Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc (30061 Views)

Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? / Best Way To Overcome Unemployment After NYSC Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by engrbayo11: 9:53am On Jan 30, 2017
My brother only God can help this country. I was once in ur shoe some years back but I started from somewhere, I started my master which am rounding up anyway, I also learnt most of what am doing today here, u can make enough money by writing articles, blogging and even all these ponzi scheme stuff. Just start doing something that can fetch you income. The lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Toshiba49ja(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2017
Smoking weed thrice a day? shocked undecided undecided

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Cornerstone2020(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Shut it. A Ponzi scheme can NEVER EVER work.
You are a fool for joining the badwagon of criticizing ponzi schemes to be honest I started mmm with 20k on July 11 . 2016 before the end of Dec. 2016 I have made above 1m

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Ifeconwaba(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2017
Guy is not easy bro, but hope dee shaa. Am hoping it will get better, i graduated this year and my brother who passed out of NYSC LAST YEAR is still at home doing nothing, he has tried his best to get a job but still non yet. Am even afraid of going to NYSC i want to start hustling now and ghost my NYSC. I don't want to stay at home after NYSC doing nothing, some of my mates who couldn't gain admission then, and started hustling some of them are are financially independent now. I only wish for the best.

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by buzquet(m): 9:54am On Jan 30, 2017
Lmaoooooo! I can only emulate that smoking part grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 30, 2017
I've been in that boat,you are even lucky you are done with school and even served,I started out late with my education,I felt there was still time for that.if you grew up in PH you would understand what I mean,alot of my friends never took the decision to go back to school because they felt they were too old for it,just pride.first thing I will advice you to do is to quit smoking weed,they tell you weed is medicinal and doesn't harm your health but what they fail to tell you is the psychological effect of weed,it makes you relax about everything and makes you feel there's time,it makes you say things like we all die one day so what's the essence of all the hustle,it makes you question the existence of God.the sooner you quit smoking weed the sooner you will get your ish together.it won't be easy to quit but it's not impossible either,for me whenever the urge comes I hit the gym,now I don't even get the urges anymore.

4 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Ekakamba: 9:56am On Jan 30, 2017
Jah bless your hustle nicca. More weed to your rizla.

Oya, check my signature. I know you can convince niccas in jungle to follow suit and make some cheddars.

NB: not a day job though.

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Ruggedpen: 9:57am On Jan 30, 2017
VocalWalls:
THERE IS NO CAPITAL was the biggest lie I told myself which made me waste over one year of my life in the unemployment market... Hoping to raise enough for business.

It took a white collar job with a 15k pay to reset my brain. This was in January 2016.

March 1st, I bought my first domain.

Less than 1 year later, I have more than I really need.

You don't really need capital. You need an idea.
can you advice me more on emmanuelnwachukwu0@gmail.com on what u are doing, the step to do that
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:

Guy, relax, and be hopeful.

Our pop was Nov, 4th 2016.I got a marketing job on 10th and started on 14th. When the stressed was more than gain, I got a teaching job and resumed on 9th Jan., 2017.

The bottom line is, IT WILL ALWAYS GET BETTER!
I'm like you. Passed out from NYSC on november last year. I decided never to work for anyone. Now i make money working as a freelance web developer on Fiverr and Freelancer, while saving and working towards setting up my ICT company.

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2017
Atoos:
I'm seriously scared about graduating right now....

The unemployment and other stuffs.... embarassed

my brother pls don't b scared abt graduating cos it affected me also, dat was what i put in mine even @ d end of my service year I still spent more weeks b4 going bac home my guy it cause me 4years of wastage. but btw d 4years I start packaging grand pepper to sale without much gain just to out from home. thank Almighty God 4 2day am no more in pepper business again but now importer of goods to other countries. Pls wen ever u are on holidays, find handiwork to learn or do.

3 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by VocalWalls: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2017
CaptPlanet:

Hello bro, can u put me through on domain flipping?

Ruggedpen:

can you advice me more on emmanuelnwachukwu0@gmail.com on what u are doing, the step to do that

TherWasACountry:

Abeg, wetin u do with the domain u bot?

I started a blog... i knew it was all i had so i put in every effort.
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by InvertedHammer: 10:00am On Jan 30, 2017
illuminated93:
Even if I'm young I know this life is simple,at the end of it all we will all die. I'm wise enough not to worry about the fact that i aint employed yet and not having enough finances to do business. So this is what has been keeping me happy:
I pray everyday for God's peace
I smoke weed lyk 3 tyms a day
I stay away from bitcches that will bring me stress
I listen to rappers that flow hope,e.g,Talib kweli,Royce da 5'9,kendrick lamar,Joe budden,Crooked I etc.
I talk to my mum more.
I talk to my dad less
I talk to friends,so I gain information on stuffs I can fit in

To my fellow young men how have u been coping?
/
The beauty of social media.

Some people are unintentionally foreclosing every hope of getting a job by snitching on themselves for a few "likes".

\
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Joettti: 10:02am On Jan 30, 2017
Shakitibob0:
It is very possible.... A year after serving, I made a million in profit importing from China and running fb ads

Can you please put me tru wit dis biz 08061184364 whatsapp! Thanks
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by emmygzy(m): 10:02am On Jan 30, 2017
Meklex:
I finished NYSC in Nov 4, 2016 and I have made up to a million from passive income(from nov-jan).
Wait for white collar job at your own peril.

Note: graduated with 2:1, but I see it as useless.

I started planning my post NYSC life the first day I entered camp. While my mates are going around chasing girls I was at a corner learning graphic design and writing.
While most are updating about their sex life on romance section, I was at the business section scouring for new business opportunities.

Today, I am into many online business platform and looking to expand my reach with new ones(as time permits).

For you to succeed, put your degree certificate out of the picture, then count your options and follow one at a time.

Guy your head is there. Guys are already millionaires before leaving school self. Even with information's on nairaland here, people shouldn't be complaining of been broke. Online business even pays more than those foolish white collar jobs. I make an average of 300k per month with online hustle despite been lazy when I've not even applied 10 percent of what I know or discovered. If I triple my hustle, I will be earning over 1 million per month. I have guys earning over 1.5m per month from multiple online hustle which are not yahoo yahoo. Affiliate marketing, blogging e.t. c. It even gives freedom more than. White collar slavery job.

8 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Ifeconwaba(m): 10:03am On Jan 30, 2017
Orikinla1:
OP, If you can drive, UBER Nigeria will engage you for about N100, 000 weekly.
oga link me please i need a job badly

1 Like

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Sanchez01: 10:05am On Jan 30, 2017
illuminated93:
Even if I'm young I know this life is simple,at the end of it all we will all die. I'm wise enough not to worry about the fact that i aint employed yet and not having enough finances to do business. So this is what has been keeping me happy:
I listen to rappers that flow hope,e.g,Talib kweli,Royce da 5'9,kendrick lamar,Joe budden,Crooked I etc.
I talk to my mum more.
I talk to my dad less

Not like I mean to rub this on your face but most of your actions seem unproductive.

Rather than smoke weed 3 times a day, why not invest the money you spend on buying weed into something more productive, just as the time you spend smoking three times a day?

It could be frustrating when one's parents think they are not productive. However, I'd suggest you change your stance on this, except your dad does certain things you consider negative. He met think or consider you as a hopeless bum who whiles away his life but trust me, he is the best person you should spend time talking to.

This is rather sad. I see no reason why you should gain information on 'stuffs' to see where you can fit in. You ought to know your strengths and weaknesses long before now. If you would need to talk to your friends, it should be about creating the perfect opportunity to break even, if you don't intend to take the white collar route, that is.

Consider making every moment count. Prepare yourself so that you are not caught unprepared when an opportunity present itself. Like I said earlier, I have no intention of rubbing whatever on your face. Stay safe.

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Etizz: 10:05am On Jan 30, 2017
Joephat:
that your Doctors prescription tho.

why not go look for teaching job n see how to start up your masters.

the truth is, Masters will take u nowhere.... u know I graduated with HND electrical engineering, but am a sailor now, u won't believe my HND result is absolutely useless as am speaking.......

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by zinaunreal(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2017
Dude then join yahoo and stop killing yourself waiting for government, politicians , parents, siblings and neighbours to do the trick. Everybody cant make it in life legitimately and anybody who critisizes you is not better than you. They should look at themselves first
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Greedgod: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2017
I have been going to cele churches to see some prophets . God is d giver of prosperity, i am in search for God . Olorun shona mi !!
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Greedgod: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2017
Etizz:

the truth is, Masters will take u nowhere.... u know I graduated with HND electrical engineering, but am a sailor now, u won't believe my HND result is absolutely useless as am speaking.......
letme be part of ur cabin crew
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by cutedharmee: 10:11am On Jan 30, 2017
Did u say weed 3x daily Dat ain't a gud1 bro, A ward fr psychotic patient is real!!! May dat neva b ur portn. My piece... #source fr a little capital, get sum1 to teach you how to make a yummy pufpuf combine it wit fried yam, fried chicken and don't forget to make stew alongside cheesy wink wink.

2 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Switup: 10:11am On Jan 30, 2017
VocalWalls:
THERE IS NO CAPITAL was the biggest lie I told myself which made me waste over one year of my life in the unemployment market... Hoping to raise enough for business.

It took a white collar job with a 15k pay to reset my brain. This was in January 2016.

March 1st, I bought my first domain.

Less than 1 year later, I have more than I really need.

You don't really need capital. You need an idea.

EDIT: For those asking what i did with the domain i bought... I started a blog. Yeah!
while unemployed people were reigning curses on bloggers and shouting la click la bend on nairaland, i was still making my money, i spammed nairaland, i got banned severally, but it didnt stop me. I knew it was all i had, so i just could not stop.

**I really dont know why i get an error message from mailer daemon when i try to respond to PM requests, but i have my number everywhere on nairaland. You can reach me via whatsapp. and i'm not saying its an easy road.
first of, i dont see ur contact anywhere around here. Lol. Buh i would definitely want to contact u, if u dont mind. Thanx
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by NnaNna4(m): 10:14am On Jan 30, 2017
Orikinla1:
OP, If you can drive, UBER Nigeria will engage you for about N100, 000 weekly.

How where n when?
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Meklex(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2017
emmygzy:
Guy your head is there. Guys are already millionaires before leaving school self. Even with information's on nairaland here, people shouldn't be complaining of been broke. Online business even pays more than those foolish white collar jobs. I make an average of 300k per month with online hustle despite been lazy when I've not even applied 10 percent of what I know or discovered. If I triple my hustle, I will be earning over 1 million per month. I have guys earning over 1.5m per month from multiple online hustle which are not yahoo yahoo. Affiliate marketing, blogging e.t. c. It even gives freedom more than. White collar slavery job.
imagine, I taught 3 people freelancing(I helped 2 open an account)... They said they can't do it and wanted me to do everything for them... People are not ready to learn and they'll be screaming unemployment.

6 Likes

Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Switup: 10:15am On Jan 30, 2017
Meklex:
I finished NYSC in Nov 4, 2016 and I have made up to a million from passive income(from nov-jan).
Wait for white collar job at your own peril.

Note: graduated with 2:1, but I see it as useless.

I started planning my post NYSC life the first day I entered camp. While my mates are going around chasing girls I was at a corner learning graphic design and writing.
While most are updating about their sex life on romance section, I was at the business section scouring for new business opportunities.

Today, I am into many online business platform and looking to expand my reach with new ones(as time permits).

For you to succeed, put your degree certificate out of the picture, then count your options and follow one at a time.

hi, how can one one get into any of these online businesses plus can that be possible even if one doesn't have a PC??
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by EmilyShoton(f): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2017
TherWasACountry:

Abeg, wetin u dey do in the IT?
Web design/development and Newsletter Design
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Ruggedpen: 10:16am On Jan 30, 2017
adexcool:
Homie (as a nigga who was once in your shoEs)... add 2pac and Nas to your playlist, watch tns turn around For beta.
he should go and listen to legendary by Dj khale, christ brown and cole then thank me later
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Ganjafama(m): 10:22am On Jan 30, 2017
TherWasACountry:

And do what with it
When you get it, ideas will start popping up.
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Ganjafama(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2017
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Meklex(m): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2017
Switup:
hi, how can one one get into any of these online businesses plus can that be possible even if one doesn't have a PC??
you can start with your phone... Goto the biz section
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by Switup: 10:27am On Jan 30, 2017
Meklex:
you can start with your phone... Goto the biz section
thanx
Re: How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc by victorjoe(m): 10:28am On Jan 30, 2017
illuminated93:
I talk to my mum more.
I talk to my dad less

You sound depressed. I know what it feels like. The only thing that will get u out of that state is taking action. doingsomething worth while. Not by doing the things stated.

In my case I turned to network marketing and I can tell u that am making more money than employed people. There are so many things u can do. Especially those that have to do with bitcoin. Some u can start with as little as 4.500 to 5 k. Most of these things are real. U can ask Lady F. I met her here on nairaland and get all my bitcoins from her.

So stop feeling sorry for ur self and get something to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Got A Job Interview From Facebook,but... / N-Power: 10 Tips You Need / As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.