Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770880 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 2:59am On Oct 10, 2014
vanrichie4u:
Please I need a guide, my cousin wants to study in north cyprus (near east university), nursing to be precise, she has a bsc in bus management but wants to start all over, she's 26yrs. She wanted to employ the use of an agent but I told her I can get info and guidience here, pls can somebody put me through. Thanks
anything concerning near east university you could ask me,this forum helped me a lot while I was processing mine,I will help others as well ask any questions here about Near East University or will respond as soon as possible.
Re: North Cyprus by Danielotuya(m): 9:10am On Oct 11, 2014
Gsluv:
Emu still does airport pick up for students despite the holidays and accommodation is provided for a night. Therefore I'd advise e those coming over here to prepare financially for accommodation, as the emu dormitories which are cheaper are currently not available anymore. New students are faced with the task of getting accommodation offcampus or private dormitories. Feel free to ask any question as per your arrival here.

pls, on the average how much does private dorm or off campus accommodation cost
Re: North Cyprus by Danielotuya(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2014
Pls pls and pls..help me with information. I wish to further my studies in Cyprus. I av a second class upper bachelor's degree in Economics. So i really need all the information and the financial implication for the duration of my studies. A little job info will also be appreciated as i am not a lazy guy @ all. Thanks in anticipation
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2014
Pls o wat wud a 1st time traveler need to travel wit...wat type of food stuff, gadget, type of clothings
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
Danielotuya:
Pls pls and pls..help me with information. I wish to further my studies in Cyprus. I av a second class upper bachelor's degree in Economics. So i really need all the information and the financial implication for the duration of my studies. A little job info will also be appreciated as i am not a lazy guy @ all. Thanks in anticipation
I'll advice you to have funds for your entire stay and sponsors back home , forget about jobs you will hardly find one and even if you do it wount be enough for your feeding expenses ..that's my 2cents .Gbam!!
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
Iyowuski:
Pls o wat wud a 1st time traveler need to travel wit...wat type of food stuff, gadget, type of clothings
indomie. Garri, grounded egusi with pepe ..you wount have troubles at the airport with that ..my 2 cents .Gbam!!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
godsong:
indomie. Garri, grounded egusi with pepe ..you wount have troubles at the airport with that ..my 2 cents .Gbam!!
Thanks bro...hw abt d clothes just normal naija clothes or thick thick clothes for weather issues?
Re: North Cyprus by Danielotuya(m): 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
godsong:
I'll advice you to have funds for your entire stay and sponsors back home , forget about jobs you will hardly find one and even if you do it wount be enough for your feeding expenses ..that's my 2cents .Gbam!!

Thanx bro. Pls oh..more questions
do u think a budget of 2.5mil will suffice for both tuition and spending expenses for the whole period(18months)
Re: North Cyprus by Danielotuya(m): 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
godsong:

Thanx bro for the info. Still in d vein of finance my bro, will 2:5,million naira suffice for both my tuition and spending expenses for d period?
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
Bro godsong....hw abt gadgets is it adviceable I get my laptop nd fone here or I buy wen I arrive d island?
Re: North Cyprus by Chiscomax(m): 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
wip7:

I don't believe you...I did that search and i want you to do it yourself...I got over 45 universities offering your choice of program in Turkey.... ........If you want to study Master Program abroad Turkey to be precise..you can be efficient and successful on one condition.. You must be a great researcher, be able to search for novel ideas, create innovative and original research plans. If you cant search for what you want now....how then can you become effective or know what you want? Academics have gone beyond just classroom...its more global!

I have read through this thread and I must confess, you have done well. Please I would like to get some few information from you;

1) I would like to know what it would take for someone with a degree in phisiology to study medicine in cyprus

2) I would like to know universities that would accept someone with a 2:2 in mechanical engineering to study mechanical engineering in masters. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 3:10am On Oct 13, 2014
Iyowuski:

Bro godsong....hw abt gadgets is it adviceable I get my laptop nd fone here or I buy wen I arrive d island?
get your gadgets and laptop in 9ja it's cheaper especially if your in lagos go to computer village .my 2cents .Gbam
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 3:14am On Oct 13, 2014
Danielotuya:

Thanx bro for the info. Still in d vein of finance my bro, will 2:5,million naira suffice for both my tuition and spending expenses for d period?
what course are you going for ? It all depends on your life style ?if it's not medicine your good to go .my 2cents .Gbam!
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
Mr Wip,
Good Afternoon, I have paid my fees for EMU for this fall semester and I have gotten my confirmation of payment letter. I have been trying to contact the embassy in Abuja for an appointment date but I have gotten no reply.I even called but I didnt get an answer. Should I try to go to the embassy without an appointment because Emu's last resumption date is on the 27th of october and I havent heard anything from the embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
zezebabyxoxo:
Mr Wip,
Good Afternoon, I have paid my fees for EMU for this fall semester and I have gotten my confirmation of payment letter. I have been trying to contact the embassy in Abuja for an appointment date but I have gotten no reply.I even called but I didnt get an answer. Should I try to go to the embassy without an appointment because Emu's last resumption date is on the 27th of october and I havent heard anything from the embassy.

Take the risk and go..wish you luck!
Re: North Cyprus by iscbaba: 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
@Wip7,by due respect sir im very corect.......no institution offers water and enviromental engineering bt CIU offers enviromental engr.METU offers energy and enviromental enginnering.......can i v ur mail?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
iscbaba:
@Wip7,by due respect sir im very corect.......no institution offers water and enviromental engineering bt CIU offers enviromental engr.METU offers energy and enviromental enginnering.......can i v ur mail?

Am so sorry.. I don't understand those stuff you have written above....is there a way you can write again so i can understand?
Re: North Cyprus by kungfumaster: 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
wip7:

Kindly visit the embassy website " under info note" you will find the procedure.

am still surprised that our naija broda and sisters re still trooping into north cyprus.

Please if you know you wish to study and not hassle dont go dia, its a dead zone, I have lived dia 4 some time and I had to come home to apply for visa to anoda country wasted money and everything.

if you want to school in that country I will only recommend eastern Mediterranean university to all, the rest universities like ciu, near east or yanki dogun, university kaparsa, girne American university re all crappy universities waiting to suck ur cash.

if you want to study emu is ok 4 u.

cyprus has nothing to offer to anybody.apart from the constant lite which the bill is high, 24internet which you still get to pay for. Naija is way lot beta
Re: North Cyprus by kungfumaster: 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
wip7:

Safest trip! You can be want you want at the Island or anywhere and its only you that can limit yourself...dont forget your locus and stay focus and i wish you success!
@shytee you must be in Cyprus now and I guess you disappointed with whats on ground.
cyprus a country u travel to and still struggle to liv dia.

Please guys am not dissuading anybody from going but truth de say is bitter, our agents , people like pixxon international tell u all lies about dat country called Cyprus and its devastating that wen u get dia till u graduate u kip depending on ur parents for financial assistance.

all d best to anyone going to that country to study alone.

but if na hussle de ur mind, bro abeg try oda countries.

in north Cyprus u ve few embassies and to travel u need to go to turkey to book appointment with another embassy.

well I speak d truth all.
Re: North Cyprus by kungfumaster: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
godsong:
anything concerning near east university you could ask me,this forum helped me a lot while I was processing mine,I will help others as well ask any questions here about Near East University or send an email to godsong29@gmail.com will respond as soon as possible.
@vanriche

please advice ur cousin not to go to near east or yankin dogun.
dat country is dead and gone.

if she wants to study and not odawise fine, near east has a standard hospital.

but if she has any oda motive aside schooling she don enta one chance.

Let her take her time and search for schools like in Germany, finland, poland, czech repb.

this countries offer standard education and re tuition free.
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
kungfumaster:

@vanriche

please advice ur cousin not to go to near east or yankin dogun.
dat country is dead and gone.

if she wants to study and not odawise fine, near east has a standard hospital.

but if she has any oda motive aside schooling she don enta one chance.

Let her take her time and search for schools like in Germany, finland, poland, czech repb.

this countries offer standard education and re tuition free.

Dude, if it didn't work for you here, it doesn't mean it won't work for others. People are different and also circumstances. So stop the dissuading campaign. It is very important for anyone leaving his country for another to sit down and count the cost!
Truth be told, if you are coming here to study, you will definitely get the best! Which is the reason the embassy gave you the visa and not for any other reason. Many have come here and transferred to better universities in other countries or betterstill graduated from here and are faring well either abroad or in Nigeria. However, some have also come here and made a mess of their lives cos they thought, Cyprus is a money producing country and they get stranded or return frustrated. Pls check the map and read details! Cyprus is just small island, if u dnt zoom well u'd probably miss it, it has limited industry, its simply a tourist center and for education. You shouldn't expect to compare it to Uk or the US or even Nigeria!!! They are on different grounds! The population is not even up to Lagos, although far better managed and coordinated than Lagos.

Bottom line: Look before you leap! Don't come here expecting it to be New York!! Be financially prepared!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:02am On Oct 15, 2014
Gsluv:

Dude, if it didn't work for you here, it doesn't mean it won't work for others. People are different and also circumstances. So stop the dissuading campaign. It is very important for anyone leaving his country for another to sit down and count the cost!
Truth be told, if you are coming here to study, you will definitely get the best! Which is the reason the embassy gave you the visa and not for any other reason. Many have come here and transferred to better universities in other countries or betterstill graduated from here and are faring well either abroad or in Nigeria. However, some have also come here and made a mess of their lives cos they thought, Cyprus is a money producing country and they get stranded or return frustrated. Pls check the map and read details! Cyprus is just small island, if u dnt zoom well u'd probably miss it, it has limited industry, its simply a tourist center and for education. You shouldn't expect to compare it to Uk or the US or even Nigeria!!! They are on different grounds! The population is not even up to Lagos, although far better managed and coordinated than Lagos.

Bottom line: Look before you leap! Don't come here expecting it to be New York!! Be financially prepared!
@gsluv nice one bro @kunfumaster sorry for your disappointment ..eye sorry.. One Thing you should know is that not everybody came here to hustle , like @gsluv said,don't come to cyprus thinking its canada or usa,secondly Ur campaign is 2 sided your telling people not to study tat other university in north cyprus except for emu, bro learn to give details why you think other schools are crap, abi emu send u??if you get beef with other schools Abeg let us know so we will assign butcher to help you cut the beef .lol ..one thing you should know is that loads of things are been put into consideration such as tuition fees, admission, visa processing etc, people prefer cyprus to ghana...once again @kunfu master once again sorry you hear

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2014
Is it possible to reserve a flight without paying for it. I am asking because I will like to know for my visa interview.
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 11:30am On Oct 15, 2014
My mom would like to go with me to TRNC will a turkish visa suffice for her to enter north cyprus?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
zezebabyxoxo:
Is it possible to reserve a flight without paying for it. I am asking because I will like to know for my visa interview.
yes it is ..infact for visa purpose only reserve don't pay..you can do it your self online ..
Re: North Cyprus by adeyemi97(m): 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
please if there's anybody coming to north Cyprus soon, email me at adeyemifolajimi@gmail.com, I just want u to help me buy my body cream along with you cos I cant find it here, I'll pay you whenever you arrive. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by kungfumaster: 1:28am On Oct 17, 2014
godsong:
@gsluv nice one bro @kunfumaster sorry for your disappointment ..eye sorry.. One Thing you should know is that not everybody came here to hustle , like @gsluv said,don't come to cyprus thinking its canada or usa,secondly Ur campaign is 2 sided your telling people not to study tat other university in north cyprus except for emu, bro learn to give details why you think other schools are crap, abi emu send u??if you get beef with other schools Abeg let us know so we will assign butcher to help you cut the beef .lol ..one thing you should know is that loads of things are been put into consideration such as tuition fees, admission, visa processing etc, people prefer cyprus to ghana...once again @kunfu master once again sorry you hear

you guys are just agents in Nigeria sent to scam Nigeria students about schooling in Cyprus.
listen up all as I said earlier on of u wish to school in that country aside hustling den go to emu, but if u tink of schooling and doing menial jobs u are on a wrong lane.

truth must be told most people who leave naija 4 studies abroad come with the intention of doing smtin even as a student to support bills and everything, dats the joy of schooling abroad.

I have adviced from experience and if u tink ur school is mutually tied to some schools in the us, uk or Germany den 4get it.

90percent of the Nigeria people dia re looking for a way out of dat country, some are stranded cos de didn't meet what they expected and dia is no money to move to oda countries.

so many of our naija agents are here to confuse u.
Please be wise and dont waste your money.
Re: North Cyprus by kungfumaster: 1:37am On Oct 17, 2014
kungfumaster:

you guys are just agents in Nigeria sent to scam Nigeria students about schooling in Cyprus.
listen up all as I said earlier on of u wish to school in that country aside hustling den go to emu, but if u tink of schooling and doing menial jobs u are on a wrong lane.

truth must be told most people who leave naija 4 studies abroad come with the intention of doing smtin even as a student to support bills and everything, dats the joy of schooling abroad.

I have adviced from experience and if u tink ur school is mutually tied to some schools in the us, uk or Germany den 4get it.

90percent of the Nigeria people dia re looking for a way out of dat country, some are stranded cos de didn't meet what they expected and dia is no money to move to oda countries.

so many of our naija agents are here to confuse u.
Please be wise and dont waste your money.

pls @all put dis to practice

try personally to contact schools like ciu with emeka at the international office
or contact yanki dogu or what de call near east witj kelly dia too and ask for admission.
den contact emu also
check the response from this people and tell urslf the truth.

or beta still google Cyprus international university and Nigeria u will see more.

anything north is bad news.pls all dont go dia if u not going to study. dia re beta countries u can apply for witj same range of fees.dont allow anyone tell u dat u can't get visa to a good country, with God all tinx are possible. dats how dis agents make us believe visa to oda countries is like impossible.

Please be wise try oda countries u will get dia admission and visa.

what kind of country is it u will do interview and get the visa dat same day?

or you get it d next day and u say na beta country.
even south cyprus takes 3weeks to process ur visa.

we talking of a country dat is not recognised anywia in d world.

all dis guys are agents I will give links soon of affordable universities u can apply to
Re: North Cyprus by iscbaba: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2014
U ARE WELCOME........U CAN LIST D SCHOOL AND ARE U SAYIN CIU IS NOT A GUD SCHOOL?

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.