Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771412 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2015
terrywales:
Good morning everyone. I like to know the list of documents required for attestation as a master student and is the attestation done at both ministry of education and foreign affairs in Abuja. Also, as I will be sponsoring myself, do I need to attest my bank reference letter. I received my conditional acceptance letter and I have paid the required 1000€ for unconditional acceptance to ciu this September . Thanks
you should not attest your bank reference letter , the bank signatures on it is ok, hope your statement of account was stamped, you should take your transcript , Bsc certificate , and your WAEC OR NECO to the ministry of foreign affairs and Education for stamping .
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
@Wip7
Good afternoon Mr wip pls sir I haven't gotten my confirmation letter sir pls sir it's getting kinda late and I don't know what's happening sir pls sir I'm looking forward to ur cute response sir......thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
kcbentley:
@Wip7
Good afternoon Mr wip pls sir I haven't gotten my confirmation letter sir pls sir it's getting kinda late and I don't know what's happening sir pls sir I'm looking forward to ur cute response sir......thanks

Its not late sir. The university resumes in October and we are in July. The university is working on releasing the confirmation letters and consequently dispatch the details to the embassy for the first batch!. So towards August middle, you can put in for your visa application!

Success!
Re: North Cyprus by benji93: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
Good day Dr WIP, i appreciate your previous reply.I am a prospective student of METU ankara, but i live in Ghana, if METU has sent my acceptance letter to the embassy, would it be the Turkish Embassy in Ghana or Turkish embassy in my home country Nigeria
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
benji93:
Good day Dr WIP, i appreciate your previous reply.I am a prospective student of METU ankara, but i live in Ghana, if METU has sent my acceptance letter to the embassy, would it be the Turkish Embassy in Ghana or Turkish embassy in my home country Nigeria

You can choose where to send it to provided you have legal residence. If you are living legally (documented) in Ghana and wants to apply in Ghana...you will inform your university to send the details to Turkish embassy in Ghana and it will be done. We do that for our own students that live elsewhere, so is not an issue!
Re: North Cyprus by benji93: 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
wip7:

You can choose where to send it to provided you have legal residence. If you are living legally (documented) in Ghana and wants to apply in Ghana...you will inform your university to send the details to Turkish embassy in Ghana and it will be done. We do that for our own students that live elsewhere, so is not an issue!
Thank you Dr WIP, but u miscontrue something, i have been admitted into METU ankara, and i have received the acceptance letter both my email and post, but i completed my secondary school in Ghana, and wrote WASSCE in Ghana, when i was applying, a section of the application directed me to fill in my nationality and place of birth and i did that accordingly(Nigeria and Lagos), another part directed me to fill in a contact address where i would like the to send me the letter of acceptance,and i provided one, but i did not specifically inform them i wanted the acceptance letter to be sent to the turkish embassy in Ghana.So please what do u have to say concerning this Sir?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
benji93:
Thank you Dr WIP, but u miscontrue something, i have been admitted into METU ankara, and i have received the acceptance letter both my email and post, but i completed my secondary school in Ghana, and wrote WASSCE in Ghana, when i was applying, a section of the application directed me to fill in my nationality and place of birth and i did that accordingly(Nigeria and Lagos), another part directed me to fill in a contact address where i would like the to send me the letter of acceptance,and i provided one, but i did not specifically inform them i wanted the acceptance letter to be sent to the turkish embassy in Ghana.So please what do u have to say concerning this Sir?

I have replied you above correctly. If you wish to apply for visa in Turkish embassy in Ghana, you can do that provided you have legal residence permit in Ghana. You will email or call your chosen University to send your details to Turkish embassy in Ghana.

If you want Turkish embassy in Nigeria. Kindly inform them also. Since they are not wizard/witchcraft most of them believe by default that Nigerian holding Nigeria passport lives in Nigeria by DEFAULT. But if you dont live in Nigeria, then re-set them by telling them where you want the details to be sent to.

NOTE: the details I referred to above, means copy of your acceptance letter, payment details if any, submitted docs during application...........all goes to embassy in order to attend to you.
Re: North Cyprus by terrywales: 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
Good evening house @ godson thanks for your reply. I went thru the check list for visa application and I saw two things that wasn't clear to me.The typhoid vaccination card and the National identity card. I ask for typhoid vaccination at the hospital but I was told that there is no card for that, I can only get treatment for typhoid. Concerning the National identity, I only have the paper confirmation slip, the real identity which is plastic is not yet out. I will appreciate any useful update concerning these issues. Thanks. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
terrywales:
Good evening house @ godson thanks for your reply. I went thru the check list for visa application and I saw two things that wasn't clear to me.The typhoid vaccination card and the National identity card. I ask for typhoid vaccination at the hospital but I was told that there is no card for that, I can only get treatment for typhoid. Concerning the National identity, I only have the paper confirmation slip, the real identity which is plastic is not yet out. I will appreciate any useful update concerning these issues. Thanks.
[color=#000099][/color]

People are been granted visa without the national I.d , since you have the slip , just submit a copy of the slip , that would cover that aspect, as for the thyphoid treatment ,lol, you should have asked for yellow card, you can get it for 1k at the international airport Lagos or Abuja , you can also go to a general hospital not private hospital. Ask for yellow card , you would be given an injection and please make sure you go with your international passport.
Re: North Cyprus by benji93: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
wip7:

I have replied you above correctly. If you wish to apply for visa in Turkish embassy in Ghana, you can do that provided you have legal residence permit in Ghana. You will email or call your chosen University to send your details to Turkish embassy in Ghana.

If you want Turkish embassy in Nigeria. Kindly inform them also. Since they are not wizard/witchcraft most of them believe by default that Nigerian holding Nigeria passport lives in Nigeria by DEFAULT. But if you dont live in Nigeria, then re-set them by telling them where you want the details to be sent to.

NOTE: the details I referred to above, means copy of your acceptance letter, payment details if any, submitted docs during application...........all goes to embassy in order to attend to you.
Thank you so much Sir, you have been of great help.
Re: North Cyprus by terrywales: 9:12am On Jul 14, 2015
Mr wip. I read in the check list that flight reservation is part of the criteria needed. Does that means I have to book my flight ahead of time before appearing at the embassy. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2015
terrywales:
Mr wip. I read in the check list that flight reservation is part of the criteria needed. Does that means I have to book my flight ahead of time before appearing at the embassy. Thanks

As the name implies.."Flight reservation" ...get a ticket on tentative dates and submit alongside your application.

...and some explanation below..

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
kcbentley:
@Wip7

I can confirm to you that from today, the confirmation letters shall be released and first details will be package to Abuja from 20th July. Advise to apply during August for visa. Eastern Mediterranean University.

METU: The first batch shall be sent to embassy on 15th July and applicants can apply from 25th July. For the METU applicants, kindly pre-book your accommodation.
Re: North Cyprus by Spanishmario(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello house...
Re: North Cyprus by benji93: 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Dr WIP, thank you once again, I have contacted METU ankara International student office and they told me that i should send them the email of the related office of the Turkish Embassy in Nigeria, so they can send them my acceptance letter. So what do u have to say about this Sir?
Re: North Cyprus by Cabunice(m): 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
Please mr godson can I have your phone number?just wanna make sum enquiries thanks a lot sir. You can email me!!!
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 10:29am On Jul 15, 2015
@Wip
Good morning sir mrwip so i should be calm right? okay sir thank u sir..
Re: North Cyprus by benji93: 12:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Dr WIP , Please Is <embassy.abuja@mfa.gov.tr> the related email of the turkish embassy in Nigeria that METU ankara International Student office has to send my acceptance letter and admission notice to? Hoping to hear from you soon Sir.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
benji93:
Dr WIP , Please Is <embassy.abuja@mfa.gov.tr> the related email of the turkish embassy in Nigeria that METU ankara International Student office has to send my acceptance letter and admission notice to? Hoping to hear from you soon Sir.
visa.turkembabuja@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by zeb04(f): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
hello mr wip7 I sent my credentials through charity luba.com and I applied for a school in north Cyprus. and a lady called and promised to get to me today by 4pm.

my problem is I sent statement of result instead of my transcript and that's because my school is still slow in handing it to me. will that constitute a problem of any kind?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
benji93:
Dr WIP, thank you once again, I have contacted METU ankara International student office and they told me that i should send them the email of the related office of the Turkish Embassy in Nigeria, so they can send them my acceptance letter. So what do u have to say about this Sir?

benji93:

hmmmm I am assuming the person you spoke with is either a newbie, lost or clueless regarding your request. The university in this region dont send emails to embassy. The details sent goes via 2-3 channels right from the university to the embassy. In most cases (93%), it goes via the local authority (ministry or embassy in turkey) and they communicate directly with Turkish embassy Abuja or elsewhere. Or a double fax-system is used especially in case of METU.

One question is have you made your payment? if you have made your payment, the right person in METU will dispatch your details via the right channels to Abuja if you have earlier collected your originals from Nigeria.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
zeb04:
hello mr wip7 I sent my credentials through charity luba.com and I applied for a school in north Cyprus. and a lady called and promised to get to me today by 4pm.

my problem is I sent statement of result instead of my transcript and that's because my school is still slow in handing it to me. will that constitute a problem of any kind?

I believe charity luba is an agent or organization related to that. They will probably know exact documents or materials you required to get admitted unless they dont know their job. Since they did not tell you to submit your transcript, means what you gave them is sufficient enough for them. Should you have any issue, you can inquire directly from them. I do hope I have answered your question?
Re: North Cyprus by zeb04(f): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
wip7:

I believe charity luba is an agent or organization related to that. They will probably know exact documents or materials you required to get admitted unless they dont know their job. Since they did not tell you to submit your transcript, means what you gave them is sufficient enough for them. Should you have any issue, you can inquire directly from them. I do hope I have answered your question?
thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by Ugochux(m): 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
@godsong, thanks for your kind gesture. What if the person wnts to run Msc program, what docs shud b forwrded to ur email?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ugochux:
@godsong, thanks for your kind gesture. What if the person wnts to run Msc program, what docs shud b forwrded to ur email?

1) Bsc certificate
2) transcript
3) International passport data page
4) WAEC or NECO
5) a reference letter
6) C.V
and state the course you want to study .
Re: North Cyprus by benji93: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
wip7:

hmmmm I am assuming the person you spoke with is either a newbie, lost or clueless regarding your request. The university in this region dont send emails to embassy. The details sent goes via 2-3 channels right from the university to the embassy. In most cases (93%), it goes via the local authority (ministry or embassy in turkey) and they communicate directly with Turkish embassy Abuja or elsewhere. Or a double fax-system is used especially in case of METU.

One question is have you made your payment? if you have made your payment, the right person in METU will dispatch your details via the right channels to Abuja if you have earlier collected your originals from Nigeria.
Dr WIP, i appreciate your information, but with regards to payment, The registration guide sent to me through post specifically directs prospective students not to pay any fees until they arrive on campus, i am even surprised they sent me an admission package(Including the Official Acceptance letter on) through post without having to pay anything. The acceptance letter also does not bear any amt that i must pay, It only expresses that i have been admitted and that i should book a place in the dormitory as soon as possible(information in English and Turkish) and We are happy to welcome you to our University for the Next couple of years. I do not know if that works at METU NC.Infact application by international students to METU Ankara is free for this Academic Year, whereas I have to pay an application fee for METU NCC, unless i apply through people like you.Prior to obtaining a copy of the registration guide, i asked an academic advisor, and she told me that i cannot pay the fees until september. She told me particularly. Get your Visa and come for registration on the 14th of september. and when i checked their website there was no information concerning payment of school fees during Visa Application.The information was take your Acceptance letter and get your visa at the turkish embassy in your home country. Even the 2015/2016 Academic year tuition fees is yet to be fixed, it's a public university, so the ministerial board of turkey will decide that at a later date.I do not know if you understand my expresses, but i am telling you exactly what their guide provided and maybe The system of METU ankara, and the likes is different from the private universities in Turkey, and Schools in North Cyprus which you are particularly specialized in.And my little research also informed me that METU ankara admits very few International students, the total quota for international degree seeking students is 295. After surfing through this thread and other threads i have not found anyone that genuinely claims that he is a student of METU ankara,but if you are providing information based on the fact that you know how one METU Ankara Student applied and obtained his Visa,you should tell me. Notwithstanding i appreciate all you are doing here.Thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
benji93:

After surfing through this thread and other threads i have not found anyone that genuinely claims that he is a student of METU ankara,but if you are providing information based on the fact that you know how one METU Ankara Student applied and obtained his Visa,you should tell me. Notwithstanding i appreciate all you are doing here.Thank you

I provided the info based on how major schools in Turkey and TRNC operate. I dont scout for info online but directly from the source based on personal contacts, personal working and professional experience. We have students that transferred from TRNC to public unis in Turkey and last 2 semesters I secured admission for 4 brothers into METU Ankara.

The four brothers case: They all schooled in Turkish college in Abuja, have some basic and intermediate knowledge of Turkish language and have 1 year tourism multi-entry visas earlier and visited Turkey 2-3 times before. After admission secured, the major or public information is that student can pay tuition fees during registration however, this information may be misleading for those that needs visa to enter Turkey while many have gone this route. In order to avoid stories that touches the pile, they made payments stated clearly on the website relating to their programs, they earlier booked appointment and flew at the specified dates. They were able to convert the visas to residence permit. However, I have seen cases of those that were not able to convert while the police departments want them get student visas....district and regions differs! so plan well!

Pertaining to your case, you have the guide book with you and you have made contacts with the university officials, then kindly follow. I do wish you success in your academic pursuit!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.