Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? (27410 Views)

My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by JustOzito(f): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
truthsayer007:

Eyah Sorry ! Atleast you have a big mirror smiley

lol
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Mayflowa(m): 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
sisisioge:

I'm actually in NY...just before Gbagada cool

Lol...come on. Be serious
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Abiolaseyi(m): 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2017
I feel the same, though i think it's normal but shouldn't be a habit
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by ayokunlei(m): 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2017
Phi001:

This is me when I'm bored...

I think of life too much as a permutated set of events.
Woow!! Are you a statistician?
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Babysho(m): 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
jessetom:
My dear there's nothing wrong with exploring your mind, your imagination, your creativity.
I think people like you are the ones that see the world in colours.
There's nothing wrong with being drowned in a pool of thoughts, in being curious. In wanting to know what is the origin of life, why the sky is blue, why there's so much suffering in the world, why society operates the way it does.
My dear we may be called strange, awkward, weird, unusual, but you know what I think? I think we are not different, but unique, special.
Society doesn't define you my friend, you define society!
Enjoy your personality!
Stay weird!
Stay unique!

We should have a group for like minds!

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by mzzhavilah(f): 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
U don't go to work?
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by boyka24: 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
we both have the same attribute my dear, to cursorily sum up what the "good minded" have been imploring i would like to know that u are special. let me tell u my story i had a girlfriend in my year two in school she was in level one. we both loved each other that many of my course mates were envious but the sad thing was that she kept complaining of being uncaring to her. i tot i was cos of all that i did to her but being an introvert i never knew i had lost her during moments of "mind rambling". To cut the story short i lost her (she bowed out of the relationship) on her birthday, i still regret losing her till date but looking back i had some positive moments in my academics such that i don't read for exams i always find reasons for answers in my curious mind. i tell u this i graduated as one of th best in my department and to add more to this i had A in contemporary philosophy a course which has been known to be hard and mind bugling. All in all u are special the ball now in court to play u decide how best u want to play it.

3 Likes

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

Hmmm. Stay stressfree esp for bp sake. Gods with you

Thank you!
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
lol
op you are funny
you remind me of ...

you should be happy
people who changed the world had your kind of personality

your mind is a diamond find a way to mine it
by cultivating it in an environment surrounded by fellow savants.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Phi001(m): 11:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
Haaaa

So plenty people think like this? How come Nigeria never better na?
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by JastSiryin(m): 11:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
McBeal10:
OK, so I'll start off by saying yes I am an introvert. and my daily routine is either I'm reading a book or being on the internet or watching a movie or just allowing my thoughts to consume me literally. Sometimes I sit and think or should I say creating a scenario in my head... like I'm thinking of how the future would be or I'm recreating a past event that happened (to me) and you know turn it to how it should have been? sort of. Sometimes I'm curious about the littlest things it just makes wonder a lot. like there's just mysteries in this world, hell the universe like what if there's another planet like earth and there's another me somewhere out there in space?....

well anyways is this normal or it's just me?
Well I'm like dis too for d most part...lemme start off by telling u dat there's nothing wrong with having a mind as urs,as long as it doesn't in anyway reduce ur quality of life, in dat ur thinking has become compulsive/obsessive , u get my drift?...The final tin I'd like to add is; You might want to start finding ways to utilize dat mind of urs cuz from d hobbies u listed, u do a lot more of consuming dan giving out,nothing stimulates d mind faster dan a creative endeavour,unless of course,u prefer keeping ur ideas to urself
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by KOMZYLEE(m): 12:07am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:
OK, so I'll start off by saying yes I am an introvert. and my daily routine is either I'm reading a book or being on the internet or watching a movie or just allowing my thoughts to consume me literally. Sometimes I sit and think or should I say creating a scenario in my head... like I'm thinking of how the future would be or I'm recreating a past event that happened (to me) and you know turn it to how it should have been? sort of. Sometimes I'm curious about the littlest things it just makes wonder a lot. like there's just mysteries in this world, hell the universe like what if there's another planet like earth and there's another me somewhere out there in space?....

You watch too much movie. Fiction in your head
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Spectre007: 12:14am On Jan 02, 2017
Exactly,we are actually in the same boat,pls how do u deal with dat mood swing aspect cuz mine is getting out of hand?
samuelkingz:
Am so happy am not the only one who is experiencing this..my alone life is so sacrosanct to me
Just that I tend to have mood swings easily.. From a level of high estacy to a state of unhappiness and most times if extreme suicide is considered..I soliloquize a lot and laff that my mum calls me semi mad man...in all these all I try to do is to find my true purpose here on earth and sincerely its hard getting it..@op and others...I hope we all find peace and get a chance to tame this nature of ours
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by ayamAgenius: 12:28am On Jan 02, 2017
You are unique! There is nothing off about you. You need to explore more of that energy and put it into good use. Your mind is like a broad infinite canvas, make all your paints there and don't bother yourself if it doesn't make any sense to a commoner. Once again, you are unique!
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by donhils: 12:37am On Jan 02, 2017
It is called worry. You're actually worried about many things and that's not good if you're a Christian as the Bible says take no thoughts for the morrow....
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 02, 2017
You not melancholic nor introverted at all...just didn't get to express yourself enough cos of that 'witch' you mentioned.
But she's not important anymore (u sure gave it to her) so don't b scared to bring yourself out now...get back in touch with your lively and upbeat self.
One more thing, stop thinking of things you should be doing...go out and do them. NOW!
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:57am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

Thank God you can even calm down to watch a movie, I need my hands busy 80% of the time.
I have to be completely exhausted b4 I can sleep
And if I perceive any thing as a problem , that's it game set and march. No rest untilnits solved.
Try beating that and you will love your current life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by dammysel(f): 1:01am On Jan 02, 2017
sisisioge:
You are cute...

I'm an hybrid between extrovert and introvert...OK, a 6/10 extrovert. Yet, I love my own company, I talk to myself, laugh , smile and just plain enjoy playing in my head. You won't even guess it cos I could be the life of a party without working a sweat too! Enjoy your creative mind...nothing do you.

Used to think I wasn't normal oh lol I am exactly this way too
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by nkpommpko(m): 1:01am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

am just live you, I even think of possible out comes of situations, so am rarely surprised
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by HETHOUGHWOO: 1:32am On Jan 02, 2017
Guess it is normal but don't allow evil thought to dominate
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by creepsyme(f): 1:53am On Jan 02, 2017
Greedgod:

i tink too much abt u , pls gime ur email to scribble my feelings 4 u !
iwere!
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Igbokao: 4:47am On Jan 02, 2017
Ability to think and rationalize your thoughts is a good thing. Great minds are usually inquisitive and curious without being aware. But, if you become aware that you are thinking too much, and unable to focus fully on any one thing, that type of mindset may present some challenges on its own. You have to have the ability to focus on one thing and think it through without wondering off to another. Otherwise, you suffer from attention deficit, which results from extreme mind-wondering.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by JuanDeDios: 6:08am On Jan 02, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

You really don't know how Melancholies behave.
What you call Fun, might be totally boring to Melancholies.

For me I don't enjoy outdoors, and crowded places.

Melancholies have so much fun when they a lone.
That's when they start experiencing Eureka Moments.
Actually, I do. I am a people watcher. If you read my post well, where did I say anything about sending her outdoors? And you are wrong about having "so much fun when they are alone". A few might, but most don't. If you have a lot of creative energy and you are unable to channel it for some reason and you just sit there practising aloneness, you are not going to be having any fun. Melancholies are not a generic bunch. You have some Aspergians who want to be with people but lack the social skills to do so. You have others who genuinely like being alone. Eureka moments occur with creative thinking, not sitting down alone and wondering if there isn't something wrong with you for being alone. It's a very wide topic.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Blessograo(f): 6:20am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

You not alone dear. Cos for me I can't sleep till its around 4-6 am if I'm worried or curious. I also plan my day in my sleep cos I'm a light sleeper. When i find myself in trouble I take a long sleep just to be out of reality for that moment cos I'm an introvert like you.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by JuanDeDios: 6:23am On Jan 02, 2017
sisisioge:

I think you are cuter at bolded.

Alright vicar, you appear to have ample knowledge about the issue. I really think she's cute( that's me not bothering my pretty head about the psychology of different temperaments and dispositions) . Those who want to channel their energies and intelligence into leaving a legacy for others are mostly geniuses whose life are kinda boring except for work.

If you ask me, I would say playing is more interesting than working...I would say, lazing is more interesting than diligence. Don't blame me oga, I'm not a dull girl... Remember that theory about humans and work?
Actually, it is. That is why intelligent people are sadder. But then you get some smart folks who don't think too much and are able to balance work and play. They're the ones who have it all - although I doubt they can get as "free" as average folks.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Malayy(m): 6:49am On Jan 02, 2017
dammysel:

Used to think I wasn't normal oh lol I am exactly this way too
with this your kinda body, you are over normal

1 Like

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by MrHighSea: 6:51am On Jan 02, 2017
Same with me but i dnt knw wat it means to b bored. Are u also bookish?
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Ishilove: 7:17am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

This is me 200%. Don't worry, it is very normal cheesy
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Greedgod: 7:19am On Jan 02, 2017
creepsyme:
iwere!
and iwere means ?
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Boydehot: 7:31am On Jan 02, 2017
It always make me feel special. One of this get me wondering, what was i made to be in future, My imaginations has been a great help to me, atleast am proud of myself knowing fully well that i was made for a purpose. You are not alone dear.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by longlife101: 7:55am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

You can find out and realize something very IMPORTANT about yourself... (THANK ME LATER) --TRY and get and read "The Power of Now"...by E. Tolle

In Mr. Tello's words: "When someone goes to the doctor and says, "I hear a voice in my head," he or she will most likely be sent to a psychiatrist. The fact is that, in a very similar way, virtually everyone hears a voice, or several voices, in their head all the time: the involuntary thought processes that you don't realize you have the power to stop. Continuous monologues or dialogues.

"You have probably come across "mad" people in the street incessantly talking or muttering to themselves. Well, that's not much different from what you and all other "normal" people do, except that you don't do it out loud. The voice comments, speculates, judges, compares, complains, likes, dislikes, and so on. The voice isn't necessarily relevant to the situation you find yourself in at the time; it may be reviving the recent or distant past or rehearsing or imagining possible future situations. Here it often imagines things going wrong and negative outcomes; this is called worry. Sometimes this soundtrack is accompanied by visual images or "mental movies." Even if the voice is relevant to the situation at hand, it will interpret it in terms of the past. This is because the voice belongs to your conditioned mind, which is the result of all your past history as well as of the collective cultural mind-set you inherited. So you see and judge the present through the eyes of the past and get a totally distorted view of it. It is not uncommon for the voice to be a person's own worst enemy. Many people live with a tormentor in their head that continuously attacks and punishes them and drains them of vital energy. It is the cause of untold misery and unhappiness, as well as of disease."

1 Share

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by creepsyme(f): 8:09am On Jan 02, 2017
Greedgod:
and iwere means ?
nice guy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This / A Nairalander Welcomes Twin Baby Boys (Photos) / Is He Serious Or Just Playing With My Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.