Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30209 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
he also has kids

Totally! Something you are yet to get to.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
shocked

What is his moniker?

Does he have to have a moniker before a thread can be about him?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Guy you have already dodged the question.
We have all seen it.
What u r doing now is what all atheist here do.
Major on the minor and keep the argument long.

However the case,
There is no method on earth a spirit can reaveal himself to humans that God has not used in communicating with man.
He has used all the methods.
You can only but pretend by throwing mud all around.

And to remind u that if u say in ur mind that God does not exist, its as good as a bacterium saying humans dont exist.
Wether such bacteria gets to see the proof or not, it doesnt change the fact.

Going by your assertion all the different religions that claim God communicated with their founders and is communicating with their members are all correct right?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Going by your assertion all the different religions that claim God communicated with their founders and is communicating with their members are all correct right?

Dalaman stop being coy. Where is your proof to your own claim?

Felixomor ignore him till he provides his proof.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Ok,
Here is God performing a miracle after a prayer.

Watch the video in the thread
Enjoy. cool

https://www.nairaland.com/3520363/miraculous-video-power-prayer-name
This is not good enough and u know it... Why not tell him secret things about his life... Like his age, name of his gf, his ful name... The holy spirit can do that right? Am guessing you have the holy spirit
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Dalaman stop being coy. Where is your proof to your own claim?

Felixomor ignore him till he provides his proof.

Proof of what claim? I have told you to show me the God that exist in its own without human input. Will you show me that God already and stop crying all over the place?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

This is not good enough and u know it... Why not tell him secret things about his life... Like his age, name of his gf, his ful name... The holy spirit can do that right? Am guessing you have the holy spirit

You see? This is why we say proof is subjective as no proof would ever suffice for an atheist in self denial. You determine what you want as proof and when its given you switch to something else. Pathetic really.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Do you have any evidence to provide to back up your claim or not? If you do not then my convo with you ends now. Thank you
Ok.

What a way to go.

You seriously didn't think the post makes sense, did you?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by akintom(m): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:
Can you also show how you scientifically came to know how God MUST look like and MUST behave in all circumstances, so much so that you are convinced that if God exist, certain things should not happen or should happen.

I will be very glad to see an atheist come up with the EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE for his/her stand that there is no God, NOT against other people's believes.
This is very fair since that's what you say you believe in and I have seen a lot of atheists say, "Logic!" here on Nairaland while making fallacious claims. Let's put your "No God or gods" claim to LOGICAL TEST too and let's see the EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE as explained above,like you demand from others.

PLEASE NO ONE SHOULD RESORT TO INSULTING ANYONE OR REPLYING AN INSULT. LET'S FOCUS ON THE ISSUE.

Expectant.

Thanks.

Let me assume that you are sincere here.

Let's look dispassionately now at issue of god idea, and specifically its existence.

The human existential and essential experience, thrives on belief system - the mental process that helps humans to know and establish what they think is true. Be it tangible or in tangible.

The god idea (theism) happened to be one of the beliefs that humans developed at the earliest time of human development, in an attempt to resolve their perplexity, about some phenomenon they couldn't provide rational and empirical evidence for. This was due to ignorance and knowledge level.

At the exact time that this god idea/theory emerged, the belief that also rejected this belief emerged as well (atheism).

The beliefs (atheistic) that were put forward, to replace the rejected beliefs (theistic), subscribes to reason and objective explanations, as against the theistic views that were completely founded on assumptions and subliminal.

Can you respond to this pls.....
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
@ Damogul ,.. Plss respond to my comment where I used the prosecution analogy
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Proof of what claim? I have told you to show me the God that exist in its own without human input. Will you show me that God already and stop crying all over the place?

i have asked you to show me tangible proof to your claim of God being a man made idea by proving to me that you are probably 10000 yrs old and were there when the first man made God idea began and how lack of experiences or head knowledge brought this about. I also asked you to show me proof that you have interviewed all the god proponents worldwide to arrive at your conclusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

I said "God has used all the methods"
I dont know how that translates to "all religions are correct"

I hope you know what a fallacy is?
Unless you want to pretend.
But if you want to pretend, no problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

I didnt post the video for u.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
akintom:

Let me assume that you are sincere here.

Let's look dispassionately now at issue of god idea, and specifically its existence.

The human existential and essential experience, thrives on belief system - the mental process that helps humans to know and establish what the think is true. Be it tangible or in tangible.

The god idea (theism) happened to be one of the beliefs that humans developed in an attempt to resolve their perplexity, about some phenomenon they couldn't provide rational and empirical evidence for. This was due to ignorance and knowledge level.

At the exact time that this god idea/theory emerged, the belief that also rejected this belief emerged as well (atheism).

The beliefs (atheistic) that were put forward, to replace the rejected beliefs (theistic), subscribe to reason and objective explanations, as against the theistic views that were completely founded on assumptions and subliminal.

Can you respond to this pls.....

You do not believe God exists. Show us your empirical data backing this up if you have one. Or show us something irrefutable especially since science is still unable to disprove God. Show us how you arrived at your own conclusion and stop asking others questions when the OP is about proof.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Does he have to have a moniker before a thread can be about him?
No.
felixomor:

That God, whose Nairaland threads always attracts you.
That was what you typed.

It has a direct interpretation.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
No.
That was what you typed.

It has a direct interpretation.

I dont have to be the author of a thread for a thread to be about me.
I hope we are on the same grammar frequency?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Ok,
Here is God performing a miracle after a prayer.

Watch the video in the thread
Enjoy. cool

https://www.nairaland.com/3520363/miraculous-video-power-prayer-name
Which one of the persons in there is God?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

I didnt post the video for u.
It doesn't matter... Except u are chickening out sha
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
Is there any atheist who can bell the cat and provide us tangle empirically proven proof that God is non existent? That is what this thread is about. Its not about Red Herrings or Goal post shifting or Fallacies in all its forms.

Simply Proof.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
Man KingEbukasBlog costa just dey surprise me this season grin

I'm not surprised ... he is quality ! Redolent of his Athletico Madrid days
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

I said "God has used all the methods"
I dont know how that translates to "all religions are correct"

I hope you know what a fallacy is?
Unless you want to pretend.
But if you want to pretend, no problem.

What are the methods? How do we know which method is correct and which is false? Most religions also say that they were divinely revealed.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by jonbellion(m): 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
Akinton
Are you saying that there is no God atall or that religious Gods are false and a supreme being is likely?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

It doesn't matter... Except u are chickening out sha

"It doesnt matter"

Smh. Mscheww
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by jonbellion(m): 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm not surprised ... he is quality ! Redolent of his Athletico Madrid days
actually the most baffling is no red card yet
Diego is a changed man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

What are the methods? How do we know which method is correct and which is false? Most religions also say that they were divinely revealed.

Dalaman save your fingers and use it to show us proof. Stop typing irrelevant things to the OP. Show us your proof simple.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

I dont have to be the author of a thread for a thread to be about me.
I hope we are on the same grammar frequency?
your initial post didn't mention "about".

I'm seriously thinking you all need some time to rethink your position and come up with something better than this.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:
Is there any atheist who can bell the cat and provide us tangle empirically proven proof that God is non existent? That is what this thread is about. Its not about Red Herrings or Goal post shifting or Fallacies in all its forms.

Simply Proof.

When you rovide objective and incontrovertible evidence that your God exist then we will take up your challange. Remember we disbelieve in the existence of God's based on lack of evidence. If you have objective and incontrovertible evidence to show that your God exist provide it already.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Doesnt change the fact that u just translated my statement into a fallacy.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Dalaman save your fingers and use it to show us proof. Stop typing irrelevant things to the OP. Show us your proof simple.

Proof of what? Show us any God that exist on its own without human input.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
your initial post didn't mention "about".

I'm seriously thinking you all need some time to rethink your position and come up with something better than this.

So if i say this is God's book.
It must be God who wrote it with his hands?

Hmmmm
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

When you rovide objective and incontrovertible evidence that your God exist then we will take up your challange. Remember we disbelieve in the existence of God's based on lack of evidence. If you have objective and incontrovertible evidence to show that your God exist provide it already.

Cop out! In other words you have no personal reason why you assert that God does not exist and depend on anothers opinion in order to form yours? Is that how a logical mind works? If it is then you are simply illogical.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by randomperson: 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Simply Proof.
How many times would u be told... U don't prove negative, u disprove positive and for you to disprove something, there must have been an initial attempt at proving that positive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / The Experience Lagos 2017 "Jesus Our King" (Live Thread) / Which Gospel Music Moves You So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.