Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc (30072 Views)

Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? / Best Way To Overcome Unemployment After NYSC Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by MakeADifference: 10:32am On Jan 30, 2017
They should simply tag you "Crazy Hustler'". Good job. What's your URL?

VocalWalls:
THERE IS NO CAPITAL was the biggest lie I told myself which made me waste over one year of my life in the unemployment market... Hoping to raise enough for business.

It took a white collar job with a 15k pay to reset my brain. This was in January 2016.

March 1st, I bought my first domain.

Less than 1 year later, I have more than I really need.

You don't really need capital. You need an idea.

EDIT: For those asking what i did with the domain i bought... I started a blog. Yeah!
while unemployed people were reigning curses on bloggers and shouting la click la bend on nairaland, i was still making my money, i spammed nairaland, i got banned severally, but it didnt stop me. I knew it was all i had, so i just could not stop.

**I really dont know why i get an error message from mailer daemon when i try to respond to PM requests, but i have my number everywhere on nairaland. You can reach me via whatsapp. and i'm not saying its an easy road.
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Rick9(m): 10:36am On Jan 30, 2017
Nice thread, since the day I gained admission and discovered how the education system was like and the situation of the country at present, I gave up and told myself that I must be independent and after graduating I am not searching for any job.

how do I plan to achieve this ? I am currently learning so many skills, I am into Music Production I make Hip Hop / Trap beats and Pop Beats, am still learning to know how to Produce various genres, I am Also learning Graphics design every holiday I must make sure i spend my time learning.

I am just going to school for going sake, I know that degree won't take me where I want to be, my skills would take me.

I may not be making money now but am sure of one thing I am doing sth already and sooner or later my breakthrough gonna come.

Am currently in 200Level Philosophy, after graduation I will be well equipped and I must have mastered my craft in Music Production and Graphics Design.

With God's help and support I will eventually make it.

A I encourage you to start sth worthwhile don't waste time unnecessarily, this world has advanced so much in information and Technology, you have a wide range of information on any topic at your fingertips,

Google is there , YouTube is there , Wikipedia's is there,

I learned graphics and music production from Google and YouTube, imagine what would happen when I finally Graduate from school.

Success to all of us.

P.S I am DJ Rick an Aspiring DJ, Music Producer and Graphics Designer
Pls follow me on my Social media pages

Facebook www.facebook.com/djrickofficial1

Twitter www.twitter.com/djrickofficial1

Instagram www.imstagram.com/djrickofficial1

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by 400billionman: 10:38am On Jan 30, 2017
Uzoraustin:
You talk to dad less because he is against your weed smoking. Yabaleft is waiting for you.

Naturally, at that age, he will be clashing with his father because he is grown, home and jobless.

There will be an unspoken resentment in the man, "after all the school fees I spent on you, you are still home".

An unemployed lady even confided that she smokes weed to forget anxiety. That's the only bad angle he mentioned..

This country is in serious ish.

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by drskyfly007(m): 10:44am On Jan 30, 2017
tripoli007:

I disagree with you marijuana can never make one go mad,except its spiked with something else been burning trees since 2004 and jot quitting anytime soon
Guy don't disagree ooo..come to uselu psychiatric hospital at benin city and see for yourself..
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by sekem: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2017
And you call that coping, Mr. OP?

I just hope you're joking.

Because if you're not.

Then...

My friend, you are not coping at all.

You are dying.

Look at this young man.

I didn't hear you mention anything about Personal Development.

I didn't hear you mention anything about acquiring more skills to make yourself valuable in the job market.

I didn't hear you mention anything about reading more books to widen your knowledge.

You are proudly telling us that you smoke weed like 3 times a day and you talk to probably your weed smoking friends too.

Clap for yasef Mr. Weed smoker. lipsrsealed

You are waiting for someone somewhere to give you a job abi?

In short my friend, let me tell you the truth nobody has ever told you.

You are nothing but a wasted Nigerian Youth.

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by femi4: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2017
illuminated93:
Even if I'm young I know this life is simple,at the end of it all we will all die. I'm wise enough not to worry about the fact that i aint employed yet and not having enough finances to do business. So this is what has been keeping me happy:
I pray everyday for God's peace
I smoke weed lyk 3 tyms a day
I stay away from bitcches that will bring me stress
I listen to rappers that flow hope,e.g,Talib kweli,Royce da 5'9,kendrick lamar,Joe budden,Crooked I etc.
I talk to my mum more.
I talk to my dad less
I talk to friends,so I gain information on stuffs I can fit in

To my fellow young men how have u been coping?
Who will employ a weed smoker

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by DonBenny77(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2017
illuminated93:
Even if I'm young I know this life is simple,at the end of it all we will all die. I'm wise enough not to worry about the fact that i aint employed yet and not having enough finances to do business. So this is what has been keeping me happy:
I pray everyday for God's peace
I smoke weed lyk 3 tyms a day
I stay away from bitcches that will bring me stress
I listen to rappers that flow hope,e.g,Talib kweli,Royce da 5'9,kendrick lamar,Joe budden,Crooked I etc.
I talk to my mum more.
I talk to my dad less
I talk to friends,so I gain information on stuffs I can fit in

To my fellow young men how have u been. coping?

My brother its like we are putting on one leg the same shoe i passed out from nysc oct '15 and up till now nothing come out....... all i have to show is a backyard poultry wit about 100 birds the current price of feed is frustrating my efforts started breeding sept last year wit no tangible gain.

if u try importation, no way (see as dollar rate be na)

My broda as for the depression the lady in white dress knows me by name....... three times a day be wat? If not for this government leaf that consoles a son of man the desperation for lead to suicidal thoughts oh!

imagine me this early monday morning people dey go work na wood shavings i dey go buy for carpenter workshop carry go house as i think am my mind spoil me wey say from today i no go kush again as i reach house drop saw dust one side i get to first holla my blow man make thinking no kill me.

I go jus advice you to start something, and do with deligence i feel say God dey want make we humble ourself before him uplift us like when i dey find admission anyhow na after i humble myself accept to manage Rivpoly na when him open doors na Ghana i come go university........... So jus do something, focus n pray

Cos if you wait for govt or helper.......nothing come out oh!

Even we wey dey kush sef God dey still bless us

PEACE!!!

4 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by okechukwu101: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2017
Joephat:
that your Doctors prescription tho.

why not go look for teaching job n see how to start up your masters.
I like his spirit. He has a good spirit. Must he do MSc?He can do a teaching job if needed. I think MSc in Nigeria could be a waste of time and limited funds.

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by okechukwu101: 11:15am On Jan 30, 2017
sekem:
And you call that coping, Mr. OP?

I just hope you're joking.

Because if you're not.

Then...

My friend, you are not coping at all.

You are dying.

Look at this young man.

I didn't hear you mention anything about Personal Development.

I didn't hear you mention anything about acquiring more skills to make yourself valuable in the job market.

I didn't hear you mention anything about reading more books to widen your knowledge.

You are proudly telling us that you smoke weed like 3 times a day and you talk to probably your weed smoking friends too.

Clap for yasef Mr. Weed smoker. lipsrsealed

You are waiting for someone somewhere to give you a job abi?

In short my friend, let me tell you the truth nobody has ever told you.

You are nothing but a wasted Nigerian Youth.
You are a bigot and a hypocrite. The fact you saw weed now makes him a failure?? Am sorry for those under you. He can go into self development if there are funds....ahhh!!! Nigerians!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by ShoProperties(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2017
A smoker can actually work from home and make millions or naira I have a great business proposal for you. there is a reputable program that allows you to make passive income selling land in Lagos. just wanted to touch base with you and see if you would be open to taking a look .It's actually free to join. You make % 15 %10 which is about 450k by just making a referral to the company . Don't you think you need to try this out ..contact me on WhatsApp if interested 08124579981

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 30, 2017
You like bob marley? Yea,he touched the world in ways the politicians of his time couldn't,he smoked till death

Do you know james monroe? nah ,I don't think you do,he was a president of the united states,he smoked till 73

Do you know Hua Tao? I don't think you've read enough to come across that name,he was a chinese,credited for being the first human to produce the first anesthetic for performing surgery.
The likes of Carl slagan; Ted Turner; Richard Branson are all pot heads.

What makes you think you are better than me, @least I could have taken the route of being a scammer but i chose not to. Don't you think my soul has been given to the devil. You don't smoke doesn't make you a better,greater greater a morally insightful human. Peace!
femi4:
Who will employ a weed smoker

3 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by bsideboii(m): 11:20am On Jan 30, 2017
Atoos:
I'm seriously scared about graduating right now....

The unemployment and other stuffs.... embarassed
Nothing to be scared about, just save as much money you can and have clear cut plan in mind.
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by femi4: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2017
illuminated93:
You like bob marley? Yea,he touched the world in ways the politicians of his time couldn't,he smoked till death

Do you know james monroe? nah ,I don't think you do,he was a president of the united states,he smoked till 73

Do you know Hua Tao? I don't think you've read enough to come across that name,he was a chinese,credited for being the first human to produce the first anesthetic for performing surgery.
The likes of Carl slagan; Ted Turner; Richard Branson are all pot heads.

What makes you think you are better than me, @least I could have taken the route of being a scammer but i chose not to. Don't you think my soul has been given to the devil. You don't smoke doesn't make you a better,greater, morally insightful human. Peace!
Go to yaba left and see how thousands of weed smokers ruined their lives. You asked if I m better than you.... but you know you are not doing better with that weed.

You want console your self with Bob Marley and others....why don't you go the house of Majek Fashek so that you can learn how drugs almost ruin his life.

I can't recommend you for any job and no sane employer will want a weed smoker in the Organization. #fact

Change your ways before its too late, take the bold step by admitting that you are on the wrong path else you destroy what is left of your future.

3 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 30, 2017
Did I beg you to recommend me for a job? Are you God? Pls help those who requested you to help them,i didn't ask for your recommendation..Just imagine!
femi4:
Go to yaba left and see how thousands of weed smokers ruined their lives. You asked if I m better than you.... but you know you are not doing better with that weed.

You want console your self with Bob Marley and others....why don't you go the house of Majek Fashek so that you can learn how drugs almost ruin his life.

I can't recommend you for any job and no sane employer will want a weed smoker in the Organization. #fact

Change your ways before its too late, take the bold step by admitting that you are on the wrong path else you destroy what is left of your future.

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by femi4: 11:44am On Jan 30, 2017
illuminated93:
Did I beg you to recommend me for a job? Are you God? Pls help those who requested you to help them,i didn't ask for your recommendation..Just imagine!
I know you won't accept the truth and its non of my business. Its about your future..... It goes beyond getting a job or career, DONT DESTROY YOUR FUTURE!
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2017
Meklex:
imagine, I taught 3 people freelancing(I helped 2 open an account)... They said they can't do it and wanted me to do everything for them... People are not ready to learn and they'll be screaming unemployment.

Pls can you put me through I am willing to learn n I have the basic resources at my disposal I just need a guide

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2017
Linkwire:
Smh ... see your solution right infront of you . Start small and grow big . What could fetch you money is what you do three times a day . It's not exactly a good way but it's a way , and at least you will have something to step on for a proper investment . My brother , here's my advice , don't smoke the weed three times a day , sell it threee times a day .

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Toshiba49ja(m): 11:57am On Jan 30, 2017
iamGraced:

Pls can you put me through I am willing to learn n I have the basic resources at my disposal I just need a guide

Wait ooo...

What are the basic resources u referring to,maybe I've them with me as well....

So we cn attend the tutorial togeda cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by paroh137(m): 11:58am On Jan 30, 2017
Boss. Importing what exactly? Everything is just so super expensive.
Shakitibob0:
It is very possible.... A year after serving, I made a million in profit importing from China and running fb ads
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by marooh: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2017
KingsJohnson:

Ponzi scheme my left yansh, dey there nah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ponzi scheme without money...Ponzi done start weed PH
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by sekem: 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
okechukwu101:

You are a bigot and a hypocrite. The fact you saw weed now makes him a failure?? Am sorry for those under you. He can go into self development if there are funds....ahhh!!! Nigerians!!!!!

Okey, you must be a monkey for calling your senior a bigot and a hypocrite.

I'm sure you don't even know the meaning of those words.

You must be a weed smoker yourself hence your needless opinion.

You need money to go into self development?

Nwoke m, please don't make me laugh, okay?

Just keep on deceiving yourself and making up excuses for yourself, you hear?

You have your phone. You have your internet. You know about Google. But you don't know how to search for Personal development websites or books online abi?

Mtcheewwwww.

My friend you better visit this site: 13 Secrets School Did Not Teach You On How To Be Rich to have a better and clearer understanding on why so many wasted Nigerian youths are still unemployable.

In short you can download the free ebook to start reading it immediately.

And if you must venture into entrepreneurship which I suggest you should instead of waiting endlessly for a job that might never happen, then you should see this: 13 Entrepreneurship Books Every Serious African Must Read

That's how you start.

You can thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Chibydinho(m): 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
Meklex:
imagine, I taught 3 people freelancing(I helped 2 open an account)... They said they can't do it and wanted me to do everything for them... People are not ready to learn and they'll be screaming unemployment.

Let me be your student... my laptop have been almost useless for me. Just that I browse. I am ready to learn.
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Gkemz: 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
During my years of unemployment after nysc:

I stayed away from church launching programmes because i have limited resources but i didn't stay from participating in other church programmes.

I stayed away from market to avoid unnecessary and frivolous spending.

I stayed away from girls so i can focus on what the future holds for me even though i kept only one.

I stayed away from alcohol and smoking. Before that, i used to smoke to suppress depression and negative thoughts.

I stayed away from loneliness to avoid suicidal thoughts. I once attempted suicide but thank God for books that helped me overcame it.

I embraced God, it was a time i spent more in the presence of my creator. I always find peace and comfort in his presence.

I always play inspiring gospel songs from Nathaniel bassey, Samsong, and other ministers of God.
My most favorite songs were and still "I have no other god", "miracle worker", by Nathaniel bassey and "made a way" by Travis Greene. Those songs are so wonderful and more like an antidote for every difficult times.

But finally when things were about getting better my only girl left me and married someone else. Devastating as it was but i moved on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by sekem: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
emmygzy:
Guy your head is there. Guys are already millionaires before leaving school self. Even with information's on nairaland here, people shouldn't be complaining of been broke. Online business even pays more than those foolish white collar jobs. I make an average of 300k per month with online hustle despite been lazy when I've not even applied 10 percent of what I know or discovered. If I triple my hustle, I will be earning over 1 million per month. I have guys earning over 1.5m per month from multiple online hustle which are not yahoo yahoo. Affiliate marketing, blogging e.t. c. It even gives freedom more than. White collar slavery job.

Correct man!

Bros abeg carry go!

Don't mind these wasted Nigerian youths.

After smoking weed and smoking their worthless lives away, they will come online and start looking for whom to blame for being completely useless themselves and the society at large.

Meklex:

You dey mind dem?

Just leave dem let them continue in their foolishness and laziness.

Wasted Nigerian youths. lipsrsealed

They will not do anything to help themselves.

But they want to ride Range Rover sport by fire by force!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Gaxx01(m): 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
Meklex:

Pls, the freelancing thing, is it only web development that is involved?
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by felo812000(m): 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
Abeg go help ur Mama run that cafeteria and make it grow and become an employer of labour.
uruuru:
Omo na die here o! Its been God n my good mama. What saves me is that my mama runs cafeteria. So I spend nothing much n only collect 2h sometimes to cut hair. I don look for d work tire. My mama is an angel always running to one top politician that promised job before I even went for service. Na story him still dey give. This life sef tire me o. May God help our jobless soul.

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by gnykelly(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2017
Meklex:
WhatsApp 080
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Meklex(m): 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2017
iamGraced:

What you need is information and determination, and everything is available for you in the business section of Nairaland

Chibydinho:

Let me be your student... my laptop have been almost useless for me. Just that I browse. I am ready to learn.

Student in?

sekem:

Correct man!

Bros abeg carry go!

Don't mind these wasted Nigerian youths.

After smoking weed and smoking their worthless lives away, they will come online and start looking for whom to blame for being completely useless themselves and the society at large.

You dey mind dem?

Just leave dem let them continue in their foolishness and laziness.

Wasted Nigerian youths. lipsrsealed

They will not do anything to help themselves.

But they want to ride Range Rover sport by fire by force!!! angry

lol, I am not against his smoking weed o, everyone needs a kick, your own might be looking woman yansh grin grin
His own na weed grin grin my own na over thinking with a bottle of Heineken and suya or cat fish

Gaxx01:

Pls, the freelancing thing, is it only web development that is involved?
no, you can offer wide variety of services, ranging from digital marketing, graphic design, writing, audio editing, programming etc... It's endless

3 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Meklex(m): 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
gnykelly:

WhatsApp 080241200sixtynine
Bro, I only teach serious people, those 3 people were close somboris and I did it to help them, but they wanted all the help they can get(which is crazy, if you ask me).

Like I keep saying, Nairaland.com/business is there for you to start anything online, you can ask questions to aid you on your journey.

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Meklex(m): 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
gnykelly:

WhatsApp 080241200sixtynine
Bro, I only teach serious people, those 3 people were close somboris and I did it to help them, but they wanted all the help they can get(which is crazy, if you ask me).

Like I keep saying, Nairaland.com/business is there for you to start with anything online, you can ask questions to aid you on your journey.
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by 2shur: 12:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
baba i jus tire.
africa with our stupid mentality.
cause u see someone insane with dredlocks..
ahh na igbo make am mad.

where has it been confirmed dat weed makes one run mad.
wuldnt it be so easy to get your enemies off your shoulders if it were actually true.
if fayose mess up..give him weed he wud run mad.
abegi....your uncle either was attacked spiritually or his weed is mixed with higher dangerous hardened druhs such as cocaine...both solid cocaine..esp crack cocaine daat is smoked like sisha and liquid cocaine which is injected.
abegi.
african mentality remains backward
tripoli007:

I disagree with you marijuana can never make one go mad,except its spiked with something else been burning trees since 2004 and jot quitting anytime soon

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? / Ahmed Zakari & Co (chartered Accountants) Test Invite / Wema Bank Graduate Trainee 2021 With Classmarker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.