Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768759 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
Gifs:

Hello bro... Thought they do cancel the reservation after 48hrs?
yes they do cancel it depends on date of travel and date of booking sometimes you have a longer date before it get canceled but the embassy does not check that . I mean the visa process takes a week and people submit their flight reservation , it would have been canceled before the visa comes out but the embassy still issues transit visa . You got no problem man .
Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 12:01am On Aug 10, 2015
@godsong, pls is there any kingdomhall in TRNC?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2015
fondy:
@godsong, pls is there any kingdomhall in TRNC?
yes there is ..it's in lefkosia..
Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2015
thanks so much. Is it really far from the location of NEU?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2015
fondy:
thanks so much. Is it really far from the location of NEU?
no , you can go with the school bus it's free, it's about 15-18mins drive
Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2015
thank u so much I appreciate
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
expertman:
@godsong,

Keep up the good work here. I am new here on this thread but some how I develped an interest in letting my young sister to study in cyprus.

She will be going for undergraduate. Please like how much is the tuition and like how much one needs to pay to school as part payment of tuition?

And how is their interview like ?

God bless you as you shed more lights to this

tuition is €1,400 per semester and you are expected to pay a semester deposit of €1,400, interviews are very easy, you wount have a problem as long as your documents are complete .
You will see the list common questions been asked on my previous post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
EMU SECOND BATCH TO TURKISH EMBASSY SENT TODAY

For those applicants that paid between 20th July to 9th August. The details have been sent to embassy today and you can also make appointment arrangement from Next week.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
SETAC AWARD: 15,000 USD for a deserving student in Europe/Africa for 1-year

I am a member of SETAC and I have benefited both in travel grants and research awards to the tune of 50,000USD so far from SETAC. I partook in several meetings and research of SETAC in Europe, America and Australia. Now, I like to also pass this information to who ever may need it and I will also be part of the annual meeting in Salt Lake, UTAH around November where the selected applicants will be awarded.....

SETAC is seeking the 2015 for nomination packets for the SETAC / Procter & Gamble Fellowship for Doctoral Research in Environmental Science. This fellowship, sponsored by the Procter & Gamble Company, will provide $15,000 (USD) for 1-year Ph.D. studies. The fellowship for 2015 will target students in Europe/Africa. The deadline for the application is 8 September 2015.

Topics for the 2015 Fellowship are listed below.
1. Methods to Determine Fate of Chemicals in Solid and Water Waste Systems.
2. Rapid Approaches to Estimate Bioaccumulation, Bioavailability or Mode of Toxicity.
3. Animal Alternative, In Vitro and In Silico Methods for Environmental Assessments.
4. New Methods to Extrapolate Laboratory Measures of Environmental Fate and Effects to the Field.
5. Use of LCA and Other Methods to Assess Sustainability of Chemicals, Products and Energy.
6. Using Environmental Science for Critical Evaluation of "Green Chemistry" and Ecolabel Schemes.
7. Use of Environmental Science and Risk Assessment in Sound Management and Regulation of Chemical

Eligibility:
Doctoral students who are SETAC members and whose research area and academic standing are consistent with the research topics may apply. Please visit SETAC/Procter & Gamble Fellowship for more instruction on the application packet and information on the award itself.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: North Cyprus by daway: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
Good evening house, I have been offered admission in CIU for masters degree. Have paid the 1k euros and now am awaiting the unconditional letter from the sch...now am a little clueless on how to go about the rest. I want to know how much one is expected to have in bank account for visa processing and other help that cn be rendered.
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
daway:
Good evening house, I have been offered admission in CIU for masters degree. Have paid the 1k euros and now am awaiting the unconditional letter from the sch...now am a little clueless on how to go about the rest. I want to know how much one is expected to have in bank account for visa processing and other help that cn be rendered.
Thanks

No fixed amount stated by the embassy......just reasonable amount that will cover more than your entire studies, living and accommodation costs. So do the maths based on that!...The entire visa processing procedure can be found on Turkish embassy website...kindly locate that and you can ask just specific question/s after you have gathered all documents and submitted the appointment request.
Re: North Cyprus by brainyemeritus: 9:15am On Aug 11, 2015
kalybaly:
Is there anyone going to Cyprus emu this fall 2015?

@kalybaly...I'm also going to emu for fall this year.
Re: North Cyprus by brainyemeritus: 9:23am On Aug 11, 2015
wip7:

[color=#990000][/color]

Have you studied this thread well, do you have the requirement? Are you financially capable to sponsor yourself till the end of your studies as jobs are quite scarce or can only feed you in case you found one. Have you studied the university website?

For me I can apply for you; however, am more interested in applicant that is financially capable, intelligently stable and academically sound to study abroad.

@MrWip...pls I'm planning to pay my tution fee for emu fall in two weeks time..will that be too late or is there a deadline for payment... I've been sent acceptance letter already ...Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:31am On Aug 11, 2015
brainyemeritus:

@MrWip...pls I'm planning to pay my tution fee for emu fall in two weeks time..will that be too late or is there a deadline for payment... I've been sent acceptance letter already ...Thanks

No is not late, you can meet up if you pay in that 2weeks time you said. Possibly your name will follow the 3rd batch to embassy. Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by brainyemeritus: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2015
wip7:

No is not late, you can meet up if you pay in that 2weeks time you said. Possibly your name will follow the 3rd batch to embassy. Best wishes!

okay that'd be cool...thanks sir
Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2015
hello Mr wip, I paid my tuition for NEU on the 10th of august, when will the school forward my name to the embassy?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:51am On Aug 11, 2015
fondy:
hello Mr wip, I paid my tuition for NEU on the 10th of august, when will the school forward my name to the embassy?

As soon as the University receive your cash. It may take 3-5 working days for wire transfer to be received. However, if you do not hear from the concerned University, kindly call or email their official address.
Re: North Cyprus by lastbono: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
North Cyprus is not a place to advertice for NIgerians please.... Its not what all these yeye agents paint it to be. Naija pls beware

expertman:
@godsong,

Keep up the good work here. I am new here on this thread but some how I develped an interest in letting my young sister to study in cyprus.

She will be going for undergraduate. Please like how much is the tuition and like how much one needs to pay to school as part payment of tuition?

And how is their interview like ?

God bless you as you shed more lights to this

Re: North Cyprus by kalybaly: 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=brainyemeritus post=36838639][/quote]

I couldn't find you on whatsapp as well. Another line was on my phone then ... Sorry. Would call you shortly.
Re: North Cyprus by terrywales: 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=daway post=36818557]Good evening house, I have been offered admission in CIU for phd degree. Have paid the 1k euros and now am awaiting the unconditional letter from the sch...now am a little clueless on how to go about the rest. I want to know how much one is expected to have in bank account for visa processing and other help that cn be rendered.
Thanks]

Well, I might also be going for my phd degree. I have been given my unconditional acceptance letter from ciu. I booked an appointment with the embassy.l was given 7th of August to appear but couldn't make it. I decided to wait for a month before I can make another appointment. Anyway what course are you going for.
Re: North Cyprus by daway: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2015
Msc Engineering, what about u? am even looking for naija peeps oh, not sure i want to share hostel with strangers [quote author=terrywales post=36859633][/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by terrywales: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Communication and media study. I will prefer off campus accommodation as it is cheaper.Also hostel would be close during long summer semester break.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 11:18am On Aug 12, 2015
fondy:
10th of August is Monday and I believe you should get your final letter of acceptance because some who paid same day with you just got theirs this afternoon , name will be sent on Friday .

Note Near East University sends names every Friday and sometimes if there are lots of applicant who paid tuition fees, they send Names to the embassy as often as twice a week with an additional day to Friday .
Re: North Cyprus by daway: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
oh cool, can i change my mind as i have applied for dormitory already? i wouldnt mind talking over the phone maybe we could stay together off campus to save costs. am an easy-going type. bbm pin- 561D7459
terrywales:
Communication and media study. I will prefer off campus accommodation as it is cheaper.Also hostel would be close during long summer semester break.
Re: North Cyprus by zhira: 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hello everyone..... Please will anyone be going to CIU for fall?.......... Please signify. Thanks

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
I know this is a North Cyprus section but is anyone here going to University of Nicosia this fall? Thanks!
Re: North Cyprus by daway: 5:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Yes, I am going for ciu fall 2015 and Terry Wales too. My bbm pin is there, kindly add up
zhira:
Hello everyone..... Please will anyone be going to CIU for fall?.......... Please signify. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.