Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770422 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Pheelarious(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
penroll55:

If you asking of north Cyprus(Turkish transit visa), it takes one week (only if it has change as of this session) ,that is assuming your visa interview is on Monday,u will get your passport/visa decision the next week Monday. It was a day before but changed to a week
Thank You Mr. Penroll55 for your answer and Good Morning. I was offered admission to EMU last year to begin studies by February this Month, me and my parents started the whole process of payments since 4th January 2016 and its been very hard because the banks my parents operate with couldn't pay the fees due to scarcity of dollars, i read about Diamond bank Form A in this thread, its been 2 weeks now since we started the whole signing of forms and the bank is still complaining that dollar hasn't arrived from CBN. Now, my Dad suggested that i should write to the school about deferment of admission till June due to the fact that it was stated on my admission letter that Proficiency of English Examination was gonna be on the 22nd of February and the Turkish Embassy advised that we should apply for visa 2-3 months before departure. Please my questions are as follows:
1. Is there any hope to still make it to cyprus this month?
2. What do you advice? because the bank process is still on and my mum is about to cancel it.
Please and Thank You.
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
penroll55:

To be sincere with you ,am not sure any school in Cyprus will give newly admitted student assistantship when you have not registered or done a semester with them.
Normally they give those their students they already know their academic background.
Just felt like responding to your post so you don't come with the mindset of u will get assistantship to cover fees and later get disappointed because many have.
Good luck and plan well so you don't come regretting.
uduokekalu:
Plus Mr wip7,i ve just been sent a letter from the embassy to proceed with the payment of 4500euro in order to release my visa to the school.pls I will love to know the cheapest flight one can use to nicosia and also how can one secure accommodation.thanks
penroll55:

To be sincere with you ,am not sure any school in Cyprus will give newly admitted student assistantship when you have not registered or done a semester with them.
Normally they give those their students they already know their academic background.
Just felt like responding to your post so you don't come with the mindset of u will get assistantship to cover fees and later get disappointed because many have.
Good luck and plan well so you don't come regretting.

please am beging u in the name of God do not allow anybody to deceive u to come and school in cyprus because life is extremely hard in cyprus no job ,they do not understand english,things in cyprus are very very boring,
people that are telling u to come will be paid by those schools, that why they will continue to deceive u to come their is no way you can hustle i will not deceive you..

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Pheelarious(m): 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thanks Mr.Penroll 55 but you are getting it all wrong. i am not looking for assistance from the school or anything like that. All i want to know is if i can go ahead with the payments and still be able to get the visa this month because i i saw on Turkish embassy website that those applying for education visas usually should apply 2-3 months before intended travel date and if at all the payments it is not possible, can i defer my admission till JUNE. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by barack32(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
my fellow nairalanders in the building, getting an appointment in turkish embassy abuja isn't hard anymore, but i want to tell you base on experience turkish embassy is now very strict base on there visa's with this New policy
Re: North Cyprus by Pheelarious(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
barack32:
my fellow nairalanders in the building, getting an appointment in turkish embassy abuja isn't hard anymore, but i want to tell you base on experience turkish embassy is now very strict base on there visa's with this New policy
Thank you, but how long does it take?
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
wip7:

Yes you must transit through Turkey even with Egypt airline if your final destination is North Cyprus for now. However, if you hold passport that allows you to travel through European countries like South Cyprus then you can fly direct to south Cyprus via emirate airline and just drive inside north Cyprus within 45min.

The situation may change as soon as both north Cyprus and south Cyprus joined.

thanks a lot, one more que sir, my sch CIU start lec. 22nd of Feb, I paid last week but I am yet to get the admission letter hopefully before week runs out i will get it, i am planning to fill d application form on the Turkish embassy dis weekend(to continue d process I started last week), I'd like to know the duration before the interview date If one should apply. thanks for your assistance .
Re: North Cyprus by Pheelarious(m): 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
hello Mr. Wip 7 could you please help me? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by barack32(m): 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pheelarious:
Thank you, but how long does it take?
just one week
Re: North Cyprus by barack32(m): 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=jidoex66 post=42583870]

thanks a lot, one more que sir, my sch CIU start lec. 22nd of Feb, I paid last week but I am yet to get the admission letter hopefully before week runs out i will get it, i am planning to fill d application form on the Turkish embassy dis weekend(to continue d process I started last week), I'd like to know the duration before the interview date If one should apply. thanks for your assistance .[/quote my advise to you is email the school or call them, and ask why there is so much delay in getting your provisional acceptance letter, booking an appointment in the turkish embassy isnt a problem, just get your required documents first before you can fill the form online
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=barack32 post=42585689][/quote]
thanks sir, I got my conditional acceptance letter already but my unconditional letter is subject to initial payment of 1000 euros which I paid last week. I will wait to get the letter before filling the form. I just want to be sure if the time frame to apply is not too short since embassy says apply st least 4 weeks before travelling dste
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pheelarious:
Thank You Mr. Penroll55 for your answer and Good Morning. I was offered admission to EMU last year to begin studies by February this Month, me and my parents started the whole process of payments since 4th January 2016 and its been very hard because the banks my parents operate with couldn't pay the fees due to scarcity of dollars, i read about Diamond bank Form A in this thread, its been 2 weeks now since we started the whole signing of forms and the bank is still complaining that dollar hasn't arrived from CBN. Now, my Dad suggested that i should write to the school about deferment of admission till June due to the fact that it was stated on my admission letter that Proficiency of English Examination was gonna be on the 22nd of February and the Turkish Embassy advised that we should apply for visa 2-3 months before departure. Please my questions are as follows:
1. Is there any hope to still make it to cyprus this month?
2. What do you advice? because the bank process is still on and my mum is about to cancel it.
Please and Thank You.
As for the English exam Nigerians are normally exempted from it as long as u have a C in your English.
As to the embassy 2-3 booking before applying is just in case of issues so u want have to miss any deadline relating to your studies or business.
As for this semester I doubt if u can still make since classes begin 22 of this month. If you chose to defer then I will advice u still try to make the payment now and request for now admissio letter so u know the stress of making the payment is settled and u sure of coming next semester.
Good luck
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pheelarious:
Thanks Mr.Penroll 55 but you are getting it all wrong. i am not looking for assistance from the school or anything like that. All i want to know is if i can go ahead with the payments and still be able to get the visa this month because i i saw on Turkish embassy website that those applying for education visas usually should apply 2-3 months before intended travel date and if at all the payments it is not possible, can i defer my admission till JUNE. Thanks
Yes you can defer your admission till June and as for the embassy 2-3 month issue is just incase of problem so u know u have enough time and won't miss out on anything.
If they suspect any of your submitted document normally it takes a month or more to very it that's why.
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
adeyemi97:
I used Ecobank and they got it within 3 working days
that's grt, diamond couldn't do mine for two weeks, I have to source my euro last Thursday elsewhr @320. have u applied at d embassy cos am also putting for my masters at CIU, I'm expecting my admission letter this week so as to apply. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 8:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
wip7:

Yes you must transit through Turkey even with Egypt airline if your final destination is North Cyprus for now. However, if you hold passport that allows you to travel through European countries like South Cyprus then you can fly direct to south Cyprus via emirate airline and just drive inside north Cyprus within 45min.

The situation may change as soon as both north Cyprus and south Cyprus joined.
Gud day mr wip,l have been following this thread 4 awhile,thanks for all the advice.
I want to apply for undergradute interior architecture(fall semester 2016) at EMU. I want to know when is the right time to start admission application?,if l will be eligible for the 50% scholarship with my waec result consisting of 6c's and 1b?
Thank you and expecting your reply
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Sagogo99:

Gud day mr wip,l have been following this thread 4 awhile,thanks for all the advice.
I want to apply for undergradute interior architecture(fall semester 2016) at EMU. I want to know when is the right time to start admission application?,if l will be eligible for the 50% scholarship with my waec result consisting of 6c's and 1b?
Thank you and expecting your reply

Hello,
Yeah you can be awarded 50% scholarship and admission for Fall semester will be opened towards end of March/beginning of April.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 12:56am On Feb 05, 2016
Hello,
Yeah you can be awarded 50% scholarship and admission for Fall semester will be opened towards end of March/beginning of April. [/quote][color=#000099][quote author=wip7 post=42627556]
Thank you 4 the info
Re: North Cyprus by Botton121: 12:54am On Feb 06, 2016
jidoex66:

you might try your luck, i have to withdrew my money from diamond bank last thursday and find EURO else where after 2 weeks of hoping to pay through form A, the desk officer lady keep telling me CBN has not responded to their bidding for my euro, seems euro is harder getting than dollar because i knew of a man we both submitted the form A and all other documents together got his fees paid the following week. my advice is to try it, it might work for you but do have plan B in other not to waste time, i paid 320k for 1000euro last week, i'm applying for my masters at CIU. All d best
also having d same issue paying my tuition to European University of Lefke with DB. I submitted my Firm A since last Thursday and uptill now my cash is still smiling in my account. I visited d bank earlier today to know whats wrong and dey told me d same story abt bidding from CBN. thinking of sourcing my dollar elsewhere but now had a 2nd taught dat dere is no even much time again since lecture will commence late dis month and I'm yet to apply online. So I'll b mailing d school for defer nxt week.
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 6:30am On Feb 06, 2016
Botton121:
also having d same issue paying my tuition to European University of Lefke with DB. I submitted my Firm A since last Thursday and uptill now my cash is still smiling in my account. I visited d bank earlier today to know whats wrong and dey told me d same story abt bidding from CBN. thinking of sourcing my dollar elsewhere but now had a 2nd taught dat dere is no even much time again since lecture will commence late dis month and I'm yet to apply online. So I'll b mailing d school for defer nxt week.
alright then, i paid and get my admission letter, thanks to my friend at CIU, i will be applying for my interview today. do anyone have idea if I can apply without health insurance and get it before interview date
Re: North Cyprus by shallomtr: 8:39am On Feb 06, 2016
Please I want to find out if the online visa application forms can be filled on Saturday, or must it be filled just weekdays,.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:05am On Feb 06, 2016
shallomtr:
Please I want to find out if the online visa application forms can be filled on Saturday, or must it be filled just weekdays,.

It can be filled any day and time....that's the beauty of it being online
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 4:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=penroll55 post=42587311]
As for the English exam Nigerians are normally exempted from it as long as u have a C in your English.
As to the embassy 2-3 booking before applying is just in case of issues so u want have to miss any deadline relating to your studies or business.
As for this semester I doubt if u can still make since classes begin 22 of this month. If you chose to defer then I will advice u still try to make the payment now and request for now admissio letter so u know the stress of making the payment is settled and u sure of coming next semester.
Good luck [/quote
good day, pls i'd like to know the current price for the student visa application fee at the tukish embassy. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=jidoex66 post=42678946][/quote]
Currently it's 11500 naira but you can check Turkish embassy website for up to date details on visa process and application fee
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
penroll55:

Currently it's 11500 naira but you can check Turkish embassy website for up to date details on visa process and application fee
thanks, I browse through but I couldn't get it. thanks for the information.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
wip7:

Hello,
Yeah you can be awarded 50% scholarship and admission for Fall semester will be opened towards end of March/beginning of April.
Happy sunday sir,thanks for the previous replies to my questions.
Sir l want to ask some more questions.
1. I read somewhere that the landlords in north cyprus have rules that allow a limited number of people in a rented space i.e in a 2 bedroom flat in NC how many students are maximumly allowed to stay in the apartment?
2.Is it possible to finish the interior architecture undergraduate program in 3yrs with summer classes??
Expecting your answer, thanks alot
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
Prospective undergraduate student's for EMU 2016 should holla at me let's get to know eachother better
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:42am On Feb 08, 2016
Sagogo99:

Happy sunday sir,thanks for the previous replies to my questions.
Sir l want to ask some more questions.
1. I read somewhere that the landlords in north cyprus have rules that allow a limited number of people in a rented space i.e in a 2 bedroom flat in NC how many students are maximumly allowed to stay in the apartment?
2.Is it possible to finish the interior architecture undergraduate program in 3yrs with summer classes??
Expecting your answer, thanks alot

Hi,
1. The rule is not fixed and depends on landlord and house type. Those apartments built like student dorm may enforce this rule of limited person per bed, while normal apartment may not care since tenants pay for a whole flat not bed.

2. Yes its possible with atleast 3 courses per summer.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
Tanks alot@Mr WIP

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Ehmbeey(m): 2:26am On Feb 09, 2016
pls guys i nid ur help here... av paid nd got my unconditional letter at CIU. can i still apply for my visa interview nw? lecture starts on 22 feb
Re: North Cyprus by shallomtr: 8:20am On Feb 09, 2016
Please I want to find out if the letter of sponsorship is to be legalized by a notary public or done thru the court or just typed in a plain paper by the sponsor
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2016
shallomtr:
Please I want to find out if the letter of sponsorship is to be legalized by a notary public or done thru the court or just typed in a plain paper by the sponsor
It should be legalize by a notary public
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:27am On Feb 09, 2016
Ehmbeey:
pls guys i nid ur help here... av paid nd got my unconditional letter at CIU. can i still apply for my visa interview nw? lecture starts on 22 feb
Before you apply make sure the school have sent your name to the embassy by contacting them so you don't go the embassy when it has not been sent .
Re: North Cyprus by Ehmbeey(m): 10:08am On Feb 09, 2016
penroll55:

Before you apply make sure the school have sent your name to the embassy by contacting them so you don't go the embassy when it has not been sent .

how do i contact them to knw if it has been sent or not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.