Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30206 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

If you are not one then stop butting into threads that do ot comply with your worldview because obviously for such a thread as this to exist there are atheists who do not share your opinion
Hello, this is nairaland.

Now, if you guys aren't bullshitting, why do you expect a person who has no belief in the existence of something to provide a proof for his claim.

The op is a lame attempt to push the burden on all of your fellow faithfuls to present proofs for something you dedicate your time, energy and sweat worshiping.

Common, you guys are being ridiculous.

It's a shame though.

You guys should really stop further embarrassment and show some respect to human intellect.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

Now, if you guys aren't bullshitting, why do you expect a person who has no belief in the existence of something to provide a proof for his claim.

The op is a lame attempt to push the burden on all of your fellow faithfuls to present proofs for something you dedicate your time, energy and sweat worshiping.

It's a shame though.

You guys should really stop further embarrassment and show some respect to human intellect.

Which intellect, the one that says your life has no meaning?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

So if i accuse you of murder and a witness comes and says you were not involved would he not be asked to state his reasons for trying to declare you innocent?
No. .. The prosecution would have to prove the merits and elements of the crime you accused of... The burden of proof is entirely on the prosecution.... If the prosecution has concluded his case, the defense can enter a no-case submission and if that his rejected then he can raise any of the AFFIRMATIVE defenses like alibi, intoxication, insanity e.t.c. it's called presumption of innocence and it was established in the case of Woolmington vs DPP
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Which intellect, the one that says your life has no meaning?
Is that what bothers you?

Common, grow up!
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

It's a shame though.

If you had any intellect then you would not make any claim if you have not travelled back in time and int the future to see all and know all and spoken with all yet stand so cocksure that what you claim is what it is and should be declared in every ones face and not expect to be asked to show one how you arrived at this alleged fact.

Can you accuse me of murder and not be able to provide evidence? Can you say my mathematical calculation is wrong without showing me the right one? Will you just walk up to a teacher and say hey sir you are explaining it wrong and not expect the teacher to ask you for the right explanation? Will you just say it and walk away refusing to answer any question?

You need to go back and find out what intellect means. Intellect is meant to be proven. Its practical.... so how have you shown yours is practical?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Is that what bothers you?

Common, grow up!

It bothers me, because God gave your life meaning.
Then all of a sudden, you said life has no meaning.

And you call it intellect??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

No. .. The prosecution would have to prove the merits and elements of the crime you accused of... The burden of proof is entirely on the prosecution.... If the prosecution has concluded his case, the defense can enter a no-case submission and if that his rejected then he can raise any of the AFFIRMATIVE defenses like alibi, intoxication, insanity e.t.c. it's called presumption of innocence and it was established in the case of Woolmington vs DPP

Wrong! In this case you are the prosecution. That is what this thread is about. You say God does not exist so the defendant says you should show us how you arrived at this conclusion. What part of the OP did you not understand?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by LiberaDeus: 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

It's a shame though.

Dont mind the retarded people.

Just like i look at a field and i dont see anything and you look at the same field and you see a garden, baseball court and a house.

Please who should do the describing in this case ? is it not the person that claims he sees everything. That person should point where all the objects he sees are not the person that is allegedly blind to it.

The people go to church every weekend and midweek, they pay their tithes, they pray, prophesy, speak in tongues and they expect atheists to do the describing for them.

They are now telling atheists to prove that there is no god in the universe while thy cant present their god to anyone unless the person agrees to believe before they prove it. What a stupid copout.

Instead of them to use this opportunity to present evidence for their god and prove once and for all to all ears that their delusion is real.
For once let them act like elijah and the prophets of baal.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

If you had any intellect then you would not make any claim if you have not travelled back in time and int the future to see all and know all and spoken with all yet stand so cocksure that what you claim is what it is and should be declared in every ones face and not expect to be asked to show one how you arrived at this alleged fact.

Can you accuse me of murder and not be able to provide evidence? Can you say my mathematical calculation is wrong without showing me the right one? Will you just walk up to a teacher and say hey sir you are explaining it wrong and not expect the teacher to ask you for the right explanation? Will you just say it and walk away refusing to answer any question?

You need to go back and find out what intellect means. Intellect is meant to be proven. Its practical.... so how have you shown yours is practical?
So much frustration...

I'll recommend you read your post over again, then reassess your position.

Assume all the above questions were directed at you concerning your life-dedication to a religion you aren't sure of.

Can you answer them?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Just like i look at a field and i dont see anything and you look at the same field and you see a garden, baseball court and a house.

Please who should do the describing in this case ? is it not the person that claims he sees everything. That person should point where all the objects he sees are not the person that is allegedly blind to it.

The people go to church every weekend and midweek, they pay their tithes, they pray, prophesy, speak in tongues and they expect atheists to do the describing for them.

They are now telling atheists to prove that there is no god in the universe while thy cant present their god to anyone unless the person agrees to believe before they prove it. What a stupid copout.

Instead of them to use this opportunity to present evidence for their god and prove once and for all to all ears that their delusion is real.

Like which evidence, in what format?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
So much frustration...

I'll recommend you read your post over again, then reassess your position.

Assume all the above questions were directed at you concerning your life-dedication to a religion you aren't sure of.

Can you answer them?

Is the OP an assumption? The OP was specific! The question was not directed to me so stop being silly.

FYI i am 200% sure of my walk with God. I am not into a "RELIGION" i am into a RELATIONSHIP with God...something you dunderheads cannot seem to understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
LiberaDeus:

So much stupid in one post

If yu say atheists are blind should their focus not be for them to see so they can know what the theists know rather than for them to say in their blindness that God does not exist?

Can a blind man be drinking water and still declare that water is nonexistent because he has not seen it? Can a fish be in water and claim land dry land does not exist because it has not walked on it or even seen it?

Life is all about personal experiences. If an atheist needs proof then they should submit THEMSELVES for a personal experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Like which evidence, in what format?
In a reasonable format, a logical format, an evidential format, and convincingly.

Please try.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
Interesting. A man was sentenced to life imprisonment for repeated crimes committed. While in jail he finally looked up to the God He was taught about in Sunday school that he didn't know personally and said,"If you are real please get me out of this and I will serve you the rest of my life."
To his surprise, his life sentence was reduced to 3years.

He wasn't sure God is real but he was willing to try.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by LiberaDeus: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

So much stupid in one post

Christian warrior, when are you starting your ministry?

I know you are such a wonderful miracle worker, the next thing would be for you to open a church.

You exhibit the worst qualities in a supposed christian. You dont even hide your behavior at all. Well i know that in religion, any and everything can be justified.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by jonbellion(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:
LiberaDeus, jonbellion if you are agnostic and you are here, you created the confusion because the title is clear.

Nevertheless if you have a claim that it is not possible to know whether or not God exist, you may want to provide the same Scientific proof of how you arrived at that believe. It's the same as you've asked theists.

I have previously stated that lack of capacity to know on your part doesn't equal impossibility. And you cannot call other people's personal experiences as false because you don't believe it. You don't believe it is different from it is not true or it is not reliable.
Lol
It's actually not possible to know
The existance of DNA is extremely fascinating
It is like a code
DNA is the only reason I'm agnostic
I'm a programmer. I write code so its something I can relate to
You see a computer is a very stupid machine
You have to give it every single instruction in the most detailed way otherwise your program wont function it can be very frustrating
And you can really relate it to DNA
but the problem is the Abrahamic God is an idiot
He didn't have the slightest clue of anything
He doesn't even have the patience to be a programmer from the bible
I like to assume that the creator of the universe is a scientist something that is far above the Abrahamic Gods capacity
Lol
So I just say we don't know
But it's good to acknowledge God
That's why I admire diesm
I believe that if everybody was diestic we would have a more utopian society
But the Gods of organised religion have caused more harm than good
The problem with personal experience anecdotes) is that because anecdotes only ever apply to individuals or individual experiences and are subject to the biases that this brings with it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

In a reasonable format, a logical format, an evidential format, and convincingly.

Please try.

By format, i mean written, audio, or video, etc?

"Logical" "evidential" are not types of format.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Wrong! In this case you are the prosecution. That is what this thread is about. You say God does not exist so the defendant says you should show us how you arrived at this conclusion. What part of the OP did you not understand?
Is this a joke?? How are the people who DENY the prosecution... Is it not the prosecution who say He is guilty? That's equivalent to God exists... The defense claims he is NOT guilty, the atheists claim God does NOT exists!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Is the OP an assumption? The OP was specific! The question was not directed to me so stop being silly.

FYI i am 200% sure of my walk with God. I am not into a "RELIGION" i am into a RELATIONSHIP with God...something you dunderheads cannot seem to understand.
I love your enthusiasm when you talk about God.

Which of the Gods are you talking about?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
I NOTICE PEOPLE ARE BEGINNING TO RESORT TO PERSONAL ATTACKS AND NAME CALLINGS. PLEASE LET'S STOP THAT AND FOCUS ON THE ISSUE.

ALSO, IF YOU ARE GOING TO START DEMANDING EVIDENCE FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S FAITH IN GOD AS AN ATHEIST OR AGNOSTIC KINDLY EXIT THIS THREAD. IT WAS OPENED THE EXAMINE YOU CLAIMS NOT OTHERS' CLAIMS.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

That God, whose Nairaland threads always attracts you.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

By format, i mean written, audio, or video, etc?

"Logical" "evidential" are not types of format.
ooooooh...

Pictures, videos with clear audio sounds will do.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Christian warrior, when are you starting your ministry?

I know you are such a wonderful miracle worker, the next thing would be for you to open a church.

You exhibit the worst qualities in a supposed christian. You dont even hide your behavior at all. Well i know that in religion, any and everything can be justified.

Did you say hide? Hide like you atheists are doing here n NL? I am no hypocrite. Jesus was not a hypocrite either. Do wrong and get bashed simple. I can love you tomorrow but in that moment you will get bashed.

My ministry is doing great as its been running for a few years now so its not a dream. God is not all about miracles as miracles are not life. His word is life.

If you so much desire miracles then submit YOURSELF for one.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

That God, whose Nairaland threads always attracts you.
shocked

What is his moniker?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

Is this a joke?? How are the people who DENY the prosecution... Is it not the prosecution who say He is guilty? That's equivalent to God exists... The defense claims he is NOT guilty, the atheists claim God does NOT exists!!

Did you read the OP with understanding or you just want to argue blindly as you love doing?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:
I NOTICE PEOPLE ARE BEGINNING TO RESORT TO PERSONAL ATTACKS AND NAME CALLINGS. PLEASE LET'S STOP THAT AND FOCUS ON THE ISSUE.

ALSO, IF YOU ARE GOING TO START DEMANDING EVIDENCE FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S FAITH IN GOD AS AN ATHEIST OR AGNOSTIC KINDLY EXIT THIS THREAD. IT WAS OPENED THE EXAMINE YOU CLAIMS NOT OTHERS' CLAIMS.

They seem not to get that part and would rather derail than provide
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
ooooooh...

Pictures, videos with clear audio sounds will do.

Ok,
Here is God performing a miracle after a prayer.

Watch the video in the thread
Enjoy. cool

https://www.nairaland.com/3520363/miraculous-video-power-prayer-name
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:
[/b]

Did you say hide? Hide like you atheists are doing here n NL? I am no hypocrite. Jesus was not a hypocrite either. Do wrong and get bashed simple. I can love you tomorrow but in that moment you will get bashed.

My ministry is doing great as its been running for a few years now so its not a dream. God is not all about miracles as miracles are not life. His word is life.

If you so much desire miracles then submit YOURSELF for one.
You have a ministry?? Hahaha!!...
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by jonbellion(m): 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
Man KingEbukasBlog costa just dey surprise me this season grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

Sorry.

Your post was a pathetic one. We are actually doing you a favour.

Check all my comments, no name calling.

Your supporters are the ones doing the name calling.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

Do you have any evidence to provide to back up your claim or not? If you do not then my convo with you ends now. Thank you
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by jonbellion(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

You have a ministry?? Hahaha!!...
he also has kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / The Experience Lagos 2017 "Jesus Our King" (Live Thread) / Which Gospel Music Moves You So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.