Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP (31943 Views)

Osun APC Sweeps Venue Of PDP Rally To 'Cleanse' It / Kola Ologbodiyan, The Publicity Secretary Of PDP Fires First Shot / Tunde Adeniran Rejects Outcome Of PDP Convention, Calls BOT To Take Over Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
Today I was at the Shehu Yaradua center for the report presentation of the PDP's Strategy Review and Inter-Party Committee, which was headed by a founding member and former minister of Information, the brilliant Prof. Jerry Gana. Present at the event were the National leadership led by HE Sen Ahmed Makarfi, BoT Leadership, founding fathers led by Alhaji Adam Ciroma, and all other organs of the party including former Governors, present and past NASS members, former Ambassadors, ministers, youths etc.

Prayer For Buhari
I was filled with joy when the Chief servant of Niger state Alhaji Adam Muazu while opening prayer according to Islamic faith took his time to pray for the President and asked God to grant him speedy recovery so as to enable him resume his duty as President. Again, Senator Ahmed Makarfi took his time to offer the same prayer while giving his Chairman's remark. The prayer was again reechoed by HE Celestine Omehia during the closing prayer. I was so pleased that I'm associated with a party that refused to make unguarded and insensitive statements over thei health of the President despite political differences.

The Highlight
While the reading of highlight of the report was going on, I was nodding my head, filled with joy because the new PDP is actually what any sane democracy need. Among the proposal was establishment of a Youth wing of the party, institutionalising the social media wing, establishment of women wing, guidelines to ensure every member participate in primaries and conventions, a policy to always put forward the best and popular candidates, a guiding policy and blueprint to ensure all PDP governors and leaders perform. rebranding of the party's image etc.

During the program, the highlight of PDP's achievement since 1999 was read by Hon Rosita Chidoka, a former minister of Aviation and anchor of the event . Also the National Chairman Ahmed Markafi apologised to Nigerians for the mistakes of the party on behalf of the PDP administrations between 1999 and 2015. I was touched by this!

Chief Dan Iwanyanwu lightened the place by "gingering" party members, while Alhaji Adamu Ciroma, a founding father of the party took the Assembly through memory lane. Professor Jerry Gana reiterated the ideals of the founding fathers and charged the leadership to live by it by adopting the report. In fact, Senator Markafi was unapologetic when he hailed the report.

Why Am I Proud Of PDP?
I have always maintained that for the party to make a mark in 2019, serious reforms and rebranding MUST be done. I am so glad that we are at a stage where some of us can proudly come out and proclaim membership of the PDP.

I am also proud of PDP for not playing politics or making reckless statements on the health of Buhari like some commentators. We wish Baba safe health and speedy recovery to lead Nigeria till we kick him out in 2019 to install a PDP government.

I may have criticised some things about the party in the past, but all those was to see the party do the right thing- which they are doing.

I am proud of PDP! Come 2019 we shall march to reclaim Aso Rock!!!

Power To The People....

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
Pix 1....
My humble self with a former Aviation minister, Osita Chidoka

46 Likes

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by Chidi4u(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2017
P. D. P power

21 Likes

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by MidolsStudent(m): 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
Today I was at the Shehu Yaradua center for the report presentation of the PDP's Strategy Review and Inter-Party Committee, which was headed by a founding member and former minister of Information, the brilliant Prof. Jerry Gana. Present at the event were the National leadership led by HE Sen Ahmed Makarfi, BoT Leadership, founding fathers led by Alhaji Adam Ciroma, and all other organs of the party including former Governors, present and past NASS members, former Ambassadors, ministers, youths etc.

I was filled with joy when the Chief servant of Niger state Alhaji Adam Muazu while opening prayer according to Islamic faith took his time to pray for the President and asked God to grant him speedy recovery so as to enable him resume his duty as President. Again, Senator Ahmed Makarfi took his time to offer the same prayer while giving his Chairman's remark. The prayer was again reechoed by HE Celestine Omehia during the closing prayer. I was so pleased that I'm associated with a party that refused to make unguarded and insensitive statements over thei health of the President despite political differences.

While the reading of highlight of the report was going on, I was nodding my head, filled with joy because the new PDP is actually what any sane democracy need. Among the proposal was establishment of a Youth wing of the party, institutionalising the social media wing, establishment of women wing, guidelines to ensure every member participate in primaries and conventions, a policy to always put forward the best and popular candidates, a guiding policy and blueprint to ensure all PDP governors and leaders perform. rebranding of the party's image etc.

During the program, the highlight of PDP's achievement since 1999 was read by Hon Rosita Chidoka, a former minister of Aviation and anchor of the event . Also the National Chairman Ahmed Markafi apologised to Nigerians for the mistakes of the party on behalf of the PDP administrations between 1999 and 2015. I was touched by this!

Chief Dan Iwanyanwu lightened the place by "gingering" party members, while Alhaji Adamu Ciroma, a founding father of the party took the Assembly through memory lane. Professor Jerry Gana reiterated the ideals of the founding fathers and charged the leadership to live by it by adopting the report. In fact, Senator Markafi was unapologetic when he hailed the report.

Why Am I Proud Of PDP?
I have always maintained that for the party to make a mark in 2019, serious reforms and rebranding MUST be done. I am so glad that we are at a stage where some of us can proudly come out and proclaim membership of the PDP.

I am also proud of PDP for not playing politics or making reckless statements on the health of Buhari like some commentators. We wish Baba safe health and speedy recovery to lead Nigeria till we kick him out in 2019 to install a PDP government.

I may have criticised some things about the party in the past, but all those was to see the party do the right thing- which they are doing.

I am proud of PDP! Come 2019 we shall march to reclaim Aso Rock!!!

Power To The People....

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
[/s]
Rubbish

508 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by monsieurpetit(m): 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2017
Pix 2..
With former Kogi state governor Idris Wada and Aides.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by omokab: 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
You said he mentioned some of the achievement of PDP between 1999 and 2015, please can you analyse those achievement step by step? Please don't forget to mention what they generated in term of revenue on oil and state between the three president produce by PDP. How those achievement have positive impact on its citizens should also be analysed. Thanks for your concern.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by DTOBS(m): 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
I will comment when Buhari resume...

4 Likes

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by hucienda: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2017
The political stalwart.

I might like or not like your political thoughts but I cannot deny the fact you that you sure are passionate about politics.

Wish every southerner is politically conscious and most importantly, involved like this young man.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by kokosin: 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
PDP rules

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by dingbang(m): 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
Who paid you to come up with this write up now... Mchew...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by ZombieKilla: 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nonsense
Barcanista the unstable fellow
Believe me, nobody is interested in ur sojourn

You don't have the "it" factor
You are neither here or there
Pls don't bore us

186 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by SUBWAY101(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
ZombieKilla:
Nonsense
Barcanista the unstable fellow
Believe me, nobody is interested in ur sojourn

You don't have the "it" factor
You are neither here or there
Pls don't bore us

Why cant you ignore the thread if you aint interested, must you insult him?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by tuniski: 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nigeria sai PDP the GOP of naija a pro enterprise and peoples party. I hail!!!! 2019 do come.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
omokab:
You said he mentioned some of the achievement of PDP between 1999 and 2015, please can you analyse those achievement step by step? Please don't forget to mention what they generated in term of revenue on oil and state between the three president produce by PDP. How those achievement have positive impact on its citizens should also be analysed. Thanks for your concern.
This should be a thread for another day. I'll mention you when done. It will be in depth

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by sarrki(m): 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nice one brother

Keep the flag flying

They should form a Good opposition

They should not only rebrand they should learn from their mistakes

They should also allow people to choose their leaders
Not imposing candidates on people

Above all they should shun corruption and people stained or dent with corrupt practices

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by NLSniper(m): 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2017
Impressive!!!

3 Likes

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by ZombieKilla: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
SUBWAY101:

Why cant you ignore the thread if you aint interested, must you insult him?
Thats an opinion and not an insult

24 Likes

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by CoolFreeday(m): 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
Its good to be passionate about your interest and believe buy God forbid that either me or any of my family member vote for PDP, not when those old looters are still there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by erunz(m): 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nice one, PDP POWER

3 Likes

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
hucienda:
The political stalwart.

I might like or not like your political thoughts but I cannot deny the fact you that you sure are passionate about politics.

Wish every southerner is politically conscious and most importantly, involved like this young man.
Iseeeee...

1 Like

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by engineerboat(m): 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
MidolsStudent:
[s][/s]
Rubbish

See painment. You need pdpidol to cure your painment

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
sarrki:
Nice one brother

Keep the flag flying

Above all they should shun corruption and people stained or dent with corrupt practices
Everything you mentioned was put into consideration, the committee's proposal captured everything.

PDP is ready to offer better service to Nigerians come 2019! I believe lesson has been learnt

8 Likes

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by engineerboat(m): 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
sarrki:
Nice one brother

Keep the flag flying

Sarrki himself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by onexile: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
This unstable guy again? I think it's time Lalasticlacla ban this guy from ever posting anything here.

For God sake, how can a human being be so unstable like this?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by engineerboat(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
Barca there is no time dan now for PDP to start playing their rightful opposition in the right way, which i want to believe theu are moving in that direction.

Though i know that NgeneUkwenu have something differently to say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by engineerboat(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
onexile:
This unstable guy again? I think it's time Lalasticlacla ban this guy for ever posting anything here.

For God sake, how can a human being be so unstable like this?

Just like you are derailing another mans thread.

Why not write your own thread and debunk his write instead of ranting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
CoolFreeday:
Its good to be passionate about your interest and believe buy God forbid that either me or any of my family member vote for PDP, not when those old looters are still there.
You can't vote for PDP? even when the party present a clean fresher and APC present a PDP defectee?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by ednut1(m): 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
naso dem dey do. when he finally gets into govt he will be worse than all those he critised, Adams, Abati, Adesina, Lauretta etc comes to mind

3 Likes

Re: Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP by engineerboat(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
CoolFreeday:

But you can vote for Amaechi, and other PDP run-away saints

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta LG Election Results Released By DSIEC(Photos) / Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.