Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,424 members, 7,836,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (44116 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by speak2leo(m): 1:12am On Feb 14, 2017
felixomor:

At first u said internet is silent.
Now you are onto something else.

Ok, go ahead and tell me what he read in school.

I am waiting.

not everything u read online is reliable. those fake reports are invalid hence disregarded in puting up a valid point.

Meanwhile I'm a Medical Doctor of 8 years in Practice. just to answer you dear.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by felixomor: 1:17am On Feb 14, 2017
speak2leo:

not everything u read online is reliable. those fake reports are invalid hence disregarded in puting up a valid point.

Meanwhile I'm a Medical Doctor of 8 years in Practice. just to answer you dear.

I went online becos of you.
I knew this about Don Moen long ago even when I was in med school.

I never even knew it was online.

Not everything about everyone is on wikipedia.
Some preachers who are qualified medical doctors dont even like discussing it until they are asked.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by speak2leo(m): 1:21am On Feb 14, 2017
felixomor:

I went online becos of you.
I knew this about Don Moen long ago even when I was in med school.

I never even knew it was online.

Not everything about everyone is on wikipedia.
Some preachers who are qualified medical doctors dont even like discussing it until they are asked.

pls if u come across here he gave account of himself as a Doctor, let me know. I'm interested in that aspect of his life. maybe I'll learn one or two.
I've heard of that story before but not attributed to Moen. I can't recall who. it must have been a mistaken account of someone else.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by speak2leo(m): 1:24am On Feb 14, 2017
speak2leo:

pls if u come across where he gave account of himself as a Doctor, let me know. I'm interested in that aspect of his life. maybe I'll learn one or two.
I've heard of that story before but not attributed to Moen. I can't recall who. it must have been a mistaken account of someone else.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by davien(m): 2:53am On Feb 14, 2017
Most theists just want to shut the op up when the logical thing to do is present their case that indeed a man/woman can pray to a god and have it answered tentatively...

Someone that has the facts on his side doesn't need to deride anyone in doubt...after all wasn't doubting Thomas given his sufficient evidence according to your scriptures,so why are we left in the dark?

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by ZUBY77(m): 4:48am On Feb 14, 2017
Setaje:
This same God healed someone I no of cancer wiv out even taking drugs or chemotherapy. This same God healed someone that had issue of blood for 5 years. Yes the person bled for five years. Wore pad everyday. I just laugh at you people. For as many unanswered prayers you no, there are many answered prayers to counter it. Whether you believe or not, I am a living testimony.

Which hospital do you work as a doctor?
Or rather where did you study medicine to have enough knowledge of who healed who?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Schwartz: 5:28am On Feb 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:
It's not a hidden fact that Medical Doctors have a huge number of Atheists amongst them, I mean, they see how ineffective prayer is in the face of death od to share stories of patients I've lost in the face of prayers and I encourage doctors and non doctors alike to come forth and share their stories.
[My Offline Bible] Psalms 14
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. 3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tohpahz(f): 7:22am On Feb 14, 2017
UyiIredia:

What am I missing? Why did you imply doubt about prayer in your posts.
Cos I doubt it..
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by mack111(m): 7:26am On Feb 14, 2017
stagger:
Mumu OP doctor,
did it occur to you that if all sick people's prayers were answered, you will have no livelihood? Even the bible records that in His hometown, Jesus could not do any mighty work there because of the unbelief of the people.

I am a personal testimony that prayer and healing are as real as it gets. I will not share my story here, but my experience is enough to confirm that prayer works, and healing is also available. Yes, mine took time to get, but I got it eventually.

Besides, are you aware that many Eastern religions also heal people? Read Yonggi Cho's Book on "The Fourth Dimension". You will understand these things better.
that's the problem with Nigerians. Do you or anyone has to be dead sick before seeing a doctor?

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Samadict(f): 8:43am On Feb 14, 2017
Akin1212:

If your god or your creator, whatchacallit, is subjected to pleasure, then he is a tyrant. And please tell him, his pleasurable moments have been duely noticed, like those you guys claimed in the old testament. I am talking about Sodom and Gomorrah, the time of Noah, where scores of people died, including children and new born babies. Pleasure my foot.
You can only complain. He reigns supreme.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by matrix600(m): 8:54am On Feb 14, 2017
TAEpiphany:
Religious Human: is the medical journal to be trusted?
Thinking human: Yes
Religious Human: can you give a logical proof?
Thinking human: ***Quotes from the medical journal*** In the book of bla bla bla, do this and do that and you will achieve healing
Religious Human: ***Facepalm

No other proof for the veracity of the medical journals other than the medical journals

You see the point? Any argument for against is pointless.....

You're getting it wrong, unlike the Bible, medical journal does not claim absolutism, it is subject to improvement in the medical field.

A medical journal of 1950 is not the same as that of 2017, there have been a lot of additions due to innovations and advancements in the field, same cannot be said about the Bible, no improvement, no innovation, nothing, and it's likely to be so in a thousand years to come.

So filling your head and mind with biblical quotes and dogma keeps you stuck 2000 years behind. So the argument didn't fail. It is spot on.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 9:02am On Feb 14, 2017
Case number 12
I was attending to a patient in the Accident and Emergency, so, this man walked in, he was a patient of the surgery department, they were managing him for metastatic prostate cancer. He came in, he's had urine retention for days, what struck me was that he came in with his prayer squad. He was admitted, then the prayer squad started praying, they finished praying and left, the man died about 30 minutes later.
So, I've seen a lot of deaths where prayers failed the patient. I'm yet to see one where prayers saved, if I see it, I'll shout it to the top of the mountains.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Samadict(f): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2017
jmichlins:
you mean we are all pawns which he plays with. Please defend God the way it will be reasonable. Am not ones play thing
Read again and note the part where I said 'clears it for me'. You are allowed to believe whatever rocks your boat dear but please give your reasonable defence while you are at it. Who can defend Him? He who loved Jacob and disliked Esau while they were still in the womb. He who allowed a man to be born blind for His glory to be known. He who gives children to the concubine but leaves the housewife who married as virgin barren. The One who allowed the calamities that came upon Job. He who hardened the heart of the Egyptian king. He who allowed Judas betray his master and died for the betrayal but prayed for Peter who did worse to receive grace. I don't know who can defend Him. Neither do I know who can comprehend His ways.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by matrix600(m): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2017
Samadict:

Read again and note the part where I said 'clears it for me'. You are allowed to believe whatever rocks your boat dear but please give your reasonable defence while you are at it. Who can defend Him? He who loved Jacob and disliked Esau while they were still in the womb. He who allowed a man to be born blind for His glory to be known. He who gives children to the concubine but leaves the housewife who married as virgin barren. The One who allowed the calamities that came upon Job. He who hardened the heart of the Egyptian king. He who allowed Judas betray his master and died for the betrayal but prayed for Peter who did worse to receive grace. I don't know who can defend Him. Neither do I know who can comprehend His ways.
That Yahweh guy is ridiculous, maybe a mental illness or something is the cause..

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Samadict(f): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2017
seunmsg:

shocked shocked shocked
You mean we are all pawns in his playbook? He allows boko haram to kill his own worshippers because it pleasures him. He brought down the church building in Akwa Ibom on people who gathered to worship him because it pleasures him. He inflicts terrible diseases on children and then watch them die in pain because it pleasures him. And, he will burn billions of people who happens to be sinners according to rules from his playbook forever in a place called hellfire because it pleasures him.

Really, you just described a very weird character that I don't want to ever have anything with if your description truly represents him. Seriously, you just make the devil character looks more appealing and the lesser evil. Hell won't be a bad option after all if your description truly represents God.
No one can comprehend Him. Call Him whatever you like but I'm sure we all believe there is a Supreme being who can't be questioned. He clearly stated that 'He'll show mercy unto who He'll show mercy'. His ways are God's ways not human ways. Since the first man and woman sinned and were chased out of the garden, men lived upon the face of the earth not as liberals but as people under punishment. The death of Christ is the only redeeming grace we have. Not to be free from the pains of this world but to be sure of a comfortable after life experience. 'since the days of John the Baptist the Kingdom of God suffers violence and only the violent takes it by force'. Violence in this context can be substituted with 'perseverance, endurance' because there are things that would make men ask questions but those who want to gain back that pleasure and relationship lost in the garden, they must persevere. Who can then explain why things played out like it did? He remains the Supreme one.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by xplicity1(m): 9:28am On Feb 14, 2017
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983!
He received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why did God have to select you for such a bad disease?"
To this Arthur Ashe replied:
50 Million children started playing Tennis
5 Million learnt to play Tennis
500 000 learnt Professional Tennis
50 Thousand came to Circuit
5 Thousand reached Grandslam
50 reached Wimbledon
4 reached the Semifinal
2 reached the Finals and when I was holding the cup in my hand I never asked God “Why Me?”
So now that I’m in pain how can I ask God “Why Me?
”Happiness keeps you Sweet!! Trials keeps you Strong!! Sorrows keeps you Human!! Failure keeps you Humble!! Success keeps you Glowing!! But only,Faith keeps you Going.
Sometimes you are unsatisfied with your life, while many people in this world are dreaming of living your life.
A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of flying. But the pilot on the plane sees the farmhouse and dreams of returning home.
That's life. Enjoy yours.
If wealth is the secret to happiness, then kids of the rich should be dancing on the streets. But only the kids of the poor do that.
If power ensures security, then VIPs should walk unguarded. But those poor ones who live simply, sleep soundly.
If beauty and fame bring ideal relationships; then celebrities should have the best marriages. But this doesn't just happen.
Live simply. Walk humbly and love genuinely.

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by drnoel: 10:03am On Feb 14, 2017
innoken:

You just earned my respect sir. I thought about your words later and really I must say... There is sense in it..

(Takes a bow)

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by magnificient7: 10:09am On Feb 14, 2017
I have to force myself to comment on this.
@op, I love your analysis, its indeed apt, however, I think you, just like many atheist do,are trying to understand the things of the spirit with the futility of their reasoning.

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

You have experienced things that shook your faith, you have witnessed things that doesn't make sense, and it seem to contradict everything you have believed. Nevertheless, you either make a decision to consolidate on your faith by seeking answers from God, or you tow the path that many have trodden before, the path of independence from God, which to me is the part of destruction. God in His sovereignty owes you no explanation, However, if you TRULY seek as Mary, "lord, how can this things be?" then you will find answers.

But please don't fuel others to join this your path because of your personal experience. it is a path of destruction

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Funkadict(m): 10:41am On Feb 14, 2017
I will like to take us back to the intention of the creator when He created the first man.

Imagine a man who created an estate and handed over the management into the hand of his son. He made sure his son will never have to sweat or hussle before things work out for him. The man's pleasure was only to see his son prosper in managing His estates.
He gave rules to the son to run things with, but the opposition came and tricked the son with sweet words, the son wanted to play smart and instead of consulting with his father, he ignorantly sold his right of ownership to this enemy out of disobedience to his father's rules.
It hurt the father though, yet He couldn't forcefully take back what the son had lost back to him.

Now the new manager (prince of the world) orders to be fair only to those who worship him, but the father says to His son "if you can decide not to worship my enemy and endure the outcomes of not worshipping him, you will get back your estate".

God created man likewise, but man lost his lease on the earth to the devil who now controls the wealth of the earth. There are things that happens that breaks God's heart, but He just won't do anything for reasons that are beyond Us. As you woke up today not knowing how it happened and people died, you can't explain why. It's the same with so many unanswered questions of life.

The Bible shows that it broke God's heart that He had created man, Why! ......:because all man's thoughts are towards evil. Maybe if He had created us as robots so that we can only do his will without objections would have been better, but His pleasure is in seeing us use our will to accomplish our wish.

The secret of the Lord is with them that fears Him. You still have the right to believe what you want though, but remember that if the son worships his father's enemy in order to enjoy wealth, he definitely cannot have his father's love when the time comes.... he will only share the fate of the one he worships.
But the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by urheme: 10:46am On Feb 14, 2017
akintom:
Embarrassed for Jesus

I once had to sort out the rehabilitation of a stroke client, who is a vice president of an international church, with headquarters in Nigeria.

Most of my sessions with him was focused more, on how i can help him out of the depression that got him. He was thoroughly disillusioned, can't understand why a pastor at his level of "anointing", could be down with stroke.

And when he even recovered to the level that he could resume his duties, he still will not resume. His reason was how to cope with the "embarrassing" looks of his members.

Most of the religious folks who came down with complications of DM and HTN, had thrown away their medications, because their pastors instructed them so.

The ignorance of the religious folks, is one of the grave challenges, that faces effective health management in Nigeria today.

Next Story

there is divine healing and divine health.....i practice divine health.....it does not mean i don't fall sick......it faze out without drugs.....that is my faith.

divine health and healing should be according to what your faith can carry.......it is not for everybody....christians and non christians practice it......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by urheme: 11:08am On Feb 14, 2017
peacesamuel94:

what I meant was that according to the bible, the requirement prayer needs to guarantee answers is Faith. So Prayer doesn't get answered in every case, because not everyone who "appears" to have faith really does.

God heals irrespective of your faith or prayers...He chooses whom He will have mercy on...even the disciples of Jesus lived with afflictions...
2 cor 12 vs 7 - 9
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by akintom(m): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2017
urheme:

there is divine healing and divine health.....i practice divine health.....it does not mean i don't fall sick......it faze out without drugs.....that is my faith.

divine health and healing should be according to what your faith can carry.......it is not for everybody....christians and non christians practice it......
what's the meaning of "divine healing" and "divine health"?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Seun(m): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2017
urheme:
That's called having a healthy immune system. You eat well, rest well, and your body heals itself. What's your genotype, by the way? Is it AS?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by felixomor: 11:27am On Feb 14, 2017
Seun:
That's called having a healthy immune system. You eat well, rest well, and your body heals itself. What's your genotype, by the way? Is it AS?

Mscheww.
Body heals itself, yet u grow old and go to the hospital....
Yeah right.... lipsrsealed

Stop mixing up things....
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Seun(m): 11:36am On Feb 14, 2017
felixomor:
Mscheww.
As you grow older, your immune system weakens and you become more vulnerable to sickness. How is this different from "divine health"? Practitioners of "divine health" also suffer from weakness in old age; at some point they'll have to choose between medical treatment and death.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2017
felixomor:

Mscheww.

Stop mixing up things....
Sometimes, I wonder if you're really a medic. This is my 2nd time interacting with you on a thread and you ask the most mind boggling questions when it comes to health. The most epic if them all was you asking me the names of the 3 patients that were the burden of proof to confirm that Zika virus is an STD.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by felixomor: 11:55am On Feb 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Sometimes, I wonder if you're really a medic. This is my 2nd time interacting with you on a thread and you ask the most mind boggling questions when it comes to health. The most epic if them all was you asking me the names of the 3 patients that were the burden of proof to confirm that Zika virus is an STD.

I doubt u too.
No reasonable medic or even scientist comes out to mix science and faith, like the way u r trying to do.
Its a stupid thing to do, honestly.

Prophecies have their own school and how they work
Science has its own definition and how it works.

Somebody prophecied that there would be a new StD.
And indeed officially, on record, a new disease was newly notified as STD in that year.

But because of your desperation and hatred for religion, you started looking for ways on google to counter it, by all means.

You either stick to science or religion, choose one.
You dont have to use the profession to stylishly justify your hatred for religion. While trying to intimidate people of faith with your medical Knowledge.

It is a stupid thing.

We all took the hypocratic oath with religious books in our right hands.

Take it or leave it, before science there was faith and even after science, there will still be faith.
Each one has its role.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by akintom(m): 11:57am On Feb 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

This folk most likely belongs to the class of medics that works in "mysterious" ways.

That's how their mysterious skydaddy "healed", in the mythological documentation of the buy-bull.

Watch Out for his infantile tantrum, he hopes to derail this thread. Little fox that spoils the vine!
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by lepasharon(f): 11:58am On Feb 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

He ain't no medic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by felixomor: 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
Seun:
As you grow older, your immune system weakens and you become more vulnerable to sickness. How is this different from "divine health"? Practitioners of "divine health" also suffer from weakness in old age; at some point they'll have to choose between medical treatment and death.

They are different things.
Stop being too desperate to explain things abeg.
Immune system is a different topic entirely.

Even we scientists, cant explain some of the things we witness.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
felixomor:

They are different things.
Stop being too desperate to explain things abeg.
Immune system is a different topic entirely.

Even we scientists, cant explain some of the things we witness.
They are not different things, as we get advanced in age, the immune system gets weaker evidenced by cancers becoming more prevalent as people get older because the telomeres get shorter and shorter leading to.errors in replication, mitosis and meiosis. You should know these things.

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by felixomor: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

They are not different things, as we get advanced in age, the immune system gets weaker evidenced by cancers becoming more prevalent as people get older because the telomeres get shorter and shorter leading to.errors in replication, mitosis and meiosis. You should know these things.

Guy rest it.
Divine health and immune system are not the same thing.
I have told you already.
Stick to faith or stick to medicine.
Stop trying to be a bat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. / 5 Ways Apostle Suleman Can Prove His Innocence In Stephanie Otobo’s Sex Mess / 'Lord's Chosen Mopols' Outfit For Their Publicity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.