Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? (27431 Views)

My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by jessetom(m): 8:11am On Jan 02, 2017
Babysho:

We should have a group for like minds!

Yes Bro. We need that.
But I don't know if Seun will do that.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:
OK, so I'll start off by saying yes I am an introvert. and my daily routine is either I'm reading a book or being on the internet or watching a movie or just allowing my thoughts to consume me literally. Sometimes I sit and think or should I say creating a scenario in my head... like I'm thinking of how the future would be or I'm recreating a past event that happened (to me) and you know turn it to how it should have been? sort of. Sometimes I'm curious about the littlest things it just makes wonder a lot. like there's just mysteries in this world, hell the universe like what if there's another planet like earth and there's another me somewhere out there in space?....

well anyways is this normal or it's just me?

Lol yours is even small...You should come live in my head for a day, you'dbe surprised at what goes on in there. grin
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by dorofresh: 8:19am On Jan 02, 2017
Xensity:

You are asking this question and questioning your state of mind because your inclinations don't seem normal to you, by dint of their deviation from conventional social mores. But because your inclinations are different from that of most people, does that make it abnormal? No, it doesn't. Actually, there is no such thing as abnormal in the literal sense when it comes to behavioral patterns in humans. Behaviors we label as abnormal are the ones that tend not to conform with the behavior of the majority. But just because majority of people behave in a certain way, doesn't mean anyone that doesn't behave like them has a problem, especially if this behavior isn't inherently noxious.

Thinking the way you do is actually a gift. Not everyone has this gift. People who think like you do are people who revolutionalize their world. All the great scientists and inventors were obsessive thinkers. Most public intellectuals and paradigm shifters of our day are thinkers. You have a curious mind, and best thing to do to a curious mind is to feed it, and the best way to feed it, is with books. Read as much as you can. It's good you already enjoy reading. Read more and more. Read difficult books. Read books that stray from your comfort zone. Read books that critically examine new and old ideas, cutting across various academic fields. Create an account on goodreads and explore different categories of books. It would expand your scope of knowledge and generate new ideas and novel ways of thinking.

There is nothing wrong with you. As long as being you makes you happy, don't change it for anyone or anything. Keep on thinking. It's the doorway to enlightenment and freedom from intellectual bondage.
you write very well. Kudos!
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Greedgod: 8:20am On Jan 02, 2017
creepsyme:
nice guy!
hmmm , give me ur email lets start sth .
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by 1felix(f): 8:23am On Jan 02, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol. Nothing is wrong. You're OK. You're just like me...Mel temperament. Sometimes I lose sleeps due to thoughts. But always avoid talking to urself alone. That's one advice I can give you.

Did you go through a tough upbringing?

does it have a hand in it??
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 02, 2017
dorofresh:
you write very well. Kudos!

Thanks.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by mariong(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:
OK, so I'll start off by saying yes I am an introvert. and my daily routine is either I'm reading a book or being on the internet or watching a movie or just allowing my thoughts to consume me literally. Sometimes I sit and think or should I say creating a scenario in my head... like I'm thinking of how the future would be or I'm recreating a past event that happened (to me) and you know turn it to how it should have been? sort of. Sometimes I'm curious about the littlest things it just makes wonder a lot. like there's just mysteries in this world, hell the universe like what if there's another planet like earth and there's another me somewhere out there in space?....

Having the same problem (that's what i consider it to be). I am always lost in imagination that there is hardly a time when i'm not thinking about one thing or the other. I feel it is responsible for me becoming forgetful, i tend to forget easily now which is unlike me and I find it troubling. Sometimes I try to be aware so i don't leap off to my world of imagination.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by metallisc(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2017
kilode100:
You are Bored!

typical herd mentality!

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by metallisc(m): 9:15am On Jan 02, 2017
JustOzito:

same here or maybe worse.
I am the only girl in my family and I have never lived with a girl apart from my mom while growing up. Couldn't stay in the hostel and never had real friends. in fact till date my only confident is my big mirror and nairaland. Although I have written a book (not published). I always feel bored ...
So Darling you are not alone.

grin grin grin

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2017
It depends on how what u think makes u feel. If u are always anxious. If u always stay away from social groups. If u do have dirty thoughts. If u find it hard remembering things, then u may be depressed. Depression is a common mental illness. 3 out of every 10 people have or have had depression once in their life. Pls endeavour to see a psychiatrist. It could change your life. Heres my WhatsApp number. Text me for more info
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by metallisc(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by metallisc(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2017
ConcNiggress56:
Cupcake, it is not normal.. Hypertension, stroke, BP, cardiac arrest are on the cards.. I pray that wont be your portion IJN. Besides, there wont be anyone to service your engine like me.. You might just age quickly. Looking 58 when you are just 30. And your chances of getting married at a marriageable age are slim.

My recommendation.

You know what i tell your type?? Stand up, freshen up and take a long walk to shoprite everyday without going with a dime. You will make new friends while trekking or get a free ride or a free meal..
Hope this helps

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by lyion: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2017
I feel your pain brother.
But on the darkest of days, when I feel confused, my mind will want to fix things.Yet there’s nothing to fix.
I live life one moment at a time. Clarity comes when it comes. I feel confused like anyone else.The difference is that I know that it’s a part of life. I don’t have to fight my way out of the fog.The fog disappears on its own accord. I do my best, but once frustration knocks on the door, I stop, and let go.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by metallisc(m): 9:22am On Jan 02, 2017
Generalyemi:
are u a MELANCHOLY

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by mcsnup: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2017
ConcNiggress56:
Cupcake, it is not normal.. Hypertension, stroke, BP, cardiac arrest are on the cards.. I pray that wont be your portion IJN. Besides, there wont be anyone to service your engine like me.. You might just age quickly. Looking 58 when you are just 30. And your chances of getting married at a marriageable age are slim.

My recommendation.

You know what i tell your type?? Stand up, freshen up and take a long walk to shoprite everyday without going with a dime. You will make new friends while trekking or get a free ride or a free meal..
Hope this helps
come off it lady, varieties makes the world colourful and all those chronic conditions are as common among extroverts as introverts.. as a matter of fact extroverts are terrible at it.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2017
hmmmmm too much of everything is bad ooooooohmmmmm too much of everything is bad ooooooohmmmmm too much of everything is bad ooooooo
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by davss02(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

Hmm! We are the same specie
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by mcsnup: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2017
mariong:
Having the same problem (that's what i consider it to be). I am always lost in imagination that there is hardly a time when i'm not thinking about one thing or the other. I feel it is responsible for me becoming forgetful, i tend to forget easily now which is unlike me and I find it troubling. Sometimes I try to be aware so i don't leap off to my world of imagination.
it's a problem only because you made it so and perhaps your surrounding makes you think so, you are perfectly normal and unique and let no one else tell you otherwise. your forgetfulness is a common thing especially when you are above 24, your normal creative mind begin to exchange its creativity for worries and a general lack of interest in normal activities and this is when you begin to think there is something wrong with you. am sure you have interest in too too many a think and find yourself at none. my personal biography

1 Like

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by koning: 9:53am On Jan 02, 2017
no1madman:
I guess u don't fuckkk too much. .

She don't fvck at all, you are talking of 'Too much'. 90% of regular fvckers are thinking of "Fvcking"95% of the time.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Melonny(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

I would say this is good. you will get pretty creative. I am an introvert too, the only friend I have is nairaland. I am not just interested in people. I was faced with a problem like this and It got to a point that when I am sleeping my head still keep thinking out loud cum a terrible headache. just get your mind off irrelevant things. I remember, I played the role of an Auditor with and in my mind when I did my Audit exam. Creative!
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Chukabiz1961(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2017
There is difference between thoughtfully motivated emotion and emotionally motivated thought. The former is natural and normal while the latter is not. Just try to think positively.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by jareo: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

bro go to google and research on temperaments.im guessing you are predominantly melancholy and secondarily phlegmatic which makes you a super introvert.but that comes with a benefit tho.you are one of the few people with this particular blend(melphleg) which means youre naturally smart(not brilliant) you can do anything.trust me.just get a problem and try to get a solution and you'll be fascinated with how your brain works.dont forget to get the book WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO by TIM LAHAYE.it'll answer all your questions to the very end.thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by ChukaLupin(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

It's not normal. Don't get me wrong...people who spend time thinking, or imagining, are said to have a higher IQ. So, keep on with it, and one day, those things may just happen.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by OniKingWealth(m): 10:22am On Jan 02, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol. Nothing is wrong. You're OK. You're just like me...Mel temperament. Sometimes I lose sleeps due to thoughts. But always avoid talking to urself alone. That's one advice I can give you.

Did you go through a tough upbringing?

Most times that's the cause ! You got it bro
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by mariong(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2017
mcsnup:
it's a problem only because you made it so and perhaps your surrounding makes you think so, you are perfectly normal and unique and let no one else tell you otherwise. your forgetfulness is a common thing especially when you are above 24, your normal creative mind begin to exchange its creativity for worries and a general lack of interest in normal activities and this is when you begin to think there is something wrong with you. am sure you have interest in too too many a think and find yourself at none. my personal biography
this is true.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Jarus(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

I was in this stage between 15 - 22 years - mostly lonely, thinking, sometimes even writing down my future plans. It really motivated me to work hard. I think it's a stage.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by chrissy3(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2017
McBeal10:

OP I suggest you go for an IQ test cause it seems a though you've got an above average IQ without even knowing it . Having high IQ comes with stuffs like this. sometimes ideas come into your head and you get overwhelmed by it. One major sign of having a high IQ is the difficulty in falling asleep at night and you stay up a lot more than normal before sleep comes. Go and take IQ test in a hospital based on Africa specifically cause if you take the one for foreigners you won't score your actual level because you're not blend in their society but blended here in Africa. I myself rate 120-135.You can hit me up and I can help you out with tips on how to ease up thoughts. Its actually a struggle you would be plagued with and that's how an inventor is born .I have been plagued and disturbed with ideas to a point I couldn't sleep until I started channeling it to what could be one of the greatest invention in modern times which I call "ppm magnetic electricity generator" . In theory it can produce boundless energy energy from a naturally occuring material that seems to have infinite work provided certain temperatures are maintained. Blueprints and calculations was aced and so I'm on the test phase. My dear your burden is actually a blessing and I suggest you channel it toward inventing and innovation. It would be very wonderful if you're in the science field. There are lots of inventions to be made,figure it out.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by adexpa(m): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2017
what u r doing is normal for a success driven mind. a mind blowing greatness always require deep n constant thought. my advice..... don't allow it to overburdened u n always make it a positive one cus it is a positive mental attitude that make great. make reflection of past n learn from it but don't allow d thought of past consume u, make future the priority. above all, stop wishing n thinking alone, take actions towards ur blissful thought cus to be at a spot wishing n thinking is foolishness but a thought supported with action is productive. success.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 02, 2017
Too many roaming cows.

God please save us.
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Monogamy: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2017
mtngloetiartel:
egba mi!

Gba e bawoo.. Try and read about it now..
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by chrissy3(m): 11:17am On Jan 02, 2017
I'm just so excited to find someone with similar characteristics as myself cause I find it difficult to cope in our surroundings today cause people think I'm a freak because of my interest and thought process plus I tend to ask very curious questions most peeps just be like "weytin carry your mind go here now ? Nawa for you o" .Plus I've been searching for like minded people on FB but its been futile to find .One of my dream is to assemble group of intellectuals that would be the driving force for the change of the predicament of the black race .Cause if this whites want to enslave us again they would achieve that in 48hours which I such a pity.We are sleeping in this continent and its mandatory the likes of you me and anyone out there to try and engineer the base of the blackman to be creative and logically sound in his ways. You have a mandate bestowed on you to be an agent of change using your sublime thought process.Put it to work homie and let's pull the blackman from mediocrity to prominence.
Note : do not delve into weapons creation thoughts cause you might come up with stuffs that that if it calls into the wrong hands then we might see a whole new level of human suffering. I thought about weapons creation when I was a warhawk intending to join the military and I'm begining to understand why it didn't work out for me. the ideas I got are once I pray the human race don't achieve before we evolve to far more different and tolerant beings than we are now .
Re: I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? by Ezionye(f): 11:19am On Jan 02, 2017
There is a book on temperaments by TIM LAHAYE. Don't really rember the title.

It teaches basic features, strengths and weaknesses of each temperament.

Very important is how to minimise your weaknesses. For example, the events the Op described can make you creative but if overdone, can make u anti social too.

Am saying there is a way we Introverts ( I am 100% one) can make subtle efforts to balance these features by once in a while hanging out with people and sharing ideas more frequently.

Try reach out to one or two people u can talk to, go shopping, take a stroll, have online pals, make one or two calls etc etc then come back to your alone spot.

You will see the difference. You gain on both sides

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife / Is He Serious Or Just Playing With My Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.