Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. (17581 Views)

Gun shots At Slaughter Trans Amadi, PH? / GEJ Is A Good Man, But Buhari Is A Better Leader -Biafran Army Captain Leo Amadi / Ex-gov Amadi Ikwechegh Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by justybaby(f): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2009
the condition is not good ,period! there z dirt evrywia nd datz no fault of d govt, it wil make a whole lot of diff, if the butchers r on clean clothes wit clean aprons nd gloves( datz nt very xpnsiv) if there is seperate sections 4 slaughtering, burning, cutting nd selling, if d slaughter ground is not anywhere near d road, if only butchers r allowed in d slaughtering section, if customers stand up 2 demand better hygiene, 4get govt do ur part!
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mccloud224(m): 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
@Topic

With all our "unhealthy" meat and sh*t, you will never see us looking this bad (the most of us anyways).

Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mccloud224(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2009
Effects of "oyido treated" meat.

Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mccloud224(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2009
@ least you rarely see morbidly obese people around these parts (and don't say its becoz we no get food to chop).All that "healthy" food for yankee and jand is laced with all sorts of chemicals that are of little benefit to the human body.Na only dem get eating "disorder".How disorder no go dey when the food no dey in order in the first place.
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mrofficial(m): 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2009
mccloud224:

@ least you rarely see morbidly obese people around these parts (and don't say its becoz we no get food to chop).All that "healthy" food for yankee and jand is laced with all sorts of chemicals that are of little benefit to the human body.Na only dem get eating "disorder".How disorder no go dey when the food no dey in order in the first place.

grin
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by airzzee(m): 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2009
mccloud224:

TNX BRO. TELL THE-AMAKA
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by Apollonio: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2009
Dear people,please we should´t use every thread to back bite each other about what goes on in our country and elsewhere.For the interest of our only country,it is only right that when we see something that should´t be,under normal circumstances to call it what it is.Activities depicted in those pictures don´t add to our well-being, and I am using this medium to call out anyone on this forum that in one way or the other has any contact with health officials in Rivers(and all the other states where activities like this are possibly going on unchecked) to forward this link to them.
Something positive might happen.You never know.
Thanks all.
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mamagee3(f): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
The viewing of these pictures is disgusting. angry angry angry
The market is ridiculous. undecided
The Federal govt are lazy baboons
. angry angry
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by Louisidowu(m): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2009
Obviously we need more sincere health inspectors and an organised eystem for our teeming population of huzzlers.
shocked
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by brooklyn99: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2009
jesus cristo!!!o mi dios!!! jah!!! this is scary. it does look like an apocalyptic movie. where the hell are the health inspectors?
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2009
@ airzzee what do you want? abeg!
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by okeey(m): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
oh my goodness
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2009
WOW!!!! ^^^^
is there any way i can make an account on this site, im about to FIRE BACK!!!
they want war, eh?
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mrofficial(m): 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

WOW!!!! ^^^^
is there any way i can make an account on this site, im about to FIRE BACK!!!
they want war, eh?

I'm registered!
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2009
yeah i saw the register button but im too lazy.
nah i dont feel like arguing with racist chickens on that site.
their most likely Whities in there.
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by Pastormat(m): 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2009
wAO can this be the GARDEN CITY of Nigeria??
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by 9ijaprince(m): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2009
this practices is applicable in every cities in nigeria. infact, some of us are used to it.
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by jona2: 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
;d ;d
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by Hanoobaba(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2009
Something needs to be done about the conditions of slaughter-houses all over the federation. But i've been eating those meats since I was a kid and nothing has happened to me. You need to visit the odo eran in Abeokuta, the condition is almost the same. But I find it hard to believe that the meats are roasted with tyres, the butchers here use hot water to remove the hair. And when they get to the market, different flies will begin to draw map of Nigeria on the meat. Never the less, the meat still dey sweet.
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mamagee3(f): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2009
@AMAKA

What site do you wish to register on? undecided
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2009
nevermind ooo
just that link the poster posted.
i dont care anyway, stupid district 9 crap again
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by init4dmoni(m): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2009
i swear this i where game developers will come and get their pics of "Africa" grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by Smi1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2009
WTFUQ ?? !!! I can't believe what my eyes are seeing, tchiéé !!! is there any buyer who often buy this kind of BS meat
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by ezeagu(m): 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
Dis Guy:

Thats obviously because there are no studies to link these practises to unexplained deaths, illness, stunted growth, and many other we just take for granted

We know many people in nigeria that died from 'brief illness'

think about it, what will happen if better facilities are provided for these butchers will they earn less money? Or dont they deserve to work in a healthier cleaner environment? Will the residents lose out

People die of 'brief illnesses' because there is no adequate health care, not because raw meat is prepared near a burning tire, but I can understand what your saying, which is why I wasn't against them cleaning the area up, but jail who?
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by Beaf: 12:01am On Nov 29, 2009
ezeagu:

People die of 'brief illnesses' because there is no adequate health care, not because raw meat is prepared near a burning tire, but I can understand what your saying, which is why I wasn't against them cleaning the area up, but jail who?

So why not avoid situations were health is endangered in the first place? Also, your assertion that there are no adverse effects to preparing meat with burning tires could not be more wrong. Please review the quotation below and and search google yourself for the health effects of just burning tires alone (talkless of preparing meat that way).

rasputinn:

Very true

Don't be sarcastic man,you're scaring me cos my hotel in PH serves meat too

Sarcastic?

Beaf: It is common knowledge that burning tires in the open is extremely harmful to human health and the natural environment. The fumes emitted are packed with the many toxic chemicals that tires contain (including volatile organic compounds such as benzene, metals such as lead, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons such as benzo(a)pyrene, and synthetic rubber components such as butadiene and styrene). Additionally, the chlorine content in tires leads to the creation of dioxins and furans (which are extremely toxic chemicals) when tires are burned

None of the chemicals above released into both the meat, air and soil by burning tires does the body any good, they are all extremly dangerous.

Dioxins and furans are the most toxic carcinogens known. Their job is to cause cancer, so next time you see your neighbour drop dead mysteriously. . . Know say no be winch kill am!

The list of chemicals is from here http://www.energyjustice.net/tires/
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by dreeldee: 2:38am On Nov 29, 2009
So basically what the proponents of the abattoir are saying is since there have not been any known case resulting from eating meats prepared under those conditions (hardly any standard health care to detect anyways), there is nothing wrong with it? And as a result the process should be continued, and anyone who feels otherwise is not Nigerian enough or not keeping it real?
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by Beaf: 2:53am On Nov 29, 2009
dreeldee:

So basically what the proponents of the abattoir are saying is since there have not been any known case resulting from eating meats prepared under those conditions (hardly any standard health care to detect anyways), there is nothing wrong with it? And as a result the process should be continued, and anyone who feels otherwise is not Nigerian enough or not keeping it real?

Don't mind them jare!
It is for such reasons that we continue moving backwards. There once used to be health and standards workers in our markets, enforcing proper methods and making sure articles were fit for sale. That is all gone now and lawlessness prevails, these days "patriotic" people want us to roast beef and goat meat with tires; they somehow see suicide out of stupidity as some flavour of patriotism. Patriotism to what? Poisoning ourselves and children with burnt tires or patriotism to the feet stepping on the meat that we eat? It surely isn't patriotism to Nigeria, it must go by another name; foolishness.
We are slowly regressing to the stone age.
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by olanajim(m): 6:21am On Nov 29, 2009
wow, I thought this kind of thing is in the past?

Good luck to all flesh loving people. It is time you start patronizing those who prepare the meat at home or you kill that ram on your own.
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by Donpuk(m): 9:45am On Nov 29, 2009
ezeagu:

The meat is eaten raw? Millions of people depend on these butchers for their meat and the same millions are not dying, I can see the level of Nigerian life experience certain people have. What you should say is that they should clean up.
, this apron is very neat, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mybad: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2009
There is no other name for whatever is WRONG.
We can keep our abattoirs clean and it doesn't take chemicals to do that.

It’s really disheartening that apart from the abattoirs, most of our facilities are not in order.
Our roads, our electricity network, security, our judiciary and even our economy.
It all boils down to one thing, we are an avaricious populace.
We need to start changing our ways and aim at precision.

Let’s make the coming generation follow a worthy path; we owe them nothing short of excellence.
I am ready to turn a new leaf, let’s know if you are too.
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by GeorgeD1(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2009
why can't we just do anything right in this country?
Re: Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. by mamagee9(m): 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2009
disturbing embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Thugs Reportedly Destroyed APC Governor Candidate Billboards In Kwara / Obasanjo Speaks On Anambra Airport And Great Leadership In Anambra (video) / Tinubu Hails Tunji-Ojo Reforms As Interior Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.