Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30216 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

How many times would u be told... U don't prove negative, u disprove positive and for you to disprove something, there must have been an initial attempt at proving that positive

I have a reason why i have chosen to ignore your comments. Keep it that way
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
6 pages and atheists can't disprove the existence of God
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
I was hoping I could get a brilliant presentation of data and inter-universal exploration result and an intellectually sound, logically accurate proof from just one atheist today.

So disappointed that all I have is an evidence that the title for the thread holds true. angry angry

Anyways, thank you all for your contributions.

[size=24pt] Thread
Closed
[/size]
cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

So if i say this is God's book.
It means God owns the book

It must be God who wrote it with his hands?

Hmmmm
No
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dalaman if you are waiting for me to help you shape your mind and your opinion does that not show how much illogicality flows in you? Am i the one who told you to have your bath and eat food today? Am i the one who told you when to go to bed last night? Can you not show me how your "logical" mind works by showing me tangible irrefutable empirical proof to your THERE IS NO GOD position?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
It means God owns the bookNo tongue

Then why were u insisting on moniker?

Well, i can see that the quality of this line of discussion has dropped significantly.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by jonbellion(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
Lol this isn't really my thread cool
I never claimed God does not exist cool
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

I have a reason why i have chosen to ignore your comments. Keep it that way
I know... The reason is obvious, your demand for proof is less valid in the light of my comments, so...
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Doesnt change the fact that u just translated my statement into a fallacy.

Which fallacy? Where is it. What methods did God use in communicating with humans? Which one did your God use that other Gods haven't used? How do we know which is right and which is wrong?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Which fallacy? Where is it. What methods did God use in communicating with humans? Which one did your God use that other Gods haven't used? How do we know which is right and which is wrong?

The prophets
His Word,
Jesus Christ, the most influential man in human History
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:
Dalaman if you are waiting for me to help you shape your mind and your opinion does that not show how much illogicality flows in you? Am i the one who told you to have your bath and eat food today? Am i the one who told you when to go to bed last night? Can you not show me how your "logical" mind works by showing me tangible irrefutable empirical proof to your THERE IS NO GOD position?

The there was NO GOD claim was only made when the proponents of the there is a God came up with their hypothesis. People didn't start going around claiming that there was no God until the roponents of the God hypothesis started spewing their ideas.

Show me the God that exist on his own without human input. You have been crying since. Am tired of your cries just show me.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
[size=16pt] PLEASE IT'S OKAY. IT'S CLEAR WE ARE SPEAKING FROM DIFFERENT WORLDS. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:
This is absurd.

Let me give an equally irrational request.

Show me tangible irrefutable empirical proof that there is no Santa Claus.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

The there was NO GOD claim was only made when the proponents of the there is a God came up with their hypothesis. People didn't start going around claiming that there was no God until the roponents of the God hypothesis started spewing their ideas.

Show me the God that exist on his own without human input. You have been crying since. Am tired of your cries just show me.

Do you know what a Hypothesis is?

A hypothesis is a supposition, speculation, postulation, postulate, proposition, premise, surmise, assumption, presumption, presupposition

If a hypothesis is an assumption then how did you arrive at your CONCLUSION?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

You have been dodging like its going out of fashion and have now pushed it as a hypothesis to me and that further shows how confused you are.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Do you know what a Hypothesis is?

A hypothesis is a supposition, speculation, postulation, postulate, proposition, premise, surmise, assumption, presumption, presupposition

If a hypothesis is an assumption then how did you arrive at your CONCLUSION?
You've managed to not make sense again.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by akintom(m): 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

You do not believe God exists. Show us your empirical data backing this up if you have one. Or show us something irrefutable especially since science is still unable to disprove God. Show us how you arrived at your own conclusion and stop asking others questions when the OP is about proof.
Sorry, the rebuttal is meant for the OP.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
You've managed to not make sense again.

Please desist from mentioning me. My lack of response to you should speak to you.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
akintom:

The rebuttal the OP seeks is Proof from you. Do you have any?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
Lol this isn't really my thread cool
I never claimed God does not exist cool
The Op defined Atheism and expect us Atheist that have noting to do With the Defination to be Defending it. Can you imagine?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

The prophets
His Word,
Jesus Christ, the most influential man in human History

The Koran is his word according to some religions. Others say it's the vedas for example.

Mohammed is the most influential man in history according to many analysis.

http://www.biographyonline.net/people/100-most-influential.html

www.iupui.edu/~msaiupui/thetop100.html?id=61

He said his revelation was divine and has over 1.8 billion followers and counting world wide. How do we objectively know that his revelations are not true and those of the people that wrote about Jesus long after he died are telling us the truth? How can we objectively know this?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

You have been dodging like its going out of fashion and have now pushed it as a hypothesis to me and that further shows how confused you are.

God is a hypothesis. If it's real then show me the God that exist on its own without human input. You should do that already instead of crying all over the place.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
6 pages and atheists can't disprove the existence of God
Ebuka, you've gotten a replica.

I'm sure you are grinning with happiness even though you know this attempt is cowardice.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

The Koran is his word according to some religions. Others say it's the vedas for example.

He said his revelation was divine and has over 1.8 billion followers and counting world wide. How do we objectively know that his revelations are not true and those of the people that wrote about Jesus long after he died are telling us the truth? How can we objectively know this?

Dalaman this thread is anot about an argument. Its about proof. Show it or say you have none.

cc felixomor stop responding to him till he shws us his empirical data which nobody opined into his mind.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Dalaman this thread is anot about an argument. Its about proof. Show it or say you have none.

cc felixomor stop responding to him till he shws us his empirical data which nobody opined into his mind.

Which proof have you ever provided? You use your words and opinion daily to tell us that sone God exist yet you are still here blabbing. You think if a God truly exist as advertised it will depend.on someone like you to tell others about it? You are truly deluded.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Pastafarian: 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
This is absurd.

this is the proof that OP makes NO sense

we should desist from certain threads that starts on a very dishonest, nonsensical and straight up bullsheety foundation

"prove a negative"

who does that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

God is a hypothesis. If it's real then show me the God that exist on its own without human input. You should do that already instead of crying all over the place.

So you agree your there is no God position is based n an assumption. So why speak with certainty? Are you conflicted? Their opinion is the hypothesis and not the reality of God. I think you need to read that your post again. The gave a hypothesis and not they saw God as a hypothesis...in a nutshell they formed an opinion based on an assumption. I have broken it down for you
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
akintom:

Summery Of this Thread
C: Atheist provide prove God doesnt Exist
A: I Never made the claim God doesn't exist So why should i prove it?
C: Because Atheism means "There is No God"
A: No Atheism doesnt Mean that
C: But Atheism means there is no God
A: I Just Explained to You just now
C: Atheism means there is no God!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Which proof have you ever provided? You use your words and opinion daily to tell us that sone God exist yet you are still here blabbing. You think if a God truly exist as advertised it will depend.on someone like you to tell others about it? You are truly deluded.

Goal post shifted again by 300 yards. If you have none to offer simply back out honorably
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

So can we now compare the koran and the Bible?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
This is absurd.

A little knowledge of the History of Santa Claus can help . Santa Claus is an Americanized version of Sinterklaas which gained prominence between the 18th century and 19th century . Sinterklass himself was a historical figure with legends and folklore attached to him based on the life on Saint Nicholas . Saint Nicholas is known for his miracles, benevolence and generosity . He was born on 15 March 270 and died on 6 December 343 .

So there you go , prove that there is no God .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Pastafarian: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

The Experience Lagos 2017 "Jesus Our King" (Live Thread) / Which Gospel Music Moves You So Much? / MFM Gives N91m To Members With First-Class

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.