Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,666 members, 7,820,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770226 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Cyprus talks are getting interesting... I do hope they merge the island tho embarassed
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
gadafi101:

I got ur email correctly. Just forwarded the same mail to you again. May be check ur spam folder.

Thanks.

I replied your mail if you are the one talking about oil and gas stuff.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
Cyprus Science University offering FULL one-year Scholarships to Transfer Students.....

Interested in transferring your credits? contact me as per my address below:

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
Aperion7:
Cyprus talks are getting interesting... I do hope they merge the island tho embarassed

Yes, getting intense...for me I want my property here to skyrocket cos the joining will over skyrocket property prices...and if they refuse to join, we still love the status quo grin cool
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
wip7:

Yes, getting intense...for me I want my property here to skyrocket cos the joining will over skyrocket property prices...and if they refuse to join, we still love the status quo grin cool

shocked shocked ... If property prices begin to soar, how are people like me going to get their cheap off campus accommodation ... Oh well.. Let's just see how it turns out.. If the island is finally merged, I'll just book one before the price reaches the sky... Meanwhile... #unitecyprusnow# just released an open letter

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
Aperion7:

shocked shocked ... If property prices begin to soar, how are people like me going to get their cheap off campus accommodation ... Oh well.. Let's just see how it turns out.. If the island is finally merged, I'll just book one before the price reaches the sky... Meanwhile... #unitecyprusnow# just released an open letter

Sir if d island unite what will happen or what will b d outcome of international students in d north and d ones that want to study there..
What will b d advantage and disadvantages for students there and students that re thinking of studying there?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
tcitachi:

Sir if d island unite what will happen or what will b d outcome of international students in d north and d ones that want to study there..
What will b d advantage and disadvantages for students there and students that re thinking of studying there?

Nothing special will happen.. just that students will have more access to various embassies, traveling to and out of Cyprus will e more cheaper since there won't be a stopover at turkey again. Possibly more development due to more open space.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by America001: 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
wip7:

Some applicants would like to transfer their undergraduate credits to be enrolled into an undergraduate program so as to improve their CGPA. If you will be applying directly for a master program, then get your undergraduate transcript, certificate and international passport for the admission.
Ok sir. Thanks for explaining. My first option would be another undergraduate course. For someone that studied Biochemistry, what's the likelihood of getting a better course along the same line of biological or health sciences even if it's in CSU? I'll go for the masters when it becomes outrightly impossible that I can't have the fresh start I crave for.
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2017
wip7:

Nothing special will happen.. just that students will have more access to various embassies, traveling to and out of Cyprus will e more cheaper since there won't be a stopover at turkey again. Possibly more development due to more open space.

Ok sir but they won't b a north Cyprus anymore is dy unite and d way d north run their administration will change won't that affect some tins in terms of education bcoz d south methods re diff when it comes to education and more expensive ..
And what will happen to d university in d north ?
Thanks sir for ur response and clarity
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:50am On Jul 05, 2017
tcitachi:

Ok sir but they won't b a north Cyprus anymore is dy unite and d way d north run their administration will change won't that affect some tins in terms of education bcoz d south methods re diff when it comes to education and more expensive ..
And what will happen to d university in d north ?
Thanks sir for ur response and clarity

What they are proposing is a "bizonal bicommunal federation" meaning there will be two regions in the federation and each community will administer one region. Yes, the name changes back to the Republic of Cyprus, the northern region will then tend to follow more of European policies, rules, doctrines and format.

The north may fully adopt Euro over time as currency and currently, only a few universities charge USD most charge in euro. There are more universities in the north and fees may likely not increase for the newer universities but older ones may likely flex muscle. Accommodation and similar kinds of stuff will likely increase due to currency change in the North.

Job opportunities likely increase but immigration will likely be tightened to control mass inflow.

These are just my opinion though....may not reflect the future happenings!
Re: North Cyprus by Trippeji(m): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=wip7 post=58144446]

Mr WIP7@

I have forwarded my document to your email.

Please sir reply me.

I want to study (M.A in international Relations)...I will appreciate it more with scholarship.
Your quick response will be appreciated
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Trippeji:
Mr WIP7@
I have forwarded my document to your email.
Please sir reply me. I want to study (M.A in international Relations)...I will appreciate it more with scholarship.
Your quick response will be appreciated

Documents received and assessing the documents.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
These people cannot just wait for me to graduate before deciding they want to reunite angry angry ... If this thing works out and accommodation goes up.... I'll be sleeping at your doorstep @ wip7 grin .. Anyways.. Sir.. If this whole thing works out.. How long will it take before prices in the north shoot up? .. And considering the price will probably be the same as south cyprus.. How much is off camp accommodation in the south.. Thanks sir
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2017
Aperion7:
These people cannot just wait for me to graduate before deciding they want to reunite angry angry ... If this thing works out and accommodation goes up.... I'll be sleeping at your doorstep @ wip7 grin .. Anyways.. Sir.. If this whole thing works out.. How long will it take before prices in the north shoot up? .. And considering the price will probably be the same as south cyprus.. How much is off camp accommodation in the south.. Thanks sir

It may work out and may not. But hope for the best. Offcamp accommodation cost varies based on the city you are living, from personal research it ranges 300-650 euros per month for one unshared room.
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Aperion7:
Lol don't be scared bro there will be more job opportunities and better pay to cover costs if they unite since u re already in Cyprus u re lucky d effect may fall on people who re still in naija that want to study in north Cyprus bcoz d mode of application and visa policies will change it may be tougher to get in ...that's just my own assumption tho so anybody still thinking of going shud better go before dey unite @mr wip pls u can clarify if am wrong o its just my own assumption thanks

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:54am On Jul 07, 2017
tcitachi:

Lol don't be scared bro there will be more job opportunities and better pay to cover costs if they unite since u re already in Cyprus u re lucky d effect may fall on people who re still in naija that want to study in north Cyprus bcoz d mode of application and visa policies will change it may be tougher to get in ...that's just my own assumption tho so anybody still thinking of going shud better go before dey unite @mr wip pls u can clarify if am wrong o its just my own assumption thanks

Sure your assumption sounds well... grin
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:56am On Jul 07, 2017
Admission for Fall 2017 is ongoing, interested in applying?

Undergraduate Fees range inclusive of 50% scholarship per year

1. METU: Middle East Technical University, Cyprus Campus: 4500USD

2. CSU: Cyprus Science University: 2940euro (FULL one-year scholarship for TRANSFER STUDENTS)

3. EMU: Eastern Mediterranean University: 4500-5700usd

4. CIU: Cyprus International University: 3100-3500 euros

For admission: send me your application documents, visit the university websites and ask questions!
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2017
tcitachi:

Lol don't be scared bro there will be more job opportunities and better pay to cover costs if they unite since u re already in Cyprus u re lucky d effect may fall on people who re still in naija that want to study in north Cyprus bcoz d mode of application and visa policies will change it may be tougher to get in ...

Lol... I'm still in Nigeria bro.. I just hope everything turns out well for me as well as the Cypriots too
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
Seems the talks failed... Oh well.. So much hope... So close.... If the UNSG Antonio Guterres mentions the Cyprus problem at the G20 summit, then the greek and Turkish Cypriots along with their guarantors will have their tables full grin grin ... Lord... Bikonu.. Let this thing not interrupt my future tongue
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
Aperion7:

Lol... I'm still in Nigeria bro.. I just hope everything turns out well for me as well as the Cypriots too
Oh ok bro but u re already applying right?
Just try and run ur applications fast bcoz even tho d conference is closed without any head way there will b a lot of changes in TC some countries might begin to recognize them and other tins might follow my assumption is that with time time might really change
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
wip7:

Sure your assumption sounds well... grin

Mr wip I've a suggestion is it not better to create a watsapp group ?
Once u re active on naira land u can b added to d group
Just suggesting
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
tcitachi:

Oh ok bro but u re already applying right?
Just try and run ur applications fast bcoz even tho d conference is closed without any head way there will b a lot of changes in TC some countries might begin to recognize them and other tins might follow my assumption is that with time time might really change

You're right.. Thanks bro.. Which skul are you applying to?
Re: North Cyprus by Trippeji(m): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
Reuters
Menu
Fri Jul 7, 2017 | 6:23 AM

7h ago | 00:55
Talks to reunify Cyprus collapse

By Tom Miles | CRANS-MONTANA, SWITZERLAND
(Reuters) - Talks to reunify the divided island of Cyprus collapsed amid anger and recriminations in the early hours of Friday, marking the end of a process seen as the most promising in generations to heal decades of conflict.

"I'm very sorry to tell you that despite the very strong commitment and engagement of all the delegations and different parties ... the conference on Cyprus was closed without an agreement being reached," United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres told a news conference after a stormy last session.

The collapse marked a dramatic culmination to more than two years of a process that had been widely thought of as the best chance at reunification since the island was split between its Greek and Turkish Cypriot populations in 1974.

Guterres had flown in on Thursday to press Greek Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades and Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci to seal a deal reuniting the east Mediterranean island, while U.S. Vice President Mike Pence had phoned to urge them to "seize this historic opportunity".

Diplomatic efforts to reunite Cyprus have failed since the island was riven in a 1974 Turkish army invasion triggered by a coup by Greek Cypriots seeking union with Greece.

The week of talks in the Swiss Alps, which the United Nations said was the "the best chance" for a deal, ground to a halt as the two sides failed to overcome final obstacles.

Diplomats said Turkey had appeared to be offering little to Greek Cypriots wanting a full withdrawal of Turkish troops from the island, although the Greek Cypriots had indicated readiness to make concessions on Turkish Cypriot demands for a rotating presidency, the other key issue.

Guterres finally called a halt at 2 a.m. after a session marred by yelling and drama, a source close to the negotiations said.

NOT 'END OF ROAD'

"Unfortunately... an agreement was not possible, and the conference was closed without the possibility to bring a solution to this dramatic and long-lasting problem," Guterres said.

"That doesn't mean that other initiatives cannot be developed in order to address the Cyprus problem," he added.

Guterres declined to elaborate on what exactly had caused the collapse, but said there was still a wide gap between the two delegations on a number of questions.

Without a fallback option, it was unclear what, if any, peace process could continue. Reunification attempts have always been under the umbrella of the United Nations, which has one of its longest-serving peacekeeping forces on the island.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, who with his Greek counterpart Nikos Kotzias had been attending the peace talks at the Swiss Alpine resort of Crans-Montana for a week, spoke of different options.

"This outcome shows the impossibility of reaching a settlement within the parameters of the Good Offices Mission," Cavusoglu wrote on his twitter feed, using a term referring to the UN.

"No use in insisting on them."

Greek Cypriots, due to launch gas drilling off the island in coming weeks that Turkey opposes, pointed the finger of blame at the Turkish side.

Nicos Christodoulides, spokesman for the Greek Cypriot government, said Turkey had refused to relinquish its intervention rights on Cyprus or the presence of troops on the island.

"Tonight's development is in no way positive, but it is not the end of the road either," he said, without elaborating.

Guterres, who began his role in January by announcing a "surge of diplomacy for peace", is known for his energy and drive.

But he appeared tired and downcast as he announced the collapse of the talks to a handful of journalists at an impromptu news conference that lasted only three and a half minutes.

Diplomats say that Cyprus should be much simpler to resolve than many other situations where the United Nations hopes for peace, such as the bloody and complex wars in Syria, Yemen, Ukraine, South Sudan, Libya, or the Korean peninsula.

Yet it is a conflict which has become deeply entrenched after years of stalemate and distrust.

Success in the Cyprus talks would have given Guterres a high profile at the G20 talks in Hamburg, where he is due on Friday, and where he will meet U.S. President Donald Trump, who has promised to cut the U.S. share of U.N. funding.

(Reporting by Tom Miles; Additional reporting by Michele Kambas; Editing by Sandra Maler and Neil Fullick)

Our standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

A girl holds a placard during a demonstration in favour of a peace settlement between Greek and Turkish Cypriots on divided Cyprus, at Ledra's checkpoint of the UN-patrolled ''green line'' in Nicosia, Cyprus July 6, 2017.
REUTERS/YIANNIS KOURTOGLOU

A woman holds a placard during a demonstration in favour of a peace settlement between Greek and Turkish Cypriots on divided Cyprus, at Ledra's checkpoint of the UN-patrolled ''green line'' in Nicosia, Cyprus July 6, 2017.
REUTERS
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:42am On Jul 08, 2017
tcitachi:

Mr wip I've a suggestion is it not better to create a watsapp group ?
Once u re active on naira land u can b added to d group
Just suggesting

Sounds good but for the sake of Nairaland it will be nice for everyone to read comments from this forum rather than diverting to whatsapp.

Specifically for me, I don't do chatting and these mobile stuffs.
Re: North Cyprus by America001: 6:16am On Jul 09, 2017
Greetings Sir wip7. I've finally made a choice and sent to your email about course of choice. Please consider it and apply. Awaiting your response, thanks
Re: North Cyprus by westlee(m): 11:16am On Jul 09, 2017
anybody here that has been admitted into emu for fall semester undergraduate
Re: North Cyprus by Trippeji(m): 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
I need a clarification on this health insurance.
Do I need to buy health insurance through the school or buy from Nigeria to sustain my journey but later buy 1year worth for health insurance for residence permit in Turkey. Please I need your help
Re: North Cyprus by josafunmi: 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good Afternoon everyone.
i am interested in going for my M.sc in Cyprus.
i have been reading posts on this thread, please i will like to seek for advice. Is it possible for me to start my admission process and still meet up with September intake?
Re: North Cyprus by Dream2(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
wip7:

Sounds good but for the sake of Nairaland it will be nice for everyone to read comments from this forum rather than diverting to whatsapp.

Specifically for me, I don't do chatting and these mobile stuffs.
A big thank you for this beautiful response sir.
I have being on this thread for like 2years and believe me,It's an eye opener for me.
Re: North Cyprus by josafunmi: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good evening everyone.
I'm really considering going for my M.sc in Cyprus.
please what are the chances of getting a job and working in Cyprus after completion of studies.
please advice me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.