is a mistake in my waec certificate abt my age 1990 instead of 1989 I even have an affidavit correcting it. My question is will it affect my visa application? Thanks pls I'll love ur rply
Re: North Cyprus by junior712(m): 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
Lol.... wip7 I applied myself. I will send you the payment receipt and the admission letter. Tnx alot and God bless
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
Iyowuski: Pls sir, there is a mistake in my waec certificate abt my age 1990 instead of 1989 I even have an affidavit correcting it. My question is will it affect my visa application? Thanks pls I'll love ur rply

What age or DOB u have on your international passport? which university?

junior712: Lol.... wip7 I applied myself. I will send you the payment receipt and the admission letter. Tnx alot and God bless

okay send and mention you NL ID...
Re: North Cyprus by magmat: 6:33am On Aug 24, 2014
mmt: M

@ mnt. check your mail.
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=wip7]

What age or DOB u have on your international passport? which university?

I av 1989 on my passport nd birth certificate only my waec has 1990. The sku is GAU. Thanks for d response
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Iyowuski: I av 1989 on my passport nd birth certificate only my waec has 1990. The sku is GAU. Thanks for d response

Alright go with your court affidavit to the embassy, as far as am aware GAU does not list your birth on embassy list like we do here at EMU, but list it with your offer letter ref. You wont have any issue with that provided your submit supporting docs or letter. Goodluck!
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
wip7:

Alright go with your court affidavit to the embassy, as far as am aware GAU does not list your birth on embassy list like we do here at EMU, but list it with your offer letter ref. You wont have any issue with that provided your submit supporting docs or letter. Goodluck!

Thanks... What do u mean by supporting docs. Can the affidavit serve as one? And do I av 2send my age correction affidavit to minstry of education too?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
Iyowuski:

Thanks... What do u mean by supporting docs. Can the affidavit serve as one? And do I av 2send my age correction affidavit to minstry of education too?

Supporting documents are any documents that will support your claims, signed and valid.......No ministry of edu has nothing to do with docs outside your educational certificates and transcripts....so you dont need to send the affidavit to min of edu. Just present that at the embassy along your visa required docs.
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
wip7:

Supporting documents are any documents that will support your claims, signed and valid.......No ministry of edu has nothing to do with docs outside your educational certificates and transcripts....so you dont need to send the affidavit to min of edu. Just present that at the embassy along your visa required docs.

Wow thanks dat means I don't hav any problem abi? U2much
Re: North Cyprus by profGinger: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2014
@ wip I didn't receive any email from you in regards to admission letter for my cousin. I will be grateful if you can resend in many thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2014
profGinger: @ wip I didn't receive any email from you in regards to admission letter for my cousin. I will be grateful if you can resend in many thanks.

i resent again.
Re: North Cyprus by profGinger: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2014
@ wip many thanks. I look forward to receive the admission attachment from EMu. What you sent is the admission notification status?
Re: North Cyprus by junior712(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2014
A million tanx to u wip7... l got my confirmation letter jst dis morning. God will forever bless u in all ur endeavours. Once again tanx
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
junior712: A million tanx to u wip7... l got my confirmation letter jst dis morning. God will forever bless u in all ur endeavours. Once again tanx

You are welkom boss..wish u luck!
Re: North Cyprus by adexsegzy: 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
@Wip following the post on signing of document..... Pls i want to ask for the signed documents to take to the embassy (Is it the one signed by ministry of education or foreign affairs or Both). Please kindly through light on this. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by magmat: 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
adexsegzy: @Wip following the post on signing of document..... Pls i want to ask for the signed documents to take to the embassy (Is it the one signed by ministry of education or foreign affairs or Both). Please kindly through light on this. Thanks
both of them will sign on the same document. although some people said ministry of foreign affairs is not compulsory. but try do both since that's wat the embassy wrote.
Re: North Cyprus by profGinger: 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
At wip when will the school send the admission letter so I can make payment.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
profGinger: At wip when will the school send the admission letter so I can make payment.

You will have it as soon as signed.
Re: North Cyprus by profGinger: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2014
@ wip how long does it take for the document to be signed by the registrar?
Re: North Cyprus by pauloomel: 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hello wip7 please sir, my friend Okanlawon Dorcas Titilope was given an appointment date of 15th of August. After her interview, she was told her name hasn't been sent to the embassy. That should would be contacted when it has. Please does she need to apply for another appointment date? Or just wait for the embassy to invite her. And please sir, help me confirm if her name has been sent to the embassy. Her name is Okanlawon Dorcas Titilope
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
pauloomel: Hello wip7 please sir, my friend Okanlawon Dorcas Titilope was given an appointment date of 15th of August. After her interview, she was told her name hasn't been sent to the embassy. That should would be contacted when it has. Please does she need to apply for another appointment date? Or just wait for the embassy to invite her. And please sir, help me confirm if her name has been sent to the embassy. Her name is Okanlawon Dorcas Titilope

Good day,

Based on your statement, you wrote the embassy said " she would be contacted when her name has been sent".....means that the embassy said they will contact her then......... So she can wait to hear from the embassy. Another alternative for you is to contact EMU registrar office to know when her name is sent or will be sent to embassy so after you know the details you can ask her to wait for embassy for a week but if no response you can ask her to take another appointment or visit them. Goodluck to your friend!
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
if anyone on here needs advice from an old student or anything else you can ask through nairaland email system. You can also join our whatsapp chat group aswell.. enjoy! looking forward to seeing you guys when u arrive,
Re: North Cyprus by ubiplanet(m): 7:31am On Aug 27, 2014
onedebos: if anyone on here needs advice from an old student or anything else you can ask through nairaland email system. You can also join our whatsapp chat group aswell.. enjoy! looking forward to seeing you guys when u arrive,

Number for the chat group?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2014
profGinger: @ wip how long does it take for the document to be signed by the registrar?

Good day,

Check your email...The offer letter sent to you now!
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2014
Items to Pack for a Safe, Productive Stay Abroad

Studying abroad can be the most exciting time of your life, but if you're not prepared, it can also be the most frightening. Consult the following instructions for packing for your study abroad.

Packing for your Trip
Before you begin packing, contact your airline of choice for their applicable luggage weight and security restrictions. Follow instructions carefully or you could find yourself surrendering items to security agents at the airport or paying costly fees for overweight baggage.
Try to keep luggage to a minimum. Write a list of things that you will need for day-to-day comfort, and then begin marking off those items that you can buy once you arrive. Small electronic items such as alarm clocks, irons, and hairdryers can be purchased rather inexpensively in stores. Toward the end of your stay, you can offer these items to incoming foreign students. If you are already communicating with your college roommate, ask them what they are bringing. You might be able to share certain items to cut down on the number of things each of you have to bring and/or purchase.
In terms of larger electronics, bring a laptop computer, digital camera, and mobile phone if you can. The more information that you store digitally, the better, since doing so will cut down on baggage and decrease the risk of losing information. Secure traveler's insurance on these expensive items before leaving home.
Ask your international student advisor about electrical conversion, since a country electrical outlets may differ from other countries. You may need to purchase cord adaptors or outlet converters upon your arrival.

Clothing is another item that you will want to limit. College students abroad are, in large part, very casual in their style of dress. Depending on the weather (which can vary significantly from region to region, so be sure to check before leaving home), jeans and T-shirts are standard attire. Bring several changes of undergarments and socks.
Clothing stores range from quite pricey to very inexpensive, and you can easily find a store that meets your needs. Seasonal items such as gloves, scarves, and rain boots are also very reasonably priced items abroad.
If possible, send some items before leaving home. This will not only cut down on the amount of luggage you'll be carrying, but it will also be a great opportunity to teach your family members and friends how to send things to you should the need or desire arise.

Smart Travel is Safe Travel
Before zipping up your suitcase, make a detailed list of everything you've packed (and in which suitcases) and keep that list in your personal carry-on bag. Include your passport number, credit card numbers, and emergency contacts in case your luggage is lost or delayed. Mark all bags with your contact address and both your host- and home-country phone numbers.
It is wise to use an under-clothing holder for your identification, cash, and vital paperwork. These holders are thin and discreet, keeping your most important items closest to your body.
Wear a wristwatch set to the appropriate time, and use either your mobile phone or a battery-operated alarm clock to regulate your schedule. Getting used to the time difference will help you to establish quick patterns and get comfortable with your new surroundings.

WISH YOU ALL A SAFE TRIP AND SUCCESS WITH YOUR VISAS....

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:57am On Aug 27, 2014
All kindly be careful...dont always click anyway link if you do not initiate such....i have to post this..I use Gmail service but the sender is from yahoo..(even most times the scammers are not so smart)...i receive over 50 of similar from this Hamidu person.

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2014
wip7: All kindly be careful...dont always click anyway link if you do not initiate such....i have to post this..I use Gmail service but the sender is from yahoo..(even most times the scammers are not so smart)...i receive over 50 of similar from this Hamidu person.

Boss i received this type without count, at times i wonder how they reason with so much awareness now thinking someone will fall for this nonsense.Now they even go as far as trying to scam through skype knowing fully well skype is a video call application of which a reasonable someone must surely demand for video.
Most times when i receive it i usually reply them with a very structured polite insult....lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.