Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:13 AM

Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? (18190 Views)

What She Got As Christmas Gift From Him - Pictured / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. / Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2009
You guys broke up . . . . but are still friends.

He calls you up, makes an appointment and comes bearing gifts.

He dosent want you guys to get back together oh . . but he saw some nice things, thought of you and got them for you! 'No strings attached' he says!

Any implications in accepting
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by kokorunna(m): 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2009
I will take them with a full heart grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
grin grin grin grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by asha80(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
No long throat here.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by xynerise: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2009
If she offer me a mouth watery food? Of course I will take it with a kiss on her lips. I send?
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Explosive(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
No strings attached u say. If she gives me, sure y wouldnt i accept them. grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by MissyB1(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2009
What do You stand to lose in accepting it?
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by iice(f): 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
I dunno undecided  My ex has tried giving me gifts. . so far i haven't accepted even if i know there are no implications.  Lately he's like, "ok i'm getting you this and before you talk, there are no implications.  I saw it and just wanted to get it for you". . .when the time comes. . .i don't know if i'll accept it.  Even when we dated, i only accepted food grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2009
iice:

I dunno undecided My ex has tried giving me gifts. . so far i haven't accepted even if i know there are no implications. Lately he's like, "ok i'm getting you this and before you talk, there are no implications. I saw it and just wanted to get it for you". . .when the time comes. . .i don't know if i'll accept it. Even when we dated, i only accepted food grin

Hmmn!

Well, it's d first time it's happenin to me. It was some pieces of clothings and I accepted. Though in retrospect I dont know if I did right by taking.

Oh well, it'll be rude to return dem right? cheesy
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by xynerise: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
@iice. Onye nri
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by iice(f): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

Hmmn!

Well, it's d first time it's happenin to me. It was some pieces of clothings and I accepted. Though in retrospect I dont know if I did right by taking.

Oh well, it'll be rude to return dem right? cheesy

Haha, well depends on how you return them and how well he knows you. In my case, they all know how i'd react so even if it comes off rude to others, they totally get me cheesy

Give it sometime, if you still don't feel right about taking them, then you try to return them undecided
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by jaybee3(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2009
no big deal cool
just make sure u don't starting feeling u owe him one as well.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2009
iice:

Haha, well depends on how you return them and how well he knows you. In my case, they all know how i'd react so even if it comes off rude to others, they totally get me cheesy

Give it sometime, if you still don't feel right about taking them, then you try to return them undecided

Ok, that's sounds nice. Tnx!

jay bee:

no big deal cool
just make sure u don't starting feeling u owe him one as well.

Oh my . . his b/day is coming up do u think he'll be expecting a gift from me . . undecided

cos am not ready to buy him anything oh
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by nethacker(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2009
i dnt think i will cos that will pave way for future pleasanteries which can lead to disaster grin grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by whitelexi(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2009
nethacker:

i dnt think i will cos that will pave way for future pleasanteries which can lead to disaster grin grin

I thought of that too
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by smooooooth: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2009
a gift is a gift, and its not so polite to reject or return them when they dont come with a condition. i think u shd accept them.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
nethacker:

Well, we are not enemies. Like I said, we are still friends. It's not like we quarelled or anything, We just broke up . . . so the future will always be pleasant for us! with or without d gifts!
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by whitelexi(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
smooooooth:

a gift is a gift, and its not so polite to reject or return them when they dont come with a condition. i think u shd accept them.

some men will feel betrayal. . .  uju, imagine how you'd feel if your bf started accepting gifts like boxer shorts or perfumes from his ex. . .  Would u feel comfy with that even if it was 'just a gift'?

He does that and all he'll hear is talk of not respecting u tongue
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
whitelexi:

some men will feel betrayal. . . uju, imagine how you'd feel if your bf started accepting gifts like boxer shorts or perfumes from his ex. . . Would u feel comfy with that even if it was 'just a gift'?

He does that and all he'll hear is talk of not respecting u tongue

Hmmmn! Well my BF dosent mind! wink cheesy
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by whitelexi(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

Hmmmn! Well my BF dosent mind! wink cheesy

u dodged the question, nice one.

how's your bf sef? abeg ask him to forgive me about the other day. . . Tell him i had a hectic weekend, travelled to train some new staff and got back to work on monday, i've not had the time to get back at him.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by steve49ja(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2009
Girl gives Boy? No biggie

Boy gives Girl? Dont accept (If you're in a relationship)
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by olanajim(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
Ther is nothing wrong in taking his gift as loong as he is not sending the photograph of both of you nude in a crazy position to you and your husband. If he has money to throw and the goodwill to back it up, if your spouse trust you, then there is no problem.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Mrblazer(m): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
Till date I dont forget to wish my ex a happy birthday with certain amount of airtime. Though she is married with a child I still remember her birthday. I make sure I will be the first to send her a birthday text.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by stevemoj: 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
WHY NOT
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
whitelexi:

u dodged the question, nice one.

how's your bf sef? abeg ask him to forgive me about the other day. . . Tell him i had a hectic weekend, travelled to train some new staff and got back to work on monday, i've not had the time to get back at him.

It's aiight hon. I'm sure he understands!  wink
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by rubi(f): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2009
I will not it brings back old memory which might hinda me from moving on
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by misssexyu(f): 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
sure, buh wld b hoping dat wldnt b an attempt of reconcilation'
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by yme1(f): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
of course i will we are just frds remember wink
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2009
rubi:

I will not it brings back old memory which might hinda me from moving on

Well I've moved on and there are no memories to bring back!

misssexy u:

sure, buh wld b hoping dat wldnt b an attempt of reconcilation'

I dont think so. There's no going back for us and we both know it. Any sort of reconciliation is completely unneccesary . .  cos we know we can never be together!
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by SisiKill1: 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
I'll grab it so fast, he himself will wonder if he actually brought gifts.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by LordReed(m): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
I think it depends on who the person is. There are some folk who if they say 'no strings attached' u beta take to ur heels. So I guess u figured this was 1 of the safe 1's huh?
But still in a relationship u need to be careful dat ur BF doesn't become paranoid.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
Only if it's a ps3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men Pls Resist Any Move By The Judiciary To Implement Child Support In Nigeria / Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders / What Is Your Issue With Sa/ Zimbabwean Women Who Are Not Naija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.