Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767747 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by oluwatushie: 7:25am On Sep 21, 2014
@wip7 hello sir,I told you earlier that turkey embassy have not reply me about for appointment date,and am planning to reach abuja this weeks,please sir is there any assurance that they will full attend to me..
Re: North Cyprus by jadakiss800: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2014
wip7:

Hi,

May i know your school name?

....This is not totally true, i have seen cases where applicants are issued second day/same day for Turkish Universities and in some cases, the applications are sent to Istanbul for verification. When such note is issued to student/applicant, in most cases one of these may be the reason (1) there are some errors noticed from what the university sent (2) The university has not sent details to the embassy and the TK embassy Abuja then coordinate with the Istanbul main office that always have the master copies of students details so as to verify. (3) Sometimes the university have some agreement or formal documents that needed to be signed or fill before embassy will attend to their applicants, so they needed to confirm (4) Sometime the restriction set by the university does not tally with the admission or document of the students. After confirmation and all is okay...They issue the visa.

.. Most school have last day of registration which you must follow, if you come after last day of registration your admission may be transferred to following semester. So is advisable you call or email your university as soon as you obtain your visa to know if you can still register. The immigration will allow you to enter provided the duration is close to each other (meaning, the gap between your arrival to the last day of registration is not more than 1 month).

I do hope this helps..........
sir it's istanbul aydin university
Re: North Cyprus by jadakiss800: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2014
wip7:

Hi,

May i know your school name?

....This is not totally true, i have seen cases where applicants are issued second day/same day for Turkish Universities and in some cases, the applications are sent to Istanbul for verification. When such note is issued to student/applicant, in most cases one of these may be the reason (1) there are some errors noticed from what the university sent (2) The university has not sent details to the embassy and the TK embassy Abuja then coordinate with the Istanbul main office that always have the master copies of students details so as to verify. (3) Sometimes the university have some agreement or formal documents that needed to be signed or fill before embassy will attend to their applicants, so they needed to confirm (4) Sometime the restriction set by the university does not tally with the admission or document of the students. After confirmation and all is okay...They issue the visa.

.. Most school have last day of registration which you must follow, if you come after last day of registration your admission may be transferred to following semester. So is advisable you call or email your university as soon as you obtain your visa to know if you can still register. The immigration will allow you to enter provided the duration is close to each other (meaning, the gap between your arrival to the last day of registration is not more than 1 month).

I do hope this helps..........
sir it's istanbul aydin university, I was at the embassy on Friday trying to see if I could have an interview despite an appointment on the 26th and thanks for the info sir.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2014
oluwatushie: @wip7 hello sir,I told you earlier that turkey embassy have not reply me about for appointment date,and am planning to reach abuja this weeks,please sir is there any assurance that they will full attend to me..

Unfortunately i dont work with the embassy and i dont know how they work...so i am not in the position to assure you if they will attend to you or not....but there is no harm when you try...Wish you luck!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2014
jadakiss800: sit it's istanbul aydin university, I was at the embassy on Friday trying to see if I could have an interview despite an appointment on the 26th and thanks for the info sir.

Why do you bother yourself when you already have appointment on 26th? Learn to be patient...You have 5days from today...Wish you luck!
Re: North Cyprus by jadakiss800: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
wip7:

Why do you bother yourself when you already have appointment on 26th? Learn to be patient...You have 5days from today...Wish you luck!
thank you sir
Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 8:44am On Sep 23, 2014
oluwatushie: @wip7 hello sir,I told you earlier that turkey embassy have not reply me about for appointment date,and am planning to reach abuja this weeks,please sir is there any assurance that they will full attend to me..

The question wasn't directed to me but lemme help out.
My brother DONT GO TO THE EMBASSY WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT!!!!!
They will never answer you, things has changed at the embassy no matter how much you bribe Mr Sunny and one other guy that works inside the embassy, the consular will never attend to you. Same happened to me 2 weeks ago. I just wasted my transport to n fro+hotel bills(hotels r expensive in abj)
Took the embassy almost 3 and a half weeks to reply me, my appointment is 9am 2mao
I sending the reply from the bus from lagos - abj cos i want to minimize hotel bills.
Have you authenticated you results?
If no pls go to the ministry 2days prior to ur appointment when u eventually get it, because dos ppl can delay 4 africa!
Hope this info/experience helps.

I hope they grant me the visa, abeg my fellow NLders pray 4 me cos m starting to hav doubts cos i hav 2 schengen(France) visa denial on my passporttho i went to came last xmas hope it wil mot seem lyk i want to runaway?

Holla if ur appointment is 2mao lets meet up.
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 9:34am On Sep 23, 2014
To3i:

The question wasn't directed to me but lemme help out.
My brother DONT GO TO THE EMBASSY WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT!!!!!
They will never answer you, things has changed at the embassy no matter how much you bribe Mr Sunny and one other guy that works inside the embassy, the consular will never attend to you. Same happened to me 2 weeks ago. I just wasted my transport to n fro+hotel bills(hotels r expensive in abj)
Took the embassy almost 3 and a half weeks to reply me, my appointment is 9am 2mao
I sending the reply from the bus from lagos - abj cos i want to minimize hotel bills.
Have you authenticated you results?
If no pls go to the ministry 2days prior to ur appointment when u eventually get it, because dos ppl can delay 4 africa!
Hope this info/experience helps.

I hope they grant me the visa, abeg my fellow NLders pray 4 me cos m starting to hav doubts cos i hav 2 schengen(France) visa denial on my passporttho i went to came last xmas hope it wil mot seem lyk i want to runaway?

Holla if ur appointment is 2mao lets meet up.

Myn is 2moro
Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Iyowuski:
Myn is 2moro
Mail me ur num, tobastron1@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 10:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Iyowuski:
Myn is 2moro

Im at the embassy, i cnt seem to reach u
Re: North Cyprus by Heromaniaa: 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oligarki:

Have successfully collected it though it was easy but Thank God
also wanna appreciate the whole house that contributed most esp the likes of wip7 & others
God Bless... arranging for the flight ticket
safe journey oligarki. Please can I discuss some issues with you. I have pm you but no reply yet. Can u please send me your number or pin to njokuchukwumaa@gmail.com I'd appreciate if you would be of assistance
Re: North Cyprus by Oligarki: 7:48am On Sep 27, 2014
Heromaniaa: safe journey oligarki. Please can I discuss some issues with you. I have pm you but no reply yet. Can u please send me your number or pin to njokuchukwumaa@gmail.com I'd appreciate if you would be of assistance

sent you a mail.

House, Please how can one obtain the pick up form? couldn't find it on the school website.
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by boblin: 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hello everyone. Pls I need to knw about those going to study in ciu or currently studying. On my initial offer from ciu. I ws asked to pay 2500euros before acceptance letter will be issued. My question is will the money cover my one year accomodation/1year fees
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
boblin: Hello everyone. Pls I need to knw about those going to study in ciu or currently studying. On my initial offer from ciu. I ws asked to pay 2500euros before acceptance letter will be issued. My question is will the money cover my one year accomodation/1year fees

On the admission letter do they write the money is for both tuition and accommodation?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Oligarki:

sent you a mail.

House, Please how can one obtain the pick up form? couldn't find it on the school website.
Thanks

For the form go to http://www.emu.edu.tr/oryantasyon/KarsilamaForm.aspx
Re: North Cyprus by Oligarki: 6:29am On Sep 29, 2014
penroll55:
For the form go to http://www.emu.edu.tr/oryantasyon/KarsilamaForm.aspx

Thanks bro
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 11:59am On Sep 29, 2014
Oligarki:

Thanks bro

send the filled form to amjad200543@gmail.com.... he is the one in charge of transportation(international office) for new student.
Re: North Cyprus by junior712(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pls wip7..
I was offered industrial engineering in EMU, I've done all the payments and I'm here on the island. Pls i wanna knw if i can change my sch to METU coz dey hv courses that is more related to my field. I read geology.
Secondly, I wanna knw if i can get refund of remaining money i paid.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
junior712: Pls wip7..
I was offered industrial engineering in EMU, I've done all the payments and I'm here on the island. Pls i wanna knw if i can change my sch to METU coz dey hv courses that is more related to my field. I read geology.
Secondly, I wanna knw if i can get refund of remaining money i paid.

Hi,

Are you going for undergraduate or graduate program? Did you apply to METU before or why did you apply to EMU initially? METU admission for this semester is close but you maybe admitted as transfer applicant next semester.
Re: North Cyprus by tobzzy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
i was also giving admission by EMU please what are the things i need to know @whp7 send me mail to ahmed.toyib@gmail.com or toyib@lesgilles.com
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
tobzzy: i was also giving admission by EMU please what are the things i need to know @whp7 send me mail to ahmed.toyib@gmail.com or toyib@lesgilles.com

Sorry i dont send email to people i only reply the one that worth replying but am always willing to assist and guide.......If you need anything kindly ask on the forum or email me so i can reply.

To answer your question, steps to follow has been written in English in the offer letter issued by EMU including the bank details, documents to submit and embassy details. Kindly read and follow the procedure or ask specific question here. Wish you luck!
Re: North Cyprus by tobzzy(m): 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
thanks for willing to help but i was told i have been accepted but for the Spring Semester of 2014-15 Academic Year. and they said they will start sending acceptance letters for Spring Semester in NOVEMBER. please what are the things i need to know and ready
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
tobzzy: thanks for willing to help but i was told i have been accepted but for the Spring Semester of 2014-15 Academic Year. and they said they will start sending acceptance letters for Spring Semester in NOVEMBER. please what are the things i need to know and ready

Yes admission letters for Spring will be issued from Mid-November. The fees will be written on the offer letter and is advisable for you to make payment as soon as you receive it. For undergrad the fees ranges 3700-5800USD per year inclusive of scholarship, so start arranging the fees cos is the most important thing. Accommodation ranges 1500-4000USD per year. Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by tobzzy(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
yes i understand but i was given 50% scholarship. wont that reduce my tuition fee
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
tobzzy: yes i understand but i was given 50% scholarship. wont that reduce my tuition fee

Read the bold part well. It says scholarship inclusive:

wip7:
Yes admission letters for Spring will be issued from Mid-November. The fees will be written on the offer letter and is advisable for you to make payment as soon as you receive it. For undergrad the fees ranges 3700-5800USD per year inclusive of scholarship, so start arranging the fees cos is the most important thing. Accommodation ranges 1500-4000USD per year. Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by tobzzy(m): 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
Its okay thank you, but despite the fact that I will work over there, will I still need help from home, or my salary will feed me. Please enlighten me about that
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
tobzzy: Its okay thank you, but despite the fact that I will work over there, will I still need help from home, or my salary will feed me. Please enlighten me about that

Which salary? I will advise you accordingly again and again..you must ensure you have sponsor or you are financially capable to sponsor your education from A to Z. There is no job here for now and if you find job it will mainly feed you or serve as survival aid. See some have found jobs after difficult tasks while some got it easy but do you know how difficult to study and work here? ....either your education suffer or you suffer.

Kindly ensure you have full year fees till you will graduate, ensure monthly expenses 100-300USD will be available to you by your sponsor and also accommodation cost arranged. After this, if you find job you can save that money and if you don't find job then you can focus on your studies. Thanks this is the last advice to you.!!!
Re: North Cyprus by tobzzy(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2014
Please has anyone gone to the ministry of education in abuja to accredit his high school result, please if you have kindly share experience and the time/ days it take.
Re: North Cyprus by junior712(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
wip7:

Hi,

Are you going for undergraduate or graduate program? Did you apply to METU before or why did you apply to EMU initially? METU admission for this semester is close but you maybe admitted as transfer applicant next semester.

I'm going for masters. Actually d agent dat helped me told me dat dere is no geology related course in north cyprus bt i was surprise wen a frnd told me abt METU.
Pls is it possible to get my remaining money frm EMU?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
junior712:

I'm going for masters. Actually d agent dat helped me told me dat dere is no geology related course in north cyprus bt i was surprise wen a frnd told me abt METU.
Pls is it possible to get my remaining money frm EMU?
Have you ask your agent about this? Possibly your agent should guide you on how to get a refund from the university. Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.