Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (58812 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:31am On Dec 29, 2016
4kings:

http://www.beliefnet.com/celebrity-faith-database/z/mark-zuckerberg.aspx

So that's the phase she was talking about, "questioning".
Everyone has gone through that, one way or the other.
I thought there were phases for atheism to theism, when she mentioned seun.

grin grin grin

What the heck bro . That is no evidence . That's a claim . No citation was made to prove their claim . I can also post in my blog that Zuckerberg questioned religion at 18 and had 'sworn Christian' before on his Facebook page .
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4kings: 1:35am On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

What the heck bro . That is no evidence . That's a claim . No citation was made to prove their claim . I can also post in my blog that Zuckerberg questioned religion at 18 and had 'sworn Christian' before on his Facebook page .
I actually have read about it long time ago, in another site.
When you try to search for Mark Zuckerberg and atheist, what comes up are mostly embarrassing NL pages.

And that's a Christian site, I dont think they would gain anything lying about his age.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:38am On Dec 29, 2016
4kings:

I actually have read about it long time ago, in another site.
When you try to search for Mark Zuckerberg and atheist, what comes up are mostly embarrassing NL pages.

And that's a Christian site, I dont think they would gain anything lying about his age.

Well , Christian site or not , a claim has to be proven . They may have gotten the false information from an atheist state . Anyone can make mistakes .
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4kings: 1:40am On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well , Christian site or not , a claim has to be proven . They may have gotten the false information from an atheist state . Anyone can make mistakes .
"mistake" seriously.
Anyways I don't want to dabble into Mark's issue. Good luck with your new convert.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 0neal(m): 1:42am On Dec 29, 2016
adepeter26:

People like you is why people say god doesn't exist @bold.
The bold makes people question the existence of god with the mindset you have.

KingEbukasBlog, what can you say about the boldened part..?

Sir... Life is Spiritual
For Emphasis I will reiterate...
the TRUTH is there are many ways to JESUS CHRIST, But JESUS is the only TRUE way to God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2016
Baddchristy:
Think I'm still at the agnostic stage too
Most atheists are agnostic. They don't know for sure that some God doesn't exist, but choose to withold belief until they have good evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:

Most atheists are agnostic. They don't know for sure that some God doesn't exist, but choose to withold belief until they have good evidence.
You are right sha

You still haven't replied my quote and I'm sure you might be able to help me get an IT placement as a big boy that you is wink
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lennycool:

Just because something is important doesn't make it good.
Cancer is of importance, Aids is important, Malaria, terrorism.
All these are important but they are not good
is athiesm good?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
uvalued:
is athiesm good?
Yes, because it keeps you from dedicating your life to something that is not true. From fasting and praying to someone who doesn't even exist. From reading an ancient collection of literature as if it's an accurate history book and forcing yourself to follow its outdated ideas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Omooba77: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:

Yes, because it keeps you from dedicating your life to something that is not true. From fasting and praying to someone who doesn't even exist. From reading an ancient collection of literature as if it's an accurate history book and forcing yourself to follow its outdated ideas.

Pasor Seun of Atheists Cathedral!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:

Yes
says who you? seun or who is the authority that says so... are you an authority to say atheism is "good"?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by manueltm: 10:48am On Dec 30, 2016
uvalued:

says who you? seun or who is the authority that says so... are you an authority to say atheism is "good"?
I'm just getting to know tis guy. I'm so impressed. It takes an intelligent person to question everything.
(these theists here questions anything- even their faithful girlfriends and wives) but to them, their religion is untouchable. Over 3,000 different religions think they are right. Well, the whole multiverse is working for them they think- keep up your hubris.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Omooba77: 11:22am On Dec 30, 2016
manueltm:

I'm just getting to know tis guy. I'm so impressed. It takes an intelligent person to question everything.
(these theists here questions anything- even their faithful girlfriends and wives) but to them, their religion is untouchable. Over 3,000 different religions think they are right. Well, the whole multiverse is working for them they think- keep up your hubris.

The worldview of an atheist, revolves around science.
But, feelings, emotions and spirituality is beyond a man's knowledge and capacity to comprehend.

Probe and Question the emotional and spiritual aspects of a person's life and see what happens.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2016
manueltm:

haha you think that we christians dont question what our pastors preach.. you joking right...
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2016
uvalued:

haha you think that we christians dont question what our pastors preach.. you joking right...

Allow the mugu to wallow
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
felixomor:

Allow the mugu to wallow
hahaha they think we mumu .... the berean christian question paul's teaching.. can you imagine but that is it... again paul also critizied peter that was with Jesus when he saw peter deviating from the basic of the gospel.. finally paul admonish us to test all things and hold to the good....haaha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by blueyedgeek(m): 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
Omooba77:

The worldview of an atheist, revolves around science.
But, feelings, emotions and spirituality is beyond a man's knowledge and capacity to comprehend.

Probe and Question the emotional and spiritual aspects of a person's life and see what happens.

Just a slight nitpick, atheism has nothing to do with science. Atheism starts and ends at the lack of belief in deities.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Omooba77: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
blueyedgeek:
Just a slight nitpick, atheism has nothing to do with science. Atheism starts and ends at the lack of belief in deities.

Ok sir .God dey sah
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by manueltm: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2016
felixomor:

Allow the mugu to wallow
Well, you people amaze me so much... Its all fun for me anyway. I've been so much fervent and crazily religious for over 25 years. So, i understand you guys. I've also condemned too. so, it gives me a clear view of how most of you reason. But by the way, you questioning what 'your pastors teach you' and you're already feeling like a boss for saying that. WHAT DOES YOUR PASTOR KNOW? The trial and error they teach you? The things they tell you that they don't mean/understand or willingly say to get your attention? Many of them are atheists doing business anyway (i might consider it too grin).. I've lived/ studied and stayed with seminarians and 'pastors' all my life and i can tell you- you have no idea of what you're talking about.
You need to start questioning things reasonably- eject yourself from what your static pastors teach you-
and not just science (i didn't mention that earlier anyway), also culture, history, reason and logic.--- but how will you even do that? thought you're the most brilliant specie in the world (felixomor).
But anyway, you're so special- "angels" are even at your service- as they all tell you. So, enjoy your delusion.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2016
manueltm:

Well, you people amaze me so much... Its all fun for me anyway. I've been so much fervent and crazily religious for over 25 years. So, i understand you guys. I've also condemned too. so, it gives me a clear view of how most of you reason. But by the way, you questioning what 'your pastors teach you' and you're already feeling like a boss for saying that. WHAT DOES YOUR PASTOR KNOW? The trial and error they teach you? The things they tell you that they don't mean/understand or willingly say to get your attention? Many of them are atheists doing business anyway (i might consider it too grin).. I've lived/ studied and stayed with seminarians and 'pastors' all my life and i can tell you- you have no idea of what you're talking about.
You need to start questioning things reasonably- eject yourself from what your static pastors teach you-
and not just science (i didn't mention that earlier anyway), also culture, history, reason and logic.--- but how will you even do that? thought you're the most brilliant specie in the world (felixomor).
But anyway, you're so special- "angels" are even at your service- as they all tell you. So, enjoy your delusion.

Continue to wallow.

Are u tired?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
Seun:

Going by what you've said, Deism is not bad too right?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

Going by what you've said, Deism is not bad too right?
It is much better, but I don't think it makes sense to insist on the existence of a person whose existence cannot be verified or disproved. God is a product of religion. Why hold on to God after being freed from religion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
Seun:
It is much better, but I don't think it makes sense to insist on the existence of a person whose existence cannot be verified or disproved. God is a product of religion. Why hold on to God after being freed from religion?

Please explain with evidence and proof, how religion produced God.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4kings: 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
Seun:
This depends on the definition of "God"...
I think you know this already, so why are you trying to paint a different picture?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:05pm On Dec 31, 2016
Seun:

So this is why this hasn't been moved to front page ?

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

Atheism is stupidly irrational and we all know that .
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
4kings:

This depends on the definition of "God"...
I think you know this already, so why are you trying to paint a different picture?

Lol . That has to be the most ignorant shiit I've seen in a while . Its not surprising its coming from an atheist .

I remember when Seun said the universe could be eternal .

4kings , no modicum of evidence supports this claim

nihil fit ex nihilo (nothing comes from nothing ) but why do we have the universe ?

God remains the most rational and logical explanation for the universe

I dare any atheist to prove this wrong grin

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4kings: 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . That has to be the most ignorant shiit I've seen in a while . Its not surprising its coming from an atheist .

I remember when Seun said the universe could be eternal .

4kings , no modicum of evidence supports this claim

nihil fit ex nihilo (nothing comes from nothing ) but why do we have the universe ?

God remains the most rational and logical explanation for the universe

I dare any atheist to prove this wrong grin
You and your foreign words gan...

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
4kings:

You and your foreign words gan...

grin

But you have to admit it . Atheism is illogical .
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4kings: 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin

But you have to admit it . Atheism is illogical .
Ya, absolute atheism
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:
Please explain with evidence and proof, how religion produced God.
I'm talking about the idea that God exists. Most people got that idea from religion. I'm yet to meet anyone who first got it outside religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Church Aborts Couple’s Wedding Over Groom’s Refusal To Remove Designer Shoes / Florida Pastor Caught Having Fun With Member's Daughters. Mum & Brother Faint / "Apostle Suleman Likes Sex Too Much & Once Gave Me Proceeds Of Crusades"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.