Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (97264 Views)

Poll: Is pre-marital sex fornication?

Yes: 81% (353 votes)
No: 18% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / 5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Abuzola(m): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
Christians ! Christians ! ,Christians !! This shows Islam is the right path, 85% of christians have fornicated.

When will you forever be truthful. You grab the word of the bible when is convenient and if it is inconvenient then you kick it.

What does the bible say about fornication ?

GALATIANS 5:19-23
'Now the works of the flesh are plain; 'fornication', impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkeness, carousing and the like.
I warn you, as i warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, 'patience', kindness, faithfullness, gentleness, 'self control', against such there is no law''
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by sosisi(f): 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
Abuzola:

Christians ! Christians ! ,Christians !! This shows Islam is not  the right path, 85% of  Muslim men have fornicated with underaged girls

shocked shocked shocked shocked
allahu wrecked bar!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Abuzola(m): 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ah ! I tire for you mama chika !

The other day you were saying underage girls are been married in muslim province, today you change the course to fornication. For ur information Muslim marry at young age to avoid the temptation which the christian have fall prey to. Islam is all about way of life in the safe path on earth and in hereafter
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by sosisi(f): 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Ah ! I tire for you mama chika !

The other day you were saying underage girls are been married in muslim province, today you change the course to fornication. For your information Muslim marry at young age to old men to avoid the temptation which the christian have fall prey to. Islam is all about way of life in the safe path on earth and in hereafter

No wonder there are so many innoent girls in Islam lands leaking feces and urine 24 hours a day and the Muslim communities treat them like outcasts
Useless pedophiles.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by sosisi(f): 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2009
see how Islam sentenced girls in Nigeria to a life of bondage because they can't hold their sexual urges against underaged children
and Christians are taking care of them.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QrsPSVZfgk&hl=en&fs=1&"><[/flash]
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by skydancer: 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2009
rubbish!!!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Chetachuku(m): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2009
@poster In those days of earlier christianity, this would have been heresy. But that does not remove it from being your belief. Dear Sister, it is erroneous. Whether you call it fornication or pre marital sex, it is sinful and should be discouraged.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by YuJeongHyo: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2009
I agree that premarital sex is not fornication. I'm 21 and still a virgin and I am not about go to jump into bed with the next girl I go on a few dates with.
Before I get into personal beliefs, let me bring up a point of fact.
Marriage these days is not honored as something permanent. I recall one person saying that if you get engaged have sex and then break up, and then it happens again with someone else it's the same thing as being promiscuous. Well, how about when you wait until marriage, then have sex and get divorced a few years later and THAT happens again a few times? Is it only okay if you have signed papers that makes a relationship legal status? I mean, it is pretty easy to get a divorce these days. So how does sex inside or outside marriage even matter? It sounds to me that most of you Christians who are against premarital sex, judging by what you have said AND considering that marriage is no more permanent than engagement (it just takes paperwork and a court to breakup) that nobody should ever have sex EVER regardless of marital status because marriage isn't truly permanent anymore. And if you think so, then I guess humans should cease all forms of sexual reproduction and reproduce using labs, beakers, and test tubes. Or would that be a sin as well? (I know that some Christians would think so) If so, then let's just let the human race die off in the name of our Lord and Saviour! Amen.

As for personal beliefs, I think it is important to wait before having sex. I would rather wait until I am serious about the person I am with. If you truly love the person you are with, you both have talked about spending a lifetime together SERIOUSLY, and you are both emotionally close and you respect each other, than it is fine to become intimate with the person. It can help two people who love each other become closer and bond more.
Sex should only be done out of love (or reproduction). If you do it strictly because you think someone is "smokin' hot" or you just like how it feels, then that can lead to sexual promiscuity because you are doing it for the wrong reasons.
I would never have sex with someone if I had only been with them for a month. I would want to wait a while and grow emotionally with the person, otherwise there is nothing special about the intimacy.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by posakosa(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2009
Well Said and nice analysis YujeunghYo!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Abuzola(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2009
Allahu akbar, see how christian kick away the truth, despite the bible telling them fornication is a sin they frown at it Ephesian 5:5, this verse clearly state that fornicator shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Christians you can continue fornicating, christ carried away ur sin.

Praise be to God for making me find out the truth faith which is Islam
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by posakosa(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2009
To him his own fallacy, keep it moving homie.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Abuzola(m): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2009
'messengers are bearer of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against God after the warning of the messengers. And God is Ever All Powerful, All wise' Quran 4:165
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by YuJeongHyo: 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2009
Consider this; Marriage is simply paperwork and legal documents that makes a relationship official. It is a contract! And you are granted a marriage license.
So basically, you are signing a contract not written by God, but man. And you are given a marriage license by man. Essentially, man is telling you when it is okay to have sex and it has nothing to do with love at all. It has to do with forms, updating your tax info, signatures, and paperwork.
And if you like having sex with multiple partners but don't want to commit to the sin of fornication you can simply go to Las Vegas and get married, have sex, and then get divorced in Vegas, and do it all over again. Can you consider that promiscuity or no? Is it okay since the sex happens during marriage? Is that better than spending 2 years with someone without having sex, getting engaged, and then having sex maybe a month before the marriage? I sure as heck don't think so!
At least most of us Christians who don't believe that premarital sex is a sin wait until with are in love and close to someone. We aren't going out and having sex with random strangers.
The Bible was written many many centuries ago back when marriage was still honored as a lifetime commitment. In modern times it isn't the same and we must think critically about this. It is good to follow The Bible, but with the way things change, we must adapt to the changes and decide for ourselves at what point premarital sex is considered fornicating.
To me, it is a sin to have sex with someone before you are serious about them and before you express serious intentions to marry.
Personally, I am in no rush to have sex. If my partner decides to wait until marriage, I am perfectly fine with waiting.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2009
Thank God am a muslim, because ISLAM strictly says no to pre-marital sex, fornication, and adultery, and u have to humbly follow the rules,Alhamdullilai am a muslim again o
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 24, 2009
?
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 4:26am On Aug 24, 2009
@ topic

It seems premarital sex is actually the norm rather than the exception everywhere.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by otokx(m): 5:52am On Aug 24, 2009
Some "muslims" are trying unsuccessfully to do what they do best but be it known unto you that Jesus is the only way to eternal life. Believe in him and read his word in the bible; the holy spirit will then come upon you and abide in you forever.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by alimat2(f): 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2009
Muslims belief in jesus more than u do but muslims will never tell u jesus is God or son of god.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2009
alimat 2:

Muslims belief in jesus more than u do but muslims will never tell u jesus is God or son of  god.

they simply "believe" in their own version of a "Jesus" that never existed . . . the purpose being to deceive the gullible.

Its amazing how muslims can claim to believe in a "Jesus" whose alleged message muslims cant find.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by alimat2(f): 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2009
The message of jesus is TO WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE GOD.Ant the trinity xtains are attaching to him.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by petres007(m): 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2009
Abuzola:

Allahu akbar, see how christian kick away the truth, despite the bible telling them fornication is a sin they frown at it Ephesian 5:5, this verse clearly state that fornicator shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Christians you can continue fornicating, christ carried away your sin.

Praise be to God for making me find out the truth faith which is Islam

See who's quoting Paul cheesy grin grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by olabowale(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
My concern is really to the young women whose parents are so stupid enough to stick with a cultural ethnic tradition that purposely without the willingness of the woman to go into a marriage that benefits neither the bridegroom and or the bride, But in addition damages the bride along with her unhappiness thereafter. This is not the tradition of Muhammad (AS) because none of these women is Aisha bint Abu Bakr (RA)!

If I have my way and am able to say something about marriage in Nigeria, I shall tell them as a matter of law that no woman shall be deprived of education. And never should any arranged marriage take place. Until that there is an independent verification by the authority that there is an acceptance by the young woman who must never be younger than 18. After 18, if she chooses to marry a 90 year old woman, at least thats her choice and no one can fault her or shall be at fault.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2009
alimat 2:

The message of jesus is TO WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE GOD.Ant the trinity xtains are attaching to him.

That wasnt! His mission on earth was to shed His blood for our sins.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Abuzola(m): 11:32pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jesus never wanted to shed any single blood, or is ur God a bloodsucker.
Jesus never wanted to be crucified,
mathew 26:39 'And he went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed, saying ' o father , if it be possible, let this cup pass from me nevertheless not as i will but as thou will'

Praise the Lord: Allahu akbar. Jesus fell on his face and prayed the way muslim prostrate while praying i.e the sajdah. And secondly jesus prayed to God to pass the cup of death away, in the Quran God answered his prayer.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by MrCrackles(m): 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2009
Pre marital sex is fun!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Abuzola(m): 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2009
No mind the fithy people, kai de
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2009
@Davidlyan, so u're still gulking it ? i pity you, so if Jesus dnt come to preach about worshipping true GOD, so he was a mumu and does not av a life right? so he prefared death just for mankind evil ways, come down to EUROPE and AMERICA, and come see how people are embracing ISLAM cos its the true religion by God,am sure if one prominent pastor accept ISLAM thats when ur eyes will open
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Abuzola(m): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
Am happy for you my sister. In the Bible, no trinity, no christianity and yet jesus never said worship me. These are proof enough. My dear sister if you have any question on Islam don't hesitate to post it in the muslhm section.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by JPot: 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
Abozula Jesus and the Church unite in spirit, not in sexual contact.

Abozula, Jesus said "Send me" in Isaiah 6:8-10. He did want to go, but when the cup was coming and Jesus saw how hard it was going to be he asked God to pass it by if possible. But it didn't pass by because JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED. The hour had come.

As for pre-marital sex:

"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral." (Hebrews 13:4)

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars-- their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:cool
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Abuzola, thanks alot, i just pity them
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by panamabev: 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2009
This thread seems to have gotten way off several times.  I totally agree with the original poster.  From reading all of the post, most people are using the bible as the main source of information.  No one has proved that premarital sex is fornication yet.  Fornication is lewd, whorish behavior, sleeping with several partners and sleeping with another person's spouse, causing adultery.   I'm almost 60 and my understanding has been opened on many controversial topics.  I have had FIVE husbands, and you know that woman at the well that had the FIVE husbands, it's not talking about her being a sinner!!  Jesus was letting her know that He knew all about her without her having to tell Him anything, ONLY [/b]so she will believe that He is who He says He is, that's all!!  Therefore, she was able to go to the city and tell the people that this man knew things about her life without her having to tell Him, which prompted the question, 'is not this the Christ?'  Then the people went out of the city, and came to Him!!  Jesus could have chosen to reveal information about anybodies life!!  Stop using this story of that woman at the well to say that because she had FIVE husbands, and the man she was with was not her husband made her a [b]SINNER!!   Stop preaching that the message of the story is that the woman did not need all those men, all she needed was Jesus.  Sorry, not the message of the story!!

There is more than just the bible from which to get information.  You must remember that the bible has been translated many, many times.  Stuff does get lost in translation.  Fornication is not even mentioned in the 10 commandments!!  We only know in part, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little, and some things are just not for us to know, we are ever learning.  There seems to be so many bible scholars out there giving there biblical opinions and interpretations, but out of all the scriptures references given, I have yet to see where sex before marriage is a sin!!!  I was reading where people are dogging the few of us for our rationalizations concerning premarital sex, with no real backing other than what they are 'attempting' to interpret from the bible.  Study needs to be done further than just that one book that many, many, many have tampered with.  It is a shame that we teach that we are to study to show ourselves approved, but then we don't study pass one book, the bible!!

If you want to be quite honest and really get biblical, if you study, you will learn that King James, the author of the 'first edition' of the English Bible, published in 1611, was gay.   At age 13 his first lover was his young cousin, Esme Stuart.  THAT IN ITSELF TOPS SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE TO ME, whether you believe the SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE is a sin or not!!  It is also believed that William Shakespeare helped King James in his writing.   Shakespeare put his coded signature in the bible in Psalm 46 to represent his 46th birthday when had completed his work.  Go to Psalm 46, count down 46 words, leaving out Se'lah, you will see 'shakes', then count up 46 words, leaving out Se'lah, you will see 'spear', hence the name, 'SHAKESPEARE'.  Suspect maybe, but it makes since to me, especially combining it with The Da Vinci Code!! 

Do you realize how many books and scrolls were and are hidden, locked away in the Vatican?  Do you realize how many were found at the bottom of mountains in caves?  Do you realize how many are lost, never to be found?  Did you know that some things were taken away from the bible (or scrolls), or even added to make us believe certain things?  Did you know that changes were made to benefit the translators or committee of writers during that time in history??  Do you realize how many books were left out of the bible?  Do you realize how many actual books from other religions should be included in our teaching?  Did you know that John Wycliffe was the FIRST person to translate the bible into English in 1380's AD?  Look at the time space between Wycliffe's original translation 1380's AD, and King James 'first edition' 1611, that's hundreds of years!!!  My Point, there are too many words that don't mean what we were taught, the bible has been translated too many times, we don't bother to get the Greek or Hebrew meanings, there are too many documents that are hidden or lost, AND LOOK AT THE LIFESTYLE OF OUR MOST FAMOUS BIBLE SCHOLAR, King James!!!

Two years of posting on this one subject, and only a handful see the real meaning of fornication.  It's time for some more study!!  By the way, has anyone ever read or even heard of The Rule of St. Augustine??  While you're doing a search on King James and his gay lifestyle, and John Wycliffe, do a search on St. Augustine's rule!! 

Just like everyone else, these are my 'steadfast' opinions from my study. 

GOOD STUDYING
Hunting grounds are open!
I'm out!!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by DeepSight(m): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2009
sex is a natural instinct.

Calling it a sin is like saying eating food is a sin. That's a natural instinct too!

Please jare, my regular is on her way here, let me dust my bed, Gonna be hot tonight

People can be so incredibly stupid.

Lets say i never get married. No sex till i die? The thing is program,med into our DNA, we cant live without it

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! / This Is Apostle Suleman's Nude Photo - Stephanie Otobo Says / Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.