Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30326 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your preference of creation story -allegorical or literal- is not a prerequisite for eternal life , salvation is . Christianity does not lay any emphasis on how the creation story should be seen . Its a personal choice .

Precisely!
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

Man is supposedly created in god's image... So I agree god is not a human but humans are like god

I have explained to you before what it means to be created in God's image . I'm not sure why the argument is being rehashed .
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Here we go again with this fallacy of hasty generalization...

History of cavemen? Documented by who? Cavemen?

were you there when they were teaching themselves?

I have asked you before if you know what a HYPOTHESIS is?

Is the history of man or marriage a HYPOTHESIS or not? Give me an answer.

Where you there when a fish swallowed Johah? But you believe it happened abi? I can also play your games so don't even go there.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I have explained to you before what it means to be created in God's image . I'm not sure why the argument is being rehashed .

comprehension issues!

Let me go get diesel for my gen. I dey come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My preference is not necessary and my reticence does not affect my argument in anyway .
It does... If the creation story is an allegory, the whole bible comes under question. Why can't the resurrection be an allegory?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Where you there when a fish swallowed Johah? But you believe it happened abi? I can also play your games so don't even go there.

What you just did is called circular reasoning. You made a claim and your claim was challenged and then you threw a red herring mixed with circular reasoning.

I can see how logical you are indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

At least its recorded history.

Show us your own recorded history of how men taught themselves how to marry.

Show us the recorded history of how man invented God.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your preference of creation story -allegorical or literal- is not a prerequisite for eternal life , salvation is . Christianity does not lay any emphasis on how the creation story should be seen . Its a personal choice .

But some YEC have tied salvation to the belief in a young earth. My question still stands. Why does the creation story appear in the bible if it is of no use.

What is the position of the bible on creation? Is the creation story an allegory or not. What is the true position of the bible. Jesus crucifixion isn't an allegory accor ding to all christians that I know. What about the creation story? What is the Bible's true osition on that?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

What he should have asked himself is if there is no whale as big as the bible described that swallowed Jonah.

2. Do whales chew or do they simply swallow.

Those 2 questions speak for themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

What he should have asked himself is if there is no whale as big as the bible described that swallowed Jonah.

The guy has messed up on this thread today.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Recorded history or recorded mythology. After all if we are to go by your recorded history brouhaha then we can also say that Mohammed divided the moon into two halves and people in other parts of the world saw it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your explanation falls short in many ways... Different parts in the bible point to a god with a human figure, you being uncomfortable with that doesn't change what the bible actually says
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Pastafarian: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
if you take just one of the stories in the bible as an allegory everything crumbles
That's why MrPresident1 is the way he is

in my experience discussing with Christians, they simply put a story as allegory or literary based on whims

I even challenged one Mr President and he kept saying "understanding" is a gift that not everyone was given, I then told him to talk to the holy spirit so that he can reveal the allegorical and literal parts to him, he then kept talking of "levels" saying not all Christians are on the same level

I then killed him and buried him by asking if he means he's levels above kingebuka or levels below him; he then copped out by saying I should keep living till god judges me

could the final judgement and hell fire be an "allegory"?

see how empty they are, they just make up stuff as they go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

Your explanation falls short in many ways... Different parts in the bible point to a god with a human figure, you being uncomfortable with that doesn't change what the bible actually says

Its called a Theophany .
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Recorded history or recorded mythology. After all if we are to go by your recorded history brouhaha then we can also say that Mohammed divided the moon into two halves and people in other parts of the world saw it.

Another red herring. Guy you need to become their ambassador.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

U have already dodged the question on koran before.
So stop talking about Mohammed.
The Bible predates the koran by far.

So provide your history for ur claims.

U dont have any recorded history.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

The bible does not say whale. The bible says fish. Even if it is a whale. You'll have to tell me.if you were there when he survived inside the whale for 3 days and explain to me how a person can survive inside a whale for 3 days. We will take you to the ocean, allow a whale to swallow yu and see if you will survive for 3 days.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its called a Theophany .
Do u have any biblical authority to show that God does not have a human physical figure
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
Pastafarian:

I then killed him and buried him by asking if he means he's levels above kingebuka or levels below him; he then copped out by saying I should keep living till god judges me

A controversial atheist once said " The great thing about fighting an invisible enemy is that you can declare victory anytime you wish"

Anyway , the bible exhorts Christians to avoid anything that can cause dissension or division among us . He is an intelligent man not to respond to you . It was a needless argument .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

U have already dodged the question on koran before.
So stop talking about Mohammed.
The Bible predates the koran by far.

So provide your history for ur claims.

U dont have any recorded history.

I didnt dodge any question on the Koran. You were the one that dropped it. So what if the bible predates the Koran. The Koran and the hadiths are also recorded history . And in them Mohammed divided the moon inot two. You have mythology and you are here talking about recorded history.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

The bible does not say whale. The bible says fish. Even if it is a whale. You'll have to tell me.if you were there when he survived inside the whale for 3 days and explain to me how a person can survive inside a whale for 3 days. We will take you to the ocean, allow a whale to swallow yu and see if you will survive for 3 days.

The Jonah story is a confirmed allegory . Christ used it himself in the bible
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

I didnt dodge any question on the Koran. You were the one that dropped it. So what if the bible predates the Koran. The Koran and the hadiths are also recorded history . And in them Mohammed divided the moon inot two. You have mythology and you are here talking about recorded history.

U dodged men.
U could only say "we are told".
That was a mess up.
Besides the koran affirms the gospel of Jesus.
U couldnt tell me back what affirmed the koran.

Besides we are still waiting for your evidences of how man invented God and taught themselves marriage.

Time has run out.
We are tired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

But some YEC have tied salvation to the belief in a young earth. My question still stands. Why does the creation story appear in the bible if it is of no use.

I am not a Young earth creationist and I believe in salvation . The creation story attributes creation to God and explains man's purpose on earth.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:
Have you seen an atheist proof that indeed God does not exist?
What I see is arguing against the believe of others not for there own bold assertions.

Arguments goes like, "if you believe God exist then produce the God let's see", or "if there is God, why did he allow this to happen or why didn't he make that to happen" as if the existence of God means that man is no longer responsible for anything.

Can any atheist please pause for a moment from asking people who share other believes to give the evidence he or she is not ready to accept, stop using anecdotes like "I was like you before but I have graduated" and actually bring forward the SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that has proven beyond all doubts how every possible realm of existence have been discovered and searched out or at least how just this universe of ours have been completely explored (not suggesting this is sure proof) and God was not found.

Does the OP even know the meaning of "Burden of Proof"
It means that the person making the claim should prove it. Theists are the one's that claim that there God(s) exist, atheist accept that there is no evidence for any God and hence we don't believe in it.
The burden of proof lies on the one that makes the subject of the argument.
There is no proof that there is a fat guy on Mars watching family guy, does this mean this fat guy could actually be there.
There is no proof that Zeus or Odin or Thor don't exist, but I doubt you could believe in them.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

U dodged men.
U could only say "we are told".
That was a mess up.
Besides the koran affirms the gospel of Jesus.
U couldnt tell me back what affirmed the koran.

Besides we are still waiting for your evidences of how man invented God and taught themselves marriage.

Time has run out.
We are tired.

The Koran does not affirm the Gospel of Jesus. According to the Koran Jesus is not the son of God. He was not crucified and he isn't coming back to judge anybody. He is only coming back to kill pigs and kill the Dajal.

The existence of many Gods and the pattern all shows that God/s are man made ideas. What was the name of the God your ancestors were worshipping 3000 years ago? Do you even know it's name? What about the name of the God the Hindus are worshipping today? Is there God real or not? Over a billion people believe in the Hindu God Brahma. Did they invent bit or is it real just like yours?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

comprehension issues!

Let me go get diesel for my gen. I dey come

No wahala bro , Na Man Utd things na wink . We dey 16 points clear cool
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I am not a Young earth creationist and I believe in salvation . The creation story attributes creation to God and explains man's purpose on earth.

Young earth creationist insist that the creation accounts are literal and true . Are they right or wrong?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lying as always. The creation story does more than just attribute creation to God, it basically told us how he did it (except of course you believe the bible got that part wrong?) Which is wrong based on scientific knowledge.
Two people cannot be responsible for the diversity on earth, it is biological impossible.
You say you're not a young earth creationist, which means you must believe that the bible is not correct on the aspect of creation.
The earth must be young for the creation story to be real. They are not compatible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
Lennycool:

Does the OP even know the meaning of "Burden of Proof"
It means that the person making the claim should prove it. Theists are the one's that claim that there God(s) exist, atheist accept that there is no evidence for any God and hence we don't believe in it.
The burden of proof lies on the one that makes the subject of the argument.
There is no proof that there is a fat guy on Mars watching family guy, does this mean this fat guy could actually be there.
There is no proof that Zeus or Odin or Thor don't exist, but I doubt you could believe in them.
Thank you very much... What I've been saying since morning... They can't refute this so they just try to digress

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Young earth creationist insist that the creation accounts are literal and true . Are they right or wrong?

It is not important . We have digressed enough , please let's talk about the OP
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
Lennycool:

Lying as always. The creation story does more than just attribute creation to God, it basically told us how he did it (except of course you believe the bible got that part wrong?) Which is wrong based on scientific knowledge.
Two people cannot be responsible for the diversity on earth, it is biological impossible.
You say you're not a young earth creationist, which means you must believe that the bible is not correct on the aspect of creation.
The earth must be young for the creation story to be real. They are not compatible.

Mister , I don't have time for this shallow thinking . We have digressed , let's revert to the OP
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

Thank you very much... What I've been saying since morning... They can't refute this so they just try to digress
They're just recycling the same old arguments that have no ground.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Benin Republic Preacher Declares Herself 'Perfect’ & ‘God’s Holy Spirit’ / Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.