Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

"Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu (31837 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu Appears In Court For The Continuation Of His Trial(photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me A Reason To Say This: / Emir Sunusi Apologizes To Ganduje - 5 Northern Governors Beg On His Behalf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by josephni12: 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
Former Abia state governor, Orji Uzor Kalu, on Friday met the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, in an effort to broker a political solution to his trial for alleged treason.

Mr. Kanu was arrested by the operatives of the State Security Service on October 14 and was charged alongside three others, David Nwawuisi, Benjamin Madubugwu and Chidiebere Onwudiwe, with treasonable felony.

After the meeting, Mr. Kalu, who defected recently to the ruling All Progressives Congress, told journalists in Abuja that the detainees had given him the “go-ahead to talk on their behalf” with the Federal Government.
The former governor was optimistic that supporters of Mr. Kanu would now be more cooperative with the authorities, following his discussion with their leader.
He said the discussion will form the basis for an interface between the Federal Government and Mr. Kanu.
He added that the planned talk would have the view to end Mr. Kanu’s trial.
“I came to talk to him to talk to his supporters. I think they will have a change of attitude. We are all Nigerians. If both himself and the Federal Government are genuinely interested, we can come to a common ground. It is a possibility,” said Mr. Kanu.
On the decision of the Federal High Court hearing the case against Mr. Kanu and his colleagues to grant partial protection to prosecution witnesses, Mr. Kalu said the practice has long existed.
“The protection of witnesses is nothing new in law. We can do that but it may not get to that stage; if we talk to each other well. It is possible to settle out of court if both parties are realistic.

“Now he has given me the go-ahead to talk on his behalf. And if I can speak on his behalf, then the process will begin; and if things go as they ought to, we might not get to the stage of having to require protection of witnesses.

“If he trusts me and the Federal Government trusts me, I don’t see how this will not work. I know the government well. I am a member of the ruling party. So I can use my position well,” Mr. Kalu said.

The former governor explained that his visit was in line with the United Nations’ charter on human rights and in furtherance of his duty to the state he once governed.
“My visit to Kanu is in compliance with the United Nation’s charter that, anyone who is in prison should frequently be visited.

“I decided to come and visit him as a younger brother and as a former governor of Abia State; once you become a governor, you have a duty to always protect your people.

Mr. Kanu and the three other members of IPOB are being tried at the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court.

The court had on December 17, 2015 ordered the SSS to release Mr. Kanu unconditionally. But that ruling, delivered by Justice Adeniyi Ademola who is being accused of fraud and is currently being prosecuted, was upturned by another judge, John Tsoho, in January.
Shortly after the ruling refusing him bail, Mr. Kanu declared no confidence in Mr. Tsoho’s impartiality, forcing the judge to withdraw from the matter.

Subsequently, the case was transferred to another judge, Binta Nyako. Mrs. Nyako also refused the same bail application for the defendant on December 1.
In recent weeks, Mr. Kanu’s court appearance had been occasioned by commotion caused by his supporters at the court premises.

During the last sitting on December 13, Mr. Kanu’s supporters clashed with prison officials after he made some remarks against President Muhammadu Buhari.
Mr. Kanu hails from Isiam Afara Local Government Area of Abia state.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/218227-biafra-orji-kalu-meets-nnamdi-kanu-hold-talks-nigerian-govt.html

1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by BlackDBagba: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2016

2 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by BlueLORD: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
josephni12:

“I am a member of the ruling party. So I can use my position well,” Mr. Kalu said.

It's clear now why you abandoned the party you formed. Lest I forget, there was a court sitting to try your corruption case a few days back. Stupid politicians, evil APC

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
Tooh...i don hear....in oda news adon make FTC again

2 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by Everblazinggg(f): 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
Kanu the lair...believe this at your own risk.

If you believe orji Kanu press like, if no press share

7 Likes 106 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by baybeeboi: 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
Orji Uzor Kalu, the greatest Igbo man ever.
Greater than Ojukwu and Azikiwe combined
The Entire Igbo race wishes you could be the Governor of the new Eastern States.
Myself and all Ipob youth are solidly behind you sir, keep up the good work

Chukwu-Okike Abiama will reward you endlessly Sir.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by ificatchmodeh: 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
Orji kalu's version..

We for like hear NNAMDI kanu's version...

So we can confirm..don't trust this desperate politicians. grin

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by mazimee(m): 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
agbangam:
Make Nnamdi calm down, only him dey Kuje while others are enjoying their sleep in their respective homes. He won't win d battle cos d igbos are not United, infact dey are so selfish dat dey easily compromise or betray themselves... His rant will only fetch him Xtra time in Kuje. Ojukwu/Uwazurike/Asari did more than he is doing but they all mellow down as soon as dem collect their own cake. Mr Nnamdi be a guy man, be a correct Nwa Aba, collect ur share n move on or else u go just die for Kuje n heaven won't fall. After 1wk protest, army go just flog/shoot ur pple n u will become history. Be wise Oga

This sounds more like the biblical potiphar 's wife trying to lure Joseph to her unclean bed with promises like what you wrote up there. If Joseph had accepted her offer, believe me there is no way he would have gone to the prison through which he went to the palace . He would only Bleep her, get gifts and some level of favour but was never going to get to the palace.

Kanu knows better, those you mentioned up there have finished their race where their energy and endurance could take them . Kanu will rather die, (which is never going to happen in the first place) than compromise.
Go and tell your co travellers that this is the reality.

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by casttlebarbz(m): 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
i don hear u
Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by APCHaram: 11:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
Kanu should be wary of this snake.

He was sent to set you up to plead guilty on a lesser charge in the hope of getting you released on Time spent.

10 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by APCHaram: 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2016
Buhari knows his game is up and his jihad is DOA.

Just yesterday, the British govt was calling for arrest and prosecution of army officers and personnel involved in the Shia massacre. That should tell you that with Obama on his way out, Buhari's impunity ends.

Come January 20th, Buhari must release you or risk the Trump kicking him out.

Buhari remains a coward

57 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
baybeeboi:
[s]Orji Uzor Kalu, the greatest Igbo man ever.
The Entire Igbo race wishes you could be the Governor of the new Eastern States.

[/s]

Afonja...SMH

143 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by drss2(m): 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
if buari's daura govt think dat they can persuade Nnamdi Kanu to abandon his quest den they ar decieving demselves.
nonsence.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by drss2(m): 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
baybeeboi:
Orji Uzor Kalu, the greatest Igbo man ever.

anoda pretender.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by tchimatic(m): 12:27am On Dec 17, 2016
Orji Uzor Kalu is a liar.........he is jst looking for cheap popularity

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu: we r still with u to death!!!!!!!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 17, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu i know would never compromise, take it or leave it.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by eye4eye: 12:50am On Dec 17, 2016
cheesy cheesy

Dem go break Kanu down with incarceration. just wait and see how he negotiates his release cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by LoveDecay(m): 12:50am On Dec 17, 2016
APCHaram:
Buhari knows his game is up and his jihad is DOA.

Just yesterday, the British govt was calling for arrest and prosecution of army officers and personnel involved in the Shia massacre. That should tell you that with Obama on his way out, Buhari's impunity ends.

Come January 20th, Buhari must release you or risk the Trump kicking him out.

Buhari remains a coward

Buhari coward, how many Nigerian president's have exchanged words with a British prime minister.

Your group is not ashamed that a british citizen is telling you what to do. What does Kanu know about Nigeria. The east is far worse in been controlled by flimsy theories than the north is. We can see the north has begun to fight against bad leaders and exposing them for their evil deeds can the effing easterners do the same. In the east you can commit all sorts of evil as long as your against Islam , Buhari or Nigeria.

But we are here to tell you, we will be glad to give you biafra but you all must leave nigeria.... i am glad buhari is already flaunting ecowas agreement showing nigeria's might in regional politics. After we send you all packing we will build a wall like your father donald trumps want to do to the mexicans... grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by Aufbauh(m): 1:14am On Dec 17, 2016
In the end the ultimate losers in this whole game are the Ipob miscreants that are ignorant of Kanu's bargain.

4 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by kettle84(m): 2:24am On Dec 17, 2016
agbangam:
Make Nnamdi calm down, only him dey Kuje while others are enjoying their sleep in their respective homes. He won't win d battle cos d igbos are not United, infact dey are so selfish dat dey easily compromise or betray themselves... His rant will only fetch him Xtra time in Kuje. Ojukwu/Uwazurike/Asari did more than he is doing but they all mellow down as soon as dem collect their own cake. Mr Nnamdi be a guy man, be a correct Nwa Aba, collect ur share n move on or else u go just die for Kuje n heaven won't fall. After 1wk protest, army go just flog/shoot ur pple n u will become history. Be wise Oga
this post is a perfect reflection of cowardice.

23 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by kettykin: 3:40am On Dec 17, 2016
agbangam:

This old propaganda about igbos not being united is an expired strategy by outsiders to further divide igbos. Is there any group or tribe that is more united than igbos, even the much vaunted unity of the south west has collapsed without much stresses, jimoh Ibrahim has betrayed his pdp compatriots , while tinubu has been betrayed by fashola and osibade, bode George is no longer in synch with his god father obasanjo.

In the north the story is thesame

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 17, 2016
Orji, how
Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by ThinkSmarter: 4:08am On Dec 17, 2016
watching in 3D, I knew that Buhari will soon gv up like he did with Sarakis case, He z just in dilemma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by abu12: 5:46am On Dec 17, 2016
"if he trusts me and the Federal Government trusts me, I don’t see how this will not
work. I know the government well. I am a member of the ruling party. So I can use
my position well,” Mr. Kalu said"

truly ibo people are chest beaters, when did kalu become Buhari associates or even joins apc, that he is boasting of trusts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by Kamanuozuzu: 5:59am On Dec 17, 2016
eye4eye:
cheesy cheesy

Dem go break Kanu down with incarceration. just wait and see how he negotiates his release cheesy

U'll be disappointed.

10 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu by danot1030: 6:10am On Dec 17, 2016
op your caption is misleading, i read through the post and did not see anywhere Kalu stated that he was sent to meet with the Igbo dilector.

For Kanu to be sending Kalu to beg the FG for out of the court settlement confirms that an average Igbo man is nothing but a chest beater that eat back his words immediately he turns away.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Those Who Joined Akpabio To Defect To APC / Lagos State Unveils Fish Statue In Epe (Photos) / Obaseki: “If They Want Violence, We Will Give Them Violence”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.